The Crispiest Air Fryer French Fries
The air fryer method for making homemade French fries is the easiest method for cooking fries. Not only is it so easy to make, but they are also much healthier than frying in oil.
Can I Air Fry Baked Potatoes From The Instant Pot
Yes you can precook your potatoes in the instant pot before adding them to the air fryer with the spices and oil to crisp up the skin. If you do it this way you will reduce the cooking time drastically. Just make sure you Pat them dry when your potatoes come out of the instant pot before adding the spices and the olive oil.
You will also need to reduce the cooking time in the air fryer as you will only be using this to crisp the skins up. You then follow the rest of the recipe as above.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Baked Potato
You’ll love this Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe because it’s simple, takes minimal effort, and makes for easy meal prep! No need to wrap potatoes in foil and wait for ages. This easy Air Fryer recipe can act as your main dish, game-day snacks, or as a tasty side dish for almost any meal, like Air Fryer Filet Mignon or Lobster Tails.
Recommended Reading: Convection Oven And Air Fryer
Kitchen Tips For Air Frying Potatoes
- Reheat: You can reheat your potatoes in the Air Fryer instead of putting them in the microwave. This is the best cooking method to reheat because the skin will be crispy instead of soggy.
- Don’t overcrowd: Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, you can put around four medium potatoes or three larger potatoes in the basket. However, you don’t want to overcrowd in the oven space or air frying basket, or else they won’t cook properly.
Baked Potato In The Microwave:
This method is the fastest by a lot! If you need a baked potato done super quickly, then cooking it in the microwave is the way to go.
The cons are that the skin will not be crispy , and there can be some unevenness in the cooked potato since microwaves dont always heat things evenly.
But it still works pretty well, and if you are somewhere that doesnt have an oven or air fryer this may be a useful method.
Before baking, rinse off and scrub the potatoes well. Even if you dont plan to eat the skin, getting the potato clean is important for any of these cooking methods.
Don’t Miss: Things You Can Cook With An Air Fryer
What Are Additional Toppings Good For Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
You can top baked potatoes in the air fryer with anything you like.
Some of our favorites include:
-Butter and salt
The possibilities are endless try out a few different toppings and see which ones you like best.
Youll love the flavor and texture that air frying adds to baked potatoes.
Baked Potato In The Oven:
This is the most common, classic way to bake a potato. The skin can be crispy, the inside of the potato will be perfectly cooked through, and it will make your kitchen smell lovely.
The only con is that this method takes the longest, and if its a warm weather time of the year, you may not want to crank your oven on for long periods.
Read Also: Oster Air Fryer Oven Costco
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
Pro Tip: Be careful not to overcook the pork chops, or theyll become chewy and dry. One of our favorite tools for fail-proof meats is an instant-read thermometer. Air fry until the internal temperature reaches 145 in the thickest portion of the pork chops.
Baked Potato In The Air Fryer:
This method is similar to the oven in that the skin can be crispy and the potato can be cooked perfectly. This method also takes less time, and probably less energy since you are using a small appliance rather than the oven.
Possible cons would be if you dont own an air fryer, or if you want to cook something else to go with this in the air fryer, then you may have to work in batches, which is not ideal.
Read Also: Cuisinart Air Fryer And Convection Oven
How To Air Fry A Baked Potato
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer at 375 while youre prepping the potatoes.
STEP TWO: Scrub each potato & thoroughly dry. Poke a couple holes in each potato with a fork and then rub with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
STEP THREE: Place the potatoes into the air fryer, making sure theyre not touching, and cook for 35 minutes or until fork tender.
STEP FOUR: Use tongs to transfer the hot potatoes from the air fryer to a plate. Carefully slice each open with a knife and load with toppings butter, sour cream, black pepper, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, chives
What Step You Should Follow: :
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the potato into thin wedges. They will not cook evenly in the air fryer if they are too thick.
3. Toss the potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper, making sure they are well coated.
4. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place them in the air fryer. Make sure that they are in a single layer and not overlapping.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Serve hot!
Don’t Miss: Air Fryers Sold At Walmart
How Long Does It Take To Cook Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer
The length of time you can use to cook baked potatoes in an air fryer depends on the capacity of the air fryer, the size of the potatoes, and the quantity you want to cook at the same time.
Typically, it takes less than 40 minutes to cook baked potatoes in an air fryer. It could take longer based on the factors that were earlier mentioned.
Benefits Of Using Air Fryer To Reheat Food
- It uses a lot less electricity since theres no need to turn on the oven.
- The food comes out crispy and evenly cooked, so theres no need to worry about anything being burnt or undercooked.
- You can reheat a wide variety of foods in an air fryer, from vegetables to meats.
- The air fryer circulates dry heat around the food making it cook much more quickly than if using the oven.
Read Also: Bacon In Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
An air fryer is a great option for cooking all of your favorite fried recipes without the extra grease and its much faster than baking. We love air fryer recipes from Air Fryer Chicken Wings to Crispy Bacon and now these pork chops!
Air Frying is quick and leaves your food crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Can I Reheat Baked Potato In The Air Fryer
Yes! If you happen to have leftover potatoes and would like to crisp them back up toss them back into the air fryer for about 4 to 5 minutes, at 400°F, and enjoy all over again.
If you want to save time and bake the best baked potato with a crispy skin and perfect fluffy inside, you need to try this easy recipe to bake potatoes in your air fryer!
Please leave a review/comment below letting me know how they turn out for you!
Also Check: Ninja Air Fryer Wire Rack
Air Fryer Baked Potato Toppings
Some of my favorites are:
- Loaded: cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, sliced olives, etc.
- Spinach-Artichoke Baked Potatoes topped with spinach and artichoke.
- Sloppy Joes Baked Potatoes filled with Sloppy Joes meat and topped with melted cheese.
- Bacon Stuffed Potatoes topped with bacon and cheese.
- Pepperoni Baked Potato topped with classic pepperoni pizza toppings
- Broccoli Cheese Baked Potatoes topped with broccoli and shredded cheese.
Should I Wrap My Potato In Foil Before Air Frying
You can skip this step for your baked potato in the air fryer. We are aiming for a potato that is fluffy and light on the inside with crispy skin on the outside.
Wrapping your air fryer baked potato in foil will result in soggy skin and sad potatoes. Do yourself a favor skip this step and save your foil. Your potatoes and family will thank you.
Recommended Reading: Cuisinart Air Fryer Convection Toaster Oven Reviews
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- Half the cooking time. A traditional oven-baked potato typically takes 60-90 minutes to cook . Using an air fryer cuts the cooking time in half!!
- Doesnt heat your entire house. Like a conventional oven, an air fryer doesnt turn your house into a sauna.
- More flavorful than oven-baked potatoes. The beauty of air frying potatoes ensures they cook evenly and precisely.
- Healthy and delicious. Contrary to popular belief, potatoes are packed with fiber and are extremely filling! Top it with some Greek yogurt, cheese, and fresh veggies and youve got a balanced meal!
What I love about air frying potatoes is that is guarantees consistent results every single time. You will have perfectly cooked potatoes that are just begging for you to add some butter and salt to and dig in!
How To Bake A Potato In The Air Fryer:
- Wash the potato and pat dry.
- Using a fork, poke 5+ shallow holes all over the potato.
- Brush the outside with a little oil and/or butter. Season with salt.
- Air fry at 400°F for 30 minutes, flipping once in the middle of the bake time.
- Check by piercing with the sharp knife. If the knife easily slides in, the potato is done.
More Air Fryer Recipes you might enjoy:
Recommended Reading: Power Xl Air Fryer Pro
Ingredients For The Best Fries
The ingredients needed for homemade fries are so simple and you most likely already have them in your kitchen.
- Potatoes For this recipe we use russet potatoes you can also use yukon gold potatoes.
- Oil This recipe calls for olive oil but you can use vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Seasoning We season the fries with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder, but you can use any of your go-to spices.
How To Serve Baked Potatoes
There are so many delicious ways to eat a baked potato!
A pat of butter, fresh herbs, and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper is a simple, but scrumptious way to enjoy your potato.
But if you’re looking to jazz up your potatoes, try some of these toppings ideas:
Load them with crumbled strips of crispy Air Fryer Bacon, plus your favorite shreddedcheese and a dollop of sour cream. Yum!
Season with taco seasoning, black beans, and diced tomatoes or your favorite salsa for a Mexican-style masterpiece!
Smother your air fryer potatoes with cheese sauce and top them with Air Fryer Broccoli. It’s a combination that is simply out-of-this-world!
Read Also: Over Range Air Fryer Microwave
How Do You Know When A Baked Potato Is Done
The cook time of the baked potato will slightly vary depending on the size of the potato and your air fryer machine. Small potatoes will take less time while larger and thicker potatoes will take longer. Cook until you can easily pierce into the center of the potatoes with a knife. If your potatoes need a longer cooking time, just return the basket to the air fryer and cook another 3-5 minutes at a time.
Baked Potato Topping Ideas
- You can either enjoy your air fryer baked potatoes plain with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes , and a small piece of butter.
- OR, you can load your baked potatoes with your favorite toppings! Such as sauted mushrooms, butter, mayo, cheese, beans
- In the picture below, I topped mine with a cherry tomato pico de gallo and smashed avocado.
You May Like: Cooking With An Air Fryer Oven
How Do I Prepare Potatoes For Air Frying
The key to prepping potatoes is to wash the potatoes. I highly recommend getting a brush for cleaning your potatoes. You would be surprised how much dirt you can get off the potatoes.
But, after you scrub the potatoes, dry them off. Excess water can prevent the skin from getting crispy, so let them air dry or dry with a soft cloth.
Use a fork or knife to poke holes into the potatoes. This will allow heat to get inside of the potato so they cook evenly and wont explode! Now you are ready to air fry baked potatoes.
The Last Method I Tested Out Involved Baking The Potato In The Oven
I used a fork to poke 12 holes all over the potato so moisture could escape while it cooked.
Poking the fork in and out of the spud was just as labor-intensive as it was with the microwave method, mainly because the fork kept getting stuck.
Before I placed it in the oven, I coated the potato in oil and salt. Then I cooked it right on the oven rack for an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also Check: Air Fryer Oven Best Rated
Toaster Oven Air Fryer Tips
While cooking a whole potato in an air fryer toaster oven takes about the same amount of time there are a few adjustments you might want to make.
Lower The Temperature. For our ovens, lowering the temperature to 375°F helped to keep the potatoes from over-browning before they could cook through the center. If your oven runs hot or the air fry setting is really intense, you may have better results with an even lower temperature like 350°F.
Use a Pan To Catch Drips. The little holes in an air fry basket make it great for circulating heated air around the food and crisping it up. But if youre cooking something that might drip and dont have a pan underneath the basket there is the potential for things to get messy.
One of our air fryers is designed in a way that makes it difficult to use a pan with the basket. To bake potatoes, I like to swap the basket for my trusty quarter sheet pan/wire rack combo. The potatoes bake up nicely without leaving a mess behind to clean up!
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Fried Rice is one of my favorite air fryer meals to make, and it cooks up all in one pan in one appliance.
Try making Air Fryer Cookies when you want to enjoy a hot, fresh from the “oven” treat. Did you know you can make cookies in the air fryer?
We have a sister site where we share all types of air fryer recipes, even meat based ones. If you’re interested, head over there and see our Air Fryer Lamb Chops recipe. If you are looking for super easy recipes, check out these 13 easy recipes for your air fryer!
Don’t Miss: Samsung Wall Oven With Air Fryer
How To Make Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer
This section tells you a recap of how to make an air fryer baked potato. For more precise steps please see the recipe card below
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for this air fryer baked potato, please see the recipe below.
First I Used A Quick Microwave Method To Cook My Potato
Using the microwave took almost zero effort.
The only downside was having to poke the uncooked potato with a fork, which wasn’t super easy and slowed me down a bit.
I also didn’t like worrying whether or not I pricked it enough times to ensure it wouldn’t pop in the microwave.
After poking the potato about 10 times, I put it in the microwave on high for five minutes, turned it over, and cooked it for another five minutes.
You May Like: Air Fryers How Do They Work
Finishing Your Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Slice them open show the fluffy potato inside and a generous lump of butter to the middle of the potato. This will melt through the rest of the fluffy part of the potatoes.
Now its time to add the fresh herbs and spices and then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
To really make this recipe extra tasty, you can serve with sour cream. This adds a little freshness to this recipe and makes it really irresistible.
The Best Baked Potato Toppings:
In my humble opinion the best approach for baked potato toppings is setting up a salad bar like selection of toppings!
In my potato bar dreams there would be the following options:
- Mo butta is mo betta!
- Taco meat
Of course, I would never put all these toppings on one potato , but it is nice to have these options for whatever I am in the mood for any given day!
Read Also: Best Air Fryer For Cheap