How To Make Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
Start by spraying the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
Put frozen french fries in the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees. Cook the french fries for 15 minutes.
Halfway through the cooking time, take out the basket and shake it, so the fries brown evenly. Return the basket to the air fryer and let the french fries finish cooking.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
How To Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
Cooking frozen french fries in your air fryer could not be easier. Heres what youll need to do
How To Make This Recipe
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found at the bottom of the page on the printable recipe card.
Recommended Reading: Best Toaster Air Fryer Combo
Top Tips For Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- You can adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you like your fries or how thick they are. For softer or thinner fries, decrease time. For crispier or thicker fries, increase it.
- If youre using an air fryer that doesnt rotate, toss your fries very, very well midway through. Make sure the fries that are sitting on the bottom of the bowl are scooped up to the top.
- If your air fryer does rotate, be sure to check on them halfway to judge how thoroughly cooked they are.
- Do not spray too much oil, or your fries will get mushy!
- You dont have to preheat your air fryer, but be aware that your cooking time may be longer!
- Try your fries with different seasonings for a more gourmet snack. Try garlic or onion powder, seasoned salt , or chipotle powder for fries with a kick.
Frozen French Fries Air Fryer Style Are The Best Crispy Just Like At A Restaurant But Healthier Since You Do Not Have To Fry Them In Oil Game Changer
Making frozen french fries air fryer style was a game changer this afternoon! We were all surprised at how crispy they turned out, WAY better than in the oven. This and more easy air fryer recipes can be found here on The Typical Mom blog.
- Are you ready to air fry everything?? I would say we are because we use our machine at least once a day, maybe more.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
That is all you will need. Of course youll want to pair this with a meal most likely.
My teens can make them without me which is nice. Just pop them in and theyre just as good as at a restaurant.
Also Check: Best Air Fryer Under $200
Some Great Hints In Making Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
How To Store And Re
If youve tried to reheat fries in the past and felt like they were soggy, you arent alone! If done correctly you can enjoy reheated fries that taste almost as great as the did the day you made them.
To start, you can store the fries in the fridge up to 5 days or up to 60 days in the freezer. Either way, remove the fries from the fridge or freezer and let them defrost until they are close to room temperature.
Then you can reheat them in the oven at 425 degrees for up to 5 minutes. They dont take long to reheat, so keep an eye on them. Another option would be to put them in the air fryer and heat them for around 5 minutes or until they are the texture and temperature you want. Enjoy!
Don’t Miss: What Brand Of Air Fryers Are The Best
Crispy Air Fried French Fries In The Air Fryer
If youre cooking frozen french fries, you must try making them in the air fryer! Geez, its so quick and easy without any oil. Seriously, air fried frozen french fries are so crispy and crazy easy when cooked in the air fryer. Within minutes, we had a big batch of crispy hot french fries out of the air fryer. Once you know how to cook frozen french fries in the air fryer, youll never look back. The results are aways quick and crispy. Add a bowl of ketchup or your favorite sauce to dip the air fried french fries in and youll be a happy camper!
Important Tips To Keep In Mind When You Use An Air Fryer
- Always have the grate in the basket. This allows hot air to circulate around the food, and also keeps the food from sitting in excess oil.
- Air fryers are loud. When its running, youll hear whirring fans.
- Its hands-on. Even browning requires you to remove the basket and shuffle the food around every few minutes.
- It’s fine to pull out the basket for a peek. You can do this at any point into the cooking process. No need to shut off the machine, as it shuts itself off when the basket is out.
- Accordingly, make sure the drawer is pushed all the way in, or it wont turn back on. Youll know, because the air fryer will be suddenly quiet.
- Food cooks fast, faster than youre used to! Its one of the best attributes of the air fryer. Your air fryers manual likely has a handy table of cooking times and temperatures for common foods. The less food in the basket, the shorter the cook time will be the more food, the longer it will be.
- You may need a slightly lower temperature. A lot of air fryer recipes call for lower temperature settings than their conventional counterparts. This might seem fishy, but just go with it. Once again, air fryers get hot very fast and move that hot air around, so a slightly lower temperature will help keep food from getting too dark or crispy on the outside, while still being properly cooked on the inside.
You May Like: Ninja Grill Air Fryer Combo
Why This Recipe Works
- Using an air fryer has been proven to be healthier compared to deep frying. Enjoy your favorite fried snacks with less calories and zero worries!
- Other than making meals scrumptious, avocado oil also has health benefits. Its proven to reduce cholesterol and improve heart health!
- Air frying adds an extra crisp you wouldnt find with deep frying. With only one push of a button, make your fries extra crispy! No need to shield yourself from hot oil, if you know what I mean.
How To Cook Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
- Start with your favorite cut of frozen french fries. Different thicknesses will cook a little differently, so adjust timing accordingly. This recipe is for thinner cut french fries like you see in our sample photos.
- Add frozen fries to air fryer basket. You really dont need to add extra oil spray. The frozen fries are already pre-cooked in oil that will release when you air fry.
- Air fry at 400°F for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fries. Make sure to gently shake or toss the fries for even cooling. Amazing crispy french fries with less oil!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Also Check: Cookbook For Ninja Air Fryer
How I Cook Air Fryer French Fries
Choose your favorite brand of frozen french fries. Obviously the better the quality of the fries, the better the end result. Most brands tend to be similar sizes so the cooking time should remain the same. If you are air frying french fries that are thicker, you may need to adjust the cooking time. This is also the case with air fryer frozen crinkle French fries.
Only 20 minutes away to some delicious French fries.i hope you remembered to preheat your air fryer. The end result is better when you preheat them, much like cooking in a conventional oven.
As you can also see here, i have not overfilled the basket. Remember, you need to leave room for the air to circulate.
Set the temperature to 400F and wait 20 minutes, remember to shake the basket after 10 minutes to ensure they are cooked evenly.
There we have it delicious french fries cooked from frozen.
I love French friesmore than I would admit to most people. There is something exquisite about the humble French fry that few foods can matchthe crunch of the outer layer and the smoothness of the inner potatoabsolutely divine.
They are perfect for a quick snack or an accompaniment to your meal. You dont need me to tell you when to eat fries!
Some things that you might want to consider if you are notgetting the perfect French fry
Air Fried French Fries
- When cooking frozen french fries it is all about short stints of time and a few shakes of the basket throughout the 15 minute cook time.
Oil added near the end will ensure they crisp up to perfection and taste like deep frying too. If you dont want to make homemade french fries in the oven this is a great second best.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer
First preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
Pour half your bag into the air fryer basket, spread out so theyre not overlapping or very little.
Close lid and air fry at 400 for 5 minutes, then shake the basket and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Then shake the basket again, spray top layer of fries with olive oil spray, sprinkle with salt and cook for an additional 5 minutes. If you wanted it to be a little less time intensive you could cook for 16 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
This timing and steps make perfectly cooked fries for us, if you want to make them REALLY crispy add 2 minutes at the end. Once youre done with these you should try our potstickers, frozen mozzarella sticks in air fryer and air fryer tater tots too!!
I would highly recommend you get an appliance specifically for air frying vs. the Instant Pot CrispLid device. They work much better for making dinners and side dishes on a regular basis and getting all edges really crispy.
Recommended Reading: Air Fryers Without Non Stick Coating
What Size Air Fryer Do You Need
Heres the rub: Y ou cannot fit a lot of food in basket-type air fryers. You and your air fryer will have a much better relationship if you accept this.
An air fryer with a 1.75- to 3-quart capacity is best suited for preparing meals for one or two people. Dont expect leftovers, either.
Even a large air fryer often needs to run food in batches. If a recipe serves more than two people, youll likely need to cook it in more than one batch.
Consumer Reports found that the actual capacity of some air fryers was a tad smaller than what manufacturers claimed. This can seem like a drag, but remember, air fryers cook food fast.
More Yummy Air Fryer Recipes
If you are looking for a ton of air fryer recipes, you are in the right spot!
Pro Tip: This recipe can be made in the air fryer unit with a basket or the air fryer oven.
If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the “Air Fry” function.
Are you gluten-free? Me too! We also have a sister site where EVERYTHING is gluten-free.
It is called VegetarianMamma. You can find some awesome dishes there for your Meatless Mondays!
Always be sure to read ingredient labels to make sure that the product/ingredients fits your dietary restrictions!
This product/recipe is NOT GLUTEN-FREE.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag on instagram, if you on the gram! Let’s get social, you can follow me on , , , or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniorsand Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Also Check: Ge Profile Oven With Air Fryer
Do You Have To Thaw Fries Before Frying
When frying French fries, do not let them thaw before using. I recommend that frozen French fries be kept completely frozen before using. This guarantees that the surface of the potato is sealed during the frying process, resulting in a crispy, high quality fry. Some operations do thaw potatoes before cooking.
Can You Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
These can easily be cooked in the air fryer. There is no need for lots of oil, its easy to make these with some cooking oil spray, we prefer olive oil cooking spray. I also like to add some garlic salt to our fries too.
Once you have your fries of choice, simply spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray and add the fries to the basket. These are best spread out evenly, I usually do layer a bit but you will get the best result with one even layer.
It also works the best to mix them or shake them up about halfway through the cooking time.
Recommended Reading: Ninja Foodi And Air Fryer
How To Make Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Pick out the type of frozen fries to use: waffle fries, french fries, steak fries, tater totsall will work in the air fryer.
- If using the whole bag, I like to spray some oil in the bag using my oil sprayer, then add salt, seasoning salt, or cajun seasoning for a kick! Then pour into air fryer basket.
- If using a portion of the bag, add them to the air fryer basket and spray with oil and sprinkle salt into the basket on top of the fries.
- Close the air fryer basket and set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 8 minutes. Open the basket and shake the fries. Close the air fryer then set for 3 more minutes.
- Check doneness at this point, if more time is needed add 1-2 more minutes .
- I do NOT pre-heat my air fryer, but if you do, you may need to subtract 1-2 minutes from the cooking time.
- Take this a step further and make Air Fryer Cheese Fries!
Can You Cook Frozen French Fries In A Skillet
Once the oil is shimmering, you can add your frozen French fries in the pan. Make sure you dont add too many fries in the pan since overcrowding the pan will get you less than perfect results on your cook. Since most frozen French fries are par-cooked already, you wont need to spend too long on them.
You May Like: Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Costco
Is It Okay To Fry Frozen Fries
The short answer is yes you can definitely fry frozen french fries. In fact, calories aside, youll generally get a much tastier fry by frying frozen french fries than you will baking them. That being said, you also DO NOT want to thaw your frozen fries before dropping into your deep fryer.
To Preheat Or Not To Preheat
That is the question.
Unlike the big oven on your range, an air fryer does not need a whole half hour to get to temp. A few minutes of preheating should do it. Some air fryer models have a light that indicates when the unit is preheated.
Manufacturers recommend preheating, but if you like, you can skip preheating altogether. If youre starting food in a cold air fryer, your cook time might be three or four minutes longerno big whoop! Try it both ways, and see what gives you the best result. It might depend on the recipe.
You May Like: Best Air Fryer Under 100