Tips And Tricks For Cooking Chicken In The Air Fryer:
As always, youll want chicken that is similar in size for each batch. Pound out breasts and thighs to an even thickness. If youre chopping or cutting your chicken, make sure to cut into uniform sizes. This is a simple way to ensure each bite is perfect!
While most air fryers do cook pretty much the same, some will cook a bit faster or slower than others and some will run a bit hotter or cooler. Get to know your air fryer and adjust the cook times accordingly. If it seems like things are often overdone, just start reducing the cooking time by a few minutes and checking for doneness early. For chicken, you can use a meat thermometer to ensure food safety by cooking the chicken to at least 165 degrees F in the center.
Making This Recipe In Advance
Make ahead: One tip for the best and crispiest fried chicken wings in an air fryer is to make sure that the wings are thoroughly dry. One way to do this is to lay your wings out on a large plate/tray in the fridge for several hours before patting dry and air frying to crispy perfection. If you plan on making these crispy wings often, you could also mix up large batches of your favorite chicken seasoning!
Storing: You can store the leftover air fryer fried chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Make sure to move them to the refrigerator within two hours for food safety reasons.
Freeze: Allow the cooked wings to cool to room temperature and then freeze the leftovers on a baking sheet for several hours until solid. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container/bag and store them for up to three months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before eating or reheating.
Check the FAQs for how to reheat the chicken wings in the air fryer!
Ingredients For Making Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Chicken Wings: You can use flats or drumettes.
- Baking Powder: Make sure you choose non-aluminum baking powder and that it is fresh to avoid an off-putting taste. The baking powder helps the wings get crispy but is optional.
- Seasonings: A simple blend of salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and fresh ground black pepper adds just the right amount of flavor.
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Dean Sausage Patties Air Fryer
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Wings
First off, youll want to whip up some homemade sauces. Light ranch is great for buffalo wings. Dont forget to cut up some strips of carrots and celery to dip in the ranch as well. You could also make a homemade BBQ sauce with just a few ingredients you likely already have hanging around in your kitchen.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are crisped in the air fryer with just a drizzle of oil and pinch of seasonings. Audibly crispy and totally addicting!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Today were talking Air Fryer Chicken Wings, aka the most irresistible game-day snack you can get your hands on. I actually had no idea you could cook chicken wings in an Air Fryer until Ben started frying these bad boys up last month. One bite and I was hooked.
Impossibly crispy, juicy, and no deep fat frying required nor do you need to toss the wings in baking soda or cornstarch or whatever you supposedly have to do when making baked wings. All you need is chicken wings, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, and lemon pepper seasoning. Yes!
Also Check: Club Chefman Recipes
Grilled Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings
Grilled Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings are perfectly tender and juicy on the inside with a crispy skin on the outside that is drenched in a sweet and spicy honey buffalo sauce. The flavors are so irresistible you will not be able to stop eating them!
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Toss the wings with the oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, pepper and salt and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer of the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook wings for 15 minutes flip and cook another 5 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, make the dip. Stir together the yogurt, feta , mustard, honey and parsley in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Submerge celery and carrots in a bowl of cold water and refrigerate.
Recommended Reading: Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer Recipes
Can I Double The Recipe
For all-around crispy chicken wings, its best to keep the wings in a single layer. If you have a larger air fryer like our Cuisinart model, you can double everything. When doubling, air fry for 18-22 minutes, or until the skin is crisp, flipping the wings half way. Bake time will vary based on the surface area of your air fryer basket.
Extra Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
October 30, 2018 by victor
These air fryer chicken wings are so good that if you have an air fryer, whip it out and make these wings ASAP. If not, go buy one now! Seriously. I am a chicken wing lover and have tried dozens of amazing recipes. This one is way up there at the top of the list. The first thing that hits you is their extra crispy, extra flavorful deep golden brown skin. Its delicious! As you bite into the wing, the second thing that hits you is the explosion of juices. These wings are probably the juiciest wings Ive ever had. They are cooked so quickly that they just dont have the time to dry out.
These wings remind me of my Extra Crispy Baked Chicken Wings. I make them in a similar way I use baking powder to draw out moisture and dry out the skin, and I use high heat and air movement to get that browning and crisping up of the skin.
The one thing I did differently in this recipe is I salted the wings and applied the seasonings before frying. Based on my experiments, salt does make chicken skin a little less crispy, but it also significantly improves browning. I now salt my wings before cooking as I like the beautiful deep golden brown color it results in.
If you have never used an air fryer before, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. I will address them one by one, starting with what I consider the most important one.
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
Best Air Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
The fatty skin on the chicken wings have plenty of oil already and just enough to cook them crispy in the air fryer. The whole air frying method is amazing at how quick and easy air fried chicken wings are. Its even easier to devour it all. The only real effort is seasoning the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Then press a few buttons on the air fryer and within minutes you have the best chicken wings ever.
What To Serve With Air
Since these air-fried wings are dry-rubbed, theyre great with dipping sauces. Our go-to sauces are ranch, blue cheese salad dressing, Buffalo sauce and barbecue sauce, but any sauce you like will work well. You can even toss the wings in additional seasonings to make lemon-pepper wings, peach-bourbon wings or garlic parmesan wings. Yum!
Along with an array of sauces, we recommend serving these air-fryer chicken wings with carrot and celery sticks for some crisp crunch.
Read Also: Jimmy Dean Biscuit Roll Ups Air Fryer
Tips For Extra Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Below, find a couple of tried-and-true tips for making extra crispy air fryer chicken wings.
- Always spray the basket. Give the air fryer basket a generous coating of cooking spray before popping your wings in. This will prevent them from sticking and burning. You dont need too much oil, just enough so that the entire tray is covered. Remember, the air fryer works a lot of magic with very little oil!
- Start the temperature low and then go high. Begin cooking chicken wings at a lower temperature and then turn up the heat to achieve maximum crispiness. This is much like the effect a broiler has in your conventional oven.
- Toss crispy wings in your favorite sauce. From buffalo sauce to bbq sauce, toss your wings in whatever you love. Just make sure to do it right when they come out of the fryer, as the sauce will stick better.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer. If you happen to have any leftovers, reheat them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes. They will taste fresh as new.
- Pat wings dry before seasoning. To ensure the seasoning sticks, pat raw wings with paper towels to remove excess moisture. This will also help them crisp up nicely.
Give avocado oil cooking spray a go. If you havent tried avocado oil cooking spray, this recipe is an awesome time to try it out. It has a wonderful, nutty flavor and it stands up to high heat well.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
- Single Layer: Make sure your wings are in a single layer in your air fryer and are not stacked on top of each other. This will ensure they are crispy and perfectly cooked!
- Dry The Chicken: If you have to rinse the chicken wings for any reason, pat them dry with paper towels to remove any extra water. This will help keep the wings crispy when air fried.
- How To Buy Wings: You can purchase chicken wings as a whole wing or broken down into drums and wings. We like to purchase them already separated, but you can separate them yourself if you accidentally bought the connected ones.
If you love chicken wings, you really have to try these air fryer chicken wings! They cook in half the time, when compared to an oven, and are way crispier. This recipe is also low carb and keto, so you dont have to break your diet for this game day favorite!
If you are looking for more game day eats to serve in addition to these air fryer chicken wings, we really recommend these easy ideas:
Also Check: Jimmy Dean Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe:
Chicken wings in the air fryer is brilliant and you will be making chicken way more often if you try them in the air fryer. The forced circulating hot air makes the skin super crisp which is difficult to achieve in a conventional oven and the center is perfectly cooked, tender and juicy.
Air fried chicken wings cook time is just 16 minutes . Theres no need to preheat an air fryer which makes this the fastest crispy chicken wings recipe.
Air Fryer Korean Bbq Chicken Wings
Perfect for game days, appetizers, or a full meal, these Air Fryer Korean BBQ Chicken Wings are an easy and outrageously tasty recipe that comes together in just 30 minutes!
Theres hardly anyone who will turn down a plate of hot, spicy, and sticky chicken wings, so be assured that this recipe will be a family favorite no matter what the occasion. The best part is theres no messy deep frying to worry about since all you need is a convenient air fryer!
Don’t Miss: How To Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
How To Make Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
NOTE:This recipe was made using the Cosori Air Fryer. If you’re using a different air fryer, you may need to adjust your cooking time accordingly. Smaller wings will cook faster than larger wings.
These are seriously the best air fryer chicken wings and they’re so easy to make with such simple ingredients.
Round Out Your Party Appetizers
These lemon pepper chicken wings are just one essential party food. Heres a few others youll need for the ultimate appetizer spread.
- Best Ever Guacamole: A bowl of fresh guac always belongs on a party table!
- French Onion Dip: If youve got french onion lovers, this homemade creamy dip will surely be a hit.
- Best Ever Chili: Serve up mini bowls of chili, or use it as a dip with tortilla chips!
- Coleslaw: You can never go wrong with coleslaw. And for those who arent a fan of mayo theyll love this vinegar coleslaw!
- Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers: Who can resist cheesy stuffed peppers with crispy bacon bits?
Theres always a time and place for these crispy air fryer chicken wings. The next time you make them, Id love to hear what you think of them in a comment below!
Why Use An Air Fryer
An air fryer acts as a convection oven so it works as both an oven and a fryer. What makes that so awesome is that its also a healthier way to prepare your food. You wont need to use as much oil with an air fryer since the ability to fry or crisp the food is built right into how the appliance is engineered due to the constant circulation of hot air.
Also, cooking time is usually scaled-down with an air fryer which makes it an efficient way to cook.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer To Cook Wings
Air fryers are one of the most popular cooking appliances in the market. They are an alternative to deep frying that doesnt require any oil or butter. They use hot air to cook food and they only need a little bit of oil for better taste.
The benefits of using an air fryer to cook wings are that it is healthier than deep-frying since there is no oil used, it is quicker, and it cooks food with more flavor than oven or stovetop cooking. This article will cover this topic in more detail so you can know everything about these benefits.
Air fryers are safer than stovetops when it comes to the risk of fire because they dont use any direct heat source which means that if grease does happen to splatter, the grease will just fly.
Read Also: Bella Pro Air Fryer 6-qt
Tips To Get The Crispiest Wings
These wings are definitely restaurant worthy. This will be your new tried and true to get your wing fix, I promise. Cooking them in the Air Fryer just makes them so easy. If you havent gotten on the Air Fryer band wagon its definitely time.
- Wings: As mentioned above, you can buy wings in two ways. They come whole or they come trimmed or broken down into parts: The drumette and the wingette. You definitely want to cook these in their parts, not whole. The whole wings are cheaper but it takes a lot of work to break them down. Its worth paying a little bit more for the work to be already done.
- Dry: Patting the wings dry before adding the oil and seasoning will help them get even crispier. Itll remove any excess water which can slow the cooking and cause them to steam. Theyll still get cooked but wont be as crispy. Use paper towels to pat them down, or even keep them in the fridge uncovered before seasoning to help dehydrate them.
- Turn it up: If you desire an extra crisp almost char to your wings, turn the air fryer up 20 degrees the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Stand them Up: Line the chicken wings standing upright along the sides of the air fryer. This is a great little trick if you need to fit them all in. It doesnt affect how theyre cooked, but gets them all in. Ill admit I havent tried this tip yet, but I heard about it and cant wait to try it out the next time I make these.
Best Damn Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Use your air fryer to make crispy chicken wings that are seasoned to tender, juicy perfection. Awesome for any meal, party, event or any time you just want to enjoy chicken wings. Your air fryer is the ideal kitchen appliance to make you a chicken wing superstar!
With a simple mix of ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry, you can make chicken wings that will rival any store bought or restaurant wings. The combination of herbs and spices will leave reaching for more. You cant put them down, theyre just that good.
Read Also: Air Fryer Fold Up