Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Wings are the ultimate fun easy dinner. Whether youre making a batch of these perfectly cooked air fryer wings for a weeknight dinner or a football party, youll be glad you used this recipe! Not only is the cooking time nice and short, but the preparation of the wings is also incredibly simple.
The best part? Theyre SO tasty! Made with spices like paprika and crushed red pepper, these wings are truly mouthwatering. The skin is crispy from the air fryer, but the meat stays tender and juicy with the fast cooking time.
If youre making these wings for a big group of people, we recommend making quite a few batches. They disappear pretty quickly! Not to mention, this is a totally guilt free recipe! Not that we believe in feeling guilty about food anyways, but these wings are diet friendly and youll be happy to eat more than a few.
Easy preparation, exploding with flavor, low carb, short cooking time, AND easy cleanup?? I guarantee you are going to fall in love with cooking wings in the air fryer!
How To Serve Air Fryer Wings
Like most wing lovers, we both love dipping these in bleu cheese and ranch! Wings are traditionally served best with those two dipping sauces and some crunchy celery on the side.
If youre looking for the perfect side dish, a salad is a good way to go! It provides a bite of freshness in between bites of these savory wings. Roasted veggies, French fries or mac and cheese would also be great sides!
Air Fryer Frozen Wings Heres Why This Recipeworks
Yes I see you. You are wondering, frozen wings! Air fryer? How does that even work? Well youve got to slow down with those questions peeps! I will answer below and more will be answered in the FAQs section of this blog post.
- I buy Tyson frozen chicken wings from my nearby grocery or I buy the Kirkland brand from Costco because buying in bulk saves me money and time and also helps me plan our meals better. However most times I forget to get these out to thaw in the refrigerator overnight in time to use for the next day and guess what now I dont need to thaw and I would still get the same crispy delicious wings every time with my air fryer.
- The air fryer will give a deep fryer a run for its worth because it makes crispy chicken with less calories. I mean who wouldnt love to enjoy deep fried with less of the oil. Plus if you were to wanted to deep fry youd need to defrost the wings first in a different kitchen gadget like the microwave before deep frying.
- Can you bake chicken wings in the conventional oven. Oh yes but not from frozen sorry.
You May Like: Gourmia Gta 2500
How To Make Crispy Wings In The Air Fryer
There are a few tips and tricks to making these wings and you will want to grab a pen and paper to write them down, or make life easy and head down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Use paper towels to pat the chicken wings dry before getting started.
Another tip to make crispy wings in the air fryer is to add a little baking powder to the mixture. Baking powder is what helps make crispy skin.
You’re going to love this air fryer chicken wings recipe so much you’ll never want to have them any other way again.
What Type Of Air Fryer Should I Use For Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
I suggest using a larger air fryer, and making sure you can spread the Brussels Sprouts in an even layer. There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer! Here are some great options:
- GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer this one includes a recipe book with over 50 recipes!!
Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts make the perfect side dish, or even meal in my case! Taking only TEN minutes to make, theyre super quick, easy, and majorly delicious! Serve these alongside a One Skillet Hamburger Casserole or Air Fryer Chicken Legs for a balanced meal!
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
Make sure you dont miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
The Secret To Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
To ensure the fat renders and the wings crisp, we air fry them at two separate temperatures.
- First, air fryer the chicken wings at 360 degrees F for 24 minutes, turning once halfway through. This step renders the fat.
- Then, turn up the heat to 390 degrees F. This high temperature crisps the outsides of the wings, leaving the interior meat moist.
The two-temperature approach is easy, less messy than baking soda, and not only can you put raw chicken in an air fryer, this method works for frozen air fryer chicken wings too.
How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In An Air Fryer
Air fry frozen chicken wings for 25 minutes at 250 degrees F , then flip, increase heat, and proceed with the same cooking time , until crispy and cooked through.
If you prefer to thaw the chicken wings first , you can do so in a few ways:
- Water: Put the wings in a zip top bag , then place the bag into a bowl. Fill the bowl with cold water and use something heavy to submerge the wings in the water.
- Microwave: The defrost setting on your microwave is by far the fastest way to thaw chicken wings, but can lead to pre-cooked spots. Select the weight of wings you have, and rotate frequently if your microwave doesnt have a turntable.
- Fridge: Thaw frozen chicken wings overnight in the refrigerator.
Recommended Reading: America’s Test Kitchen Deep Fryer
How To Make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- First prep the chicken wings.
- If you have full wings, separate them into drums and flats.
- Make sure they are defrosted.
- Pat them completely dry .
- While they are cooking, make the buffalo wing sauce.
- In a small bowl melt 1/4 cup of butter. Add 1/2 cup hot sauce to the butter and whisk to combine completely.
- After the timer goes off, open and carefully add the wings to the buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Add the wings back to the air fryer, close, and cook 8 more minutes.
- After the time is up, remove the chicken wings and serve with your favorite side dishes or Homemade Chunky Blue Cheese!
What to serve with Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings:
- Serve with a side of corn on the cob Instant Pot Corn on the Cob or Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is always a hit!
- Use the air fryer to make Frozen French Fries or Tater Tots to serve alongside the wings!
- A hearty scoop of Creamy Mac and Cheese also gos VERY WELL alongside Wings!
- Make a Simple Wedge Salad to go with the wings!
- Serve with just celery and carrots and a side of Blue Cheese Dressing YUM!
Can I Double The Recipe
For all-around crispy chicken wings, its best to keep the wings in a single layer. If you have a larger air fryer like our Cuisinart model, you can double everything. When doubling, air fry for 18-22 minutes, or until the skin is crisp, flipping the wings half way. Bake time will vary based on the surface area of your air fryer basket.
You May Like: Lofter Air Fryer
Is It Better To Bake Or Air Fry Wings
Baked wings are tender, but they don’t get very crispy. I’ve tried all of the tricks to make them crispy in the oven, but I prefer air fryer wings recipe crispy.
I also think the air fryer is easier because the wings don’t stick to the basket like they do a sheet pan. Even with foil and using a spray, the wings stick, and I lose the crispy part anyway.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Before air fryers, crispy chicken wings could only happen with deep frying. But, this 30-minute Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings recipe uses a drizzle of oil and an easy seasoning mix to make fried chicken wings without covering them in breading or oil. Includes tips to make frozen wings in an air fryer. Recipe can be used to make chicken wings in the oven.
Also Check: Emerilairfryer360 Com Coupon
Variations On This Recipe
- Dry rub. To use a dry rub on chicken wings, pat the wings dry, sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of your favorite dry rub per 1 pound of meat. Rub the seasoning around so the meat is evenly coated. Proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Brine. To brine chicken wings, dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in 2 cups of tepid water along with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Add the chicken wings and make sure theyre immersed in the liquid. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, but up to 24 hours. After brining, pat the wings dry and proceed with the recipe.
- Add a splash of acid , a splash of oil, fresh herbs , seasonings , and spices to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the wings, stir to coat, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Remove the wings from the marinade, patting off any excess, and proceed with the recipe.
Pro Tip: If you do a dry rub or marinade, you can skip tossing the cooked wings in the Buffalo chicken wing sauce.
Air Fryer Boneless Wings
This recipe was made in sponsorship with Omaha Steaks, thanks for supporting the brands that we love.
Weve perfected a boneless chicken wing air fryer recipe that will soon become one of your favorite air fryer chicken breast recipes.
This recipe can be used for air fryer chicken breast sandwiches as well!
Chicken wings are definitely one of our favorite food groups, so much so Gavin has thrown Chicken Wing food festivals all over Texas. Talk about buffalo wing dedication!
As much as we love chicken wings, weve been trying to reduce the amount of deep fried foods we eat, so we started working on healthy boneless chicken wing recipes.
While some air fryer recipes can be hit-or-miss, weve created the BEST air fryer chicken wings recipe.
We use their chicken breasts for everything from meal prep, to salads, to pasta, to our new favorite boneless chicken wing recipe.
Their chicken breasts are selected by their master butchers and are flash frozen.
Each package is 4 oz. each so you can easily make yourself this dish with 1-2 chicken breasts, or 4+ chicken breasts as an appetizer for a party.
Recommended Reading: Gourmia – 4.5qt Hot Air Fryer – Black/silver
What Is An Air Fryer
To put it simply, an air fryer is a hot air circulator appliance that is typically much smaller than a convection oven. An air fryer cooks your dish by flowing hot air in all directions around your food.
You can cook almost anything in an air fryer, and youll use little to no oil. If you typically cook with a good amount of oil or deep fry your food, this is a healthy alternative to get similar results in terms of taste and texture, with less calories.
Outside of making our delicious boneless chicken wings in your air fryer, we highly recommend making air fryer fries. Just slice a potato, lightly spray it with olive oil, and pop it into the air fryer. They take a bit more time than traditional fries, but the results are just as tasty while being low fat. Its also a nice side dish to serve with this air fryer buffalo wing recipe.
By Step Photos For How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Also Check: Chefman 3.5 Liter Air Fryer Recipes
Can You Stack Wings In An Air Fryer
Yes, you can stack wings for the best air fryer wings. However, the skin will only get crispy if it’s exposed to the hot air.
For air fryer wings extra crispy, I recommend not stacking your wings. If you need to stack them, then move them around every 10 minutes so the hot air can reach more of the skin.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Baked French Fries. Because air fryer chicken wings and fries are a match made in comfort food heaven. You can plan these recipes so that both are ready at the same time.
- Sweet Potato Fries. Another tasty option in the fry department.
- Air Fryer Broccoli. This quick-cooking air fryer side can be ready shortly after you finish up the wings. Or try oven Roasted Broccoli.
Read Also: Sams Air Fryer
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- Knife Block Set. Ergonomic and with a broader blade curve for easy rocking cutting, this knife set is worth every penny!
- Kitchen Tongs. These 16-inch tongs easily reach deep into the air fryers basket.
- Glass Mixing Bowls. With 10 different stackable sizes and easy to wash, theyre ideal for tossing or dipping chicken wings in any type of sauce.
Chicken Wing Serving Recommendations
You can enjoy these air fryer fried chicken wings an appetizer, healthy side, or as part of a party food spread alongside:
- Crudites: Veggie sticks . Pair with several dips .
You May Like: Club Chefman Air Fryer Recipes
How Do You Get Breading To Stick To Chicken Wings
The smoked paprika gives it such a great flavor paired with the garlic and makes an awesome base for added sauces later.
You can also use lemon pepper seasoning instead, or really any other dry rub that you like.
Note that if you use garlic salt and not garlic powder, adjust the salt accordingly.
Also Check: How To Use Instant Pot Dehydrator
How To Make Air Fryer Wings:
Dry the wings well with paper towels. This is essential to getting a crispy coating.
Toss with dry spice rub. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder in a small bowl. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the wings, tossing to evenly coat.
Air Fry. Arrange wings, skin side up and bake, turning every 5 minutes until wings are crispy and browned . The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings but may take up to 20 minutes.
Toss in sauce. Remove from oven allow to rest for 5 minutes before tossing in your desired sauce.
You May Like: Air Fryer Fold Up
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
TIME: 35 MINUTES
- Cooking oil
A Few More Suggestions For Great Chicken Wings
Making these wings is going to be life changing, especially if you are wing lover. Making anything with the word crispy in it is just plain amazing like Crispy Garlic Sweet Potato Fries or Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken! Yummy!
- Can I make air fryer chicken wings in the oven instead? Yes, most definitely! They will take longer and your results may not be the same. Bake the chicken wings at 425 degrees F for 35-45 min or till the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip the chicken half way through baking.
- Variations: This is such an easy recipe to adapt to your likes. Its amazing as is, but you can definitely try different seasonings and sauces to mix it up.
- How do I know theyre done cooking? Using a meat thermometer, insert it into the thickest part of the wing. It should register 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also Check: Test Kitchen Air Fryer Cookbook