How To Cook Frozen Fries In Air Fryer
NOTE: This recipe was made using a Cosori 5.8qt air fryer. If using a different brand air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time by a minute or two to reach the desired doneness.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Start by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Spread the frozen French fries in the air-fryer basket evenly and overlapping as little as possible.
- Cook at 400ºF for 10-15 minutes, gently stirring and flipping the fries half way through. Cook until golden brown and crispy. Season with salt once more if necessary.
As you can see, the fries turned golden brown and crispy after 13 minutes. You can simply serve them as is or pair with your favorite mains.
How To Cook Air Fried Crinkle Cut Fries In The Air Fryer
- You can air fry frozen crinkle cut fries without any extra oil! Just go straight from the freezer to the air fryer and cook. No oil spray needed.
- Its that easy and just remember that theres many different sizes and thicknesses of crinkle cut fries. So after making your first batch, youll know how long you want to cook for your perfect personal batch. We tested so many different brands and they all turn out good. Some brands have their frozen crinkle cut fries seasoned already, so those will cook a little darker. All the cooking times seem to be the same. Only factor that changes cooking time is how thick they are.
- Cook in an even layer and dont over fill the air fryer basket/tray. They will cook more evenly if they arent piled too thick on top of each other. It is better to air fry in a couple batches if you want a lot of fries.
- More details the recipe box below.
Also Check: Emeril 360 Coupon Code
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Frozen French Fries: You can use any brand of regular cut frozen french fries that can be found in the grocery store freezer aisle. If you cook a different variations of frozen french fries such as shoe string fries, steak fries, waffle fries or curly fries, you may need to adjust your cooking time based into he thickness of the fries.
- Cooking Spray: Cooking spray is optional. However, cooking spray helps sticking if you are cooking a larger batch.
- Salt: Optional. See recipe notes for optional seasoning ideas. You can also sprinkle with some Rosemary Salt to make things exciting!
How Long Does It Take To Cook French Fries In The Air Fryer
The short answer? 12-25 minutes.
The long answer? It depends, on a few different factors.
The exact cook time required will depend on the size of your fries , the cooking temperature, how full the air fryer basket is, the size of your air fryer, and how crispy you want them!
If you are cooking thin cut fries, in a single layer, at a high temperature, probably 10-12 minutes is sufficient.
If youre cooking potato wedges, in a thicker layer, even at a high temperature they will require probably closer to 20 minutes, maybe longer if you want them extra crispy.
The great thing about the air fryer is that you can simply open it and take a peek! Shake the basket, put it back in and cook until they are done to your satisfaction.
For best results with any kind of fries, I cook at 400 degrees and check/shake every 5 minutes until done.
Also Check: Air Fryer Fold Up
Why This Recipe Works
- Using an air fryer has been proven to be healthier compared to deep frying. Enjoy your favorite fried snacks with less calories and zero worries!
- Other than making meals scrumptious, avocado oil also has health benefits. Its proven to reduce cholesterol and improve heart health!
- Air frying adds an extra crisp you wouldnt find with deep frying. With only one push of a button, make your fries extra crispy! No need to shield yourself from hot oil, if you know what I mean.
Can I Make My Own Fries
Yes, of course you can make your own fries from raw potatoes. The best way to get them uniform is to use a french fry cutter, like this one. This professional grade french fry cutter gives you the type of fry you would buy in a bag. They will cook at about the same rate as frozen fries.
The only thing different is that youll have to spray them with oil in order to get them crispy, because they wont already have oil on them like the store-bought ones do.
Don’t Miss: Lofter Air Fryer
How To Make This Recipe
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found at the bottom of the page on the printable recipe card.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Pumpkin Air Fryer French Toast is a sweet and delicious breakfast treat from the air fryer.
Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan is a zucchini spin on eggplant parmesan that is so good. Using the air fryer cuts down on mess and time to make.
Try making Air Fryer Tofu , to add to salads, use for meal prep, or as a meal for the kids.
Air Fryer Mini Corndogs are a super fun and easy kid-friendly snack to make in the air fryer. Look for vegetarian ones in your grocery store freezer.
We share all sorts of recipes on our sister site, even meat recipes! if you’re a meat eater, you have to try Air Fryer Pork Belly.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges are another french fry recipe that you should totally try. Makes these out of russet potatoes.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a below! It helps other readers!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Also Check: Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich Air Fryer
How Does An Air Fryer Work
Before you know about the health issues or benefits regarding air fried French fries, you should know the basic working principle of air fryers. Air fryers are like convection ovens. The working principle of an air fryer is similar to that of a convection oven. Air fryers are faster than convection ovens. Because of the hot airflow from the bottom of the air fryer, air fryers can cook more quickly and evenly. Modern air fryers have multiple blower fans to ensure rapid hot air circulation. Because of the heat circulation through the air, air fryers do not require oil or fat.
How To Reheat Fries In An Air Fryer
If you have leftovers , store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. The fries will get dry and soggy in the fridge so I recommend eating them as soon as possible.
To reheat fries in the air fryer, Place them in a preheated basket and mist with additional oil.Air fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp.
I actually use this same method to reheat any leftover fry! Before my air fryer, I never took home fries because they didnt reheat well. Fries reheated in the air fryer taste much better than microwaved fries. Life changing!
Recommended Reading: America’s Test Kitchen Air Fryer Cookbook
Tips For Getting The Best Crispy Fries
If you are not using a large 6 quart air fryer, work in batches for more even cooking.
If you are cooking thicker homestyle fries you can adjust the cook time as necessary.
Do not spray too much oil on the fries or they will not get super crispy like we want.
After the initial spray, do not spray the fries again.
If they are too close to being done the oil will make the fries turn soft.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you can preheat it first. Mine does not preheat, so if yours does you will want to keep an eye out in case the fries cook faster.
These air fryer frozen french fries were just too good.
Serve them up with some copycat chick fil a sauce and some of your favorite nuggets and you have a takeout dinner at home.
These fries use a fraction of the oil of the typical deep fried ones, all while still getting those wonderful crispy edges that are so addicting!
p.s. I used this same method with frozen sweet potato fries and it worked like a charm!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Can Frozen Fries Go Bad
No matter which brand you buy the safe freezer time is the same. A bag of frozen french fries will last for approximately 10 to 12 months if sealed properly in an airtight bag or container.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! Take a peek and see how many you might already havetwinsies!
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and !
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it.
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Dean Croissant In Air Fryer
Whats So Special About These Air Fryer French Fries
This recipe is amazing because of many reasons, here are a few:
- They will be ready in about 15 minutes!
- These air fryer fries are the perfect quick snack for adults and children alike.
- Less oil, more fries! Thats the motto fo this recipe Air fryer these frozen French fries makes them slightly healthier too!
You May Like: What Is The Smallest Air Fryer
Are Air Fried French Fries Better
Air fried French fries contain nominal or no oil. A sprinkle of oil is sometimes applied for preventing these from sticking together. Therefore, there is no doubt that air-fried foods are far healthier if it is compared to deep frying. A question may arise, how on earth the French fries are cooked in an air fryer if we do not use any oil? I have mentioned earlier that hot air acts as a medium for heat transfer in the air fryer. The blower fan ensures the even distribution of air. Therefore, the food is cooked by the air not needing any oil or fat. As you do not need any oil to cook French fries in an air fryer, it is healthier. It is simple.
You May Like: Emeril’s Air Fryer Cookbook
Frozen French Fries Air Fryer Recipe
I am happy to tell you today that you can cook any size of fries or potatoes fresh or frozen in your air fryer. I love steak fries and I mostly get the seasoned chips from Aldi but my children love their French fries.
When I cant win the argument, I settle and let them win. I cant blame them, it is utterly crispy, delicious and can pass for a good afternoon snack.
While it is possible to make chips from scratch at home, it is always not feasible because life does happen and as humans, you go for the easiest option sometimes. In this case a frozen bag of chips.
I agree it is convenient and you would mostly catch me cooking frozen chips when I am entertaining guests. On this note, no judgement! Lets air fry this frozen goodness in easy steps.
Related post: do you love your potato chips or fries but do not own an air fryer? I have got you covered with my homemade oven chips recipe. it is absolutely the best.
Making Your Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Couldnt Be Easier
How long to air fryer frozen french fries in oven. 350 degrees celius place fries in the middle rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lots of factors influence outcome of how the fries cook.
Dont forget you need to preheat!!! Submerge cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water and let soak for 20 minutes. I use the instant brand vortex plus air fryer.
Convection oven style air fryer: Air fryer frozen french fries perfect crispy cook. Meanwhile, toss frozen french fries with seasoning salt.
Transfer fries to a bowl, sprinkle with salt or your favorite seasoning, and toss. Next, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for two minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out your fries evenly on it in a single layer.
Most french fries should cook within 8 minutes or so, provided you preheated your fryer. Open the air fryer basket and brush with oil (not totally necessary, but. Brush the inside of your basket with cooking oil before moving on to the next step.
But you might be wondering how exactly to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. French fries might be the perfect food to air fry.
Set air fryer to 400 degrees. However, the cook time depends on your brand of air fryer, the basket size, and how full you fill the basket with fries. What temperature do you air fry frozen french fries?
Recommended Reading: Jimmy Dean Breakfast Burrito Cook Time
How To Air Fry Frozen French Fries
There is no need to add extra oil to frozen fries. Simply place in the basket and cook.
- Taco Seasoning Recipe, Ranch Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, Lemon Pepper Seasoning, truffle oil or truffle salt
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers
Its important to note that fries have a relatively short shelf life, so dont try to make extra batches ahead. Instead, make as many as you think youll need, plus a tiny bit extra in case someones extra hungry . From there, store the fries within 2 hours of cooking them.
- To refrigerate, pop the fries into airtight food storage containers or bags, with a clean paper towel to absorb any moisture as the fries cool. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- To reheat, place the fries back in your preheated air fryer for a few minutes, shaking the basket every minute or so, until hot. You can also pan-fry the french fries over medium-high heat until crispy.
Don’t Miss: Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer Recipes
Top Tips For Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- You can adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you like your fries or how thick they are. For softer or thinner fries, decrease time. For crispier or thicker fries, increase it.
- If youre using an air fryer that doesnt rotate, toss your fries very, very well midway through. Make sure the fries that are sitting on the bottom of the bowl are scooped up to the top.
- If your air fryer does rotate, be sure to check on them halfway to judge how thoroughly cooked they are.
- Do not spray too much oil, or your fries will get mushy!
- You dont have to preheat your air fryer, but be aware that your cooking time may be longer!
- Try your fries with different seasonings for a more gourmet snack. Try garlic or onion powder, seasoned salt , or chipotle powder for fries with a kick.
How To Cook Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer
While I love from scratch homemade French fries , Im actually a big fan of frozen French fries. I always keep some on hand as they are a quick and easy side dish that everyone loves. There are so many varieties that we never get tired of them.
Lets discuss how to make frozen french fries in an air fryer. First, please take note that below, you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about the recipe. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page
Making your air fryer frozen French fries couldnt be easier. To begin, brush your basket with cooking oil. Next, preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees for two minutes. Then place fries in the basket. They can be stacked about half full.
Cook for six minutes then remove basket and toss the fries. Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for an additional six minutes. Season/Salt and serve. You can get creative with different seasonings and dipping sauces.
Take note! There are a very wide variety of fry shapes and styles. Your fries may take slightly less time or more time, so start checking on them at about the five minute mark.
Check out all of my Air Fryer Recipes!
Also Check: Jimmy Dean Biscuit Roll Ups Air Fryer