Who Can Enjoy The Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
The frozen French fries are a delicious side dish to be enjoyed by both the children and adults alike. It helps greatly in the family when the children are famished and you really need something quick and easy to cook. This helps the children hold their hunger pangs before dinner is served.
More so, they serve as the best treat for families as they put much on it while relaxing at home or watching the television.
What French Fries To Use
There are so many different brands of frozen French fries you can buy. Which one you use really depends on your own preferences. We use Ore Ida extra crispy fast food fries most often. Their golden fries are very good as well.
Other brands we really like are Alexia House Cut Fries and Market Pantry Crispy Shoestring Fries. McCain fast food fries are also quite good.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Frozen Fries
- Shake it up: To make sure your fires all get crispy and cooked evenly be sure to toss them gently half way through. Youll want to rotate the bottom to the top and move them around. You can shake them up more than once, if youd like. Some air fryers rotate, but youll still want to check and see how theyre doing half way through.
- Dont Overfill: For frozen fries you dont want to fill your air fryer more than half to ¾ full. You do not have to put frozen fries in a single layer, but you for do not want to over crowd the basket. You may end up with undercooked fries.
- Crispier: Depending on the thickness and type of fry you use, you might need to increase or decrease the cooking time. The longer you cook the fries, the crispier they will become.
Also Check: Pierre Chicken Cordon Bleu Air Fryer
Do I Need To Defrost Frozen French Fries Before Frying
No! Take it from me – do not thaw the fries before air frying!
With all of the advice you’ve seen around the web about water being the enemy of a crispy crunchy finish, it may seem counter-intuitive to put frozen potatoes right into an air fryer.
However, freezing peeled, cut potatoes creates an outside seal that keeps the moisture inside the potato flesh.
Thawing your frozen fries will cause moisture to leak out and your fries won’t crisp up properly.
Nobody wants a pile of mushy fries!
Toss them right into your air fryer and cook them at a high temperature, and you’ll have beautifully crisp fries in minutes!
How To Make Frozen Fries In Air Fryer
First, youll want to pre-heat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit .
This is very important! If you just throw them in without preheating they will likely turn out too crunchy.
Next, spread the french fries out evenly in the basket.
Its ok if some are overlapping but Id avoid putting too many in at once.
I think overloading the air fryer is the #1 reason frozen french fries dont turn out they way you want.
I wouldnt fill it up to the very top, but just put in a layer or two.
Set your timer for 10 minutes.
Note: Cooking time will vary depending on how thick your fries are! Shoestring fries will take less time, thick-cut fries more time.
Half way through, shake the basket vigorously you want to make sure the fries on the bottom have moved up to the top.
Check the fries at ten minutes. If they arent golden and crispy enough, add a few more minutes.
When they are done to your liking, shake them out onto a plate and add salt if desired .
And thats it! Perfect frozen french fries in the air fryer.
Read Also: Instant Pot Duo Crisp Dehydrator Recipes
About Halfway Through Cooking Shake The Basket And Gently Turn The Fries
How to air fry frozen french fries. If youre looking to air fry from frozen, keep reading. Give the basket a gentle shake to even out the fries. Air fry french fries at 400 degrees for 16 minutes.
Directions for air fryer frozen french fries. But if youre looking for something that is even faster and easier, then frozen french fries in the air fryer are the way to go! I used to make frozen french fries by baking them in the oven as id like to avoid deep.
Preheat your air fryer to 400f. Place as many as will fit in a single layer in the basket or on the crisper plate. We are back on the air fryer bandwagon today with one of my favorites:
If you are cooking shoestring fries, cook for 12 minutes. Frozen foods like these sweet potato fries, french fries, chicken tenders, and more can be stacked in the air fryer. Set temperature for 400 degrees f.
For softer or thinner fries, decrease time. Waffle cut, crinkle cut, or steak fries: At 400f you can get crisp fries done in 15 minutes or less!
The perfect air fried french fries. 15 minutes at 400 degrees f, tossing or shaking once halfway through. Since all frozen french fries are different, its very important to keep a close eye on them to make sure they dont overcook.
About halfway through, shake basket around and toss fries to help them evenly cook. Place air fryer basket into air fryer unit. Set the timer for 10 minutes and start air frying.
Frozen French Fries Air Fryer Recipe
I am happy to tell you today that you can cook any size of fries or potatoes fresh or frozen in your air fryer. I love steak fries and I mostly get the seasoned chips from Aldi but my children love their French fries.
When I cant win the argument, I settle and let them win. I cant blame them, it is utterly crispy, delicious and can pass for a good afternoon snack.
While it is possible to make chips from scratch at home, it is always not feasible because life does happen and as humans, you go for the easiest option sometimes. In this case a frozen bag of chips.
I agree it is convenient and you would mostly catch me cooking frozen chips when I am entertaining guests. On this note, no judgement! Lets air fry this frozen goodness in easy steps.
Related post: do you love your potato chips or fries but do not own an air fryer? I have got you covered with my homemade oven chips recipe. it is absolutely the best.
You May Like: Gourmia Gcr1700
Reasons To Make Frozen Fries In An Air Fryer
- They taste SO much better than oven baked fries that there truly is no comparison.
- You can whip up a batch of your favorite fries in less time than it takes to run to your nearby drive-thru.
- Healthier than fried. While I wont try and convince you that these are health food, air frying fries is a better option than deep frying them.
- Easy clean up. While I enjoy my fried foods, I despise the clean up, and smell, that comes with using my deep fryer. No muss, no fuss, no fried smell when you go the air fryer rout.
How To Air Fry Frozen French Fries:
- Pour your frozen fries into the air basket. It is fine to let them stack, but try not to fill your basket more than half way up.
- Spritz your fries with vegetable oil with a pump spray bottle. Then shake the basket and spritz again. We dont recommend non-stick spray cans for this.
- Cook your fries at 390 degrees for 20 minutes. Shake the basket after 10 minutes of cooking and then shake and check again at 15 minutes.
- Test your fry for crispiness and continue cooking two minutes at a time until you get your desired crispiness. This is an important step as fries vary in thickness. Our 20 minute guideline is based on a McDonalds size French fry. Thicker ones will take a bit longer.
Whats So Special About These Air Fryer French Fries
This recipe is amazing because of many reasons, here are a few:
- They will be ready in about 15 minutes!
- These air fryer fries are the perfect quick snack for adults and children alike.
- Less oil, more fries! Thats the motto fo this recipe Air fryer these frozen French fries makes them slightly healthier too!
You May Like: What Is The Smallest Air Fryer
How Long To Air Fry Frozen French Fries
Cook the frozen fries for 18-20 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer model and the amount of French Fries youre cooking.
Be sure to cook the fries in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
If you like your fries more on the crispy side, youll want to cook them longer.
Cooking time can also change based on the type of frozen fries youre cooking. If youre cooking thinner fries, they may not take as long. Frozen steak fries will definitely take longer.
Just keep your eye on the fries and be sure to shake the basket about halfway through your anticipated cooking time so the French fries get moved around.
You cant go wrong cooking fries in the air fryer! You dont have to heat the oven and in a short time, you have delicious French fries that will rival take out!
Don’t Miss: Fold Up Air Fryer
How To Serve Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
These french fries are going to be so tempting you may not need to worry about serving them with sauces. Theyll be gone before you can get them out of the basket. But if you can keep the fingers out of the air fryer, there are many ways to serve these frozen french fries. Ketchup is the original sauce that was made for french fries, but there are other sauces to dunk these air fryer fries in.
- Fry Sauce: This amazing sauce was solely invented to go with french fries. Its a grown up version of ketchup and it is divine. In my home it has replaced ketchup and mayo on hamburgers even. Its so good!
- Yum Yum Sauce: This popular sauce is light, sweet and tangy! An excellent choice!
- Cheese Sauce: Cover the golden fries in a rich thick cheesy sauce thats going to knock your socks off.
- Ranch Dressing: As my kids would say, everythings better with ranch dressing!
- Make your Own Sauce: Mix your favorite spices with a bit of mayo and ketchup to create a unique sauce of your own. Add chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder with mayo and ketchup for a spicy western sauce thats awesome. There are lots of possibilities.
How Long Should These Be Cooked
There are a few things you want to keep in mind when making these, the first is that all air fryers heat differently, even the same brand. Its true!
I have found that the perfect time for us is 400 degrees for 20 minutes, it gives them the crisp taste I want in a french fry. This recipe will suggest 20 minutes, which has been the perfect time for our french fries, Id suggest checking in on them around 18 minutes to be sure that yours cook to your preferred crispness.
If you love these, then youll love making these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls!
Read Also: Bella Pro Air Fryer 6-qt
How Do You Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF.
- Add frozen fries to the air fryer basket.
- Spray lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt or seasoning to taste.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, tossing the fries every 4 minutes for best results.
- Some frozen french fries have air fryer instructions on the bag. Use those if the manufacturer supplies them!
Ideas To Make Your Fries A Little Better:
First, there are different seasonings. A good homemade seasoning has paprika and garlic at a minimum. I am a fan of this seasoning recipe from Little Sunny Kitchen.
You can also use a little bit of store-bought seasoned salt if you like. A personal favorite for a little spice is Tonys creole seasoning.
Of course, you know about dipping in ketchup. Maybe even dipping in ranch dressing. But have you ever had fry sauce? It is basically mayo, ketchup, and vinegar. It is great on fries or on a burger!
Don’t Miss: Barber Chicken In Air Fryer
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Fries In The Air Fryer
No need to search for air fryer frozen french fries time. Frozen french fries take about 15 minutes to make in the air fryer.
You will want to shake the basket half-way through for even cooking. If you want extra crispy french fries, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Needless to say cooking frozen fries this way is so much more efficient than in the oven. They become crispy and cook perfectly in the air fryer.
No more soggy frozen fries in this house!
Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
How to make frozen fries in ninja air fryer. How long does it take to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer? Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. Arrange the frozen crinkle fries in a single layer.
Cook frozen fries at a medium temperature. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees f for 5 minutes. Spray with extra virgin olive oil.
Place the fries in the air fryer, add a dash of garlic salt. Cut the cassava into even size baton then boil for 5 minutes. After 3 minutes, place fries on the crisper plate
When the air fryer is ready, take the basket out. Done in less than 15 minutes Clean and dry the potatoes.
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees f. If you used 4 potatoes, you will need to use a baking pan for half of the fries. For frozen french fries, preheat your air fryer to 400°.
For even cooking, it is better to cook in a couple small batches instead of a big overfilled batch. Season with salt & pepper, if desired. Cook these for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, if preferred after 10 minutes, carefully open the air fryer, mix or shake up the french fries,.
The ninja foodi is a great appliance to air fry frozen french fries! put back the basket, and. All you need to do is put them straight in the air fryer.
Dump frozen fries into air fryer basket. At this point, you might add seasonings if you like. After 3 minutes, add fries to basket
Cooking frozen fries in an air fryer is a more convenient and healthier alternative to deep frying.
Pin On Recipes
Pin On Easy Recipes
Recommended Reading: Reviews Of Gourmia Air Fryer
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer French Fries
- Should I use oil? I have never used oil to make fries in my non-stick air fryer and have found they crisp up perfectly without it. If you have an air fryer that isnt non-stick or tends to have food stick to it, you can spritz a light layer of olive or coconut oil on the bottom of the basket before adding the fries.
- Dont overcrowd the basket. You dont need to have a single layer on the bottom of the basket a few overlapping into a second layer is fine. I generally use half a packet in my 3.2 litre / 3.3 quarts air fryer. You may need to cook in batches if this isnt enough to cover the amount of people youre serving.
- Shake the basket. Give the basket a good shake every 5 minutes to make sure all the fries cook evenly.
- Cook until crispy. Similar to ovens, air fryers can have different cooking times so if 15 minutes isnt enough to get the fries nice and crunchy feel free to leave them on for another 5 minutes or so.
Only 3 Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Cooking frozen French fries in the air fryer is completely effortless. Theres no need to add oil so you only need to mix the fries with salt and black pepper if they are not pre-seasoned:
- Frozen French fries
- Freshly ground black pepper
I love my Ninja Air Fryer which is versatile and reliable. Mine has 4-quart capacity, and I cooked my 1-pound frozen French fries in two loads to avoid overcrowding.
You May Like: Gourmia Gaf735
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients: With just a few simple ingredients, youll have crispy fries ready in no time! We love this recipe because the prep time is so low!
- Versatile: Serve these fries as an early appetizer before dinner or with your favorite onion rings as a side dish. You can even dress the fries up to be your main entree!
- Family-friendly: Kids always love French fries, right? Totally kid-friendly, these fries are the perfect healthy snack addition for childrens lunches and lunchboxes.
- Healthy: Made with whole ingredients only, these simple air fryer French fries are nutritious, guilt-free, gluten-free and a great vegetarian side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Quick: These air fryer frozen French fries are made in less than 30 minutes! The cooking process is so simple!
Homemade Ketchup And Other Dipping Sauces
I have included a recipe for homemade ketchup because I really like to treat myself once in a while. It is also a good conversation topic. This is definitely the more labor intensive part of the recipe. However, this lovely ketchup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and enjoyed on other foods, such as hamburgers, meatloaf, and zucchini sticks.
There are other dipping sauces for French fries that you might want to try. These include:
- Spicy chili sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Cheese sauce
Ketchup, or catsup, is a tomato based condiment that is sweetened with sugar and seasoned with fresh and dried aromatics and spices. This recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and molasses. Feel free to use brown sugar or honey, if that is what you have in your pantry.
While the spices are a bit complex, you can easily just use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and skip the fresh aromatics. It will still be good. If you want to infuse more flavor, add chopped jalapeno peppers and cumin, cooked bacon crumbles, or a spoonful of prepared horseradish.
Also Check: Folding Air Fryer