Easy Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
With these easy air fryer dinner recipes, getting a meal on the table has never been easier!
These are the perfect quick and easy dishes to serve after a busy day.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
These air fryer dinner recipes are incredibly versatile, and you wont break a sweat.
Why spend hours slaving away in the kitchen when you can let the air fryer do all the work?
From classic recipes like pork roasts and butternut squash to fun dishes like fish tacos and buffalo cauliflower bites, this list has something for everyone.
Say goodbye to stressing over what to make for dinner and hello to your new favorite recipes.
The best part? Simply let the air fryer do all the work!
Avoid Putting Large Roasts Or Whole Chickens In The Air Fryer
“Beyond the obvious question of whether they’ll fit in the air-fryer basket, larger roasts and whole chickens just won’t cook evenly in the air fryer,” Pixley said.
The portion closest to the heat source, according to Pixley, will burn and dry out well before the portion farthest from the heat source is safe to eat.
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Are we even surprised? By now we already know the air fryer is supreme. The fact that crispy golden chicken can be achieved without the use of any oil whatsoever is amazing and that’s not to mention how quickly the air fryer can do it! This chicken parm tastes every bit as good as the traditional version with much less effort to get there. The air fryer will even melt and broil your cheese for a perfect cheesy, crispy bite!
Obsessed too? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
You May Like: Ninja Air Fryer For Sale
Make Your Chicken Breasts In The Air Fryer For Juicy Results
“Due to the compact design of an air fryer, there’s not as much room for the juices to evaporate like they sometimes do in other methods,” Dang said.
Glazed chicken also cooks nicely in an air fryer, according to Pixley.
“With the high heat and constant airflow of the air fryer, the glaze caramelizes on the chicken, which just takes roast chicken to another level entirely,” Pixley told Insider.
Just be careful not to put too much glaze on your chicken, as the excess may drip and spread around your air-fryer chamber.
Air Fryer Veggie Chip Medley
Sweet, earthy beets and crispy, salty potatoes come together in this easy air-fryer chip medley that’s inspired by the favorite store-bought variety. It will take a couple batches to complete, but the final result is a super satisfying snack you can enjoy any time of the day.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Veggie Chip Medley
You May Like: Best Air Fryer For Dehydrating
It’s Possible To Cook Crunchy Chicken Wings In An Air Fryer
Chicken wings are sometimes battered and cooked in oil, which can make them high-calorie and greasy. If you’re looking for a lighter alternative, Knight said, try air-frying your wings instead.
“Chicken wings are great to cook in an air fryer as a snack or a whole meal,” Knight told Insider. “Air-frying means that you still get crispy wings without the added calories of deep-frying.”
Air Fryer Tips Before You Get Begin:
1. Grease your basket the right way
Although, its not always necessary if you want to make sure everything comes out golden brown a small amount of oil may be needed.
But, dont use aerosol sprays such as Pam because they can cause peeling of the baskets. Its better to rub oil on or invest in an oil mister.
2. Dont overcrowd the basket
When putting your food into the basket try not to overcrowd it and leave space between your food if possible.
This will allow the food to get crispy on all sides if there is space for the air to circulate.
3. Shake or turn halfway through cooking
If you shake your food or turn it over halfway during cooking this will allow for more even cooking.
4. Resist the urge to turn up the heat
Your food may dry out if you try and cook at the highest setting.
I was guilty of doing this when I first received my air fryer but now realize how much better my food has turned out since turning it down and not trying to cook everything at the highest temperature.
5. Stop white smoke
Put a slice of bread under the basket to catch any grease that may fall especially if you are cooking fatty pieces of meat such as bacon.
You may also like:
Recommended Reading: Nuwave Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Honey Lime Air Fryer Shrimp
An easy weeknight dinner for when you have no idea what to make, start with frozen shrimp and whip them up in the air fryer in minutes. You can serve this sweet and tangy shrimp on rice, in tortillas, or with your favorite vegetable. Get the recipe for honey lime air fryer shrimp here.
How To Store And Reheat Leftover Turkey Breast
- To refrigerate leftover turkey, place it in airtight food storage containers, or zip-top bags. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, wrap leftovers tightly in two layers of plastic wrap, or place in freezer bags and press as much air out as possible before sealing.
- To reheat, place the turkey in a covered skillet over low heat, with a splash of broth or water to keep it moist. Reheat until just heated through.
Read Also: Air Fryer Pros And Cons
Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Before you run away, hear me out.
The reason why youre probably not a fan of Brussels sprouts is that youve never had them prepared properly.
These air fryer parmesan Brussels sprouts completely transform the vegetable into something else!
This dish is everything from crispy and crunchy to cheesy and salty, and its loaded with nutrients.
The Worst Things To Put In An Air Fryer
SteakWhat makes a steak truly special is the char and maillard reaction you get when searing your favorite cut. Its impossible to replicate that same flavor in an air fryerthe meat gets dried out and doesnt cook as evenly. If youre going to eat steak, you might as well do it right and pull out your cast iron pan.
Pasta Pasta chips have gone viral on TikTok and those are certainly great for the air fryer. Reheating pasta leftovers, however, is a no-go. The sauce is messy and loses its silkiness, the actual pasta gets dried out, and everything becomes sad and clumpy. When it comes to pasta, stick with the microwave.
Any sort of glazed wingFried chicken actually fares pretty well in the air fryer, but once you involve sticky glazes and buttery Buffalo sauce, the whole thing becomes an easily burnt disaster. Its hard to recover any sort of crunch with leftover glazed wings to begin withthis goes for cauliflower and boneless wings, toothat adding them to the air fryer just dehydrates the wings and turns the sauce goopy. If anyone knows of a good way to heat up saucy wings, Id love to hear it.
Items with a wet dredgeIve seen some people on TikTok successfully fry Oreos in their air fryer in pancake batter and Im trying to figure out what kind of alchemy made that successful. Every time Ive tried to air fry something with a wet batterpickle chips, fried chicken, onion rings, to name a fewit’s been edible, yes, but burnt in some areas and raw in others.
You May Like: Ge Profile Oven With Air Fryer
You Can Make Sweet And Savory Baby Carrots In An Air Fryer
Chef Zach Cummings of Timbers Kauai in Lihue, Hawaii, told Insider that baby carrots are one of his favorite foods to prepare in an air fryer.
“The intense, focused heat of the air fryer achieves this beautiful caramelization in a fraction of the time it takes to cook baby carrots that way in a traditional oven,” said Cummings.
For perfectly caramelized carrots, Cummings said, coat them in extra-virgin olive oil, toasted fennel seeds, fresh thyme, sea salt, and pepper. Cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and shake the basket halfway through.
Air Fryers Can Take Gnocchi From Gummy To Golden
Dang told Insider that she thinks using an air fryer is one of the best ways to prepare premade, frozen gnocchi.
“The first time I tried frozen cauliflower gnocchi, I didn’t get the appeal I just wound up with a gummy mess,” she said. “But when I tried them again in the air fryer, they came out golden and crispy.”
You May Like: Best Rated Air Fryer With Rotisserie
Doesnt Work So Well: Feeding A Crowd
While air fryers come in a range of sizes, even the largest model can only fit food for a handful of people. If you have a large family or you plan on using your air fryer for a bigger gathering, youll have to make your food in batches. Youll probably be better off using these dinner recipes guaranteed to feed a crowd.
The Different Types Of Air Fryers
The most common type of air fryer on the marketthe basket-type air fryerlooks like a funky coffee maker with a removable basket in its belly. This air fryer has one function only: air frying. This guide covers basket-type air fryers.
You can also find boxy multi-function air fryers on the market, like the Beville Smart-Oven, the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, and the . These look like toaster ovens on steroids, and air frying is only one of the things they do . They also hold more food than basket-type air fryers.
If you have a multi-function countertop oven with an air fryer setting, this guide still has some tips that will be useful for you, so don’t give up yet!
- See our full list of The Best Air Fryers.
Also Check: Insignia Toaster Oven Air Fryer
Why Youll Love This Dinner
- Pork chops are always a family favorite.
- Cooking chops in the air fryer ensures theyre juicy inside with a crisp coating.
- They can be breaded up to 24 hours before cooking making meal time easy.
- The air fryer is easy to cook in and easy to clean.
Elle Vernons Fairy Bread Bagels
- 2 tbsp hundreds and thousands
- Put flour and salt into a large bowl. Add yogurt, and stir until a shaggy mixture forms.
- Tip the mixture onto a clean, dry surface. Use your hands to gather the mixture into a rough ball, then knead the dough together until all of the flour has been incorporated, and a slightly sticky ball has formed.
- Cut the ball into quarters. Dust the surface with a little flour, then roll one portion into a log, 24cm long. Curl the log to form a ring, pinching the two ends together to adhere. Repeat with remaining portions. Brush tops with a little egg.
- Place hundreds and thousands on a plate, then lightly press dough rings into the hundreds and thousands, egg-side down.
- Remove the mesh basket from the Philips XXL Digital Air Fryer and arrange inside, with hundreds and thousands facing up, leaving a little space in between each one.
- Return the basket to the Air Fryer and set temperature to 160C and time to 12 minutes. Cook until bagels are light golden brown. Remove basket from Air Fryer and set aside for 15 minutes to allow bagels to cool slightly. Enjoy warm, or cool completely if preferred.
Also Check: Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer Recipes
You Can Cook A Flavorful Steak In An Air Fryer
Yankel Polak, head chef at ButcherBox, told Insider that it’s possible to cook a delicious steak in an air fryer.
“Rub the steak with a little olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper before cooking,” he said. “The olive oil helps it get a really good sear and the salt and pepper give a simple, yet satisfying flavor.”
To make sure your steak cooks evenly, Yankel added, flip it over halfway through the cooking time. This ensures both sides of the meat have contact with the hot surface of the basket.
Works Well: Egg Rolls
Whether youre making savory egg rolls for an appetizer or sweet ones for dessert, it can be difficult to nail the balance between a crispy shell and a well-cooked filling. With an air fryer, you dont have to worry. Youll end up with a firm, fried texture on the outside without ruining the soft interior.
You May Like: Air Fryer Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In An Air Fryer
This section shows how to make air fryer whole chicken with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Make compound butter. Mash the butter in a small bowl, then add garlic, herbs, and salt, and mash again.
- Rub butter under the skin. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and slide your hand underneath the chicken skin, to separate the skin from the meat. Dollop compound butter underneath the skin and press down from the top of the skin to spread it around underneath. Rub a little bit inside the cavity, too.
- Season the skin. Drizzle oil on both sides of the outside of the chicken. Sprinkle with spices on both sides.
- Air fry. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket, breast side down. Roast the chicken in the air fryer, flipping once to make the chicken breast side up, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rest. Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. This will help lock in the juices, and the internal temperature will rise another 5-10 degrees while resting, to reach at least 165 degrees F.
TIP: You can use the drippings to make gravy. Just pour them out of the bottom of the air fryer basket.
It’s More Versatile Than You Think
The Spruce Eats / Leah Maroney
If you’ve hopped aboard the air fryer train, welcome to the party. We’re all loving air fryers these days because they can make crispy, crunchy, delicious food while using little oil. For those who love fried food but don’t want to heat a pan of oil, try these amazing air fryer options.
Recommended Reading: Best Air Fryer Under 100
Best Air Fryer Recipes
You can just add some salt and pepper, or our homemade dry rub to this salmon in the air fryer and it comes out perfect every time.
And making a whole chicken in an air fryer has never been easier. Way better than rotisserie.
Then lets move on to something like air fryer chicken parmesan. It is simple and gets that crunch on the outside you love.
- Zucchini boats can be made with cheese or meat. Either way it is simple to make and really cheap too.
- Make air fryer hard boiled eggs and make egg salad for lunch.
Want a really quick meal that your kids will love to dress up just the way they want to? Try a frozen turkey burger in air fryer tonight.
- This semi homemade air fryer pizza is a favorite with a fast cook time.
- you can also make it as an air fryer hot pocket which is fun for the kids to eat
You can read our article about Ninja air fryer recipes if you have that specific machine. Many are listed here though.
Can You Make Dessert In An Air Fryer
But wait, there is more.
Weve even made the best apple crisp in this handy machine.
- Stuff our 2 ingredient bagels with strawberry cream cheese for a morning treat.
- Make semi-homemade air fryer dumplings with apple pie filling! Or use fresh fruit and make some air fryer peaches for dessert some night.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Brand Of Air Fryer To Buy