How To Choose A Philips Air Fryer Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a Philips air fryer, it is a good idea to attach more important to its features than its appearance. By adopting this standard approach, you can rest assured that you will be able to make an informed decision.
Though Philips is a reputed brand on its own, results are likely to vary depending on the model you choose to buy. Therefore, always pay attention to its specifications and features for a fair and square deal.
Philips Avance Xxl Hd9654/96 Air Fryer
This air fryer is one of the first of its kind to come with Fat Removal technology. Basically, through the magic of convection heating, the HD9654/96 can remove up to 90% of the fats in foods .
Additionally, the use of twin burners burns more fat off of your food. However, overcooking meats is a possibility if youre not careful. It comes with a grilling accessory that, you guessed it, is used to grill foods without the smells or smoke of traditional grilling.
You cant deny that Philips own video of the HD9654/96 looks pretty good.
Philips Airfryer Xl Vs T
- Philips Airfryer XL uses a food drawer that is placed into the side of the unit, whereas the T-fal ActiFry loads the food into the top.
- Philips Airfryer XL cooks up to 2.65 lb of food. T-fal ActiFry cooks up to 2.2 lb of food.
- Philips Airfryer XL is around 15 inches square and 15 inches tall. T-fal ActiFry is 16 inches by 13 inches and about 9 inches tall.
- Philips Airfryer XL does not allow you to see food without opening the appliance. T-fal ActiFry has a window in the top to observe food while cooking.
- Philips Airfryer XL allows you to choose the cooking temperature, while T-fal ActiFry does not.
- Philips Airfryer XL has a timer with auto-off function that turns the unit off at the end of the cooking cycle, whereas the T-fal ActiFry does not.
- Deep cleaning the Philips Airfryer XL involves turning the appliance upside down due to the horizontal orientation of the cooking drawer. The T-fal ActiFry can be completely cleaned in an upright position.
- The Philips Airfryer XL generally costs more than the T-fal ActiFry.
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Duo Crisp Dehydrator Recipes
Is A Philips Airfryer Worth The Money
When I first heard people talking about air fryers, I thought all air fryers were created equal. This is not the case. Philips created the air fryer and they still lead the way.
If youre tempted to try a cheaper brand just be forewarned that the inner surface may flake off and the cooked end-result may not be what you expect.
But if youre looking for a healthy way to cook in quicker time, using less electricity but achieving superior results, then is what youre looking for. Sure, there are other brands that are still up to the job but lets face it, once you try a Philips Airfryer, youll fall in love with it like everyone else.
Best Value: Philips Viva
Make better food choices and mouthwatering meals with the compact Viva. The fry basket in the HD9220/29 is spacious enough to cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert for two people. Internal starfish-shaped technology circulates a continuous stream of heat around the food, and with less than a tablespoon of oil, turns out golden brown crispy fries, chicken legs, battered fish, and more.
This little air fryer grills, bakes, and roasts food to perfection. An included recipe book will get you off on the right foot with easy to make meal ideas. And when you’re done, all removable parts can be hand washed or put in the dishwasher. What could be simpler? Our only complaint: this is an analog model. With such a small control button, a display would be beneficial. Even so, if you’re cooking for one or two, this is the best Philips air fryer for you.
Read Also: Barber Raw Stuffed Chicken Breasts Air Fryer
Nuwave Air Fryer Vs Power Air Fryer Xl
These two air fryers are often the subject of comparison. Well be comparing the Nuwave Brio 37001 against the Power Air fryer XL and well show you below how close and far apart they are to each other in all the important areas.
- Capacity: The Nuwave Air fryer has a larger 6-quart capacity while the Power Air fryer XL has a 5.3-quart capacity. Still large though but not as the Nuwaves in this area.
- Size & Weight: The Power Air fryer has the smaller footprint of the two. It has a dimension of 14.5 x 12.5 x 14.9 inches and weighs12lbs. The Nuwave also weighs 17.5lbs 13.4 x16.9 x 15.8 inches.
- Control: They are both digital. The Power Air fryer has 7 smart presets while the Nuwave has 6 presets for convenient cooking.
- Power: The Power Air fryer has 1700W of Turbo-Cyclonic Power while the Nuwave is rated at 1800W
- Price: Both retails under $200 but the Nuwave Brio is the cheaper.
Philips Hd9230/56 Air Fryer
The brand, Philips, has been in the market for quite some time. Known for its top-notch appliances, the companys latest digital air fryer with rapid air feature is an epitome of creativity. The model comes with two different yet classic colors-White & Black. The price tag of this air fryer is affordable and doesnt pinch you at all.
With the feature for rapid airflow, the Philips air fryer ensures that it doesnt get hot during the cooking process. With the help of this patented technology, you can cook healthy and tasty meals at a faster pace. The operations on this air fryer are quite simple and can be done by anyone at your house.
- It is less expensive than other air fryers
- You can adjust its temperature as per your needs
- It is easy to maintain
Recommended Reading: Granite Countertop Protector Mats
Should I Buy An Air Fryer Or Deep Fryer
This depends on your food and diet preferences. If your focus is on food, taste, texture, and getting your recipes right, then skip the air fryer and buy a deep fryer. While it uses a lot of oil and is unhealthy, you won’t get the exact taste and texture from an air fryer, and you risk drying out some foods.
If healthy eating is your goal, then an air fryer is a more healthy option. An air fryer requires you to put a small amount of oil on most foods, e.g. hot chips. Studies have found an fryer uses up to 80% less oil than traditional frying methods, and youll be cutting down on the fat and calories ingested through deep frying.
That being said, when you cook air fryer chips of the hot, crunchy and amazing variety, its still not exactly the most healthy cuisine, but the cooking method is cleaner.
Philips Air Fryer Vs Tefal Actifry
- Capacity: The Philips Air fryer XL HD9240/94 has a 2.2lbs capacity, perfect for four. The T-fal FZ7002 Actifry has a 2.2lbs capacity.
- Size & Weight: While the Philips Air fryer weighs 18.98lbs and measures 12.4 x 16.65 x 11.89 inches, the Tefal measures 16.7 x 13.6 x 9.4 inches and weighs 8.9lbs.
- Control: The T-fal is a manual air fryer and does not have theauto shut-off feature. It makes up for this with the inclusion of a stirring paddle, a feature uncommon in other air fryers. The Philips is digital and has both the timer and auto shut-off features.
- Power: The Tefal actifry has 1450W of power while the Philips Air fryer boasts 1800W.
- Price: Tefal Actifry is significantly cheaper than this particular Philips model.
Recommended Reading: Nuwave Oven Reviews Consumer Reports
Philips Avance Hd9240/34 Air Fryer
Of all the models on this list, the HD9240/34 is one of the most impressive air fryers of all time, including those made by other brands. The reason is simple: it air-fries, grills, and bakes to perfection practically every single time.
Finding an air fryer like this is actually a lot harder than youd think. Even if youve set the temperature and timer correctly, theres always a tiny chance that your food will overcook. This is not the case with the HD9240/34.
- Releases an odor
In this video, Sara McConnell shows us how to make a variety of delicious foods using her HD9240.
Easy To Clean & Use Philips Avance Xl Digital Airfryer Review
Being a digital unit, most people find it user-friendly and effective. The touch controls are clear and very intuitive, you just need to set the desired temperature and timer, and youre good to go.
Cleaning is quite smooth because all of its parts are removable and dishwasher safe. You dont need to worry about removing stick food on the wire because of the non-stick coating.
Also Check: Dehydrating In Instant Pot Air Fryer
Compare Philips Airfryer Models Hd9220 Vs Hd9230
So, in a nutshell, to compare Philips Airfryer models HD9220 vs HD9230:
- They both have the same capacity
- They both have the same power/wattage
- HD9220 has analog turn dials
- HD9230 has a digital touch screen interface
- HD9230 digital model has a dishwasher-safe basket and removable drawer
- The analog HD9220 has a 30 minute timer for cooking
- The digital HD9230 has a 60 minute timer
- Neither model has preset functions
- They both come in either black and the HD9220 comes in white too
- The HD9220 analog model is usually cheaper than the HD9230 digital model but this can change depending on daily fluctuations in price and, in particular, when sales discounts apply
Philips Premium Airfryer Hd9741 Accessories
The Philips airfryer accessories suitable for this air fryer are the baking pan HD9925 and the double layer rack with skewers HD9904.
Use the baking pan to make delicious cakes, bread, gratin, and quiche, while the rack is perfect for grilling burgers, fish, kabobs, chicken wings and more.
There are several non-branded accessories available that are compatible with this air fryer and of a decent quality.
Read Also: Barber Chicken In Air Fryer
Is It Worth Buying An Air Fryer
While our ratings revealed Targets Bellini was the best brand for air fryers, keep in mind that you should at the very least consider capacity, size, and ease of cleaning when shopping for air fryers. Although, an analysis of our research revealed value for money and cooking performance were the most important factors for customer satisfaction. Meanwhile, functions and features and ease of cleaning were seen to have the least impact.
If youre looking for something easy to use and that can cook pretty well, our survey suggests Philips is the best-rated brand for cooking performance and also one of the top performers for ease of use. Bellini and Kmart were also seen to be easy to use. Unsurprisingly, Kmart and Targets Bellini came out as the top-rated brands for getting the best bang for your buck.
Making healthy, low-fat and tasty food in a matter of minutes sounds like a dream, but try to do a little research before diving into the deep end with a new air fryer. Consider how often youll use it, and what youll actually use it for. The last thing you want to do is spend $200 on a new kitchen appliance that just ends up gathering dust.
Usability Philips Viva Airfryer Review
The Philips kitchen viva air fryer comes inclusive of a quick clean basket and a removable non-stick mesh. These two items make the unit super easy and fast to clean.
Clean up is estimated to take less than 90 seconds. Besides, both the food holding basket and the removable non-stick coated drawer are dishwasher safe and can also be cleaned manually.
Its also easy to use this unit as it arrives with inspiring recipes. The unit comes with more than 200 recipes that can be found on the Air fryer recipe app. This is a unique Bundle from Amazon that contains the Philips Air fryer cookbook containing 150 recipes for desserts, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
When it comes to frying food at home, we all love the crispy flavor but dislike the excess fats and oils! Therefore, when looking for a perfect air fryer for your home cooking and frying requirements, the Philips Kitchen HD9650/96 is your best choice. Its a digital XXL air fryer that makes fried delicacies with up to 90% fewer fats.
Also Check: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Philips Hd9650/96 Air Fryer
If you are looking for a compact and easy-to-carry air fryer, the Philips Premium XXL Air fryer is just what you need. This air fryer has been designed to accommodate food items that can feed a complete family. This sizable investment is worth every penny. With this hefty air fryer, you can easily fry as much as 3 pounds of potatoes, frozen snacks, or French fries.
The Philips XXL air fryer is large enough to handle a whole chicken. However, the chicken should be a small one. The fryer has been decked with a robust heating system that is very powerful. Just like most of the air fryers by Philips, this one cooks with minimal oil as well. Therefore, you can stop worrying about unwanted fat.
- It has unique Twin TurboStar technology
- It comes with a digital touchscreen interface
- It cooks food 4-times faster than a conventional oven
- Temperature controls can be confusing
Cooking Performance Philips Avance Xl Digital Airfryer Review
When it comes to cooking functionality, this unit involves the standout innovation of the regular air fryer. It incorporates a Rapid air circulation technology responsible for heating up food contents and reducing fats and oils in your meals.
It fries your food leaving it with crunchiness and sweet fried smelling which is surprisingly great. Theres an optional lid that you can use to keep cooked food contained.
Also Check: Gourmia Gta2500 Review
Extra Features And Accessories
Not all air fryer models will have these extra features, and generally the more that are included, the higher the price point.
- Stirrer: A self-stirring air fryer uses a paddle to slowly stir food while its cooking, but its only suited to some food types, such as baked vegetables. Choose a model with an extra bowl minus the stirrer for versatility.
- Rotating basket: TMore versatile than a self-stirring model, you can also bake, grill and roast food with accessories. Rotating baskets need less oil than other models, making them even healthier.
- Adjustable thermostat: Most models have end timers, but some also have alerts to remind you to turn or shake your food.
Compare Air Fryers: Head To Head Comparison Of The Best Air Fryers
Reading several reviews about many products may be time-consuming at times. But this is also important when youre trying to make the best decision on what to buy. You dont have to worry anymore. This Compare Air fryers guide will give you valuable information about five of the best air fryers that are on sale at the moment so you do not have to be poring over long web pages of several product reviews. Rather than go through different reviews, weve made it easy for you to get firsthand information about these air fryers in a single, simple, and explanatory article.
Well compare some air fryers of the highest quality and check how they measure up against each other in this battle of the bravest. Well present to you these five, competing for a place in your kitchen and it will be your choice after this review to decide who has won your heart. Im certain two or three of them will. Here comes the best of the best:
Read Also: Lofter Air Fryer
Philips Viva Hd9230/26 Air Fryer
Those of you who dont want to babysit their air fryer while its working, the HD9230 is for you. Not only does it have a built-in timer that beeps when its ready, but it also has auto-shutoff to prevent your food from overcooking.
The handle remains cool to the touch while air-frying foods. However, for some odd reason, the covers latch doesnt lock in place while the device is turned on. Your children should definitely avoid messing with this thing while its cooking.
- Timing and temperature gauge may be faulty
This is a lovely video review of the HD9230/26 by Sandra Litherland on YouTube.
Are The Viva Models The Same Size And Weight
If you want to compare Philips AirFryer models on weight then the Viva TurboStar is definitely a lighter weight than the other Viva models. It weighs in at 11.7lbs compared to over 15lbs for the other Vivas. If you want to compare Philips AirFryer models on weight, this is the lightest one youll find.
If you need to compare Philips AirFryer models on size, this Viva TurboStar is quite different in external dimensions compared to the other Viva models .
The Philips Viva TurboStar is shorter in overall height than the HD9220 . For most people this probably wont be very significant. But if you happen to have low upper cabinets above the counter in your kitchen then this will be important. If definitely gives you a little bit more room above the AirFryer.
You May Like: Gourmia 5qt Air Fryer Reviews