How To Make Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Serve as an appetizer or as a main meal along with some air fryer green beans and a side salad. You can also use them as an alternative to a burger patty and build up a legendary salmon burger!
- add everything to a bowl
- mix until just combined
What To Serve With Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fry Salmon and Asparagus. Asparagus and salmon are a classic pairing. While the salmon is in the air fryer, prepare this fast Grilled Asparagus or Roasted Asparagus, or make Air Fryer Asparagus.
- Air Fryer Salmon and Vegetables. You can pair any veggie with salmon. For a comfort-food dinner, try Oven Roasted Potatoes or Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. For something green, Roasted Broccoli and Sauteed Brussels Sprouts are excellent.
- Air Fryer Salmon with Salad. Salad is an ideal side dish with salmon. Ramen Salad or Asian Noodle Salad would pair perfectly.
How To Cook Frozen Salmon In Air Fryer Tips For Cook The Best Frozen Salmon
If youre looking for a quick and healthy meal, how to cook frozen salmon in air fryer is a great option. Air frying doesnt require any oil, so the fish will be cooked evenly and wont soak up any unhealthy fats. In just a few minutes, youll have a delicious and nutritious dinner that everyone will love.
Also Check: Best Oven Toaster Air Fryer
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Cook with the skin side down. For best results, youll want to place your salmon in the air fryer basket skin side down to cook.
- Want to skip the thawing? You can use frozen salmon too. Frozen salmon can also be cooked in the air fryer without having to thaw it out. Follow the instructions as is and add a couple more minutes. Check with your fork for the desired doneness.
- Cooking times vary. Keep in mind that cooking time can vary greatly depending on the thickness of your fillets and your air fryer model. My fillets were 1 to 1½-inches thick and were cooked in a 5.8-quart Cosori Pro XL air fryer.
- Levels of doneness. I prefer my Salmon on the rarer side, but other levels of doneness are as follows: Rare: 120-125°F Medium: 130°F Well-done: 145°F
Best Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
*Specific measurements and complete recipe instructions are located in a printable recipe card at the bottom of this article. However, be sure to continue to read the tips and tricks to making this recipe below.
- 2 Wild caught salmon fillets, approximately 1- 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked Paprika*
- Lemon wedges, for serving
I use smoked paprika in a lot of my recipes. I highly recommend it over sweet paprika as it gives the salmon a slight smoky flavor.
The first step in making salmon in the air fryer is to thaw the frozen salmon filets, if using. If using fresh salmon you can skip this step, although you will still want to bring the salmon to room temperature before cooking.
Luckily, salmon thaws out quickly when compared to other types of meat. However, if you forgot to put the salmon in the refrigerator to thaw overnight, there is a quicker method that you can use.
How To Thaw Salmon Quickly
Remove the salmon from the vacuum sealed pack. Then place it in a sealed plastic bag.
Place the bag with the salmon in cold water for 30 minutes. If the fish has not yet thawed completely, replace the water and repeat.
Now that your salmon is thawed, it is time to let the filets come to room temperature. Although you could technically cook the salmon when it is frozen or cold, to make the best salmon, you must let it come to room temperature before cooking it in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Cooking Instructions
Also Check: Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Pressure Cooker
Key Ingredients You Need
- Salmon This is such a great source of protein that is also loaded with healthy fats and omega-3s. Its one of the easiest proteins to cook, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- Seasoning This recipe uses paprika, salt, and pepper as the seasoning. Feel free to change things up!
- Lemon As a garnish, the lemon really helps brighten up the flavors without overpowering the protein. A little goes a long way.
Air Fryer Salmon Glaze
If you are tired of the same old salmon, you can now prepare it with the help of an air fryer. The cooking time is merely four to eight minutes and the cleanup is also effortless. Not only that, salmon is full of omega 3s and packed with vitamins, which make it a good choice for a healthy dinner. The glaze is simple and sticky, with a subtle kick from chili flakes. The salmon should be marinated for at least 15 minutes before you use it, so that the glaze can penetrate the fish.
To make a delicious and healthy recipe, you can try the Air Fryer Honey Garlic Salmon. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and only uses five ingredients. This easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights as it does not require deep-frying. Honey in this recipe adds a sweet and unique flavor, and is a healthy alternative to soy sauce. You can substitute the soy sauce with coconut aminos or tamari, if you are trying to avoid soy.
Don’t Miss: Pizza Stone For Air Fryer
Different Seasonings To Use On Salmon
You can use any seasonings on these pieces of fish. For this recipe, I went with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
If you are looking for other flavors, here are a few seasoning ideas:
- Everything But The Bagel I love this seasoning on EVERYTHING, and salon fillets are no different.
- Garlic Mayo And Cheese- I know this one sounds a bit weird, but you must give it a try. Its really yummy!
- Lemon Butter- A classic! All you need is salt, pepper, lemon juice, and salty butter.
- Honey Sesame Soy- I love to season salmon using Asian flavors, and this one is no different. It has notes of sweet umami flavor. Delicious!
Whichever way you decide to season the salmon, it will turn out amazing in the air fryer.
Helpful Tips To Make Salmon In The Air Fryer
- Spray the basket with a propellant-free oil or use air fryer parchment to prevent the skin from sticking to the basket.
- Theres no need to pre-heat to air fryer.
- Dont overcrowd the basket so you get decent air flow.
- There is no need to flip the salmon, it will cook on both sides fine.
- To know if salmon is ready, the fish will change from translucent to opaque as it cooks. Check for doneness after 6 to 8 minutes of cooking, by peeking into the thickest part with a sharp knife or fork. It should flake, but still has a little translucency in the center when its done.
Read Also: Emeril Air Fryer Coupon Code
How To Air Fry Salmon Fillets
Air-fried salmon is so tender and juicy. Once you try cooking salmon in the air fryer, itll become your go-to!
To start, spray the air fryer basket with your preferred non-stick cooking spray.
Rub the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika .
Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer in a single layer.
Cook the salmon fillets in the air fryer at 400F for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon is at least 145F.
Serve and enjoy!
Ways To Use Lemon Garlic Salmon Leftovers
If you were wondering what to do with lemon garlic salmon leftovers, we have a great suggestion: add it to your favorite pasta salad. Here are two of our most loved pasta salads that work perfect with salmon:
- SALMON PASTA SALAD This fresh and healthy cold pasta salad uses a homemade lemon dill vinaigrette and tastes insanely good.
- PESTO PASTA SALAD Packed with fresh summer flavors, this pasta salad makes the perfect light lunch. Just add cold, cut up salmon pieces and enjoy.
Also Check: Power Xl Air Fryer Rack
The Best Air Fryer Salmon
Moist and flakey inside, crispy seasoned outside. Baking the salmon in the Air Fryer takes the guess work out of cooking salmon. Sometimes it can be intimidating to cook seafood but its so easy. This will turn a weekend meal to a weeknight stable. Its so quick too! 20 min or so and dinners done!
The combination of brown sugar and garlic is amazing. The sweet and savory duet is a match made in heaven. You are going to love the intense flavor of this recipe.
How To Cook Frozen Salmon In The Air Fryer
This post may contain affiliate links.
Its hard to beat the convenience of air fryer frozen salmon. Its ready in under 15 minutes and you dont even have to defrost it first! Youre going to love this convenient technique for tender and flaky salmon fillets.
Looking to cook fresh salmon filets? Check out my perfect air fryer salmon recipe instead.
I love to cook with fresh ingredients, but its always great to have some go-to pantry recipes to have for those times when you havent gotten to the grocery store or didnt have time to plan your next meal ahead of time.
When Im looking for a healthy dinner thats quick and easy to throw together, I reach for frozen salmon!
The beauty of frozen salmon is that you dont have to defrost it before you cook it in your air fryer you can take it straight from the freezer to your plate in about 15 minutes. But dont worry! It definitely wont taste like it was made in a hurry. The air fryer does a great job at not only cooking the fish perfectly but also keeps it moist and delicious!
This simple air fryer frozen salmon is such a versatile dish, too. You can eat it as-is with some rice or quinoa, throw it on a salad, use it in a casserole or with pasta, or make my favorite salmon patties.
Also Check: Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer
What Is The Healthiest Way To Cook Salmon
There are many healthy ways to cook salmon, but some of the most popular methods include baking, grilling, and broiling. Air frying is also a great option because it doesnt require any oil and cooks the fish evenly. Whichever method you choose, be sure to avoid overcooking the salmon or it will become dry and chewy.
A Salmon A Day Will Keep Your Omega
As we all know, salmon isnt only delicious its deliciously good for you! One of the big health benefits is in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosatetraenoic acid , and docosahexaenoic acid . And as a basic rule of thumb, most health officials recommend that healthy adults get between 250-1,000 mg of EPA and DHA combined a day.
And thats where our buddy the salmon filet comes into the picture.
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential, which means they have to come from what we consume.
So, grab a couple of servings of salmon a week, and your body will say, Thank you! We appreciate the lower blood pressure and decreased risk factors for disease!
Youre welcome, body. Youre welcome.
You May Like: Best Large Size Air Fryer
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
*Complete recipe instructions including specific measurements, cook temperatures and times are located in a printable recipe card at the bottom of this article. However, be sure to keep reading for helpful tips and tricks when making this recipe.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
More Information About Salmon
As always, I recommend using wild-caught fresh salmon whenever possible. Just looking at the color difference of wild-caught vs. fresh-caught salmon and you will know that there is a huge difference.
Wild-caught salmon has a deeper pink hue to the flesh. In contrary, farm-raised salmon is much lighter pink in color.
But that is not why it is important to use salmon that has been raised in the wild. I wont get into all the details, but there is a huge difference in health benefits when eating wild-caught fish.
However, if you are a careful shopper, and have many options to purchase fish in your area, there are a few farm-raised salmon farms that are certified as humane and sustainable. Just be sure to do your research before purchasing the farm raised salmon from your local grocery store.
Although, no matter what salmon that you choose to buy, the cooking time will only vary depending on the thickness of the salmon filets. The air fryer cooking times that I have listed below are for medium thickness salmon fillets that are approximately 3/4 1 inch in thickness.
Crispy Seasoned Salmon Fillets In Under Ten Minutes
If youre looking for a way to add more seafood to your menu, consider this your sign because there is nothing easier than cooking up salmon fillets in the air fryer. Its such a quick way to get really crispy salmon with beautiful, golden-browned edges and plenty of savory seasoning.
When it comes to the seasoning you use, anything goes! For this recipe, well be going with a sweet and tangy blend of honey, dijon and a mouthwatering spice blend of smoked paprika and garlic. Its a full-flavored mixture that really complements the taste of fresh salmon, and works well with any side dishes you could want!
Read Also: Best Size Air Fryer For Family Of 6
Do Air Fryers Really Work
Look at that beautiful flaking of the salmon after being in the air fryer, its absolutely perfect. So, yes, they really do work in producing the best tasting food.
The air fryer locks in the juices as it cooks and rewards you with the perfect tasting salmon.
For your air fryer salmon, youll want to use fillets that are the same thickness. These were both 1-1/2-inch fillets. And they were out of the fridge for about an hour to warm them up.
Since my boys fish for salmon every summer, all of our salmon is wild caught and still has the bones. I find the bones are easily removed with needle nose pliers since they do not tear apart the fish.
How To Air Fry Salmon Without Drying It Out
Welcome to Air Fryer Month! Throughout September, our team will be sharing healthy air-fryer recipes and tips and tricks to help you get meals on the table in less time with fewer dishes, courtesy of everyone’s favorite appliance. Visit us weekly for the latest Air Fryer Month content.
When it comes to simple weeknight meals, salmon is at the top of my listbut theres nothing more heartbreaking than tough, overcooked fillets. You can tell a piece of salmon is overcooked by the white bubbles that ooze out the sides. Thats called albumin, a protein that solidifies and escapes as the fish cooks.
Recommended Reading: Show Me Air Fryer Recipes
I Highly Recommend Using Japanese Mayo For This Recipe
While you can substitute for American Mayo, Kewpie Mayo is a STABLE item in my kitchen. Because it provides the ultimate umami flavor that you cant find in American Mayo.
Below are the main difference between American Mayo and Japanese Mayo.
- First, Japanese Mayo is made with ONLY the yolk, which gives it richer flour and a more custard-like texture.
- Second, No Salt and other seasoning are added except for MSG, which provides its umami flavor!
- Lastly, Japanese Mayo is made with Rice Vinegar, giving it a sweeter tang than American Mayo.
What Do You Serve With Fried Salmon
- Salad: A fresh salad is a great accompaniment to a piece of this perfect air fryer salmon. Try it on top of Corn Tomato Avocado Salad or Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad for a well balanced meal.
- Grains: Rice, couscous, barley and farro all make excellent accompaniments to salmon for a filling meal. Try it with Lebanese Rice, Mediterranean Couscous Salad or Turmeric Rice Salad.
- Vegetables: Bonus for this option because you can make whatever vegetable youre serving with the salmon right in the air fryer. Its great with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and Green Beans with Almonds. I opted for simple green beans and theyre ready within 2-4 minutes!
Also Check: Power Xl Air Fryer Red
Air Fryer Salmon And Potatoes
You can make a delicious meal of air fryer salmon and potatoes in no time. Just thaw frozen salmon or buy fresh fish. Pair it with some vegetables or potatoes. Then, serve it with your favorite sides! It will taste just like its been freshly grilled in the oven! And if you dont have potatoes, you can always opt for steamed broccoli or asparagus instead. Just make sure that you have preheated the air fryer properly.
To use the air fryer with potatoes, prepare the potato and brussels sprouts separately. The potatoes should be cut into bite-sized pieces and topped with some scallions. Once cooked, remove them from the air fryer basket. You can reheat them at the end of the cooking time. If you dont like potatoes, try making them separately and serve them as a meal. Just make sure you have room between the fillets.