Are Air Fryer Pork Chops Healthy
Wed definitely consider air fried pork chops healthy! Boneless pork chops are one of the leanest cuts of pork, which is why its also known as the other white meat.
Food is as healthy as the ingredients used in a recipe. To keep this recipe sugar free, dairy free, starch free, and with no artificial ingredients, we highly recommend making your own rub mix.
Dietary wise, the airfryer pork chops recipe is gluten free, low carb, Whole30, paleo, and keto friendly.
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
Frozen pork chops can be a great way to save money on meat, but if youre not careful they can come out dry and tough. Follow this simple recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops for tender and juicy meat that is cooked perfectly every time in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi!
Can you cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer? Yes! Follow this step-by-step method on how to cook frozen pork chops using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi without thawing or defrosting.
Pork chops are a lean cut of meat that can easily become dry when cooked. The air fryer is an ideal cooking method for cooking frozen pork chops because the even heating in the appliance provides consistent results every time you cook.
Air Fryer Pork Chops With No Breading
We start by mixing together the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then place the mix in a shallow dish. Then use a medium bowl and crack open an egg. One egg is all you need. Beat the egg. Then dunk the pork chop into the egg. Make sure to get it all coated. Lift it out of the bowl and let any excess drip off. Then place the pork chop into the seasoning mix on both sides. Gently rub the mixture in and make sure its all well coated.
Recommended Reading: Gourmia Gaf698 Air Fryer Reviews
In An Air Fryer What Temperature Do You Cook Pork Chops
- In a mixing bowl, combine panko, parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Separate the eggs and beat them in a separate bowl.
- To begin, cover the pork chops completely in beaten eggs. After that, dip the pork chops in the breadcrumb mixture and push down to stick the crumbs to the chops. Shake off any excess coating on both sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray each side of the pork chops with cooking spray before placing them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 4-6 minutes on the other side, until golden and crispy. Using a meat thermometer, check the interior temperature .
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and set aside for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Pork Chop Recipe
I took my favorite crispy breaded pork chop recipe and converted it for the air fryer. The pork chops were even more delicious in the air fryer because the breading stayed on better and was crispier. The flavor was the same, so if you dont have an air fryer, you can still make these pork chops in the oven. Some more of my favorite breaded air fryer recipes are Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Fish Sticks with Lemon Caper Sauce, and Air Fryer Chicken Milanese.
Don’t Miss: Costco Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls
How To Make Air Fryer Thick Cut Pork Chops
This is one of the easiest recipes and the pork chops come out juicy and tender, the way they were meant to be served.
Remember that every air fryer is different so you will need to use a food thermometer to make sure they are fully cooked.
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops With Parmesan
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Brush your pork chops with olive oil on both sides, then season one side with salt and pepper to taste.
STEP THREE: In a wide, shallow bowl, combine your parmesan cheeses paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Lay your pork chop in the parmesan mixture and coat both sides.
STEP FOUR: Once your air fryer is preheated, place the pork chops in a single layer in the basket, making sure theyre not touching.
STEP FIVE: Cook for 9 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. The pork chops are done when they reach 145 degrees internally using an Instant-Read Thermometer.
Also Check: Jimmy Dean Biscuit Roll Ups Air Fryer
Faq For Boneless Pork Chops In Air Fryer
How long to cook pork chops in air fryer?
Thin pork chops take 5 minutes on one side, and 4-6 minutes on the opposite side, to cook in the air fryer at a preheated temperature of 400°F. Thick pork chops will take slightly longer, about 6 minutes on each side.
How do you know when pork chops are done in an air fryer?
After air frying the pork chops for at least 9 minutes total, check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer to tell if they are done cooking. The temperature should read 140°F. Once they reach this temperature, remove the pork chops from the air fryer and allow them to rest 5 minutes. The temperature will rise slightly as they rest.
Can you air fry pork chops with bone?
You can air fry bone-in pork chops, though thicker pork chops will take slightly longer to cook than thin boneless chops. Air fry thick bone-in pork chops for a total of 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Can you air fry pork chops with flour?
You can air fry pork chops with flour if you like. Pork chops dredged in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs work well in the air fryer just as panko pork chops do following the same instructions. Spray them liberally with olive oil spray so they do not stick to the tray.
How To Cook Pork Chops In Air Fryer
Cooking pork chops in the air fryer is so easy. Here are the steps on how to make pork chops in air fryer:
Combine the ingredients for the dry rub in a bowl.
Preheat the Air Fryer to 380o F/ 190C .
Rinse pork chops with cool water and pat dry with a paper towel.
If you have time, put the pork chops in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
Rub olive oil on pork chops and season both sides with the dry rub.
Put the seasoned pork chops in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air Fry pork chops for 10-12 minutes at 380F/190C. Cook for 5-6 minutes, flip and cook for another 5- 6 minutes. Check the internal temperature of pork chops. The internal temperature should be 145o F.
Bring the pork chops out and let them rest for 3 minutes.
Serve and enjoy with any side of your choice.
Read Also: Jimmy Dean Sandwich In Air Fryer
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
Youll need just a few ingredients for this easy recipe. Most of them are seasonings that you probably have in your kitchen.
- Pork Chops: Both boneless pork chops and bone-in pork chops work great in this recipe. Use pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick, because thin pork chops can easily dry out and become tough.
- Olive Oil: Rubbing the pork chops with olive oil helps the seasonings to stick to the meat. It also keeps the outsides of the chops moist.
- Brown Sugar: I add brown sugar to the seasoning mix because it helps to caramelize the seasoning as it cooks. The brown sugar also brings a delicious subtle sweetness to the rub. If you prefer a sugar-free recipe you can omit the brown sugar.
- Seasonings: To season these air fryer pork chops, I used a variation of my favorite pork rub. Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper add delicious flavor. You can use sweet or smoked paprika. Smoked paprika will lend a smoky, slightly spicy flavor, while sweet paprika is more mild.
Find the full printable recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
What To Serve With Boneless Pork Chops
These pork chops are so versatile that they go really well with any of your favorite side dishes. The herbs and spices in the pork will taste delicious with some acorn squash. You can also add some green to your plate with some air fryer roasted broccoli!
Serve these pork chops with a dinner-time classic, some roasted potatoes with skins.
Don’t Miss: Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer 360 Promo Code
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Pork Chops
- I used 1/2 inch thick pork chops to make this recipe. If your pork chops are a different size, youll need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Youre welcome to season the pork chops with whatever spice blend you like! This is a very versatile recipe.
- Make sure to place the pork chops in an even layer in your air fryer. If the pork chops overlap, theyll take longer to cook.
Thick And Juicy Pork Chops Made Simple
Have you ever ever had pork chops prove dry? Thats a standard subject with cooking pork chops at dwelling. However, Im right here to let you know, it doesnt should be that approach! My secret weapon for no-fail juicy pork chops? Air frying! Utilizing your Air Fryer, its simple to make thick, juicy pork chops, each time.
Reading: Air fry pork chops recipe
Why does air frying pork chops work so effectively? The quick reply is convection heating. Basically, air fryers are mini convection ovens, which bake rather more successfully than regular ovens. With convection warmth, pork chops prepare dinner shortly, growing a crispy exterior whereas staying juicy inside.
Read more: How many gallons of oil to fry a turkey
This recipe for air-fried pork chops makes use of a seasoning rub, however no breading, so the completed chops are additionally low carb and keto-friendly.
The spicy rub is filled with taste, and barely candy to enhance the pure sweetness of the pork. And, theres no want for extra oil! Air frying makes use of a minimal quantity, for optimum outcomes!
You May Like: Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls Costco
Can You Stack Meat In An Air Fryer
For best results, meat should not be stacked in the air fryer. Since air fryer operates by the circulation of hot air, stacking meat will prevent the air fryer from cooking food properly. If you really must stack meat in the air fryer, move chops around every 3-5 minutes to allow all sides to cook and increase the overall cooking time to compensate.
Storing And Reheating Leftovers
Store any leftover pork chops in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, and use within 3 days.
You can reheat the pork chops in the air fryer, air fry for 3-4 minutes until 165Â°F/74Â°C in the center. See this post for all the details: How to Reheat Pork Chops in the Air Fryer.
Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave, for 1-2 minutes on high.
Read Also: Emeril 360 Coupon Code
Best Damn Air Fryer Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops
Heres an easy recipe for air fryer pork chops, seasoned with a simple mix of Parmesan cheese, garlic and seasonings, and cooked to juicy perfection. A quick recipe you can whip up anytime for an absolutely delicious meal!
When it comes to air fryers, theres so many versatile meals you can make. They do so much more than just fry food. For this recipe well use bone-in pork chops that are about an inch thick, mix together some real simple ingredients and in under 10 minutes youll have one of the best pork chops youve ever made. Youre not gonna believe how good these air fryer pork chops will be!
What Is The Temperature At Which Pork Should Be Cooked
The following is a cross-post from the FoodSafety.gov blog:
The USDA made several significant revisions to the recommended cooking temperatures for meats on May 24. What you need to know is as follows:
- Cooking Whole Cuts of Pork: With the addition of a three-minute rest time, the USDA has dropped the recommended safe cooking temperature for whole cuts of pork from 160 oF to 145 oF. Cook pork, roasts, and chops to 145F on a food thermometer before removing them from the heat source and allowing them to rest for three minutes before carving or eating. As a result, the product will be both safe and of the highest quality, juicy and soft.
- Cooking Whole Cuts of Other Meats: The safe temperature for beef, veal, and lamb cuts remains at 145 degrees Fahrenheit, but the FDA has added a three-minute rest time to its cooking recommendations.
- Ground Meats: This adjustment does not apply to ground meats such as beef, veal, lamb, or pork, which should be cooked to 160 degrees Fahrenheit and do not require resting.
- Poultry: The safe cooking temperature for all poultry products, including ground chicken and turkey, remains constant at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rest time refers to the time it takes for a product to reach its ultimate temperature after being withdrawn from a grill, oven, or other heat source. The temperature of the meat remains steady or rises for three minutes after it is withdrawn from the heat source, destroying hazardous microorganisms.
Don’t Miss: Air Fryer Turkey Croquettes
Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
When it gets too hot to make baked pork chops, or if you want a totally foolproof way to make em, easy air fryer pork chops are just the thing! They cook up tender and juicy , without having to turn on the oven. And bonus! they are even quicker to make than the oven version. Once you learn how to cook pork chops in the air fryer, you might never go back!
Just like air fryer chicken wings are one of my basic air fryer staples for chicken, this is one of those basic air fryer pork chop recipes youll want to bookmark for anytime you want to make em boneless and bone-in versions included.
More Ways To Cook Pork Chops
- Season pork chops with salt & pepper.
- Whisk flour and Italian seasoning. Place in a shallow bowl or plate.
- In another dish, combine bread crumbs, Panko, parmesan cheese, paprika, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Lightly dredge pork with flour and then dip into beaten egg. Finally, dip into the breadcrumb mixture pressing to adhere.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray each side of the pork chops with cooking spray and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook 5 minutes. Flip pork over and cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until browned and pork reaches 140°F with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
What Youll Need To Make This Boneless Air Fryer Pork Chop
These boneless air fryer pork chops are so easy and simple all the ingredients are staples in my pantry so its perfect for days where I dont really have a fully stocked kitchen/fridge.
- pork chops I use boneless pork chops. If you want to make air fryer bone in pork chops, youll have to increase the cook time.
- flour all-purpose flour is fine for this. I personally havent tried but a 1:1 subsititute for gluten-free flour should work for a gluten-free air fryer pork chop.
- powder or grated parmesan cheese it adds a nice salty flavour to the pork chops.
- seasoning I use garlic powder and paprika powder.
In addition, youll also need a large ziploc bag as youll combine all the dry ingredients into the bag, give it a little shake, then place the pork chops in and shake until theyre coated evenly. I prefer doing it this way if I have multiple pork chops just to save time and to avoid getting flour all over the table.
Note: I always use a meat thermometer to make sure that my meat is cooked safely. The safe internal temperature for pork is 71°C .
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
Don’t Miss: Club Chefman Air Fryer Recipes
A Few Tips To Cooking Pork Chops In An Air Fryer
Although an air fryer keeps its temperature well when opened for a few seconds, its important to leave the pork alone as much as possible.
I recommend flipping these pork chops at about 7 minutes and just look at them for a quick second. If they look basically raw still, give them at least another 5 minutes to cook.
If they are starting to brown, cook them for another 3 and then check the temperature.
This helps cook the pork faster and more evenly. Plus, the less time you touch the pork, the juicier the pork will be.
Yes, that is a trick to get magically moist pork chops too .