How To Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
Cooking frozen french fries in your air fryer could not be easier. Heres what youll need to do
You May Like: Best Toaster Air Fryer Combo
Tips For Successful French Fries
So there you have it: perfectly seasoned air fryer frozen french fries, made in a jiffy with no need for excess oil. Read on for my top tips for making sure your fries turn out fantastic!
- Keep the Fries Warm: If you are working in batches, remove the fries from the air fryer basket and set them aside as you work through each batch. You can keep them warm on a cookie sheet in a low oven , until all of them are cooked.
- Be Frugal with the Oil: While a little oil does help the fries turn out more crispy, its best to spray too little oil rather than too much. If you use a lot of oil, the fries will turn out greasy and not crispy.
- Keep the Fries Frozen Until the Last Minute: You may think that thawing the fries or leaving them out on the counter for a bit would make them cook fasterand that is true, technically. But, it also allows the fries to soak up more oil and turn out mushy. Frozen fries soak up less oil, so keep them frozen until youre ready to add them to the basket.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
- Frozen French fries: I used thin cut French fries – a thicker kind will require more time. Start with the recommended time for this recipe and add more time if needed, in 2 minute increments.
- Olive oil can be swapped for a different type of vegetable oil or a few spritzes of cooking spray. Oil can also be skipped, but helps the fries get really crispy and a nice color.
- Salt might not be necessary if you’re using already seasoned fries – please check the bag before adding the salt!
Don’t Miss: Largest Instant Pot Air Fryer
Air Fryer French Fries
Say goodbye to the guilt of indulging in french fries! When you are craving that salty, crispy hot fresh french fry, air frying is the only way to go. They taste just like theyve been fried in oil, but they are not! They are so much healthier for you, and the taste is amazing. I used to bake my frozen french fries so I wouldnt have to fry them and Id feel better about serving them to my family. But the taste and texture always fell a little short. You have to try this air fryer recipe. It will change the way you eat your french fries forever.
Air Frying has changed the way I cook so many things. From steak, to chicken, to even pizza, the air fryer makes them faster, healthier and so much better. With this air fryer frozen fry recipe you get all the taste and texture of fried french fries but without all the oil and fat and so much faster than in the oven. Its a total winner in my book.
The Perfect Air Fried French Fries
We are back on the Air Fryer bandwagon today with one of my favorites: quick and easy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries. I promise you, if you learn how to cook frozen French fries in the Air Fryer, youll never go back!
I used to make frozen French fries by baking them in the oven as Id like to avoid deep frying. But the fries alway turn limp like noodles! . After making it in the air fryer, I find its so much easier and is the BEST WAY to cook frozen French fries. Healthier, Faster, and Better. When I served them at a party, my guests said they were better than McDonalds and KFC!
They are a great side dish and a staple pairing to a satisfying and juicy burger!
Recommended Reading: Chefman Air Fryer Oven Reviews
Are Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer Healthy
Potatoes are a fat free, filling, and low calorie food, rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! But they often get a bad rap as unhealthy and unhelpful for weight loss. Fries are especially considered a fast, junk food because theyre usually deep-fried and heavily salted, negating any health benefits.
Frozen French fries in the air fryer are a healthier way to prepare fries, while saving the added calories from traditional deep-frying. I find that the air fryer helps me control the salt and oil content, without compromising on that delicious crispy, fried, and salty taste.
Frozen French Fries Air Fryer Recipe
I am happy to tell you today that you can cook any size of fries or potatoes fresh or frozen in your air fryer. I love steak fries and I mostly get the seasoned chips from Aldi but my children love their French fries.
When I cant win the argument, I settle and let them win. I cant blame them, it is utterly crispy, delicious and can pass for a good afternoon snack.
While it is possible to make chips from scratch at home, it is always not feasible because life does happen and as humans, you go for the easiest option sometimes. In this case a frozen bag of chips.
I agree it is convenient and you would mostly catch me cooking frozen chips when I am entertaining guests. On this note, no judgement! Lets air fry this frozen goodness in easy steps.
Related post: do you love your potato chips or fries but do not own an air fryer? I have got you covered with my homemade oven chips recipe. it is absolutely the best.
You May Like: Gourmia Gcr1700
Don’t Miss: Cuisinart Oven Air Fryer Reviews
Frozen Fries For Air Fryer Buyers Guide
Air fryers are a more healthy way of frying food products. This is because there is no addition of cooking oil which can lead to health problems. However, we have mentioned some things to remember before buying frozen fries for the air fryer for your better understanding. So read thoroughly and select the best fie for air fryer. Also, consider frozen chicken wings and frozen corn.
Homemade Ketchup For French Fries
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Total time: 90 minutes Cook time: 90 minutes Yield: 2-1/2 cups
Total time: 1 hour 40 minPrep time: 10 min Cook time: 90 min per batch Yield: 2 cups
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, warm up the oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, mustard powder, and allspice. Cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
2. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Then, add the tomatoes and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Just warm this through for 30 to 60 seconds. Remove the pot from the heat.
3. In a blender, puree the ketchup base in batches until smooth and return to the pot. Alternatively, puree the ketchup with an immersion blender right in the pot.
4. Add the bay leaf, maple syrup or brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, until very thick, approximately 1 hour 20 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf and allow the ketchup to cool. Transfer the cooled ketchup to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Read Also: Air Fryer Recipes To Lose Weight
Allrecipes Community Tips And Praise
“Amazing fries,” raves Mommyof6. “These were so good, and just the perfect balance of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I made them just as the recipe directed, and we loved them!”
“Followed the recipe except I added some turmeric for color and a bit of smoked paprika,” according to Alma. “I added sea salt right before serving. They looked and tasted delicious and they were all gone!”
Frozen French Fries Nutritional Information
Here is an example of the nutrition facts of frozen french fries you may find at the grocery store:
Serving size: 84 g=25 pieces
- Calories: 140
- Preheat the air fryer at 400ºF temperature while you season the potato fries.
- Drizzle salt and oil onto the potatoes. Place them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, remove the basket from the air fryer, and flip them. Leave it for additional 5 minutes for a crunchy exterior.
- Sprinkle garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese and serve your air fryer frozen french fries with your favorite dressing.
Don’t Miss: Emerald 5.2 Air Fryer
Only 3 Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Cooking frozen French fries in the air fryer is completely effortless. Theres no need to add oil so you only need to mix the fries with salt and black pepper if they are not pre-seasoned:
- Frozen French fries
- Freshly ground black pepper
I love my Ninja Air Fryer which is versatile and reliable. Mine has 4-quart capacity, and I cooked my 1-pound frozen French fries in two loads to avoid overcrowding.
Read Also: Which Is The Biggest Air Fryer
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients: With just a few simple ingredients, youll have crispy fries ready in no time! We love this recipe because the prep time is so low!
- Versatile: Serve these fries as an early appetizer before dinner or with your favorite onion rings as a side dish. You can even dress the fries up to be your main entree!
- Family-friendly: Kids always love French fries, right? Totally kid-friendly, these fries are the perfect healthy snack addition for childrens lunches and lunchboxes.
- Healthy: Made with whole ingredients only, these simple air fryer French fries are nutritious, guilt-free, gluten-free and a great vegetarian side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Quick: These air fryer frozen French fries are made in less than 30 minutes! The cooking process is so simple!
Also Check: Instant Pot Vortex 7 In 1 Air Fryer
How To Cook Frozen French Fries In Ninja Foodi
Use the same directions in the printable recipe card below. The button says air crisp which is the same as fry.
I would highly recommend you get an appliance specifically for air frying vs. the Instant Pot CrispLid device. They work much better for making dinners and side dishes on a regular basis and getting all edges really crispy.
How To Air Fry Frozen French Fries:
- Pour your frozen fries into the air basket. It is fine to let them stack, but try not to fill your basket more than half way up.
- Spritz your fries with vegetable oil with a pump spray bottle. Then shake the basket and spritz again. We dont recommend non-stick spray cans for this.
- Cook your fries at 390 degrees for 20 minutes. Shake the basket after 10 minutes of cooking and then shake and check again at 15 minutes.
- Test your fry for crispiness and continue cooking two minutes at a time until you get your desired crispiness. This is an important step as fries vary in thickness. Our 20 minute guideline is based on a McDonalds size French fry. Thicker ones will take a bit longer.
Don’t Miss: Nuwave Brio 3q Digital Air Fryer
How Long Do You Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
It usually takes just 6-9 minutes to cook frozen French fries in the air fryer. However, the cook time depends on your brand of air fryer, the basket size, and how full you fill the basket with fries.
I use the Instant Brand Vortex Plus Air Fryer. This air fryer takes a couple minutes to preheat before it starts cooking time. If your air fryer also does this, check your air fryer french fries after 5 minutes.
These days, most frozen french fries have air fryer instructions on the actual bag. Start with those instructions, and adjust as you see how it works in your air fryer.
The biggest tip with making frozen fries in the air fryer is to ensure theyre in a single layer. Piling the frozen fries into the basket wont allow enough air flow between the fries to get them cooked and crispy.
Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
How to make frozen fries in ninja air fryer. How long does it take to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer? Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. Arrange the frozen crinkle fries in a single layer.
Cook frozen fries at a medium temperature. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees f for 5 minutes. Spray with extra virgin olive oil.
Place the fries in the air fryer, add a dash of garlic salt. Cut the cassava into even size baton then boil for 5 minutes. After 3 minutes, place fries on the crisper plate
When the air fryer is ready, take the basket out. Done in less than 15 minutes Clean and dry the potatoes.
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees f. If you used 4 potatoes, you will need to use a baking pan for half of the fries. For frozen french fries, preheat your air fryer to 400°.
For even cooking, it is better to cook in a couple small batches instead of a big overfilled batch. Season with salt & pepper, if desired. Cook these for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, if preferred after 10 minutes, carefully open the air fryer, mix or shake up the french fries,.
The ninja foodi is a great appliance to air fry frozen french fries! put back the basket, and. All you need to do is put them straight in the air fryer.
Dump frozen fries into air fryer basket. At this point, you might add seasonings if you like. After 3 minutes, add fries to basket
Cooking frozen fries in an air fryer is a more convenient and healthier alternative to deep frying.
Pin On Recipes
Don’t Miss: Reviews On Cuisinart Air Fryer
Why This Recipe Is So Good
Have you ever tried a recipe that was so good, you made it over and over again? Thats how I feel about this one. Its simple to make, and the result is always delicious. Whats not to love?
Air fryer frozen french fries are a healthier, more straightforward alternative to fried potatoes. The absence of oil makes them lighter and crispier than their counterparts that have been cooked in deep-fryer as well!
We love these delicious yet healthy snacks on our dinner plates at home, or when we go out, they are just too tasty not to share with everyone around us .
These are the perfect, easy snack for picky kids without having to feel guilty! These nuggets come in a variety of flavors that will suit your taste buds no matter what youre in the mood for. Plus, they have some great nutrients and proteins, so even if its just because we need something salty or sweet on hand these bad boys cant be beaten when munching away at them.
How To Cook Emeril Lagasse Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
We will follow how Emeril Lagasse cooks these frozen french fries in the air fryer:
Also Check: Instant Pot Rotisserie Air Fryer
Also Check: Instant Vortex 7 In 1 Air Fryer Reviews
Tips For Getting The Best Crispy Fries
If you are not using a large 6 quart air fryer, work in batches for more even cooking.
If you are cooking thicker homestyle fries you can adjust the cook time as necessary.
Do not spray too much oil on the fries or they will not get super crispy like we want.
After the initial spray, do not spray the fries again.
If they are too close to being done the oil will make the fries turn soft.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you can preheat it first. Mine does not preheat, so if yours does you will want to keep an eye out in case the fries cook faster.
These air fryer frozen french fries were just too good.
Serve them up with somecopycat chick fil a sauce and some of your favorite nuggets and you have a takeout dinner at home.
These fries use a fraction of the oil of the typical deep fried ones, all while still getting those wonderful crispy edges that are so addicting!
p.s. I used this same method with frozen sweet potato fries and it worked like a charm!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow for all the latest delicious recipes!
If you have bag of frozen french fries, you have to try this recipe! Another favorite we love is air fryer frozen onion rings.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Homemade Ketchup And Other Dipping Sauces
I have included a recipe for homemade ketchup because I really like to treat myself once in a while. It is also a good conversation topic. This is definitely the more labor intensive part of the recipe. However, this lovely ketchup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and enjoyed on other foods, such as hamburgers, meatloaf, and zucchini sticks.
There are other dipping sauces for French fries that you might want to try. These include:
- Spicy chili sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Cheese sauce
Ketchup, or catsup, is a tomato based condiment that is sweetened with sugar and seasoned with fresh and dried aromatics and spices. This recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and molasses. Feel free to use brown sugar or honey, if that is what you have in your pantry.
While the spices are a bit complex, you can easily just use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and skip the fresh aromatics. It will still be good. If you want to infuse more flavor, add chopped jalapeno peppers and cumin, cooked bacon crumbles, or a spoonful of prepared horseradish.
Recommended Reading: Compare Toaster Oven Air Fryer