Cosori Air Fryer Honest Review
Cosori Air Fryer Honest Review includes an unboxing of the max XL 5.8 quart, 1700 electric watt air fryer. The post includes recipes and tips on how to use and clean the air fryer.
I received this air fryer from Cosori for free. All opinions are my own.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is a Cosori air fryer good? I feel like everyone is dying to know. And yes, you can make frozen french fries in the Cosori! If you had asked me earlier this year if I would give up my Power Air Fryer XL, the answer would have been never. It had been my favorite air fryer for quite a while.
I own a total of 5 air fryers now, and prior to Cosori, the Power Air Fryer XL was my favorite. I have had my Cosori for 4 months now and I have used it enough to be able to give it an honest review.
Our Review Of The Cosori Smart Wifi Air Fryer
As youâve gathered by now, the Cosori Smart WiFi Air Fryer is unique in that itâs supported by the VeSync app that connects to the appliance over Wi-Fi. The app has dozens of recipes for breakfast foods, appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts. Once you select a recipe, the app gives you step by step instructions for making the meal, including controlling the air fryer when appropriate.
Within the app, you can access the history of recipes youâve made and save your favorites. When your meal is done cooking, the VeSync app sends your smart device notifications to let you know.
Another smart feature is the ability to plan your meal up to four hours in advance. So, provided the ingredients remain safe at room temperature, you can load your creation into the basket and set the air fryer to cook at a later time.
There are a few recipes I use to test how well an air fryer works. First, the toast test tells me how evenly and quickly the air fryer cooks. I simply place a slice of bread in the air fryer and check on it every minute. In this test, the bread was evenly toasted and ready to eat after four minutes, which is very good.
Next, I made two pounds of French fries from scratch using Yukon gold potatoes. After 30 minutes of cooking, the fries were crispy and golden. My kindergartener couldnât get enough of them.
Using The Cosori Air Fryer
Many air fryers come with preset modes for different types of food, which is something I’m a little wary of because no two dishes are quite the same. However, the Cosori Air Fryer does come with 100 recipes that work with these 14 settings, which include seafood, bread, bacon, root vegetables, and french fries.
The controls on the Cosori Air Fryer are easy to use. It’s digital and you can select from a setting and other buttons by simply pressing the touch panel. You can turn on the air fryer using the central power button. Then, it’s just a case of selecting your preferred setting and adjusting the temperature and time if needed.
Every time you touch a button the Cosori Air Fryer beeps, but the panel is responsive and it’s easy to start, pause and pre-heat. The controls are responsive and show the remaining time when you start the cooking process.
When you pull out the drawer mid-cook the air fryer automatically pauses, and will resume as soon as the drawer is back in place.
The Cosori Air Fryer comes with a large and informative instruction manual and recipe book
The handbook has a page on how to use the presets, which includes adjustments of time and temperature required for different food items. This lets you know which setting to use with meatballs, chicken wings, corn, frozen chicken nuggets and more.
Read Also: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Air Fryer Linersair Fryer Accessories For Power Xlfood Safe Air Fryer Silicone Trayreusable Air Fryer Matsbaking Mat For Ninja/gowise Usa/cosori/instant Pot/nuwave/chefman
- Air Circulation Design – Unique Whirlwind Design Allows Heat Circulation All Around Foods, Create A Rapid And Powerful Flow Heat Air, Which Make The Food Crispy And Saving Your Cooking Time.
- Still Using Disposable Parchment Paper?Stop!Prevent Any Unnecessary Fire Hazards On Highly Flammable Parchment Paper!Try Our Reusable Silicone Liner Is An Eco Friendly & Safe Alternative.foods Are So Easy To Take Out, The Nonstick Coating AirFryer Liners Can Results In Less Residue Left Behind.enjoy Healthy And Delicious Fried Foods
- The AirFryer Liner Is Made From High Quality Food Grade Silicone, Non-Stick, Bpa Free, Healthy & Heat-Resisting, Do Not Worry About Any Hazardous Chemicals, Meeting Your Air Frying Needs.perfect For Air Frying, Steaming, And Oven Baking.
- The Best AirFryer Liners To The Problem That Is Cumbersome To Clean Pan After Using, The Silicone Lining Was Made Of Non-Stick Silicone.the Air Fritter Liners Easy To Clean By Dishwasher.
- 7.8 X 7.8 Inch Round AirFryer Liners, Perfect Fit For 7.8Inch AirFryer Basket, Cake Pan, AirFryer Pot, AirFryer Pan, Or An AirFryer Tray. It Can Also Be Used In 9 To 10 Inch Oval Shape Air Fryer, Or 9Inch Round AirFryer Or Metal Steamer.
Cosori Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo 12 Functions Smart 30l Large Countertop Dehydrator Christmas Gift
- 12 Functions: Enjoy A Keep Warm Feature And 11 Versatile Presets: Rotisserie, Dehydrate, Pizza, Roast, Air Fry, Toast, Bagel, Bake, Broil, Cookies, And Ferment
- Christmas Gift: Time To Get Prepared For Christmas 2021! Get An Amazing Gift And Impressive Christmas Dishes. An Extraordinary Christmas Awaits You
- Thoughtful Design: Set Times And Temperatures More Accurately Than With A Traditional Oven Using The Dial Controls And Digital Led Screen. The Interior Light Also Makes It Easy To Check On Your Meal
- Smart Control: Connect Your Smart Oven To Your Smartphone To Adjust Temperature And Time, Choose Recipes, Control The Oven Light And Convection Fan, Monitor Cooking, Receive Notifications, And Connect To Voice Control
- Requirements: To Access Vesync, A 2.4Ghz Wifi Network Is Required. The Oven’s Rated Power Is 1800W In The Us And Canada
- Large Capacity: The 32Qt/30L Oven Can Easily Fit 6 Slices Of Toast, A 13-Inch Pizza, Or An Entire Rotisserie Chicken, Making It Perfect For Holidays And Family Gatherings
- Healthier Alternatives: Enjoy Air Fried Meals With Up To 85% Less Fat Than Traditionally Fried Foods. Note: The Air Fry Preset May Require Longer Cooking Times Than Standalone Air Fryers
- 100 Original Recipes: Access 100 Original Chef-Made Recipes That Are Updated Monthly In The Vesync App, Or Create And Save Your Own To Share
Recommended Reading: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
Gowise Usa Gwac22003 58
- Modern Touch Screen Design: Sleek And Modern Look With Advanced Touch Screen Menu. New Features Include A Start/Stop Button Allowing You To Change Your Program Mid-Cycle, As Well As A Built-In Alarm Function To Remind You To Shake Your Ingredients In 5, 10, And 15-Minute Increments.
- Healthier Cooking In 30 Min Or Less: Thanks To Rapid Air Technology, You Can Now Experience Your Favorite Food Without The Extra Calories. This AirFryer Can Fry, Bake, Grill And Roast With Little To No Oil.
- Recipe Book Included: Includes 50 Recipes Specifically Made For Gowise Usa Air Fryers. Get Started Today With 50 Step-By-Step Recipes To Explore All That Your New Kitchen Gadget Has To Offer.
- Perfect Mother’s Day Gift Treat The Moms In Your Life To This Family-Sized AirFryer That Will Make It Easy To Create Healthier Versions Of Her Favorite Fried Foods In 30 Minutes Or Less.
- Accessory Kit Included: Includes 8-Inch Baking Pan, 8-Inch Pie/Pizza Pan, Insert Rack, Insert Rack W/ 3 Skewers, Toasting/Warming Rack, And Silicone Pot Holder.
- 8 Preset Cooking Options & Manual Controls: Enjoy 8 Pre-Programmed Cooking Functions Including Fries/Chips, Pork, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Cake, Fish And Pizza. Or, Use The Manual Controls To Customize To Your Needs. This AirFryer Is Equipped With A Wide Temperature Range From 180F To 400F And A Timer For Up To 30 Minutes.
Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven: Cuisinart Toa
If you prefer the versatility and extra space that comes from having an oven-style air fryer, theCuisinart TOA-60 is a great option. We loved the square shape and compact size of this oven . The large knobs were straightforward and easy to use and although this is subjective, we appreciated the lack of LCD screen. There was something about the tactile feel of using separate knobs to select the cooking mode, temperature and timer that made us feel in total control over the cooking process.
One of the primary reasons we chose this model over other oven-style fryers is that its fryer basket is just a little bit deeper than the other ones we tested. Its not by much, but just enough to make it noticeably easier to shake up fries or other loose items you may be air frying. We found shallower baskets are more likely to either send a few fries flying off, or just not allow you to shake them up effectively. The interior light was a nice perk as well, and made it easy to keep an eye on the food inside without opening it up and losing heat.
Performance-wise, theCuisinart TOA-60 cooked food to near perfection and even resulted in our favorite fries of the bunch.
One of the most valuable features of the Cuisinart is its 3-year warranty, the longest of any oven-style version we tested. That Cuisinart stands behind this product should address any concerns with the relatively high cost of this model.
Recommended Reading: Lofter Air Fryer
Dash Compact Air Fryer
- Comes in an assortment of colors
- Homemade fries did not cook evenly
The Dash is perfect for people who cook only for themselves. At 1.7 liters, it has a small footprint that can quickly cook one portion of food. A smaller footprint means it takes up less room on your counter, and a smaller basket means easier cleaning. The Dash has a mechanical timer, which makes it a little tricky to program to the exact minute. The temperature dial also doesnât offer many temperature options, but we use the max 400Â°F temperature to air fry most foods anyway. We love that it comes in an assortment of colors that pop, unlike most air fryers on the market. The aqua, pictured here, is a fave.
Best For The Money: Black+decker Purify 2
Where to buy:
Black + Decker HF110SBD Review
Great value, straightforward and easy-to-use: With the features you want and a brand you trust, the BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer, Black/Stainless Steel, HF110SBD is a good choice. This is especially true if youre searching for a more compact air fryer compared to the larger sized ones. Also true if you want an easy to use machine for a good price.
Dont be fooled by its smaller 2-quart size as this Black+Decker air fryer can still deliver great, healthy results. With dual convection bake fans, arguably one of the best features on this machine, you can be certain youll get fast and crispy results as it circulates hot air around food which evenly cooks all the contents inside. This means there is no need to stir or shake during the cooking process.
Another great feature on this air fryer is the 60-Minute timer. There is no need to hover while the food cooks since you can set a timer and go on about your day. Different cooking times for different types of food? No problem. This air fryer turns off on its own just set it to the correct minute and return when its done to ensure fresh and healthy fried food waiting for you.
The temperature widely ranges from 175-400°F so you can truly get the most out of your air fryer. This gives it the ability to cook many different types of food from frozen food like french fries, vegetables and pizza rolls, to meat, fish and all your favorite fried snacks.
Ninja AF101 Review
Don’t Miss: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
Cleaning The Cosori Air Fryer
Cleaning the Cosori Air Fryer is straightforward. The exterior wipes clean and the basket and drawer can both be washed in the dishwasher.
Both items are quite large so I did find them a bit hard to fit into my dishwasher, but it was easy enough to wash them by hand thanks to the non-stick exterior of the fryer basket and the drawer interior.
The Convection Air Fryer
This is very similar to a regular convection oven only much smaller and designed specifically for cooking small amounts of food at a time rather than an entire meal. Most models will come equipped with various features that allow you to cook different types of foods all at once without having to use multiple appliances.
The temperature usually ranges from 200 degrees Fahrenheit up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit depending on the setting. The food is prepared by being placed either in a dish or directly onto the tray itself before being cooked for between 5-20 minutes, depending on how thick it is and what type of dish you are making.
You May Like: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
Uten Air Fryer Xl 58qt 1700w Electric Hot Air Fryer With Temperature Control & Timer Knob Fast Oven Oilless Cooker With Grill Rack Non Stick Fry Basket Dishwasher Safe Ul Listed
- Cook A Regular Size Chicken Compare To Other Brands Can Only Do French Fries. Large Family Capacity 5.8 Quart Provide Enough Food For 28 People
- Oilless AirFryer Uses Super-Hot Air Instead Of “Oil” To Reduce Calorie Intake By Up To 80%.
- The Auto Shut Off Feature Protects The Food From Getting Overcooked, The Cool-Touch Handle Prevents Burns.
- After The Set Time Is Over, The Timer Bell Will Prompt To Avoid Unnecessary Waiting. The Removable FryerBasket Is Dishwasher-Safe And The Special Nonstick Coating That Keeps Food From Bonding To The Surface
- Up To 30 Mins, 175F-400F, Set The Temperature And Time Freely With Indicator Lights To Make All Kinds Of Ingredients Reach The Ultimate Taste. 1700W High-Power Cooks Food More Quickly
Cleaning: Nonstick For The Win
Cleaning was easy after cooking since a nonstick coating is on both the inner and outer baskets. Even browned bits of cheese slid right off. The baskets are also dishwasher safe, but since they take up a lot of space in the dishwasher, I preferred hand washing the baskets.
Don’t Miss: Instant Air Fryer Dehydrator
Cosori Air Fryer Replacement Basket 58qt
- Easy Clean Up: The Baskets Feature A Durable Non-Stick Coating So You Can Spend Less Time Cleaning And More Time Enjoying Your Meal. Easily Separate The Inner And Outer Baskets For Easy Serving And Clean Up. The Baskets Are Also Dishwasher Safe, Making Cleaning Even Easier
- Certified-Safe: Enjoy Healthy Cooking Without Worrying About Hazardous Chemicals. Our AirFryer Baskets Are Ca Prop 65 Compliant. High-Caliber Materials Make Sure To Meet All Your Air Frying Needs. The Baskets Are Made With High-Caliber Materials To Meet All Of Your Air Frying Needs
- Safe & Convenient Use: Keep Safe With The Cool-Touch Handle And A Safety Guard Over The Button That Separates The Inner And Outer Baskets
- Great Customer Support: Enjoy Cooking With Peace Of Mind! Lifetime Customer Support
- AirFryer Replacement Basket: Only Applies To Cosori Black Cp158-Af, Cs158 & Co158
Gourmia Digital Air Fryer
If you’re not looking to drop a full Ben Franklin on your air fryer, know that you don’t have to but can still nab a quality air fryer oven for relatively cheap. Of the many we tested, the Gourmia was among the least expensive at under $50 but it performed quite well in most of the tests.
This five-quart oven cooked chicken wings especially well with crispy skin and juicy center, and we found the power nearly on par with the Ninja and Dash ovens. It also made very crispy French fries and toasty mozzarella sticks with a gooey center.
One small drawback for this machine is its slightly clumsy build. The basket didn’t slide into the oven as flush as you might want and that could ultimately lead to problems but it didn’t affect my use of it in any way. This air fryer also has a lot of presets which I don’t generally care for since they don’t account for how much food you’re cooking or the size of, let’s say, a chicken wing or thickness of your French fries. I find it’s always better to use a rough preset recommendation and a lot of progress checking the first few times you cook something. That way you’ll learn about the oven and its power for yourself.
All that said, this 4-quart digital air fryer has a lot of oomph for just $60 and it’s a great size for most kitchens.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
An Air Fryer Doesnt Actually Fry Food
Lets get one thing straight right off the bat: Air frying isnt the same thing as deep frying. Air fryers are really mini convection ovens that use a fan to rapidly circulate hot air, cooking food faster and more evenly than a conventional oven would. Convection has been around for more than a century. The first commercially sold convection ovens were developed by the W.L. Maxson Corp. in the 1940s as a way to reheat frozen food for airplanes. And they worked much the same as todays air fryers and convection toaster ovens do: A small fan inside the oven circulates hot air around the food to cook it, crisping the outside in a way that mimics deep frying. But your tastebuds will tell you that the flavor and texture of air-fried food arent anything like those produced by traditionally deep-fried food. .