Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with no breading is something for the whole family! Kiddos will enjoy juicy, perfectly spiced chicken, while parents can enjoy an easy, under 30 minute dinner, with your air fryer. Best of both worlds and super tasty too!
These air fryer naked chicken tenders couldnt be easier. We simply season them with our seasonings and set them in the air fryer and forgot it!
If you are not a fan of smoked paprika, you can simply leave it out or use regular paprika instead. I love the smoked, though, as it adds so much flavor!
What Can I Pair These Chicken Tenders With
Chicken tenders are never complete without a dipping sauce. Try this homemade buffalo sauce recipe that pairs perfectly with these air fryer chicken tenders.
You can dip them or even coat them completely to make AirFryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders.
Finish out your dish with another one of these delicious air fryer recipes:
Cuisine:Category:Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Tenderloins?
Yes, just cut the chicken breasts into thin 1-inch wide strips before dipping them.
Can I Freeze My Leftover Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
Yes! Simply stick them on a baking tray spaced out and not touching and cover it with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag. This allows you to pull out the chicken tenders as you need them without sticking together.Reheat by preheating your air fryer to 360 degrees and cook for about 12 minutes.
Sharing is caring!
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Tenders
Yes! You can certainly use frozen chicken tenders.
However, I find that if my tenders are frozen that the spice rub does not stick as well to your chicken tenders. You will want to add at least 3 to 5 additional minutes to your cook time to ensure that your frozen chicken tenders are cooked all the way through.
You May Like: Power Xl Grill Air Fryer Combo
What Can You Use The Chopped Chicken For
My daughter declared this the BEST chicken ever. She couldn’t stop nibbling on the chunks of chicken from my cutting board.
You could serve the tenderloins as your main protein for dinner and simply pair it with your favorite side dishes.
Otherwise, I would absolutely use this chicken for adding to:
- Add to a Salad: Put on a bed of Caesar Salad, a fruity salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette, or on the side with our favorite Simple Citrus Salad.
- Stir into a Pasta Dish: This adds a boost of protein to our favorite Homemade Alfredo Sauce, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and add to this Fresh Tomato Pasta Toss, or add a savory touch to my favorite Lemon Butter Pasta with Chives.
- Top a Homemade Pizza: Try the best Barbecue Chicken Pizza or this yummy Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza.
Can you put frozen chicken tenderloins in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook the chicken directly from frozen. Just add another minute of cook time and be sure the internal temperature reads 185°F.
How long does it take to cook chicken tenders in the air fryer?
This recipe will be done in 15 minutes of cooking time.
The Best Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I have a weak spot for crispy chicken tenders. I could eat them almost daily with my favorite garlic Parmesan dipping sauce or in a Buffalo Chicken Wrap. But I know how unhealthy they can be when soaked in all of that oil, so Ive been using my Philips Air Fryer to enjoy one of my favorite appetizers, without all of the oil.
These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders made with panko bread crumbs are my go to and are air fried with just a little bit of olive oil. The chicken comes out super crispy, just like theyve been fried in a deep fryer.
You wont be able to tell that these chicken pieces are not deep fried. Not only are these chicken tenders healthier, but you also dont have that oil smell or the mess to clean up. The air fryer fried chicken are perfect to serve with a side of veggies, or on a platter for a game day appetizer.
Don’t Miss: Cosori 5.8 Air Fryer Accessories
What Kind Of Seasoned Salt To Use
We’ve tried many commercially prepared seasoned salts over the years, you could use whichever brand you happen to have on hand and this recipe will work just fine.
That said, I recently made my own seasoned salt recipe and keep it on hand for this chicken or sprinkling over roasted potatoes. It has a little less salt in the mix and more of the other seasonings, so I feel a lot better about serving it to my family. You can find our favorite seasoned salt recipe here.
If youve tried making these healthy chicken tenderloins in your air fryer or any other recipe onPeanutBlossom.com please dont forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you!FOLLOW along on Instagram as well as on and .
Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
These Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are so crispy and juicy. If you love chicken tenders, you have got to try this recipe that cuts out the grease without losing any of the delicious flavors.
Also Check: Eric Theiss Power Air Fryer Oven
General Tips For Cooking Chicken In The Air Fryer
OK, so now that you know why to cook chicken in the air fryer, its time to find out how. In general, you can do pretty much anything that you would do in a regular oven. The main difference is that you will not be using a pan. The chicken or chicken pieces go straight into the air fryer basket.
However, if you have something really saucy or with a lot of cheese that could melt, you can totally use a tray. The air fryer manufacturers sell a lot of accessories and accessory kits like this so you can find just the right pan for your air fryer. Or, you can use aluminum foil with the edges folded up. If youre going to use foil, make sure you read these important tips first.
In addition to not needing a pan, the other main difference between the air fryer and the oven is that the air fryer tends to cook things more quickly. What I typically do is to set my timer for 30-40% less time than I would for a regular oven. Then I check the food and decide if it needs longer or not. For meat and poultry, I use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature. You want it to read 165°F for poultry. Some people take poultry out at a bit lower temperature, like 155°F and let it rest to come up the remainder of the way. I do think you get juicier chicken this way but it is not recommended for food safety reasons, as you can see here on the foodsafety.gov website.
Can You Fry Eggs In An Airfryer
Fried egg in the air fryer can be cooked quick and its so simple. Over easy, medium or hard, these fried eggs can be made to your preference. Keep reading to learn this simple cooking method. The air fryer is a great way to cook up many breakfast foods like cinnamon rolls, bacon, hard boiled eggs and even biscuits.
Don’t Miss: What Is A Good Brand Of Air Fryer
How To Bread Air Fryer Chicken
You can either coat the chicken with seasoned bread crumbs, or use the egg and flour method.
- Seasoned breadcrumbs, then drizzle some olive oil over the chicken strips and make sure that theyre coated. Then coat each chicken strip in the breading. The oil will help the breadcrumbs stick, and also help the chicken get that crispy and crunchy exterior.
- Or you could use the egg and flour method which will result in a thicker coat of breading, its time-consuming but also delicious.
Whichever way you choose, you have to make sure to season the coating as thats where most of the flavor comes from. And make sure that its salted enough for your liking.
Air Crisp Chicken Breasts In Air Crisp Basket
Preheat Foodi air crisp basket for 5 minutes at 360 degrees.
Once warm, place chicken into Foodi basket to air fry.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook chicken tenders for 5 minutes at 360 degrees and flip, cooking or another 5 minutes on the other side.
Remove from Ninja Foodi and serve immediately with favorite dip like I love homemade ranch dip with mine!
You may need to work in batches to get the chicken to fit into the Foodi basket.
Also Check: How Much Is An Air Fryer Oven
Air Fry Chicken Tenders Time
Air fry for 8-9 mins, flipping after 5 minutes. Technically, chicken tenders are so thin its ok to skip the flip, but I seem to do it out of habit.
*** Things that could affect your cook time:
If you didnt preheat your air fryer your cooking time will be extended to 12-14 mins to cook through. Or could take longer than 8-9 if theyre larger chicken tenderloins than we used. Our 1 lb package of raw tenders had 8 pieces.
Cook your chicken tenders until the internal temperature is 160F-165 degrees.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Good question! Our personal favorite is some form of potatoes. We have really yummy air fryer french fry and sweet potato fry recipes that pair really nicely with these tenders. As for dipping sauces, classic ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, and BBQ sauce are all really great choices!
These air fryer chicken tenders are perfectly juicy with crunchy cornflake crust!
- Amber Goulden
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Read Also: Gowise 8 Qt Air Fryer
Tips For A Crispy Coating
- For a great coating on the chicken tenders, make sure they are uniformly cut so they cook evenly.
- Pat chicken dry so the breading can fully adhere .
- Be sure the bread crumbs and crushed cornflakes are smoothly pulsed so they can coat the chicken pieces evenly.
- Chicken tenders are tender when they arent overcooked! Use a meat thermometer and test one or two pieces for 165°F before removing from the air fryer.
Set Fryer At High Heat
When the air fryer is set to a lower temperature, the chicken will cook slower. So, if you want superfast air fryer chicken tenders, you should be looking at something ready in minutes. And the best temperature to do this is a range between 330 to 350°F. This reading, of course, depends on how large the tenders are and what part of the chicken youre cooking.
How To Make Perfect Chicken Nuggets With This Air Fryer Recipe:
- Start with organic chicken, when possible. Trim any excess fat and cut the chicken into equal bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Dont overcrowd the air fryer basket, cook them in batches as needed.
- Spray the chicken lightly with oil to get a golden crust.
- Turn the chicken half way, the bottom browns more than the top. This will ensure even, golden cooking on both sides.
- If youre serving everything at the same time and cooking in batches, you can add everything back into the basket once it cooks and heat 1 more minute so everything comes out hot at the same time.
Which Air Fryer Do You Recommend
I am not recommending one brand over another, but I am willing to share what I most commonly use.
I use the OMORC Air Fryer XL. Its 5.8 quarts which means that its large enough to hold plenty of food. Some of those air fryers are tiny , but I wanted a bigger one for my family of four.
Its dishwasher safe, too. Always a win in my book.
You May Like: Best Toaster Oven Air Fryer Combo
How To Make Encrusted Chicken Tenders
Tips And Tricks For The Best Chicken Tenders
- Panko: You really want to use panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs. They are lighter and airier and because of that will absorb less oil and end up crispier. Breadcrumbs will work but theyll be heavier.
- Shake: A fun way to involve your kids in the baking is to put the panko and seasoning in a large ziploc bag. Place the chicken tenders in and let the kids shake it up.
- Spices: You can definitely mix this up and add in different spices to your panko mixture. Italian, Mexican, Cajun, or whatever you want to mix up the spices.
- Dry: Pat the Chicken dry before you dredge it. Itll help all the goodness stick together.
- Press: To help your coating stick press the crumbs on to the chicken strips.
- Crowding: You dont want to overcrowd the air fryer. They shouldnt touch to allow for maximum air flow and theyll cook nice and even.
- Do not overcook the tenders. Otherwise, they become dry.
- Over Cooking: This is a no no. Use a meat thermometer and test them before you think they are done to make sure you dont over cook them. You are looking for a temp of 165 degrees.
Also Check: America’s Test Kitchen Air Fryer Cookbook
Here Is The Complete Recipe To Cook Chicken Tenders In Air Fryer:
Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
8 chicken tenders, about 1.5 lb or 680 g
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp flour of choice e.g cornstarch instead of flour for gluten-free/paleo option
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp milk of choice
4 tbsp oil, veg or melted butter
2 cups bread crumbs for crunchier coating use crushed crisps/potato chips. Place them in a ziploc bag and crush with your rolling pin to get small bits and pieces. Almond flour/meal or coconut flour can also be used for coating if desired.
Prepare: Preheat your airfryer to 370°F/190°C using the preset button or set it to 380°F/200°C manual mode. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. Egg wash combine egg and milk in a small bowl, whisk until combined. Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl or ziploc bag and toss to combine.
Season chicken tenders with salt/pepper then dredge in seasoned flour mixture until evenly coated on all sides. Shake off excess flour then dip into egg wash and dunk again into the floue mix for double-coating. Set aside ready for cooking. Arrange breadcrumbs onto a plate or shallow bowl set aside for coating later. Toss to coat chicken tenders in bread crumbs before placing them on the tray as per photo above If you want an even thicker crunchy coating, simply repeat this process one more time .
Servings: This makes 8 chicken tenders, perfect for serving 2 adults with smaller appetites or 1 adult along with a side dish.
How Long To Cook Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer Lid
The ideal time to make this recipe is 12 minutes. But If you want to try higher temperature then you need to decrease the cooking time
If you have some leftover and want to reheat them:
I recommend doing so in the air fryer for 2- minutes.
D use the microwave because it can make the chicken tenders dry and chewy.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Largest Air Fryer
Can I Make These In The Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer, these turn out great in the oven. Make sure to preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then place the chicken strips on a wire rack. Place this on a foil covered baking sheet. Spray the tenders with cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes. Then flip the tenders over and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until cooked through. If desired, you can broil for the last couple minutes for a crispier breading.
Can You Put Frozen Meat In Air Fryer
Frozen meat can take a long time to cook when you are in a rush. However, thanks to air fryer technology, you can now cook a variety of frozen meat products in no time at all! Using an air fryer allows you to use much less oil than traditional recipes require, while still resulting in the same tasty meal.
You May Like: Black & Decker Crisp N Bake Air Fryer
Tips For The Best Juicy Air Fryer Chicken
- Olive Oil: This helps to crisp the skin and helps the spices and herbs to adhere to the meat.
- Space: Make sure you create room between the chicken breasts to ensure even cooking. Dont overcrowd. Cook in batches if you need to.
- Check: Check the temp earlier than you think so you dont accidently over cook the chicken. Appliances can vary so go by temperature of your chicken to ensure its done.
- Rest: Let the Chicken rest before cutting into it. About 5 min at least. This allows the juices to reabsorb into the chicken instead of spilling onto your plate.
- Spices: Mix it up depending on your menu. You can use Mexican spices, BBQ spices and sauce, Indian spices etc. Whatever your menu calls for this is a quick delicious way to cook your chicken.
- Moist: Want to make sure your chicken is super moist and tender? Try marinating or brining your chicken for even greater juiciness and flavor.