Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls are an incredibly easy and fast snack, cooked in just minutes! These crispy pizza rolls will make everyone happy, whether they are for the big game, an after school snack, or as a meal!
Because frozen food is already made, these frozen pizza rolls are SO easy! You can cook pizza rolls right from the freezer so there is no need to thaw them.
You will love this making these pizza rolls in the air fryer because the cook time is fast and there is zero prep time. When they are done cooking, you have deliciously crispy air fryer pizza rolls.
How To Cook Pizza Rolls In An Air Fryer
Looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next party, or just a quick snack? Air fryer pizza rolls are the perfect solution!
These delicious little snacks can be made in an air fryer in just minutes, and theyre always a crowd favorite .
Just pop them in the air fryer and in minutes youll have a hot, crispy appetizer that everyone will love, with no need to turn your oven on .
Air frying frozen food is the perfect way to cook them because it is so quick, you are not adding a ton of oil like if you fried them, yet they turn out perfectly crispy.
Scroll down for the printable card for this pizza rolls air fryer recipe, or read on for all the details.
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- When you cook pizza rolls in the air fryer, they come out perfectly crispy outside and perfectly melty and hot inside.Way better results than cooking them in the microwave. Its faster than using the oven, too, and you dont heat up the entire kitchen!
- Air frying is so quick and easy! Since youre cooking the food straight out of the freezer, you just tear open the box or bag and dump the pizza rolls in the basket! Perfect when you just want a snack or something quick to eat.
- The air fryer is also perfect for reheating any leftovers you might end up with. Preheat the air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit and pop the leftovers back in for 2 minutes, or until theyre warmed through and crisp again. The pizza rolls are best when theyre fresh, but theyre delicious reheated, too.
You May Like: Emeril Air Fryer Toaster Oven
How To Cook Pizza Rolls In The Air Fryer
While the three cooking methods mentioned above are popular options for heating up your Totinoâs pizza rolls, once you try cooking them in the air fryer, itll be the only way you make them going forward!
The best part? Cooking these frozen snacks in the air fryer is quick and easy. And they taste amazing!
Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Rolls
I am sure youve seen these babies in the store. There are a few different types, theyre inexpensive, and my teens make them by themselves.
Well, that was after we tested them out to find the exact temperature and cook time we needed to get them perfectly done.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
Also Check: Emeril Lagasse Instant Pot Air Fryer
What Temperature Do You Fry Pizza Rolls
To make these crunchy pizza rolls in the air fryer, begin by placing the rolls in the basket. Cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes. Be sure to shake the basket at the 4 minute mark, which is halfway through the cooking process. They should be crispy on both sides, with a golden finish.
Can You Substitute Crescent Rolls For Pizza Crust
Using pizza crust to make your pizza pockets is a great option, but its not the only dough you can use! Crescent rolls are a delicious substitute for pizza dough, especially when youre making pizza pockets. Since crescent roll dough is lighter and flakier than pizza crust, it creates a great container for holding the pizza filling without overwhelming the dish with too much dough.
Also Check: Air Fryers At Boscov’s
Other Cooking Methods For Frozen Pizza Rolls
You can also make these frozen pizza rolls in the conventional oven, toaster oven, or microwave. I think when you air fry pizza rolls the texture is perfection.
Looking for homemade air fryer pizza rolls? Check out these air fryer loaded pizza rolls made with gooey cheese, tomato sauce, and wonton wrappers.
Oven/microwave Prep Vs Air Frying Frozen Pizza Rolls
Because preparing food in a deep fryer is unhealthy, most adults preparing pizza rolls typically choose to bake them in the oven or prepare them in the microwave. However, even when baked at a high temperature and turned half-way through, the pizza rolls often come out with a soggy, uneven finish. When heated in the microwave, pizza rolls will be heated through, but theyll have a limp, rubbery finish that will give them an unappealing, gummy texture. They still taste okay, but wouldnt it be better if they were cooked all the way through with a crisp, golden finish?
Nothing cooks pizza rolls as well as an air fryer, period.
Thats where the air fryer comes in.
Read Also: Foods To Cook In Air Fryer
Perfect Pizza Rolls In The Air Fryer
Published: Â» By: Kylie Â» This post may contain affiliate links. Â»
Cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer is hands down the easiest way to cook them! They literally take 10 minutes or less and I swear they come out even more crispy than when you bake them in the oven! Air fryer pizza bites are the perfect after-school snack or fast lunch when you’re craving something comforting.
Important Points To Make Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer
Youll need to know the following things to make these pizza rolls properly.
- It would be best if you would manage the time and temperature when using an air fryer. If you dont keep it under control, the pizza rolls may burst. You can lower the temperature after around four minutes. You do not have to finish the cooking within the time limit. If you do it, things may come to a head.
- You may even set the temperature to 390-400°F if youre cooking frozen pizza. I recommend simply setting it to 390°F and lowering the temperature as needed.
- If you want, you can create the pizza rolls from scratch using one of the many recipes available online.
Don’t Miss: Best Air Fryer Amazon Prime
How To Make Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer
The procedure of how to cook pizza rolls in air fryer is straightforward. You start by placing enough pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. The number depends on the size of the air fryer basket. Then, set the cooking temperature to 380 degrees F and time to 8 minutes. Turn the rolls or shake the air fryer basket at 4 minutes. Once time is up and your rolls are crispy and golden on the outside, they are ready for serving.
Image Credit: Fork To Spoon
How To Make Pizza Rolls In An Air Fryer:
- You can add the volume of pizza rolls appropriate for the group you are serving to your air fryer basket. However, be careful not to fill your basket more than halfway to the top to allow for full air flow.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove the basket and gently shake it a bit halfway through cooking.
- If you want crispier pizza rolls, continue cooking in one minute intervals until your desired crispness.
- Watch for the seams to just start to pop thats when we know not to cook them any longer.
Also Check: Instant Vortex 6 Quart 4 In 1 Air Fryer Reviews
How To Make Tasty Bagel Bites Air Fryer
Aug 27, 2022 | Other |
Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Air fryer bagel bites or pizza bagels are the perfect quick snack or meal to have when youre short of time but require a little something to satiate your hunger. Theyre super easy and quick to make theyll be ready in a matter of minutes for you and your family to enjoy. Heres how to make these tasty frozen bagel bites in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls
Think of a cinnamon roll but instead of the sweet filling, it’s filled with your favorite pizza toppings. Pizza rolls in the Air fryer have a nice doughy crust, filled with meat, mozzarella cheese, and toppings rolled up and baked. They are baked nestled together so you get to cook them in one go and pull each one out like a pull-apart bread. They are also called pizza pinwheels and are a fun way to serve pizza. Both kids and adults love them!
The pizza rolls are made from scratch using homemade dough. You can also buy a pre-made pizza dough but making this dough at home is easier than you think. The dough is made with pantry staples you probably have in your kitchen. I even used all-purpose flour because not everyone has self-raising flour at home all the time. So these can be made any time cravings hit or when you want a fun snack.
Choose your favorite pizza toppings to fill these rolls with. The options are endless and you can play to your heart’s content! I used pepperoni, roasted red peppers from the jar, red onions and green olives, and plenty of mozzarella cheese.
Unlike the store-bought frozen pizza roll varieties, these are made at home from scratch and you know exactly what goes into them! Serve them as an after-school snack or as a light dinner. Get the kids involved in and they’ll love it!
For our favorite Air fryer recipes, check the Air fryer Recipe Collection.
Why we love the homemade Pizza rolls/Pinwheels in the Air fryer:
Read Also: Replacement Basket For Power Air Fryer Xl
What To Serve With Your Pizza Rolls:
Start with a dip. Which dip you use will depend on the flavor of pizza roll you select. But here is a list of some of our favorites for you to pair as you wish.
- Ranch dressing Add a few drops of Franks hot sauce to give it a kick!
- Cheese Dip White American and nacho cheese are great. Cheddar is also tasty.
- Ketchup not my favorite, but thats how my mom has always ate pizza rolls.
- Barbecue Sauce Not my personal go to option, but the kids love it!
If you are trying to turn this into more of a full meal you have lots of options also.
- Make pizza nachos drizzle on some warm marinara, sprinkle on cheese, and top with black olives or chopped pepperoni.
- Have a freezer dinner as we call it in my house. Chicken nuggets, french fries, pizza rolls, and other convenice foods all together. Its a great way to clean out your freezer every now and then, if not the healthiest dinner.
- If you want it to be a little healthier, try buffalo cauliflower bites as a side!
- You could also serve them with more pizza rolls, haha. Like you know, different flavors and stuff. A whole pizza roll party!
Nutritional Information For Pizza Rolls:
Pizza Rolls are a popular snack food, but what do they actually contain nutritionally? Lets take a look at the nutritional information for pizza rolls.
A pizza roll typically contains around 190 calories, 9 grams of fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, 20 milligrams of cholesterol, 360 milligrams of sodium, 21 grams of carbohydrates, less than 1 gram of fiber, 2 grams of sugar, and 5 grams of protein.
In addition to these nutrients, pizza rolls also contain various vitamins and minerals. A pizza roll provides 10% of your daily recommended intake of iron and niacin, 6% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin B6 and magnesium, and 4% of your daily recommended intake of calcium.
So, pizza rolls are not the healthiest food you could choose, but theyre not the worst either. If youre looking for a quick and easy snack, pizza rolls can be a decent option. Just be sure to keep an eye on your portion size!
Also Check: Best Air Fryer All In One
Why Youll Love Making Air Fryer Pizza Bites
- Its quick as you dont have to wait to preheat the oven. Especially when I only want like 10 pizza rolls. Traditionally, in the oven, it can take up to 12 minutes at 425°F. In the air fryer, it takes around 5!
- Its super crispy like its been deep fried but with no oil! You dont even need oil to crisp this up in the air fryer.
Angela’s Tips & Recipe Notes
- Preheat your air fryer for crispier pizza rolls!
- Remember when you use your air fryer to never spray aerosolized cooking spray directly on the appliance. This recipe does not call for additional oil anyhow. However, for recipes that do require oil use a pastry brush or paper towel to apply the oil as directed.
- Also, my air fryer make and model is probably not the same as the one you have at home . Use my directions as a general guide but keep an eye on your pizza rolls as they are air frying.
- Be sure to place the pizza rolls in an even layer with no overlap.
Also Check: How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryer
How Long Do Your Air Fry Pizza Rolls For
Our air fryer takes only 6 minutes to produce pizza rolls with a nice golden crust as we pre-heat the oven. If you dont want to pre-heat the oven, youll need to cook them for 8-10 minutes. Air Fryer temperatures do vary from model to model, so its possible your model may take a little less or little more time to cook. Just keep watch the first batch and adjust if needed.
More Recipes Like This One
If you enjoyed these air fryer pizza rolls, be sure to check out some of these other popular snack recipes:
- Air fryer green beans: Crispy, fresh, and healthy green beans made easy!
- Air fryer zucchini: A quick and easy way to serve extra zucchini during the summer months.
- Sopes: Ridged corn cakes topped with refried beans, veggies, dairy-free cheese, and crema.
- Sopitos: A similar version of sopes from the Mexican state of Colima.
- Chickpea fries: Crispy fries made from gluten-free chickpea flour.
- Air fryer cauliflower: Breaded and crispy cauliflower perfect for dipping.
You May Like: Air Fryer Instant Pot Combo
Do I Need To Spray The Basket
No you dont have to spray your air fryer basket with oil or cooking spray before making pizza rolls. Add them directly to the basket and air fry. Air fryer baskets are already have a non stick surface and the pizza rolls arent cooked long enough to stick to it.
You also dont need to line your air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper. However, if you want to cut down on clean up of the air fryer basket you can use the parchment liner or a silicone liner to make clean up easier.
Air Fryer Pizza Pockets
Whether youre searching for a quick dinner idea or a hearty snack, pizza pockets are a great option! But why serve frozen snacks when you can make your own with just a few minutes of prep work using your air fryer? These crescent roll air fryer pizza pockets can be made with just five ingredients, which means youll be able to whip them up in no time. And since theyre packed with pizza flavor, theyre going to be your familys new favorite meal.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
You May Like: Air Fryer Tray For Oven
Will Air Fryers Be Needed To Make Pizza Rolls
Back in 2016, the internet was abuzz with rumors of a new kind of air fryer. It was called the air fryer and it could make pizza rolls. I remember seeing the images on the internet and I was fascinated. It was a revelation! I thought we would never see pizza rolls like this ever again, but lo and behold, this morning I came across this photo on Google images and I have to say, it does look pretty good! But can you actually make these at home with an air fryer? The answer is yes.