You Can’t Fit Much In The Air Fryer Basket
To be fair, this is my complaint with most air fryers, but there are some air fryers and toaster ovens with air fry capabilities that can fit larger amounts. We are a family of 2, so it works ok for us for most applications, but if you are a family of 4 or more, or enjoy making large portions for leftovers, you’ll have to cook your food in multiple batches which is a pain really defeats the purpose of air frying!
Cooking Your Whole Rotisserie Chicken
Why You Should Trust My Advice On Air Fryers Vs Instant Pots
- Air Fryer Cookbooks: I have two best-selling air fryer cookbooks, Every Day Easy Air Fryer and Air Fryer Revolution, so you can feel confident in knowing that I use air fryers and similar kitchen gadgets on a regular basis, I’m quite familiar with how they work and I know what makes a good air fryer.
- Instant PotCookbook Author: I’ve written 5 Instant Pot Cookbooks that have been authorized by Instant Pot.
- Experienced Reviewer: I’ve done various air fryer reviews in the past, so I have a wealth of knowledge about air fryers, roasters, and grills, and what makes one better than another.
- Gadget geek!: I’m a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
If you think you’re alone not knowing which appliance you should choose and what functions they perform, think again. I get asked these questions ALL OF THE TIME. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions that I will discuss to help you choose:
You May Like: Gourmia – 4.5qt Hot Air Fryer – Black/silver
Can You Air Fry In An Instant Pot
Now you can air fry in an instant pot with the instant pot air fryer lid. Before the instant pot air fryer lid, you couldn’t use the pressure cooker to air fry. And of course, don’t use the pressure cooker to deep-fried food.
With this instant pot air fryer lid, you can air fry, but also you can bake, broil, roast, dehydrate and reheatall of these without heating up your kitchen.
Should I Buy The Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid Or The Duo Crisp
If you already have an Instant Pot that you love, or don’t want to upgrade to the 8-quart, you can also purchase a separate air fryer lid to pair with it! The air fryer lid comes with its own controls and functions, and is able to air fry, broil, and dehydrate. The Instant Pot air fryer lid works just as well as the one that comes with the Duo Crisp , but the big drawback is that by using it with a 6-quart pot you’ll have even less space in your air fryer.
If you mainly want the lid so that you can brown food and make smaller batch sides like fries or crispy brussels sprouts, the lid is a great option! But, if you’re looking to air fry entire meals like chicken wings, we’d recommend upgrading to the 8-quart, or just know that you’ll need to work in multiple batches!
Recommended Reading: Dehydrate In Instant Pot Air Fryer
What Is An Instant Pot Duo Crisp
Instant pot Duo Crisp is a multi-cooker that lets you pressure cook and air fry at the same time in the same appliance. It lets you have the features of a pressure cooker along with all the capabilities of an air fryer. Instant pot duo crisp is designed to remove the guesswork or figuring out the ideal amount of pressure, heat, and time your meals require.
The appliance is great for both the pros and beginners because of its preset cooking functions and easy and intuitive control. Once you get more comfortable with the machine and with the willingness for some trial and error you can adapt many recipes for your two-in-one appliance.
If you have an instant pot and you dont want to upgrade to 8 quarts, you can purchase a separate air fryer lid to pair with the appliance. The lid comes with its own controls and features and has the ability to air fry, broil and dehydrate. It works just fine as the one that comes with instant pot duo crisp even though both has a different design. The only drawback with Air fryer lid is it can only be used with 6 Quart instant pot models where you will have less space for air frying. For a big family, wed suggest upgrading to 8 quarts if you dont wish to cook batch after batch.
How Do Air Fryers Work
Air fryers are actually small convection ovens. They have a topside heating element and a motorized fan which rapidly circulates the hot air so food cooks evenly creating the same crispiness as in traditional fried foods. Because of the size of the cooking chamber and rapid air circulation, the cooking time can be effectively reduced by 20% or more when compared to other cooking methods.
Air fryers technically dont fry food at all. The heated air that contains fine oil droplets takes the moisture out of the foods. The result is similar characteristics as fried foods, with significantly lower levels of fat, since they remove high-fat and high-calorie oils from the typical cooking process.
Air-frying triggers a chemical reaction, the Maillard Reaction , the browning color and flavoring of food, like many other cooking methods.
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Duo Crisp Dehydrator Recipes
Which One Is Cheaper
The acquisition price is pretty much the same, and it varies depending on the type of accessories and features. However, there are differences when it comes to power consumption and how often you plan on using each of these appliances.
For instance, I think that most users will have the Instant Pot on more often than theyll use the air fryer, which may lead to more power being consumed by this product. Regardless, both help you reduce the time spent in the kitchen, which is a fantastic way to stay productive for longer.
Instant Pot Pro Crisp Reviews
The instant pot pro crisp inherits the impressive versatility of Instant Pot Duo Crisp with an improved and attractive design. It features 11 customizable preset modes, comes with two interchangeable lids and an improved temperature of 450 degrees. When you read some of the instant pot pro crisp reviews on Amazon, you realize there is nothing that the instant pot pro crisp cant do when it comes to multi-tasking.
Along with its brother Instant Pot Duo Crisp, this is the only model capable of air frying, highly coveted cooking methods among home cooks as an alternative to deep-frying. If you are looking for a dedicated appliance for healthier cooking, do check our guide to the Best Air Fryer under 100$. Apart from Instant pot pro crisp, you may check some of the best pressure cooker air fryer combos here.
Moving on, the instant pot pro crisp is 100$ expensive than the duo crisp so let us see if it is worth the investment or should we stick with the Instant Pot Duo Crisp.
Instant Pot Pro Crisp Review: Features
The instant pot pro crisp comes with two entirely separate interchangeable lids a pressure cooker lid and an air fryer lid. Image Duo Evo Plus combined with a powerful air fryer lid, thats what you get in Instant Pot Pro Crisp.
The Design & Accessories
Nuwave 38001 Programmable Digital Air Fryer
- The Nuwave Brio air fryer is perfect for big families because of the large capacity. This best air fryer with rotisserie includes four shelves and a Rotisserie part of 14 Quart. The machine uses exceptional airflow and super-heated air to cook your fried foods with no oil and fats.
- The Flavor-infusion tech will let you air-fry some of your favorite foods. Especially, you wont need to care for defrosting before cooking because this fryer lets you cook from frozen, as a result of its ideal flexibility and capability. This attribute is unquestionably valuable for active men and women.
- This 1800W air fryer supplies you with a cooking range between 100 degrees to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, which means you could easily adjust the temperature for various cooking functions: air fry, roast, bake, sear, broil, reheat, dehydrate.
- Impressively, youll be provided 100 preprogrammed presets that eliminate your own guesswork. This appliance has the capacity of keeping your personal recipe. Your dishes will be prepared only with one push of a button.
How I Tested The Instant Pot Air Fryers
To see how the air fryers compared to one another, I headed to Trader Joes and went straight to the freezer aisle. I grabbed bags of frozen french fries, orange chicken, and cauliflower gnocchi. Frozen food created a level playing field plus, if any of the air fryers didnt work well for frozen fries, that would be a huge strike against them. I tested the fries first, then the chicken, and, lastly, the cauliflower gnocchi air-frying everything according to the package instructions. I also evaluated how easy the air fryers were to use and clean, and if there were any other glaring differences, like if one was much louder than the others. Heres what I found out.
You May Like: Ninja Air Fryer That Flips Up
What Does An Air Fryer Do
This all depends on the model of air fryer that you buy. There are air fryers that are super basic and have buttons to select time and temperature only.
On the other end of the spectrum, there are air fryers that offer a dozen preset cooking functions, along with the ability to adjust time and temperature.
What Is An Instant Pot And Why Should You Need One
Unlike the term air fryer, the Instant Pot is not a sort of kitchen device. Its more of a brand name. Because Instant Pot has become such a dominant player in the market, it has become associated with what it is: an electric multicooker.
The most appealing feature of an Instant Pot multicooker is its versatility. You can use it as a slow cooker, a skillet, a rice cooker, a yogurt maker, and a steamer, among other things. Multicookers like the Instant Pot can perform a variety of functions based on the model.
An Instant Pot is a multi-functional pressure cooker that replaces the classic pressure cooker. Its an electric pressure cooker that uses pressure cooker steam cooking, slow cooking, and other cooking methods.
One of the best features of the Instant Pot is the Delay Start timer, which allows you to cook food automatically by setting the timer even if you are not present. Instead of cooking supper and praying it remains heated long enough to avoid burning, you may program it all to complete cooking at a specific time. To make cooking easier and eliminate guesswork, some models include recipes. You simply click the buttons to cook the recipe.
The Instant Pot comes in multiple variants, but theyre all electric multicookers with many features. A slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, sauté pan, and more may all be used with an Instant Pot. The electric pressure cooker feature, on the other hand, is the most popular.
Read Also: Gourmia Gaf575 Replacement Parts
Coocheer Pressure Cooker Air Fryer Combo
- The 17-in-1 air fryer pressure cooker is an excellent appliance to have in your kitchen. This pressure cooker comes with 17 selectable presets that allow you to simply choose your dish and set it into the pot settings on the top of this appliance.
- These pressure cookers speed up the cooking process by 70% compared to conventional cooking methods but leave you with crisp, fresh, and nicely cooked food just like a recipe from a restaurant! Our special combination package offers both an air fryer as well as a mechanical combo, perfect for those who want to prepare everything all at once.
- This 17-in-1 pressure cooker is one click away from the perfect dish. With a simple switch of two detachable lids, you can easily cook up to 88% faster than conventional cooking methods. This powerful machine guarantees that every meal tastes just as delicious and rich in flavor without any extra effort or dishes! Choose your dish with one-touch settings and get everything done in no time at all
- Accessories include the main unit, a 6QT nonstick pot, a lid for the pressure cooker, an air fryer lid, a fry basket, roast rack, and spoon.
We Tested The Instant Pot Air Fryer Here Is Our Honest Review
Kitchen counter spaces across the nation were being filled with incredible gadgets this year and the number one was our beloved Instant Pot. Now, Instant Pot introduced its new buddy Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven to share some cooking time.
There are plenty of other brands cornering the air fryer market. Instant Pot took its time to see the true needs of their consumers to develop one that was just right.
Recommended Reading: Farberware Air Fryer Toaster Oven Powerful Technology Preprogrammed Easy To Use
Instant Pot Or Air Fryer: Price
You can spend as much or as little as you like on either device. A decent instant pot or air fryer can be picked up for no more than around $100 take a look at ‘Best Air Fryer Under 100′ bucks. But if you want to step up to something more powerful and versatile, you can easily spend double or triple this.
Compared like for like, an air fryer would usually be the cheaper of the two appliances to bring into the kitchen. Though again, it depends entirely on the brand and model of the device in question.
Emeril Everyday 6 Qt Pressure Air Fryer
- Emeril Lagasse is a world-renowned chef who has been cooking for over two decades. The Emeril Everyday Pressure cooker, air fryer, steamer, and electric multifunctional cooker conveniently cook your favorite foods while keeping the freshness that you crave. From browning to pressure cooking or multitasking one appliance with additional features like yogurt making and braising this petite powerhouse will work its heart out without any more kitchen cluttering from multiple appliances. Enjoy mouth-watering results on meats and vegetables made in only 15 minutes or less of preparation time!
- Sweet and crunchy oven-fried chicken, moist and juicy pork chops are just some of the dishes you can prepare with Emeril Lagasses every day 6 Qt Pressure Air Fryer. This multi-cooker is perfect for any family meal or entertaining guests because it replaces so many other appliances for this one device. Simply choose your desired heat from its 44 preset options and customize timed cooking cycles to fit your needs best!
Recommended Reading: Cordon Bleu Air Fryer
Instant Pot Smart Wifi 8 In 1 Best Smart & Stylish
Instant Pot smart Air Fryer and multi-cooker is the best programmable cooker that can easily be monitored with a mobile app. Not only does it cook your meal faster but also does it with such perfection that it tastes more crispy and delicious. It has many features such as safety measures, extra accessories, etc which add up to make it an amazingly wonderful outlet. Here are the most lovable things about this multi-cooker.
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Setup Process: Took A Little Trial And Error
The Instant Vortex is basically ready to go right out of the box. If youre going to use the Air Fry or Bake settings first, all you have to do is remove the plastic and styrofoam packaging, insert the cooking trays and the drip pan, and then complete a test run which simply involves running the machine for 20 minutes. Once thats done, youre ready to cook.
If you want to start with the Rotisserie setting, however, things are a little more complicated. Though the Vortex comes with two user manuals, we couldnt find clear instructions on how to insert the rotisserie basket or spit. After a bit of trial and errorabout 10 minutes of fumbling with the accessorieswe figured it out, but it would have been helpful to have step-by-step instructions.
As avid Instant Pot users, our expectations for the Instant Vortex Plus were admittedly high luckily, it didnt just live up to our expectationsit exceeded them.
After struggling with the setup process, we decided to Google more thorough instructions which led us to an additional manual on Instant Brands website. This proved to be exactly what we were missing as it detailedwith pictureshow to properly set up the Vortex for each cooking mode. While we were happy we found it after the fact, we wish the full manual had just been included in the box.
Don’t Miss: Gourmia – 4.5qt Digital Hot Air Fryer – Black