Is It Better To Air Fry Or Bake Bacon
There are both kinds of people, one who likes their bacon baked and then there are people who like their bacon to be air fried.
The problem with baked bacon is that it often lays flat and is not in the best shape they are supposed to be for optimal cooking.
Whereas, when bacon is cooked in an air fryer, you can enjoy it in its curly and crispy form that one desires the most. I mean, isnt that the essence of bacon? That curl, that crisp?
The main tip for a fine texture for your bacon is to keep them flat and not overfill the basket.
Baked bacon is often chewy from the middle. There are ways in which you can make your bacon crispy in an oven too but it is too much effort and too much time that is required for it because an oven and an air fryer do not work the same way.
Check out the video and be your judge.
How to cook bacon in an air fryer vs. oven
How To Make Frozen Bacon In The Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Wedge the frozen block of bacon in the air fryer. Make sure the air fryer can properly close.
STEP TWO: Set the air fryer temperature to 360 degrees F and cook for 8 minutes.
STEP THREE: Once the time is up, use tongs to pull the strips apart and lay them in as much of a single layer as possible. Overlap is okay.
STEP FOUR: Cook for an additional 10-14 minutes, checking frequently and flipping every 3-4 minutes.
STEP FIVE: After 10 minutes, remove strips that have reached your desired level of crispiness and space out the remaining strips. Continue to check and flip every 2 minutes, removing any pieces that have finished cooking.
STEP SIX: Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to remove any excess grease. Serve and enjoy!
What Is The Best Way To Cook Bacon
- Depends on whom you ask but not THIS is my go to. You want to know the biggest reason I love cooking air fryer bacon?
- Other than not getting splattered on I love that all the bacon grease drips away from the meat!
Also Check: Top Rated Xl Air Fryer
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Cook it slower and lower. If youre having trouble with smoke, try cooking bacon for longer at just 300 . It could take up to 20 minutes. Sometimes, higher heat causes grease to drip and smoke up your kitchen.
- If you see smoke, stop cooking! The minute you see smoke coming out of your air fryer, shut it off, and finish cooking on the stove. When it is cool, be sure the heating element is free of drippings.
- Keep it flat! If your bacon ends up curling up while cooking in your air fryer, try setting a small rack over the cooking bacon.
Tips To Cook Frozen Bacon In The Air Fryer
- Make sure you can push the frozen block of bacon down far enough in the basket that you can properly close the air fryer.
- Bacon has a smoke point of 374 degrees F, which is why we want to keep the heat lower. Cooking at 360 degrees F will help keep the bacon from smoking.
- Once you separate the bacon, try to lay the strips in as close to a single layer as possible, but overlap will happen since there is so much in there at once. As they cook down, the overlap will lessen.
- Remove the bacon strips from the air fryer as they finish cooking so they wont get overdone, but the remaining pieces have plenty of time to crisp all the way up.
- Making thick cut bacon? No problem! Just add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure the bacon gets nice and crispy!
Read Also: Combo Air Fryer And Pressure Cooker
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In Air Fryer
Besides learning how to cook bacon in air fryer, well enlighten you on how to cook turkey bacon using the cooking appliance. The procedure is almost the same as cooking regular bacon. If you dont like pork bacon and want something tasty and healthier, turkey bacon is the best option. It has slightly fewer calories and less fat, hence good for your health.
When cooking the turkey bacon, preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Then, place the strips in the air fryer basket and avoid overlapping. Sprinkle some vegetable oil over the strips and cook for 10 minutes. Be sure to flip the strips halfway through as it allows the turkey bacon to cook evenly on all sides. You may cook for additional minutes until the bacon is cooked as desired.
Read Also: Jimmy Dean Croissant Sandwich Air Fryer
Why Use An Air Fryer
- Air fryers are a healthier way to cook food. You can get crispy food, like chips, bacon and sausages with much less oil than frying or baking.
- They are quick and easy to turn on and they heat up quickly, so you don’t have to wait for an oven to heat up.
- Air fryers usually cook food in less time than it would take to roast it. This bacon would take around 20 minutes in the oven, but it cooks in the air fryer in just 8 minutes. You can fry it in the same amount of time, but there is more chance of burning it and you have to use more oil.
- They might take up a fair amount of space on your countertop, but they are so versatile that you will use them over and over again. They are very easy to clean too.
- There is nothing worse than using your oven on a hot day, and heating up the whole kitchen. Using the air fryer stops this from happening.
- Using an air fryer means more space in the oven. This is especially important if youre cooking a big meal like Christmas dinner and need your oven space for the meat and potatoes.
Don’t Miss: Tyson Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Best Bacon In The Air Fryer
My family loves bacon. Its not just breakfast food for us! I love adding bacon to all kinds of meals, from using it as a topping for salad and soup to serving it wrapped around steak or chicken. I even love it as breakfast for dinner.
But one thing that stops me from making bacon all of the time is how messy it can get and how long it can take to get the perfect crispy results, especially if you like making bacon in the oven like me.Ive been making a lot of food in the air fryer lately, so one of my kids asked mecan you air fry bacon?
As it turns out, yes, you can air fry bacon, and the air fryer solves both the problem of messiness and how long it takes to cook! It takes just 10 minutes to make the crispiest bacon you will ever eat and since its in the air fryer, the cleanup is so easy. I guarantee if you love bacon as much as my family and I do, you will obsess over this easy air fryer recipe.
I will never cook bacon any other way. So crispy and just perfect.
Luis on Pinterest
Why Should I Cook Bacon In An Air Fryer Instead Of A Pan On The Stove Top Or Oven
There are many air fryer accessories that can accompany your air fryer, including a splatter guard for when cooking bacon in air fryers. An air fryer is perfect for air frying bacon because theres no need to flip anything over or worry about grease splatters on your cookware! In addition, all air fryers use air instead of oils and fats, which means you can enjoy healthier food without having to compromise taste! Therefore, you can absolutely cook this dish in the Emeril Air Fryer, which we have reviewed on this website.
Cooking bacon in an air fryer is also much easier than cooking bacon on the stovetop, where youll have to constantly monitor the temperature and turn the bacon strips. Air frying eliminates this problem since air frying cooks foods quickly and evenly regardless of altitude, location, or time zone.
Read Also: Americaâs Test Kitchen Air Fryer
Read Also: Philips Avance Xl Air Fryer
Ways To Use Air Fried Bacon
Sometimes I air fry a double batch of bacon and keep any I dont want to use immediately in the fridge. As long as its in an air tight container it will last well there for 4 to 5 days. Here are some ways I like to use it:
- Add to sandwiches, cold or toasted. BLT, anyone? Or try this artichoke and bacon grilled cheese. Artichokes and bacon are a match made in heaven!
- Shred into pieces and use to make traditional Italian carbonara, crustless quiche, or a classic quiche lorraine. Or just add to a quick omelette with cheese and perhaps some mushrooms and herbs.
Simple Directions On How To Make Bacon In The Air Fryer Which Is Very Quick Less Messy Than Traditional Frying And Super Crispy
Im a huge fan of baking bacon in the oven because you can make a large quantity at once, theres much less mess compared to frying it on the stove, and its a pop-it-in-and-forget it kind of thing. That being said, it takes a little longer than traditional frying.
When I want a small amount of bacon quickly, though, I have started frying my bacon in the air fryer, and it is awesome. The air fryer cooks the bacon up really quickly and nice and crisp. It also it much less messy than frying it on the stove top. And Ive found that air fryers are really easy to wipe or rinse clean and move on. I love air frying bacon.
Recommended Reading: Boscovs Air Fryers On Sale
Read Also: Emeril Lagasse 360 Air Fryer Reviews
What To Serve With Air Fryer Bacon
Some kind of bread is a must goes well with bacon! We love serving this with our Homemade Easy Bagels. Or if you want to try making your own loaf of bread, then why not try our Easy White Loaf Recipe? You could also fold it up in our Homemade Flatbreads with some beans, eggs, salsa and guacamole for a breakfast wrap/burrito.
We are a big fan of a classic BLT sandwich though!
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
Learn how to cook bacon in an air fryer! Fast and easy, this air fryer bacon recipe makes crispy bacon without the mess.
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Bacon in the oven has always been my go-to method for making bacon, but this year I learned how to cook bacon in an air fryer, and now its my hands-down favorite for small to medium batches. This easy air fryer bacon recipe cooks up in under 10 minutes, its perfectly crisp, and its faster than the oven. One try and youll be hooked!
If youre looking for more delicious ways to use your air fryer, try air fryer zucchini chips, air fryer chicken legs, air fryer jalapeno poppers, crispy air fryer chicken wings, or air fryer pork chops.
You May Like: Small Oven With Air Fryer
Tips For Making Crispy Bacon In The Air Fryer
If youve never made air fryer bacon before there are a few tips you need to know about before you get started:
- Use these long tongs to remove the bacon from your air fryer. Youll avoid burning yourself!
- Make sure that you use thick, uncured bacon for this recipe. Its the most flavorful!
- When cooking bacon in the air fryer, dont overcrowd the basket with multiple layers.
- For the crispiest bacon, flip the bacon strips halfway through.
- For added flavor, season the raw bacon before you air fry it. Options include pepper, maple syrup, or brown sugar!
How To Air Fry Bacon
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses hot air to cook food. It allows you to cook foods that would normally require a lot of fat and grease, such as meats and vegetables. You can prepare food quickly and healthfully. There are a few things to remember when using an air fryer. You should never use an air fryer for frying foods that are directly in contact with metal. You should also always make sure that you keep the temperature of the air fryer at least 180° Fahrenheit. Also, watch out for dripping grease and food that pops out of the air fryer while its cooking. Air fryers are much safer than regular frying pans. They dont have any sharp edges or hot spots that can burn your food. The safest way to use an air fryer is to set the temperature to 200° Fahrenheit and use the cooking time listed on the package.
You May Like: Hamilton Beach Air Fryer Toaster Oven Walmart
Can You Make Bacon In An Air Fryer
You can make bacon in an air fryer. But, it is always best to cook bacon in the oven. To make bacon in an air fryer, it is important to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and empty both baskets before cooking the second batch of bacon. To ensure that no fat or grease splatters onto the appliances heating element, wipe down with a paper towel.
To cook bacon in an air fryer, you need to be careful. Youll want to make sure that your cooking time is accurate and the basket is easy for you to check on the progress of your bacon because its possible that some models are too small or have a larger than expected size.
Air Fryer Bacon is different because it can be made with the basket open. If youre concerned about your bacon burning, try using a paper towel to use as a barrier between the hot air and your frying pan or griddle. Its also important that there isnt too much grease on top of the bacon before cooking otherwise, this could lead to an explosion!
Crispy Air Fried Bacon
Are you looking for the simplest and most fool-proof way to cook bacon? After you use the Air Fryer, it will forever change the way you cook bacon. Its super easy and saves you the mess and splatter from cooking it in a pan!
Even my husband says that air fried bacon is a total game changer and he will never cook it any other way. Plus, perfectly crispy bacon makes everything better and even fits into a healthy lifestyle. Its gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, low-carb, keto friendly, and you can find Whole30 compliant brands, too!
Also Check: Ninja Foodi 8 Qt Pressure Cooker And Air Fryer
Instant Pot Air Fryer Bacon
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read the disclosure.
Instant Pot air fryer baconis a quick and easy way to cook smaller amounts of bacon. Making bacon in the air fryer results in crispy bacon in less than 10 minutes with none of the mess and splatter of the stovetop version.
How To Keep The Air Fryer From Smoking
When cooking bacon in the air fryer, it drips a bit of fat in the bottom. The drippings can sometimes smoke a little bit, especially if you are cooking more than one batch. Here are some ways to keep the air fryer from smoking.
- For a basket style air fryer, place a piece of bread under the basket. It will soak up the grease.
- Or add a little bit of water to the bottom of the air fryer.
- For an oven style air fryer, move the racks to the middle, this will keep grease from splattering on the element.
Recommended Reading: Easy To Use Air Fryer
How To Air Fry Bacon Step By Step
Step 1: Cut the bacon in half to fit in the air fryer basket if necessary.
Step 2: Place the rashers of bacon in the air fryer basket. They can be touching/overlapping a little as the bacon will shrink as it cooks.
Step 3: After 3 to 5 minutes , turn the bacon over and cook on the other side.
Step 4: Drain on kitchen paper.
How To Use Air Fryer Bacon
I cant think of any reason why you should never cook bacon in your air fryer, but in case you need more convincing, check out all these delicious ways to use your bacon:
- Sandwiches. Use leftover bacon to make this scrumptious BLT Grilled Cheese or Chicken Caesar Wrap.
- Pasta. Take your pasta dishes up a notch with some crumbled bacon.
- Pizza. You wont regret topping your pizza with crispy bacon pieces .
- Eggs. Air fryer bacon and eggs are a match made in heaven! Add some to your Egg Muffins for an easy grab-and-go breakfast.
- Veggies. Bacon helps veggies shine . Its delicious in this Spaghetti Squash Carbonara or sprinkled on top of some Crock Pot Baked Potatoes.
- Soups. Take a note from Crockpot Potato Soup and Asparagus Soup, and top a bowl of your favorite soup with crumbled bacon.
Read Also: What Is The Best Toaster Oven With Air Fryer