Toss Sliced Carrots And Diced Red Potatoes In A Tablespoon Of Olive Oil And Air Fry For 15 Minutes At 400f
In case you cant tell from the photo above, you can get away with imperfectly sliced carrots and potatoes here. Aim to keep the potato slices around the same size as the potatoes, and youll be perfectly fine.
As a quick air fryer note, I use a 301 model Ninja Foodi for air frying. If youre using a smaller or larger air fryer, youll probably need to slightly adjust the cook times.
Use the photo below to get an idea of what your potatoes and carrots should look like after air frying the first time. Youre looking for some wrinkling on the potato skins and some browning around the edges.
You want your veggies to be mostly cooked and fork tender before adding a little extra olive oil and the seasoning blend. Theres no harm in extending the time in the air fryer by a few minutes in this step if youre unsure about them being done.
Why You Should Air Fry Frozen Roast Potatoes
healthier when air-fried than baked. The amount of oil added to frozen potatoes is ridiculous. With the air fryer, the basting fat drips into the bottom of the air fryer basket and you are still left with a crispy roast potato that is fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Check my crispy roasted potatoes recipe if you fancy making yours from scratch.
It is convenient and saves time on peeling, chopping, seasoning, parboiling, and scuffing for rough edges. Frozen potato already contains some sort of seasoning. It has been parboiled or blanched and cooks in 20 minutes in the air fryer.
No need to wait around for the spud to thaw, it can be cooked directly from frozen. What is not to love?
Roasted potato is great as a snack, appetizer when served with dips such as fry sauce or marinara sauce.
You can cook frozen potatoes in any brand of air fryer, however, the cooking time would vary due to the different brands and wattages used.
Any brand of frozen potato works, I used McCain but you can any shop brand available to you, here in the UK Aunt Bessies homestyle roast is another popular brand choice for frozen foods.
Why Cook A Baked Potato In Air Fryer
The perfect baked potato has to have 3 things:
Typically the air fryer is meant to be a healthy alternative to fried foods because youre using less fat. You cant exactly make a baked potato healthier in that way, but you sure can save some time and that, my friends, is a win! It is also more energy efficient to cook a baked potato in an air fryer and requires no preheating.
Whether you are making this air fryer baked potato topped with all of the fixings for your lunch or as a side to a nice juicy steak for your dinner, the most important question to ask yourself is, are you going to eat the potato skin? Or leave it? I am pro eating that delicious crispy and salty potato skin!
You May Like: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
Mix Smoked Paprika Garlic Powder Black Pepper Salt Dried Oregano Ground Thyme And Sugar Together In A Small Bowl
This is a similar spice blend to the one I used for my cajun seasoned Ninja Foodi sweet potato fries with a few minor tweaks. Smoked paprika is not very spicy, in my opinion. But if you wanted a more mellow flavor, you could cut the amount in half.
How To Cook A Baked Potato In An Air Fryer
The process is super easy! Heres how youll bake your potatoes in the air fryer:
Read Also: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Sliced Potatoes In Air Fryer
I have always had a thing for sliced potatoes. Many years ago, when Dominic and I first set up home together, I used to replace aubergine in a moussaka with sliced potatoes.
This is because aubergines were too expensive, and I could get some cheap potatoes and use them instead. Plus, Dominic, like most blokes would choose potatoes over aubergine, so he was happy!
I also loved to decorate the top of a casserole with some yummy, sliced potatoes and it made the casserole even more special. If you follow a gluten free diet you can use it as a replacement of pasta in lasagne recipes.
Whenever you have a recipe for a casserole, imagine follow this recipe today for air fryer sliced potatoes and taking your casserole to the next level.
So when I read online that you can not make a slow cooker Lancashire hotpot, I was like.have they not heard of an air fryer for making those sliced potatoes all crispy?
I cooked the slow cooker Lancashire hotpot and loaded my favourite potato slices into the air fryer and then placed them on top.
Edit: Before I get a zillion emails and comments asking what a Lancashire hotpot is, you can read about it here, but basically it is a lamb stew from northern England topped with sliced potatoes.
And that is what this air fryer recipe is all about. Showing you how to make the best ever air fryer potato slices that you can eat however you like, especially over casseroles, stews etc.
Air Fryer Vs Convection Oven
- Air fryers cook food faster than an oven does. Because of the small size of air fryers, the heat inside is more concentrated and powerful. This results in quick and crispy results.
- Air fryers dont get as hot as an oven. Usually air fryers have temperature controls from 100°F to 390°F. This can be limiting if youre looking to broil something or use a higher temperature.
- Air fryers have limited space for cooking food. For example, the NuWave air fryer is 3.5 quarts which is pretty decent for a family of 4. There are some large ones, but theyll never be as large as your oven.
- Air fryers take up space on a kitchen counter. As convenient as they are, air fryers are still another appliance to place on prime kitchen counter space. So you have to decide if you will use them enough. Im now seeing toaster ovens that have air fryer capabilities as a new trend. Thats great to save on space and get double the functions in one appliance.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How To Cook Frozen Roast Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 mins. I like to do this as I believe it gives the potatoes a good head start as it would if oven-baked.
Transfer the frozen potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size until fork-tender, golden and crispy on the outside. Shake the air fryer basket every 10 minutes to allow even cooking.
Be careful when removing the air fryer basket from the base tin so that the dripped fat does not spill on the floor or on you. It will be hot so be careful! Remove the potatoes with a tong or a fork to avoid kitchen accidents.
Season the potato as desired whilst it is still hot, serve as desired and enjoy!
For More Air Fryer Recipes:
If you recently got an air fryer and dying to try some recipes, these air fryer potatoes are the perfect place to start. All you need are potatoes, spices and about 15 minutes. These potatoes are so versatile, tasty and pair well with main dishes for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
If youve tried this healthy Air Fryer Potatoes recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then dont forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on so I can repost on my stories!
Also Check: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
How To Make Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Wash and scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry with a dishtowel. Using a fork, poke holes in the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a cutting board or in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and rub to coat the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in the basket of the air fryer and cook on 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. After 30 minutes, test the potatoes with a fork. If the fork pierces the potato all the way through, its done. If not, cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the air fryer using oven mitts. Slice open the top of the potato and squeeze the ends to release the steam.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper or any of your favorite toppings!
Toss The Air Fried Potatoes And Carrots In Another Tablespoon Of Olive Oil And Coat In The Seasoning Blend Air Fry For An Additional 10
Be sure to get all the goodies left in the bowl on top of the potatoes and carrots once you put them back in the air fryer basket. After the 10-12 minutes back in the air fryer, youre looking for some caramelization on the carrots and crispy edges on the potatoes.
As long as you avoid burning the seasoning blend and sugar, you could extend the air fryer time by a few minutes. Or if youre using a Foodibroil for a few minutes for extra crispy carrots and potatoes.
Once you get them just right, toss with a bit of parsley and serve them up!
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator Recipes
How To Store Leftover Au Gratin Potatoes
Leftover au gratin potatoes are a delicious and easy dish to prepare. And, if youre a big fan of potatoes, then you know that theres always going to be some leftovers when making this tasty side dish.
For best results, let the Au Gratin Potatoes cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. Placed in the refrigerator, they will last for about 3 to 4 days. You can reheat them in either the microwave or air fryer. Heat until warmed through.
How To Make Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
To peel or not to peel the potatoes? The choice is yours! I personally like rustic looking potatoes, and I always try to buy organic so I usually leave the peel on.
If youre using baby potatoes, then cut them in half. If theyre tiny, then you can just poke them with a fork to allow the steam to escape. If using larger potatoes, just cut them into 1-inch pieces.
To roast the potatoes:
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with extra-virgin olive oil, smoked paprika if using, garlic granules, and season with salt and pepper . Make sure that the potatoes are well coated in oil and seasonings.
- Place in the Air Fryer basket, and roast at 380°F for 10 minutes. Flip the potatoes, and roast for 10 more minutes. The potatoes should be fork-tender and crispy on the outside.
- Serve warm!
Recommended Reading: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes
If using diced frozen potatoes, spread in a single layer in the AF basket, and don’t forget to shake halfway through cooking. When cooked at a temperature of 180C/360F, frozen will take about 15 – 20 minutes to cook depending on the size. It’s ready when the skin is crispy and golden and the inside fluffy.
Note that cooking time might vary with the type and brand of the air fryer used.
How To Make Roasted Carrots And Potatoes In An Air Fryer
This is a super easy recipe. Youll only need a pound of red potatoes, a pound of carrots, some olive oil, and a handful of spices. Ill run you through it below and cover a few ingredient modification notes as we go. Youll find a full recipe card at the bottom of the post if you want to jump ahead.
Recommended Reading: Bravo Xl Oven Reviews
How To Make A Baked Potato In Air Fryer
- Step 1: Thoroughly rinse a couple of good sized russet potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork to allow air to escape while cooking. This is an important step whenever you cook potatoes. Nobody wants a potato explosion on their hands!
- Step 2: Pour a bit of olive oil over your potatoes. Remember that air fryers only need a small amount of oil for cooking. Coating your potatoes in oil will allow them to crisp up on the outsides while letting the insides cook to a perfectly fluffy finish.
- Step 3: Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. A little bit of seasoning goes a long way, so between a couple of potatoes you should only need a teaspoon of each.
- Step 4: Rub the oil and seasonings all over the outsides of the potatoes to coat them well, then place them in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 390 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Then remove, serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Tips For Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Test for doneness Your potato is cooked through if a knife inserted into the center is easily pierced. You can easily continue cooking them in the air fryer if they need more time.
- Scrub potatoes The potato peels are edible and super tasty when you salt them. Just be sure to clean the potato under running water before cooking it.
- Poke potatoes with a fork air fryer potatoes dont have to be poked with a fork, but there is a small chance your potatoes will burst and make a mess in your air fryer which is why we take 10 seconds to poke the potatoes.
- Dont overcrowd the air fryer. You want the air to circulate evenly around the potatoes.
- Reheat the potato by cooking it in the air fryer at 400 until heated or use a microwave.
Air fryer baked potatoes are so satisfying, especially when they are loaded up with all the fixings. Id love to hear about your favorite toppings in the comments.
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How To Cook Air Fryer Potatoes
This post contains affiliate links.
The ultimate guide on how to cook air fryer potatoes! How to make baked potatoes, homemade French fries, and potato chips in your air fryer, using both white potatoes and sweet potatoes.
Now that youve Marie Kondod out your kitchen, its time you fill that emptiness with your new favorite appliance, the air fryer! This countertop appliance cooks just about everything, making your food crispy and fried feeling . So today were talking all things air fried potatoes, using both sweet potatoes and white potatoes! Click the links below to jump around the post:
I used a Philips Air Fryer to make all of these air fryer potato recipes and absolutely love it, though any air fryer should do the job!
How To Cook A Potato In The Air Fryer
A few months ago, we took on the challenge of testing all the ways to make a baked potato in search of a clear winner. We tried the microwave, the grill, and even the slow cooker, but ultimately settled on the oven as our favorite. Many readers, however, pointed out that we hadnt tried the air fryer and if we had, we may have landed on a different winner. So we gave it a go.
After air frying my first batch, I wholeheartedly agree if its crispy skins your after, the air fryer method is far-and-away the winner. Its not any faster than baking a potato in the oven, but its foolproof you get tender, fluffy insides and crisp skins every time. If you own an air fryer, I highly recommend giving it a go, too.
Prepare the potatoes the same way you would for baking: rinse, scrub, and dry them, prick them all over with a fork, drizzle with oil, and season with salt. The recipe below is written for a standard air fryer those in the 3-quart capacity range so it only calls for two potatoes. If youve got a larger capacity air fryer, feel free to double or triple the recipe just make sure that the potatoes have at least an inch between them to guarantee those crispy skins.
Recommended Reading: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
Video Result For How Long Do U Cook Fries In An Air Fryer
Air Fryer 101 – How to Use an Air Fryer – Beginner?…
Air Fryer Frozen Burgers – How To Cook Frozen…
Top 12 Air Fryer MISTAKES How to Use an Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Fish & Chips – How to cook frozen…
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes Recipe – How To Bake Whole…
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
How to Cook a Baked Potato in an Air Fryer
How to cook FISH in a air fryer..
How to make Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Air Fryer Canned Biscuits – How To Cook Canned…