How To Make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks:
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and step by step printable directions, as well as a step by step video**
- Prepare the bread and egg mixture:
- Slice brioche or challah bread into thick slices. Then each slice into 3-4 sticks . Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add egg, cream/half and half, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon whisk to combine completely set aside
- Make an assembly line: setup whisked egg mixture and bread next to each other.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick oil spray or use a parchment paper liner so the bread doesnt stick to the basket .
- Dip the sticks into the egg mixture being sure to flip and coat both sides. Lift out of the mixture and allow to drip for a few seconds, then place into the air fryer basket. Repeat for remaining sticks.
- I fit 11 sticks in my air fryer, however you may fit more or less depending on the size of the air fryer.
- You may have to do 2-3 batches in the air fryer. Do not overcrowd or they will not get crispy.
- Close the Air Fryer and set to 400 degrees and 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, open the basket and carefully flip the french toast sticks. Close the air fryer and cook 3-4 more minutes at 400 degrees.
- Time may vary slightly depending in air fryer model.
- Remove the french toast sticks when finished and then cook remaining air fryer french toast sticks.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar or your favorite toppings!
Why Use An Air Fryer For French Toast
Air frying uses hot air and convection currents to circulate heat around food, cooking it quickly and evenly while still preserving all of its flavor. So, no more mush soggy French toast! The best part about using an air fryer is that itâs easy to use â just set the timer and temperature controls on the digital display panel and let the air fryer do all of the work for you. It will automatically shut off when cooking time has ended so there are no worries about babysitting, overcooking or burning your food. And cleanup is a breeze too with nonstick surfaces that make wiping up spills quick and easy.
How Do You Make Air Fryer French Toast
You May Like: Instant Vortex 6 Quart 4 In 1 Air Fryer Reviews
Air Fried Frozen French Toast Sticks
You can fry your frozen french toast sticks on the pan. But if you want to skip the grease and opt for a healthier option, you can air fry it instead. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how can you air fry frozen french toast sticks or reheat it.
Things you need:
- One pack of frozen french toast sticks
- An air fryer
Isn’t it convenient?
How To Use An Air Fryer
Air Fryers are a relatively new invention where you can create wonderfully crispy creations without the added grease and fat and burns of cooking in oil. All Air Fryers are slightly different, but all will need to be preheated before using.
Normally, you will also have to stop the air fryer halfway through cooking and shake the basket so that everything inside cooks evenly. Ultimately you will need to follow the instructions that come with your air fryer. Some other things you can make in an Air Fryer include french fries, fried pickles, popcorn chicken, or a number of other recipes.
Read Also: Easiest To Clean Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Easy Air Fryer French Toast
My kids love breakfast! Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, but their favorite is french toast!
French toast isnt my favorite breakfast to make because it requires babysitting at the griddle that is, until now!
Air fryer french toast completely changed the game for me! I swear, it is the best french toast sticks I have ever made! They are super easy and ready in no time.
We love to make up a big batch and freeze them for a quick and easy grab and go breakfast!
With this recipe, you can make them into either full slices of french toast, or like we prefer, french toast sticks!
Toppings For Easy French Toast Sticks
Besides dipping them in the best homemade maple syrup you can do a lot with these sticks.
- Syrup: Besides maple you can dip these french toast sticks in other syrups, you can totally get creative, but try, coconut, buttermilk, huckleberry or apricot syrup.
- Spreads: You can spread the sticks with Nutella, caramel sauce, peanut butter or cookie butter.
- Fruit: Serve alongside or on top with your favorite fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas or even try orange zest.
- Nuts: Nuts can be used to top them too, after the whip cream of course to keep them on the french toast sticks. Try chopped pecans, walnuts or pistachios.
- Jam: French toast sticks are easy to dip in jam as well. We love peach, apricot, strawberry or huckleberry jam.
- Chocolate: Chocolate in the morning makes everything better! Sprinkle with chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
- Extras: These are not exactly extras, but more of necessities at my house. Dip and spread with butter, whipped cream, sprinkles, powdered sugar or shredded coconut.
Also Check: Air Fryer Recipes For Weight Loss
What Temperature Do You Air Fry French Toast
First, start by pre-heating your air fryer. Set the temperature to 400 and pre-heat the empty basket for 3 minutes. I like to place a cutting board on my counter to place the air fry basket on to load the French toast since it will be hot.
Once the basket is pre-heated, place the first two slices of soaked French toast inside your air fryer basket and close the door. Air Fry at 400Â°F for four to five minutes or until both sides are golden brown. You may need to cook it longer depending on how hot your machine gets.
For thin slices of bread, such as sandwich bread, I find theres no need to flip the toast. It should cook through in 4 minutes. For thicker slices of bread that is more than an inch thick, after 4 minutes carefully turn over the French toast using tongs. Then air fry for an additional two to three minutes until both sides are golden. Repeat this process until youve used up all your bread and French toast batter.
What Can You Not Put In An Air Fryer
I really suggest that you do not put your battered foods into the air fryer because they will be very wet batter, as the cornmeal batter on a corndog.It will not cook successfully in an air fryer, as the coating is particularly heavy and wet will drip through the perforated basket before it has time to crisp.Meanwhile, the hot oil bath in a traditional deep fryer is key to setting up battered food, so use the deep frying method instead of the air fryer when it comes to battered food.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Chicken Tenders In Air Fryer
Why Is My French Toast Sticking To The Air Fryer
While most foods dont stick to the inside of an air fryer basket, recipes with more of a wet batter, like Air Fryer Hush Puppies and these air fryer French toast sticks, will stick to the basket.
To avoid sticking all together, I recommend using a small parchment round. They work great for everyday use or just when cooking things that may stick more than usual.
Theyre also super cheap for a package of 100! We bought a package last year and still have more than half of them left!
Air Fryer Recipe Tips
- If youre ready to make homemade French toast sticks but your bread is too soft, its easy to dry it out! Set slices out overnight on a baking sheet, or bake them in a slow oven at 200°F for about 10 minutes. Let the bread cool before cutting into sticks.
- Preheating the air fryer is important because as soon as the hot air hits the food, it starts to crisp up on the outside which makes the interior of the food tender.
- To keep Air Fryer French Toast from sticking, be sure to spray the basket with cooking spray before frying.
Don’t Miss: Farberware 6 Quart Digital Xl Air Fryer
An Air Fryer Breakfast
- Air Fryer French Toast is a fun recipe to make with the kids.
- It only takes a few ingredients and a few steps to make these!
- Leftover or slightly stale bread is perfect for this recipe.
- These sticks can be reheated and are great for little fingers to hold.
New to Air Frying? Check out our favorite Air Fryer here.
View all Air Fryer Recipes here.
Toppings For French Toast Sticks
We love to top our french toast sticks in a variety of ways. Im listing some of our favorite ways to top our french sticks below however, the options are endless.
- Syrup Any flavor of syrup that you enjoy. I like this Butter Pecan Syrup. Other ideas are maple, buttermilk, huckleberry, or blueberry syrups.
- Jam or Spreads Any type of fruit or jam spread. We like strawberries or raspberries.
- Nuts Any type of your favorite nuts make a great topping. I suggest using chopped nuts.
- Fruit Washed fresh fruit tastes great. Things like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, bananas, or even oranges can be used. Options are endless.
- Traditional Toppings Things like Nutella, Chocolate or Caramel Syrups, powdered sugar, whipped cream, ice cream or even sprinkles.
Also Check: Good Things To Make In Air Fryer
How Do I Make This Into Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
You really just need a serrated knife to cut the slice of bread. Make certain to put the bread in a single layer on the air fryer rack and that is all you have to worry about to make the best french toast sticks!
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for these simple French toast sticks, leave it below in the comments. Were always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
More Breakfast Recipes:
If you love this recipe for Air Fryer French Toast Sticks as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
Making French Toast In An Air Fryer
The first thing youll need to do is gather your ingredients: bread, eggs, milk , vanilla extract, and cinnamon. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of milk, 1 egg, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Once all those ingredients are whisked together well, dunk two pieces of bread into the mixture and coat each side. Hold up the soaked bread and let any extra batter drip away.
Once the bread is dipped in your batter, youre ready to air fry!
Read Also: The Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven
What Is The Best Bread For French Toast Sticks
I usually use whatever I have on hand. Obviously, regular sandwich bread works, but I highly recommend Texas Toast if you really want a great breakfast experience. It comes out really great in the air fryer, light and fluffy.
If you are looking for a real treat, Texas Toast makes an amazing French Toast. They are thicker than regular bread and really make a great treat for the entire family.
What’s The Best Way To Prepare The Air Fryer Basket When Making French Toast
I think the best type of preparation for the basket is by using a spray bottle with olive oil. Even with a non-stick coating, the egg on the bread will want to stick to the liner of the basket. I don’t typically use cooking spray, and you can check out other oils that are best in the air fryer. You can also use air fryer parchment paper.
Read Also: What Is The Best Air Fryer In The Market
What Type Of Bread Is Best For French Toast
If you thinking about making your own frozen french toast sticks at home then the top three choices of bread to use for French Toast are :
- French Baguette
All of these options will make you wonderful French Toast sticks that you can store or use right away in the air fryer, but we have to give the most stars to Brioche.
Not only bread the air fryer is capable of cooking/reheating but almost all types of bakery can be either cooked or reheated with the use of it.
Take Pizza, for example, the air fryer with the help of the right temperature and timing you can cook or reheat all types of pizza crust from thin to thick, as proof, you can check these recipes and try them:
Using the right temperature for each of these Pizza, you will make sure you will have that brown lovely crust that I love, and melted delicious cheese.
Air Fryer French Toast Is Quick Easy And Delicious It Takes Barely Any Time To Prep And Cooks Rapidly This Is Be A Breakfast Recipe Staple
Making breakfast in the Air Fryer is genius! Cleanup is easy and it makes the french toast in under 10 minutes! Best of all, you dont have to wait over the stovetop waiting to flip over the french toast! This Air Fryer French Toast will be a staple in your breakfast rotation!
If you havent jumped on the Air Fryer train, you need to! Its my favorite appliance and it takes the place of a toaster, toaster oven, microwave, fryer, and microwave . I highly recommend purchasing an Air Fryer if you havent already! Ive shared so many easy air fryer recipes with yall, including French Toast Sticks, Asparagus Fries, Avocado Fries, Air Fryer Hot Dogs and so many other air fryer recipes!
Don’t Miss: Gourmia Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Homemade Air Fryer French Toast Sticks Are So Easy And Delicious Eat Them Fresh Or Freeze And Reheat Later For A Quick Breakfast
Making breakfast in the Air Fryer is genius! Cleanup is easy and it makes homemade french toast sticks in under 10 minutes! Best of all, you dont have to stand over the stovetop waiting to flip over them over! Make a big batch and then freeze them for easy delicious breakfasts all week!
Serve alongside a delicious fruit salad and you are good to go! These Air Fryer French Toast Sticks will be a staple in your breakfast rotation! Not a fan of french toast sticks? I also have a recipe for Air Fryer French Toast that is easy and delicious!
If you havent jumped on the Air Fryer train, you need to! Its my favorite appliance and it takes the place of a toaster, toaster oven, microwave, fryer, and microwave . I highly recommend purchasing an Air Fryer if you havent already!
Making these French Toast Sticks couldnt be easier! Heres how:
Air Frying Frozen French Toast
No time to make French toast from scratch? No problem! You can use an air fryer to cook any pre-made frozen French toast from your local grocer. And its PERFECT for crispy, ready-to-dip French toast sticks. Its so much better than the soggy French toast sticks youd get from a microwave. Ive tried both Eggo and a store brand o f French toast and both came out perfectly in the air fryer.
Like I mentioned above, air frying is essentially convection cooking with hot air. So, to cook your frozen French toast in the air fryer, follow the package directions for baking in an oven. Only, reduce the temperature by 25 degrees, and the time by 2-3 minutes. Start by setting the temperature to 400 degrees and pre-heating the empty air fry basket for 3 minutes. Next, reduce the temperature to 375, add your frozen French toast to the air fry basket and cook for 4 minutes.
You May Like: Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer Combo
How To Store And Reheat
You can easily freeze your french toast sticks in an airtight container or bag and reheat them later. Let them cool completely and try to get as much air out of the bags as you can. You can freeze french toast sticks for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to eat them, just remove them from the bag, place them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 3 minutes or until heated and crispy.
You can also leave them in the refrigerator for a couple of days and reheat them in the air fryer.