How Long To Cook Stuffed Pork Chops In Air Fryer
Some pork chops are a lot thicker than others. The pork chops I used here were thick, about 2 inches thick and one of them was bigger than than the other two. This is going to affect the cooking time for your pork chops. When using the thicker ones, it takes about 25 minutes to cook them because we are cooking them at a much lower temperature to prevent them from drying out.
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers
- Refrigerate leftover pork chops in airtight containers for 3-4 days.
- Freeze leftover pork chops in freezer bags for 2-3 months, pressing out all the air from the bags before sealing.
- Reheat pork chops in a conventional oven at 325F. Place them in a baking dish with just a splash of water, cover, and bake for 10 minutes or so until hot through. Be careful not to overcook!
How To Cook Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
Whether you are making boneless or bone in pork chops in air fryer, the steps are the same:
- Make marinade. Mix pork chop marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 12 hours. Remove them from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Air fry. Add the pork chops to air fryer and cook, flipping halfway though, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
TIP: I recommend sticking a probe thermometer into the thickest part of one of the chops before you close the air fryer. This way you can ensure they wont overcook and dont let heat out to check for doneness.
- Rest. Allow chops to rest 2-3 minutes to keep them juicy.
Juicy Air Fried Pork Chops With Less Oil
Pork chops can often be tough and dry. Or sometimes you might be using a lot of oil or butter just to get the chops to be juicy. Well, worry no more about making juicy and easy pork chops. Air fryer pork chops come out juicy, tender and always perfect. Were obsessed with how little oil is required to make these pork chops tender. When compared to other methods, healthy pork chops in the air fryer is totally possible. We hardly used any oil in these air fried pork chops and they were some of the best weve ever had!
How To Choose Pork Chops For Air Frying
You can make air fryer pork chops boneless or bone-in, at your preferred thickness. Use these tips to choose the best chops:
- Bone-in vs. boneless pork chops in the air fryer: Boneless chops have a quicker cooking time. If you choose to make air fryer pork chops bone in, you will get more flavor with a longer cooking time.
- Rib vs loin chops: Rib chops contain a bit more fat, while loin chops are leaner. Both have a mild flavor.
- Thickness: Choose pork chops that have a similar size and thickness, so that they cook evenly. The best air fryer pork chops will be at least 3/4 to 1 inch thick, but if all you can find is 1/2 inch, they will work fine.
- Appearance: A firm chop with some marbling is ideal look for firm, pinkish-red flesh and avoid chops that look very pale or have dark spots.
- Humanely-raised or not: I find that humanely raised pork has better flavor, especially for air fryer pork loin chops without breading. If that matters to you too, you might like this meat delivery service I use.
Recommended Reading: Jimmy Dean Croissant Air Fryer
What Temperature Is It Safe To Eat Pork
The best way to ensure that you have pork that is cooked through is to use a digital thermometer to check the temperature. The safe temperature to eat pork is 145°F.
I recommend checking all the pork chops at about the 15 minute mark to see what their temperature is. If you have one chop that is thinner than the others, it is going to reach the 145°F mark before the others. So pull the smaller one out early and let the rest continue cooking.
How To Cook Pork Chops In An Air Fryer
What Are Other Temperatures For Air Frying Pork Chops
You can cook pork chops at different temperatures in the air fryer, but youll need to adjust how long to air fry the pork chops. For instance, if you cook them at 400 degrees, it will take 10 minutes to cook the pork chops. If you like crispier pork chop, go for 400 degrees and above. Cooking pork chops at 350 degrees is fine, too, but youll need to cook them for 15 minutes. The advantage of using a lower air fryer temperature is a more moist pork chops. Either way, check the internal temperature of the pork before you decide they are ready.
There are so many air fryers available and each of them come with their own presets. When I first used an air fryer, I followed those presets religiously, but over time as I got more comfortable with it, I learned what temperatures work the best. Get to know what works for you and your particular air fryer.
How To Reheat Pork Chops In Air Fryer
If you have leftovers and you dont have a microwave, or you just dont like using one to reheat meat, you can certainly use an air fryer. And its really fast. It takes just 2 to 4 minutes to reheat the pork chops in the air fryer.
And heres the steps for reheating pork chops in air fryer
Also Check: Gourmia Gaf698 Air Fryer Reviews
Gather Your Ingredients For Air Fryer Pork Chops
If you had to use just one word to describe these chops, “delicious” would do it. Got two words? Go with “savory” and “sweet.” And that savory sweetness is created with maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil a few large cloves of garlic , a minced sprig of rosemary, some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and of course a couple of boneless pork chops to soak all that stuff in.
Can You Put Frozen Pork Chops In Air Fryer
If youre in a hurry, you can cook pork chops from frozen in the air fryer by first cooking them for 4 minutes at 380°F. This will defrost the chops . From there, you can coat them in the seasoning and breadcrumbs and follow the recipe as instructed, cooking another 5 minutes before flipping, then completing the cook time at another 4-6 minutes. Make sure to measure the internal temperature with a meat thermometer and cook for longer if it is not 140°F.
Recommended Reading: Air Fryer Fold Up
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe Tips
- Use thick-cut pork chops. Its best if they are at least 1-inch thick. Thin pork chops tend to dry out and become tough more easily.
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket, so that the air can circulate around each pork chop as they cook. If the pork chops wont all fit in a single layer at once, you can cook them in batches, covering the first batch to keep warm while the rest cook.
- Dont overcook them. Use an instant read thermometer to test if they are cooked to 145° F. Once pork chops are nearly done, they finish cooking quickly so check them often.
- Let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
Easy Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
A wholesome dinner is super easy to achieve without alot of fuss. Best of all, they are so much juicier than everyone realizes. Theyre definitely not dry hockey pucks. Everyone in the test kitchen was expecting dry flavorless chops. But to everyones surprise, they were juicy and absolutely delicious. Crispy crusted healthier pork chops is always a favorite family dinner.
You May Like: Kalorik 10l Airfryer Oven
Make A Rub For Air Fryer Pork Chops
For this recipe for air fryer pork chops, we will not be breading the pork chops. Rather, we will be making a rub seasoning mix which we are going to very liberally apply to the meat. The rub is very simple too. Well use brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. We mix it together and rub it all in to pork chops that have been rinsed, dried, and coated with a little olive oil. Rinsing the pork chops and patting them dry with a paper towel is important so dont skip that step.
Can You Freeze Breaded Pork Chops
Yes! Once youve cooked them, allow them to cool completely. Once cooled, put them in an airtight container or bag. For serving, take them out of the freezer and allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight, or at room temperature for about 2 hours. Then re-heat in the air fryer at 360F for about 5 minutes, flipping half way through.
You May Like: Emeril 360 Coupon Code
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
Frozen pork chops can be a great way to save money on meat, but if youre not careful they can come out dry and tough. Follow this simple recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops for tender and juicy meat that is cooked perfectly every time in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi!
Can you cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer? Yes! Follow this step-by-step method on how to cook frozen pork chops using your air fryer or Ninja Foodi without thawing or defrosting.
Pork chops are a lean cut of meat that can easily become dry when cooked. The air fryer is an ideal cooking method for cooking frozen pork chops because the even heating in the appliance provides consistent results every time you cook.
Frozen Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Sharing is caring!
For a delicious dinner that takes minimal prep work, try making frozen pork chops in the air fryer! Theyre juicy, packed with flavor, and ready in less than half an hour.
I am always looking for recipes that can go from freezer to table in under an hour. Whether I forgot to defrost dinner or have some last-minute guests showing up at my door, these dishes are a lifesaver.
So I couldnt believe my luck when I found out you can make frozen pork chops in the air fryer in less than 30 minutes!
They turn out super tender and juicy while a bold dry rub gives them amazing flavor. And prep seriously couldnt be easier.
Read Also: Air Fryer Turkey Croquettes
Why Use Parchment In The Air Fryer
If using parchment paper in the air fryer, be sure to get the type that is perforated for air to circulate. You can make your own parchment liners by cutting a sheet of parchment paper and punching holes with a hole puncher. Parchment paper is optional but there are some benefits to using it:
- Easier cleanup
- Protects air fryer basket from wear and scratches
- Protects delicate foods from breaking
How To Make Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
Making these pork chops is so easy. That, combined with the speed of air frying, makes this one of my favorite recipes to pull together on a busy weeknight! Theres nothing like bringing a really good square meal to the table, without having to stand over a hot stove at the end of a long day.
You May Like: America’s Test Kitchen Air Fryer
Air Fry At 400 For 10
With your air fryer set to air fry setting, place your seasoned pork chops into the air fryer basket or tray and air fry at 400° for 10-14 minutes. Flipping halfway through cooking time. For optimal, take them out when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 140° and place them on a plate covered with foil for 5 minutes. They will continue to cook and will reach the 145° degrees, which is the recommended temperature for pork.
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
Youll need just a few ingredients for this easy recipe. Most of them are seasonings that you probably have in your kitchen.
- Pork Chops: Both boneless pork chops and bone-in pork chops work great in this recipe. Use pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick, because thin pork chops can easily dry out and become tough.
- Olive Oil: Rubbing the pork chops with olive oil helps the seasonings to stick to the meat. It also keeps the outsides of the chops moist.
- Brown Sugar: I add brown sugar to the seasoning mix because it helps to caramelize the seasoning as it cooks. The brown sugar also brings a delicious subtle sweetness to the rub. If you prefer a sugar-free recipe you can omit the brown sugar.
- Seasonings: To season these air fryer pork chops, I used a variation of my favorite pork rub. Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper add delicious flavor. You can use sweet or smoked paprika. Smoked paprika will lend a smoky, slightly spicy flavor, while sweet paprika is more mild.
Find the full printable recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
Recommended Reading: Jimmy Dean Sausage Patties Air Fryer
Air Fryer Pork Chops No Breading
These pork chops are not breaded. Not only does that make this dinner quicker and easier, but healthier as well.
It also helps with cleanup. No dishes to do after dinner. . . just your air fryer.
Coat the chops with a small amount of oil and your favorite seasoning blend. Or use only salt and pepper if you prefer. I like to season my chops with a pork blend and a touch of smoked paprika.
Can You Stack Stuffed Pork Chops In An Air Fryer
The best way to ensure that the pork chops cook evenly all around is to leave space between them. This means that you can not layer these stuffed air fryer pork chops because they wont cook correctly. I can fit four boneless pork chops in my Cosori 5.8 quart basket style air fryer without them touching or being stacked.
It is okay for the backside of the pork chop to touch the sides of the air fryer, it will brown them up a little.
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Dean Breakfast Burrito Instructions
Serving Ideas For Pork Chops
There are loads of different side dishes that will work great with these pork chops. I recommend that you do side dishes separately from the pork chops.
A delicious salad is the perfect healthy side dish. I love to do a simple combination of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and balsamic vinegar as a dressing. Other salads such as potato salad also work great if you have a bit of spare time.
I love making some homemade steak fries to go alongside these deliciously juicy pork chops. You can cook them in the air fryer, but they may need to be done separately from the pork. If steak fries do not take your fancy, then air fryer baked potatoes are certainly a must-try.
Some mashed potatoes are an excellent choice to go with these pork chops. You can try making some mashed cauliflower if you want something a bit healthier.
Steamed greens such as broccoli, green beans, and snow peas will work nicely as a side dish. Other vegetable side dishes such as sweet carrots or buttery mushrooms are also excellent choices.
Faq For Boneless Pork Chops In Air Fryer
How long to cook pork chops in air fryer?
Thin pork chops take 5 minutes on one side, and 4-6 minutes on the opposite side, to cook in the air fryer at a preheated temperature of 400°F. Thick pork chops will take slightly longer, about 6 minutes on each side.
How do you know when pork chops are done in an air fryer?
After air frying the pork chops for at least 9 minutes total, check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer to tell if they are done cooking. The temperature should read 140°F. Once they reach this temperature, remove the pork chops from the air fryer and allow them to rest 5 minutes. The temperature will rise slightly as they rest.
Can you air fry pork chops with bone?
You can air fry bone-in pork chops, though thicker pork chops will take slightly longer to cook than thin boneless chops. Air fry thick bone-in pork chops for a total of 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Can you air fry pork chops with flour?
You can air fry pork chops with flour if you like. Pork chops dredged in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs work well in the air fryer just as panko pork chops do following the same instructions. Spray them liberally with olive oil spray so they do not stick to the tray.
You May Like: America’s Test Kitchen Deep Fryer