How To Make Them Your Own
The easiest way to make air fryer chicken breasts your own special recipe is by changing up the seasoning. Choose the seasoning, homemade or purchased, that best complements the meal youre preparing. If youre going Mexican, try seasoning the chicken with taco seasoning or fajita seasoning. Thinking of pasta tonight? Season the chicken with Italian seasoning. Having a salad? Try ranch seasoning or a dry bbq rub.
If youre looking for beef, air fryer steak bites with cowboy sauce from Best Beef Recipes look incredible! I cant wait to try that sauce! Air fryer hamburgers from The Busted Oven look like a great weeknight go-to, too.
How To Cook Boneless Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer
This is the breaded version, for unbreaded version instructions scroll down.
Step 1. Start by slicing the boneless skinless chicken breast into cutlets. For the chicken to cook quicker, you will need thinner strips.
Step 2. Drizzle with one tablespoon of oil, and distribute with your hand so that the chicken is well coated in oil.
Step 3. Prepare the breading/coating. In a semi-shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs with all the seasonings that youre using. This depends on your taste, but I normally like to add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt.
Seasoning the chicken is very important, the seasonings are added with the breading here so if you skip this step you will end up with bland tasting chicken.
If you like your chicken spicy, add more chili powder or dried chili flakes! Mix the coating.
Step 4. Coat each chicken piece in the bread crumbs mixture. Make sure that the chicken is well-coated and there are no excess breadcrumbs.
Step 5. Preheat your air fryer at 390°F . I usually switch it on about 5 minutes prior to cooking. This ensures that the chicken does not dry out.
Step 6. Transfer your chicken to the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your basket, you can add more or fewer pieces at once. I have the 3.2-liter air fryer so I could only fit 2 pieces at once.
The texture of this chicken breast is very similar to Schnitzel, rather than KFCs fried chicken.
Reasons To Love Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- First off, it makes cooking chicken very fast. Its far quicker than cooking in the oven or on the stovetop. No more lengthy downtime waiting for your food to prepare.
- Theres minimal mess, too. You can just wash the air fryer basket and whatever you ate with . Plus, if you prep your chicken in the basket, you kill two birds with one stone. Thats it!
- You can get away with a cooking spray. Thats right, any cooking spray is enough to fry your chicken. Because you use less oil, its far healthier than the alternative, and using half the oil will halve your oil budget. Air fryers also use less electricity than most ovens. Its an economical chicken breast, too!
Read Also: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
What You Need To Make Flavorful Chicken Breasts In Air Fryer
to Get the Top Ten Air Fryer Questions Answered
My Cosori Air Fryer is my favorite of the four that I own! I love how easy it is to make dinner in the basket, and that it even has a chicken preset. But even if you have a different air fryer, this recipe is very simple, and will taste delicious.
Besides an air fryer, to make this juicy chicken recipe, you will need:
- 4- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
I would also suggest a meat thermometer when making meals in the air fryer. This will help safely check the chicken for doneness.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breasts In An Air Fryer
This air fryer chicken breast is cooked perfectly at 380 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. The exact time will depend on how big and thick your chicken breasts are. This timing is for boneless chicken breasts. If you are cooking bone-in chicken breasts, this time will differ.
Your air fried chicken is done when your thermometer reads 165 degrees F at the chickenâs thickest point.
I recommend using an Instant-Read Meat Thermometer to keep an eye on the chicken breast and pulling it out of the air fryer as soon as it hits 165 degrees to get the juiciest chicken possible.
Read Also: Instant Pot Dehydrator Lid
Difference Between Chicken Brine And Marinade
In case youre wondering whats the difference between a brine and marinade, Ill explain quickly:
The main purpose of brine is to tenderize the meat, while the primary purpose of a marinade is to inject flavor. In a brine, meat is submerged in water and salt solution, but in a marinade, the meat is coated with flavorings often containing some type of acid, spices, and herbs.
Lets Make Butter Chicken
Also Check: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Getting To Know Your Air Fryer
Cooking in an air fryer is not actually frying.An air fryer is simply a countertop convection oven that has a fan that circulates hot air quickly and evenly around food. The tornado of fast-flowing air blows through the perforated basket, browning and cooking the food quickly and evenly. Its important to check your air fryers instruction manual before beginning. Some machines require preheating, while others come to temperature rapidly with no wait required. Additionally, while the temperature on most air fryers can be adjusted, others have a single heat setting.
How To Cook Boneless Breaded Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer
- First, cut the breast into cutlets. Thinner strips cook faster than thick ones.
- Next, combine the egg with lemon juice in a shallow bowl.
- Mix panko breadcrumbs with your choice of seasoning in a separate shallow dish. We like cayenne pepper, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. If you dont like it spicy, dont use cayenne pepper. These seasonings really help flavor the chicken.
- Next, coat each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and dredge in panko breadcrumb mix. You want the chicken evenly coated with no leftover breadcrumbs.
- Spray the chicken with cooking oil spray.
- You want to switch your air fryer on about five minutes before cooking, preheating it to 390°F .
- Take your chicken and put it in the air fryer basket. You might need to cook your chicken in batches, depending on the size of your basket.
- Air frying for twelve to fifteen minutes comes next. Flip the chicken after seven-eight minutes using tongs you dont want to burn your hand.
This chicken breast will be more similar in texture to chicken schnitzel than KFC fried chicken, but youll be licking your fingers all the same.
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How To Cook Chicken Breast In An Air Fryer
Like most all other air fryer recipes, Air Fryer Chicken Breast is super quick and easy. Just make sure the chicken breasts are all similar thickness, grease them up, season as you prefer and air fry them.
I can honestly say that I will probably never cook chicken breast in the oven again. Not only is air fried chicken breast quick and easy, it is so juicy too!
How Long To Cook Chicken Tenders In An Air Fryer
Don’t Miss: Nuwave Air Fryer Jcpenney
To Brine Or Not To Brine
Youve probably heard about brining meats such as chicken to make it more tender and juicy. Brining means soaking the chicken in a solution of salt, water, and other spices for a period of time. While this certainly is advantageous for many chicken recipes, we can skip the brining for this one. The fact that were marinating the chicken before cooking will replace the act of brining.
How To Brine Chicken
First, think about the vessel that you will be brining chicken in. You will need a container thats gonna be able to hold the chicken, I used a cast iron pot but its the biggest that I have that can hold my 5-pound chicken.
The percentage of the salt to water is usually between 3-6%, I like to go with 4-5% by weight, thats around 40 or 50 grams of salt for 1 liter of water .
It is important to use kosher salt for brining NOT table salt. The reason behind this is that table salt has very fine grains, it measures differently and will make your chicken too salty. So if its only table salt that you have then use half of the amount of salt needed.
- In a pot or a saucepan, combine ½ cup of water, salt, and the rest of the ingredients . Bring to a boil, whisk until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Pour in the rest of the water , and allow the water to COMPLETELY cool down to room temperature and its even recommended to refrigerate if possible.
- When the water has completely cooled down, submerge the whole chicken in brine breast side down, cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours if using a whole chicken and up to 24 hours.
NOTE: The recipe is adapted from Chef Thomas Kellers chicken brine recipe that he shared in his Masterclass, he uses 10% salt solution, and then air dries the chicken for 2-3 days in the fridge for crispy skin and better texture.
Also Check: Instant Pot Vortex Dehydrator
How To Make Baked Chicken Divan
This is a very simple recipe that can be divided into 3 parts. Once these three parts are ready to go, all that is left is assembling the casserole. Then just bake it in the oven.
Your Frequently Asked Questions Answered
Can you put raw chicken breasts in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook raw meat in an air fryer. A whole chicken may take up to 55 minutes at 360°F to cook in an air fryer. You can even roast chicken, steak or pork in this fantastic kitchen appliance.
Do you have to flip the chicken in an Airfryer?
Its best to flip chicken or any food in the air fryer halfway through the cooking time. Just like you need to turn an omelet over on the pan to cook the other side, you need to flip foods in the air fryer, so that they brown & crisp evenly.
Unlike an oven, the air fryer cooks from the top. Therefore if you want your recipe to cook evenly, always turn, rotate or shake air fryer basket.
How does brining add moisture to meat?
Brining makes the chicken breasts juicy by a process called osmosis. Osmosis is the diffusion of a solution through a semi permeable membrane. The chicken is the semi permeable membrane which absorbs the salt solution. By doing this the meat will be more juicy and tender when cooked.
Do you need oil while cooking the chicken breasts in the air fryer?
Yes you need a bit of oil to cook chicken breasts in the air fryer. The air fry has gained popularity over the past few years as a helpful kitchen appliance because you can make a healthy version of your favorite fried recipes such as fried chicken, pastries, french fries, and potato chips with very little oil.
You May Like: Nuwave Bravo Xl Air Fryer Toaster Oven Reviews
How To Cook Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts In The Air Fryer
You can see another variation of frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer here. I love switching up the seasonings!
What People Dont Like About This Oven
You will never find any home appliance that has no cons. And no appliance indeed comes to fulfill all your demands. Lets take a look at a few drawbacks of this smart oven.
- Whenever you intend to obtain an home appliance, the first thing that comes to mind is just how much it is going to cost. Yes, NUWAVE Bravo XL might appear a bit costly however, for a quality home appliance, you must invest a couple of even more. You ought to additionally think about the reality that the assistance it is offering. When you have the NUWAVE XL Smart, there is no requirement for any type of air fryer or stove at your cooking area.
- It is a usual trouble that the non-stick pots and pans items broken after a particular period. This occurs to mostly all the stove. For a long term of use, this worn-out problem ought to be taken care of.
Don’t Miss: Reviews Of Power Air Fryer 360
Spices In Butter Chicken:
- Garam masala. We talked about garam masala up above, but the full list of ingredients includes cinnamon, mace, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and cardamon pods. So if you dont have any of the spices below, you can always double up on the garam masala instead.
- Cumin. Ground cumin adds a nice smoky note to the butter chicken.
- Fenugreek. While this ingredient is definitely optional if you cant find it, it does add a lovely savory element to the butter chicken.
- Coriander. Ground coriander is actually the seed version of cilantro, so it has a similar flavor profile to it. I find that ground coriander is a little more smoky in flavor and love the way it compliments ground cumin.
- Tumeric. If youve never used turmeric before, now is a great time to start. This vibrant orange spice give dishes a lovely yellow hue and has a nice warm ginger-like flavor to it.
- Brown sugar. To balance out all those spices, you need a little bit of sweetness and brown sugar is my sugar of choice.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
You will make your chicken in the air fryer from now on. Its so easy and fail proof. Never wonder whats for dinner again!
Also Check: What Is The Smallest Air Fryer
Why Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes Work Well
Air fried chicken breasts can yield juicy, moist, tender chicken inside .
Plus, thanks to the air frying method, those air fried chicken breasts can also end up with crunchy or seared exteriors, very, very similar to what would come out of a traditional fryer.
For health-minded cooks who hate compromising on flavor in their quest for better nutrition , this is a total win all around.
The Best Way To Cook Wings In The Air Fryer
Of all of the cuts of chicken, wings have the highest skin-to-meat ratio.
This makes wings ideal for air frying, because all of that skin can become deliciously crisp.
The tricky part of making crispy chicken wings in an air fryer is ensuring that the fat can fully render . If it doesnt, the wings will be soggy and greasy.
While some recipes call for making air fryer chicken wings with flour or air fryer chicken wings with baking soda to crisp them, I found this step tedious and messy.
Adding baking soda or flour also doesnt avoid the grease-factor. Heres what does
Don’t Miss: Power Air Oven Reviews