Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Even people who eat a totally healthy diet seem to have difficulty resisting their favorite flavor of fried chicken wings.
Now, you can enjoy this family favorite with a lot less guilt because you can make them in your air fryer.
One of the easiest healthy air fryer recipes for beginners, crispy chicken wings are perfect to serve for appetizers or an entire meal.
The best part is that you can use a variety of different sauces and flavorings so that everyone has their favorite wing.
Air fryer butternut squash bites can be served as a side dish or over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes.
Either way, this delicacy will melt in your mouth.
You can roast butternut squash bites in the oven, but its lots more satisfying when you make them in the air fryer.
When you cook butternut squash cubes in the air fryer, they come out soft inside but have excellent crispiness on the outside.
These bites are seasoned with paprika and garlic powder.
Have you got a craving for a classic Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich but dont want to leave the house?
No problem. You can make this popular sandwich right in your own kitchen with your air fryer.
This copycat recipe for the Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich will become a new family favorite before you know it.
For the breading, use garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper for a little kick.
The secret to this sandwich is that the chicken is sauteed in buttermilk and pickle juice.
One of the most popular air fryer dinner recipes is fried chicken.
Are Air Fryers Safe
I dont see it any different than any other small kitchen appliance like a slow cooker or Instant Pot really.
Its a lot safer than a deep fryer for sure without any worry of spilling or splashing. AND if there are only a few of you, its great for cooking holiday meals.
- You can even cook from frozen too!! We make air fryer frozen chicken thighs all the time and youd never know they were rock hard minutes before.
- Dont want the extra calories on the outside? Try one of our air fryer chicken recipes no breading instead.
- I share how to cook chicken in an air fryer here and all kinds of beef like air fryer rump roast too.
Lets talk holidays and what to do if you only have 2 or 3 of you at home. NO need to cook an entire bird. Instead try air fryer turkey wings or a breast. Pair it with a salad with air fryer croutons on top and dinner is served.
Best Air Fryer Recipes
You can just add some salt and pepper, or our homemade dry rub to this salmon in the air fryer and it comes out perfect every time.
And making a whole chicken in an air fryer has never been easier. Way better than rotisserie.
Then lets move on to something like air fryer chicken parmesan. It is simple and gets that crunch on the outside you love. If you use our kitchen hack to make Air Fryer Chicken Wings baking powder youll never go back.
- Zucchini boats can be made with cheese or meat. Either way it is simple to make and really cheap too.
- Make air fryer hard boiled eggs and make egg salad for lunch.
Want a really quick meal that your kids will love to dress up just the way they want to? Try a frozen turkey burger in air fryer tonight.
Want to make the unusual amazing? Give our air fryer chicken gizzards a whirl. Never know what to do with that stuff in the bag you pull out of a whole chicken? Now you do!
- This semi homemade air fryer pizza is a favorite with a fast cook time. My kids will even make frozen crab cakes in air fryer after school which are delicious.
- you can also make it as an air fryer hot pocket which is fun for the kids to eat
Don’t Miss: Foods To Cook In Air Fryer
Tip #: Cut The Baking Time In Half
After lowering the temperature by 10-25 degrees, I then cut the baking time in half as it is written for the oven.
For example, if a chicken recipe says to cook it in the oven for 20 minutes, I will cook it in air fryer for 10 minutes.
Then, I use myinstant read thermometer to gauge whether or not my food is done cooking. I will then add more time as needed until my food comes to temperature.
In the example of the chicken recipe, my chicken will be done cooking once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If, after cooking for 10 minutes, my chicken is not done, I will cook it in the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes .
How To Avoid Your Air Fryer From Sticking
Some air fryers are coated with nonstick while others have wire mesh on the bottom. The nonstick is less likely to cause your food to stick when taken care of properly, but the wire mesh causes more foods to stick.
There are few options to avoid sticking in the air fryer:
- Parchment Paper Rounds: I love using parchment paper rounds inside the air fryer. They come in square and circle shapes with holes for air circulation and theyre super cheap for 100-200 of them.
- Silicone Air Fryer Basket: This air fryer silicone basket works great when youre short on time or dont want to make a mess. There are no holes on the bottom to vent the air through, but its still designed for the food to sit up higher so it can cook underneath. I love using this and throwing it in the dishwasher to clean when were in a hurry.
- Oil: If you dont have access to the two options above, spraying a little oil in the basket can help avoid sticking. I use the EVO Oil Sprayer and just 1-2 sprays on the wide setting will cover the entire bottom.
I use vegetable oil and extra-virgin olive oil most of the time, but you can use whichever oil you prefer listed here in your air fryer .
Air Fryer Recipes That Pair With This Shrimp Dish:
Read Also: Instant Vortex Air Fryer Basket
Can I Use Frozen Raw Shrimp In The Air Fryer In This Recipe
Yes! I love cooking frozen shrimp in the air fryer as its always ready to go! Just choose frozen shrimp thats already peeled, deveined, and with no breading.
If you are using frozen precooked shrimp, allow about 5 minutes for cooking as they just need to be heated since they are fully cooked.
You can check out my air fryer frozen shrimp recipe for a different flavor option too!
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Melt the butter in the microwave or stove top and pour it into a large bowl. Add grated parmesan, garlic, seasonings, pepper, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken thighs to the large bowl, then mix everything thoroughly.
- Optional: If you have time, cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate for several hours.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil spray. Transfer the marinated chicken thighs to the air fryer basket in a single layer .
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 13 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 6-7 minutes on the other side.
- Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees F for safe consumption. Use a digital thermometer like this one for easy temp taking.
- Plain chicken thighs: If you are looking for a more bland chicken thigh, season with salt, pepper, paprika and then follow the same cooking instructions.
- Spicy chicken thighs: Instead of garlic and italian seasoning, add paprika, cayenne powder, and cumin to the melted butter and coat with seasoning.
- Buffalo chicken thighs: Season the raw chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and paprika. Coat with buffalo sauce .
- Cilantro Lime chicken thighs: Using the melted butter, add freshly chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, garlic, and ¼ cup lime juice. Marinade the chicken in the mixture then cook following above directions.
Read Also: Best Convection Oven Air Fryer
Air Fryer Taquitos And Charred Salsa
Taquitos are the ultimate finger foodmini rolled tacos that are warm, cheesy and super crunchy! An air fryer makes this crowd-pleasing snack surprisingly easy to cook up at home. We fill them with chunks of chicken and melty Colby Jack, but you can customize the ingredients to please even the pickiest of eaters with different proteins and cheeses. And while you have the air fryer fired up you can make a delicious charred salsa to serve alongside.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Taquitos and Charred Salsa
How To Store Leftover Meatloaf
This recipe is for a small meatloaf that will feed a family of four. But if you find yourself with leftovers, count yourself lucky. They taste amazing the next day!
Simply store any extra meatloaf slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, they will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Recommended Reading: Elite Platinum By Maxi Matic Air Fryer
Top 10 Air Fryer Meals
These are what I would consider to be the best ever air fryer meals that you can recreate at home in your air fryer. There are of course many others you could do, but these each tell a story about how amazing the air fryer is.
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas One of those dump it all into the air fryer methods and perfect for a light lunch or dinner. This is also using the air fryer stir fry technique and you can mix and match it for other stir frys you like.
- Air Fryer Pot Roast Probably the best example ever of an air fryer dinner and so yummy too. You cook your pot roast beef, roast potatoes and carrots altogether in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken Dinner My favourite roast dinner in the air fryer and its amazing what can be achieved in a small air fryer basket. We stuff the whole chicken we scatter in roast potatoes and we add vegetables too. Giving you a quick meal of roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes and vegetables.
- Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb Loved by our Australian readers the most, this is ideal for users of the air fryer oven and shows you how to cook a leg of lamb along with roast potatoes.
- Air Fryer Tuna Steak Ideal for the Keto/low carb air fryer user and shows you how to cook beautiful tuna steaks in the air fryer with cherry tomatoes. Ideal for a light lunch and be warned the tuna is addictive.
- Air Fryer Taco Pie Yes really, a taco pie in the air fryer. The taco meat cooks in the air fryer and then it is stacked to make a yummy taco pie.
How Do You Know When Shrimp Is Done Cooking
The fun thing about shrimp is that you can tell if shrimp is cooked by looking at it.
The trick to air frying the perfect shrimp is to pull it as soon as its fully cooked without overcooking it.
Here are some ways using color and shape to tell when the shrimp is done and when it is overcooked:
Color: Raw shrimp starts off looking grey. The shrimp is completely cooked when the shells turn pink and the shrimp is just slightly white, but still a little opaque. If the shrimp has turned bright white, its likely overcooked.
Shape: Shrimp will curl into a C shape once fully cooked. If they start to curl even more into an O shape, this is an indicator the shrimp is overcooked.
You can also check the readiness of the shrimp using a meat thermometer, like this Kizen Instant-Read Thermometer I use. Once the shrimp hits 165 degrees, its done!
Also Check: Emeril 8qt Pressure Air Fryer
Is General Tso Chicken The Same As Orange Chicken
The main difference between general Tso chicken and orangechicken is the sauce.
The orange sauce includes orange flavoring while general Tso is flavored without any orange and mayinclude hoisin sauce depending on the recipe.
The chicken used in both dishes is made the same way.
Other Air Fryer Recipes Youll Love:
Crispy Mozzarella Sticks Are Easy To Make
“Air frying is the perfect way to crisp up frozen mozzarella sticks in small batches, or you can cook homemade sticks using cut mozzarella and breadcrumbs,” Babb said.
Serve the sticks on a bed of fresh greens, basil, and sliced tomatoes for a delicious twist on a Caprese salad.
Don’t Miss: Cosori Air Fryer 5.8
How Do You Reheat Egg Rolls In Air Fryer
To reheat the rolls, place them in an air fryer set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one to two minutes. When you put the egg rolls in the air fryer, make sure they dont touch each other and turn them halfway through cooking. This will enable them to get crispy on all sides.
How To Cook Frozen Mac And Cheese In Air Fryer
For this, I air fried a 9-ounce Amys Mac and Cheese. The container is safe for the air fryer. Remove the plastic wrap from the frozen macaroni and cheese and cover it in foil.
Preheat the air fryer to 375F for 5 minutes. Bake the foil-covered frozen mac n cheese for 40 minutes in the middle of the air fryer oven. Uncover the mac and cheese, stir, cover with foil again, and bake 15 more minutes.
Also Check: Best Philips Air Fryer To Buy
How To Cook A Steak Dinner In The Air Fryer
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
How To Cook Marinated Chicken In The Air Fryer
Prep the chicken: remove any unwanted fat from the chicken breast and transfer it to a Ziploc bag or a large bowl.
Make the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic granules, Herbs de Provence, salt, and black pepper until combined
pour the chicken marinade over the chicken breast and massage it gently with your hand until the chicken is well coated. Let it sit and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours in the fridge.
Air fry the chicken: Preheat the air fryer at 390F/195C for 3-5 minutes then spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for a total of 18 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C flipping it halfway through.
Remove the chicken from the air fryer basket to a plate, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Also Check: How Long Do You Cook Bacon In An Air Fryer
Healthy Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken With Broccoli
This chicken gets incredibly crunchy, thanks to a light coating of panko and Parmesan and a quick cook in the air fryer! Serve it with charred broccoli and a tangy yogurt sauce for a healthy and complete meal you can throw together any day of the week.
Get the Recipe: Healthy Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken with Broccoli
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
This picture-perfect recipe is oozing with deliciousness!
The second you pull this dish out of the air fryer, itll be gone in a snap.
These mini buffalo cauliflower bites are low-carb, keto-friendly, and surprisingly healthy.
This dish is basically a vegan alternative to buffalo wings. It still has the spice and kick, without the added calories.
Dont be scared to go a little crazy on your most loved barbeque or hot sauce.
This mouthwatering dish is a Chick-fil-A copycat recipe thats super easy to make.
The chicken is sautéed in pickle juice and buttermilk for that juicy tenderness.
The breading is loaded with paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne for some added heat.
The best part of this recipe is absolutely no oil is required!
Who needs the extra calories from deep fried fast food when you can get the same crispiness and crunch in an air fryer?
These vibrant air fryer fish tacos are paired with a citrus salsa and spicy chipotle mayo.
Dont forget to whip up a fresh guacamole to spread across the fish tacos.
While the recipe calls for white fish fillet, you can opt for salmon or even shrimp.
If youre looking for that extra crunch, you can throw the final product into the air fryer for some added yumminess.
Read Also: Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer Warranty