Do You Need Air Fryer Liners
You do not need to use liners in order to use an air fryer, but there are many reasons you may choose to anyway.
Here are some key reasons to use air fryer liners anyway:
- They reduce the likelihood that your food will stick. If you use nothing but the machine or even wire racks in it there is a chance that your food will stick in places, creating more mess to clean up and potentially damaging or tearing delicate food like fish. Air fryer liners solve this problem completely.
- Liners makes cleaning your machine and accessories quick and easy. Using liners will not only save you time and energy, but also reduces the wear and tear on your machine. Your air fryer will have fewer scratches from stuck food or scrubbing, extending its lifespan and efficiency over time.
- They help crisp your food with a lower risk of burning it in the process. Air fryer liners are safe to use in very high temperatures, helping your food get extremely hot and therefore crisping up nicely but protecting it from direct exposure to the heat source, limiting the risk for burning. You still need to watch your food and use the liners properly, but its much easier.
Pcs Unbleached Air Fryer Liners Vancens 75 Inches
This particular brand offers two different sizes of parchment papers 7.5 inches and 9 inches. Both sizes offer two categories bleached and unbleached. All of the categories come in pre-cut round shape. Therefore, no need to worry about cutting and taking in extra hassle. Minimizes cooking time.
This parchment paper is perfect for oven, microwaves, and bamboo steamer as well. It also contains plenty of prepared holes that fasten the cooking time. Also allows the food to be cooked evenly. It claims to be waterproof and greaseproof. Hence, it reduces the hassle of extra cleaning.
It keeps the air fryer free from food residues. These parchment papers are also heat resistant up to 450F. This unbleached 7.5 parchment paper is non-toxic, non-sticking, and strong. Made of 100% food grade pulp. So, it is completely safe. It is also florescent free and eco-friendly.
Air Fryer Parchment Paper Set Of 100 6 Inch Air Fryer Line:
This air fryer parchment paper is made with food-grade silicone and virgin wood pulp. It is non-toxic, wax-free, non-bleached, and eco-friendly. Featured with a heat resistance of 450F or 232 C. It is preferable for the bamboo steamer, cake pans, air fryers, etc.
One should avoid preheating parchment papers. Parchment papers should always be placed with foods. It helps keep your air fryer grease-free and doesnt interfere with the taste or the look of the food. It is also 100% waterproof and tear-free.
These parchment papers also come in pre-cut round shapes. Therefore, minimizes preparation time. And no extra hassle of cutting the paper. It also contains holes. Which helps in the air circulation within the air fryer while cooking and speeds up the cooking time. It also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee if disappointed by its performance.
Also Check: Bravo Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Can Youputparchmentpaper In An Air Fryer
Yes you can put parchment paper in an air fryer. Its helps with easy clean up and extends the life of the air fryer basket.
However you shouldnt put it in there without any food on it to weigh it down. Its light weight so the air circulation in the air fryer will get flying around and it can get stuck in the element and ruin your air fryer.
This means it should be used when you are ready to start cooking and not during the preheating stage
Perforated Parchment Paper For An Air Fryer
Regular parchment papers can be used in an air fryer too, however, because of the technology used by the air fryer to cook food, using regular parchment paper isnt nearly as useful as perforated parchment paper.
The difference between regular and perforated parchment paper is the pattern of holes that cover the perforated paper. This allows the hot air to circulate freely through the entire cavity of the air fryer.
While regular parchment paper breathes easily, perforated parchment paper will make sure the ingredients are cooked from every angle. That said, I have used both perforated and regular parchment paper for both the air fryer and dehydrator with great results.
Perforated paper is superior, yes. If you plan on using your air fryer on a regular basis I would definitely invest in a pack of pre-cut perforated parchment papers.
You can buy pre-made parchment paper inserts for air fryers on Amazon for just a couple of bucks or you can choose to make your own at home. Ill show you how! But first.
Also Check: Air Fryers Without Non Stick Coating
How To Make Your Own Perforated Parchment Paper
If youre struggling to find perforated parchment paper in stores, or youd like to have a go at making your own, youre in luck its super easy! Just follow these simple tips:
- Cut a piece of parchment paper so its the right shape for your air fryer basket and slightly smaller. Leaving room around the edges allows for proper airflow.
- From the roll of parchment paper, cut a stack of roughly 10 sheets to make the liners with.
- After youve cut a piece of parchment to size, pop it over the stack.
- Use the original piece of parchment paper as a guide and cut the stack, so its the correct size. Youll then be left with a bunch of parchment liners.
- Lastly, use a hole punch or rotary cutter to create lots of holes in the paper. Youll want to make quite a few holes as this will allow the hot air to circulate and ensures your food cooks evenly.
Having a bunch of pre-cut liners to hand will prove to be very useful if you suddenly find youve run out and dont fancy making an inconvenient trip to the store!
Can You Put Parchment Paper In An Air Fryer
Yes, you can put parchment paper in an air fryer. Parchment paper is the most common type of air fryer liner and, if used properly, it is safe for use in an air fryer.
There are some important rules to understand when you use parchment paper as a liner for your air fryer, however:
With all these rules in mind, its easy to see why purchasing pre-perforated, properly sized and cut air fryer liners is the easiest course of action. However, its not impossible to make liners at home using standard parchment paper.
How To Make Perforated Parchment Paper
Perforating parchment paper is simple. Heres how to do it:
Also Check: Gourmia Air Fryer Toaster Oven
What Are Perforated Parchment Sheets Or Liners
Theyre pre-cut parchment paper that have holes . The holes allow air to circulate through the paper and helps food crisp better or steam without sticking to the air fryer basket or steamer basket. These parchment sheets are great for what ever cooking surface you have for your air fryer or bamboo steamer . The perforated parchment sheets come in different sizes, shapes and styles. Some are white, while other brown ones are unbleached. In the case of air frying, the holes in the parchment sheets allows food to circulate under the food, which helps food cook more evenly throughout the whole cavity of the air fryer.
How To Make Perforated Parchment Paper
Step 1-3 Get your parchment paper roll or sheets, place the insert of your basket or any square or round cake pan that is about the same size or slightly smaller than your air fryer basket on the parchment sheet
Trace the shape of the basket and cut it out with a pair of scissors
Step 4-6 Fold it in half then fold again to in quarters
Step 7- 9 nip off the tip with the perforator to create a hole in the middle. Gentle perforate around the edges of the folded paper try to make it as evenly spaced as possible.
After perforating round the edges, fold the paper one more time so you can make some perforation in the middle area. See pic number 10
Open up the folded now perforated parchment and use.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Brand Of Air Fryer To Buy
Perforated Parchment Paper Liners
The most commonly used type of air fryer liner are pre-perforated, pre-sized parchment paper liners. They are single-use papers designed specifically for use in air fryers.
They come with a pattern of holes punched out to allow for airflow and optimal cooking while still protecting the bottom surface of your air fryer.
There are multiple sizes and shapes, so be sure to get a package that is suited to your air fryer.
Tips For Using Parchment Paper Air Fryers
Using parchment paper with an air fryer is easy once you know how to do it. Check out the following tips for a successful cook!
- Place the paper in the bottom of the rack.
- Accurately measure the parchment paper. It should be cut slightly smaller than the basket, so no edges are sticking out as this will affect the air flow, not to mention being a fire hazard.
- Always pop food on top of the paper. If its not weighed down, theres a risk of it getting stuck in the heating element and damaging the air fryer, or worse, setting alight. Never use parchment paper during the pre-heat phase, where theres nothing to weigh it down!
Other things to remember include checking the maximum temperature the paper can handle against the temperature the food will be cooked at. Above all else, be safe when using your air fryer. If youre unsure of anything, always take a look at the manufacturers manual.
Read Also: Ninja Grill Air Fryer Combo
Where Do I Find Them
Im a shameless amazon prime junkie, and we purchase the majority of our accessories online. Luckily, there are several different options for basket liners that come in various shapes, sizes, and materials. The most popular are parchment, unbleached paper, bamboo, and silicon. Basically, whatever your needs, whatever model of air fryer you own, there are liners for it!
Here are a few we recommend:
How To Use Parchment Paper In The Air Fryer:
- Double-check your paper. Make sure that youre using the right baking paper wax paper wont work and will damage your fryer.
- Measure twice, cut once. To avoid a fire hazard, you dont want paper bunching up in your fryer.If youre making your own, cut a piece of parchment paper slightly smaller than the basket size itself. This allows the maximum amount of air to flow to perfectly crisp your dish.
- Preheat your air fryer FIRST. Adding the parchment paper to the air fryer while preheating will cause the liner to fly up, hit the fan, and burn. When the food is ready to go in, thats when you add the paper.
Also Check: Cookbook For Ninja Air Fryer
Air Fryer Parchment Paper Liners
- ãParchment Paperã Our parchment paper is specially designed for air fryer. A total of 100 pieces of round parchment paper, containing 100 pieces of perforated parchment paper, can heat food evenly without affecting cooking.
- ãSize Parameterã The pre-cut size about 7.5-8.5-9 inches round steamer paper is suitable for air fryer, oven and microwave oven with about 4L-6L capacity or about 8-9 inch bamboo or metal steamer. The diagonal length is about 10 inches.
- ãHeat ResistanceãUp to about 450 degrees Fahrenheit thermal safety, can be used safely in an air fryer, and will not curl or burn.
- ãSafe and Non-stickyã Round hole parchment with 104% food grade wood pulp, non-fluorescent, non-toxic. Our air fryer parchment paper is made of non-stick food-grade high-quality baking paper, which prevents food from sticking to the paper, reduces the use of grease, and is oil-proof and water-proof.
- ãFood-grade Silicone Coatingã It can prevent food from directly contacting the fryer and causing stains, and is easy to clean. Maintain the integrity and beauty of chicken, bread, bacon, and dumplings without affecting the taste of food.
What Not To Put In Your Air Fryer
There are also a few items that you dont want to ever use in your air fryer.
Read Also: Innsky Air Fryer Xl 5.8 Qt
Do I Need To Use Air Fryer Parchment Paper
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Sharing is caring!
Is air fryer parchment paper really worth it? Find out when you should use it, if its not necessary and so much more.
Its no secret that the air fryer is one of the coolest kitchen appliances you can own. No kitchen is complete without one!
An air fryer is a healthy alternative to deep-frying some of your favorite foods. It has the added bonus of being incredibly easy to operate and works within minutes!
As convenient and easy as it is to use the air fryer, the clean-up is often the opposite. While we all love air fryer french fries, we dont especially love cleaning out those pesky crumbs from the fryer basket.
You may have found yourself wondering Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer? The answer is yes!
But now youre probably wondering if you need to and why you need to. Well, read on and I will cover all your questions so you can decide if its worth it to you.
Heres what Im going to teach you about using parchment paper in your air fryer:
Youll learn which parchment papers are best and which ones to avoid, as well as an easy how-to to save yourself a little time and money! A cleaner, faster, better air frying experience awaits.
Do I Need To Use Parchment Paper In The Air Fryer
Parchment paper is an optional accessory for your air fryer that I find extremely useful in certain scenarios. Its used mainly to help with clean up in most recipes and are optional except in a few cases.
I recommend using parchment paper rounds every time you make one of the following to prevent the foods from sticking into the holes in the basket
- Any other foods that use a raw dough that can stick into the holes
You May Like: Ninja Foodie Air Fryer Reviews
Round Perforated Parchment Paper For Air Fryer
It is a 9 inch round size air fryer parchment paper. Best for a round size air fryer basket. Made up from food-grade pulp. So no toxic compound is present in the parchment paper.
Easily removable, but one time usable. Remove after cooking and use another one. It is waterproof and high heat resistant up to 450°F, offers you cook a different variety of food.
Ideal for an air fryer, steaming basket, cooking fish, vegetables, rice, dim sum, etc. All these incredible features make vancens non-stick liner sheets become an indispensable kitchen accessory for air fryers.
Why Would You Want To Use Parchment Paper In Your Air Fryer
If youve never used air fryer parchment paper before, youre missing out! Parchment paper is a complete game-changer for air frying. If your air fryer has a wire cooking basket, youve probably had issues with food sticking to it.
Unfortunately, no matter how much you coat it with coil or cooking spray, certain foods will always stick to the wire. Even if you have a ceramic or non-stick base, some delicate foods such as fish can disintegrate.
But if you use parchment paper to line the basket, your food sticking woes will be over! Its never a bad idea to keep a stock of parchment paper in your kitchen. Because of how versatile it is, youll be glad you did!
Another benefit of using parchment paper is that it makes cleaning up afterward a lot easier. We all lead busy lives, and the last thing you feel like doing after cooking a meal is cleaning up! Parchment also means you wont need to scrub the wire basket or rack as much.
Excessive scrubbing can cause the non-stick basket to lose its lining quickly. But if you place parchment paper in it, you wont need to scrub. Parchment paper also helps to extend the longevity of your basket or rack as itll protect the wire from heat exposure and grease.
Read Also: Air Fryer Pros And Cons