I Bought An Instant Vortex Plus And Here Is What I Think
The makers of the ever-popular Instant Pot have come out with their version of an Air Fryer. I bought it, and here is my Instant Vortex Plus air fryer oven review!
This is not a sponsored post. I purchased the Instant Pot vortex with my own money, and all of these opinions are my own.
I am a self-proclaimed kitchen gadget junkie. But, only if it makes my life easier in some way.
Kitchen storage real estate is precious , so I do need to be a bit selective in what I bring in the kitchen. But, I really wanted to try the Instant Vortex Plus!
Instant Vortex Plus 7
Usable air fryers arent hard to find, but how to find the best one? Join us as we uncover this with the Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Review.
The air fryers from Instant Pot go beyond the conventional standard of functionality and convenience. In just one device, they offer users several methods of cooking food.
From all of their products, we have picked two that resonate with us the most in our Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven reviews.
Both of these Instant air fryers use 95% less oil than the average fryer, but how do they differ? Lets find out now with this instant vortex plus air fryer reviews.
Air Fryer Dehydrated Sweet Potato Chips
These sweet potato chips looked so perfect but honestly, the texture did not match. I think I didnt leave them long enough to reach their full potential. Mine tasted dehydrated but they were not crispy like a chip.
I personally think purchasing store versions would be easier, cheaper and tastier. But I do understanding how the satisfaction of knowing what is in your foods and going into your body would be invaluable. Dehydrated cinnamon apple chips or teriyaki beef jerky would be amazing to try.
You May Like: Easy Recipes With Air Fryer
Air Fried Breakfast Potatoes
These yellow baby potatoes were so good! I air-fried at 400 F for 10 min. My first batch I tried with bacon on top to get the flavor of bacon grease drippings. Dont do this, there was no flavor, just grease.
The next time I drizzled with a tiny bit of olive oil, then seasoned it with garlic, salt, thyme, basil, and oregano. I filled up 2 trays and made sure to switch trays and move the potatoes around for even crispness.
You do have to each immediately because if you leave sitting they lose that crispy crunch. These are perfect for breakfast with a sunny side up egg.
How We Tested The Instant Vortex 6 Quart 4 In 1 Air Fryer
We tested the Instant Vortex 6 Quart 4 In 1 air fryer in a number of different ways to see how it performs. Heres another review related to the instant vortex pro 9 in 1. Also, we have used it to air fry, roast, reheat and dehydrate food. We also tested the various functions of the fryer to see how efficient they are.
Overall, we were very impressed with the performance of the Instant Vortex 6 Quart 4 In 1 air fryer. It is a very versatile fryer that can be used to air fry, roast, reheat and dehydrate food. It is also very easy to clean. We would highly recommend this fryer to anyone who is looking for a versatile and easy-to-use air fryer.
Also Check: Double Oven Gas Range With Air Fryer
Read Also: Lowe’s Air Fryer Stove
Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer Oven
If you need something a bit different and more versatile perhaps Instant Vortex Plus 10-quart air fryer oven is what you need. Whereas most air fryers are basket type Instant Vortex Plus 10-quart model is oven style. Its equipped with with 1500 watt heating element and has adjustable temperature range from 95° to 400°F.
What About The Vortex Plus
While its very similar to the 4-in-1 air fryer, the standout feature in the Vortex Plus is the dehydrator. If youre looking for a reliable air fryer that can also produce perfectly dried fruits and veggies, the Vortex Plus is for you. Just like the 4-in-1, the Vortex Plus has a roomy, 6-quart basket with a nonstick coating for easy cleanup. Equipped with pre-programmed settings and a temperature-controlling dial, the interface is also super user-friendly. The only downside to this model is the broiler function, which is pre-set to 400 degrees F and for two minutes and didnt perform well for us in testing.
You May Like: Ninja Accessories For Air Fryer
Setup Process: Took A Little Trial And Error
The Instant Vortex is basically ready to go right out of the box. If youre going to use the Air Fry or Bake settings first, all you have to do is remove the plastic and styrofoam packaging, insert the cooking trays and the drip pan, and then complete a test run which simply involves running the machine for 20 minutes. Once thats done, youre ready to cook.
If you want to start with the Rotisserie setting, however, things are a little more complicated. Though the Vortex comes with two user manuals, we couldnt find clear instructions on how to insert the rotisserie basket or spit. After a bit of trial and errorabout 10 minutes of fumbling with the accessorieswe figured it out, but it would have been helpful to have step-by-step instructions.
As avid Instant Pot users, our expectations for the Instant Vortex Plus were admittedly high luckily, it didnt just live up to our expectationsit exceeded them.
After struggling with the setup process, we decided to Google more thorough instructions which led us to an additional manual on Instant Brands website. This proved to be exactly what we were missing as it detailedwith pictureshow to properly set up the Vortex for each cooking mode. While we were happy we found it after the fact, we wish the full manual had just been included in the box.
There Are Three Main Types Of Air Fryers:
a) Traditional Air Fryer:The first is the traditional air fryer, which is a countertop unit. They have a large basket in which you place your food. The food is cooked with hot air. The problem with this type of air fryer is that it doesnt heat up as fast as the other two types of air fryers.
b) Convection Oven:The second type of air fryer is the convection oven. These are countertop units. They work on the same principle as the first type of air fryer, except the air is blown through a series of vents instead of a single vent.
c) Induction Cook Top:The third type of air fryer is the induction cooktop. These are counter top units. They work on the same principle as the second type of air fryer, except they use electromagnetic energy to heat the air rather than gas.
Recommended Reading: Emeril Air Fryer Pro Accessories
Whats The Difference Between A Convection Oven And An Air Fryer
In principle, they are the same: hot air that is blown around in a chamber to create even heating. Convection is the natural rise and fall of heat thats caused by uneven temperatures. Most household ovens have heating elements, which is that coil of wire on the top and bottom of the oven chamber .
The current is converted into slow, even, radiating heat. This heat rises, and the fan in the back of the convection oven will blow the air around for temperature consistency. However, the air fryers generated heat is pulled up with the fan, so there is no direct heat source on the food. Its dispersed on the outside of the chamber and then ascends from the open bottom to heat from all around making it gentler processes for the food.
Because air fryers have smaller chambers and higher speed air circulation than a convection oven, it takes less time than a traditional convection oven to bake/fry foods. Recipes that say foods need to be heated for 10 minutes may only require 6 minutes in an air fryer.
Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven By Instant Pot
We have been lucky to test many air fryers from many companies. Sometimes, we refer to our to tell us which ones are worth testing and sometimes the brands reach out to us. Thank you to Instant Brands for providing us a unit to test.
We have many members in our facebook group that love the Instant Vortex Plus. We were very excited to get our hands on this unit to test!
Don’t Miss: Top Rated Air Fryer Amazon
Instant Vortex Plus 10qt 7
The Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven is a versatile and easy-to-use appliance that can help you cook various healthy and delicious meals. With its large capacity and variety of cooking functions, the Instant Vortex Plus is perfect for families or anyone who loves to cook.
And with its simple controls and automatic cooking process, the Instant Vortex Plus is easy to use, even for beginners. So if youre looking for an air fryer oven that can do it all, the Instant Vortex Plus is a perfect choice.
Why You Should Trust My Instant Vortex Review
- Air Fryer Cookbooks: I have two best-selling air fryer cookbooks, Every Day Easy Air Fryer and Air Fryer Revolution, so you can feel confident in knowing that I use air fryers on a regular basis, Im quite familiar with how they work and I know what makes a good air fryer.
- Experienced Reviewer: Ive done various air fryer reviews in the past, so I have a wealth of knowledge about air fryers and what makes one better than another.
- Gadget geek!: Im a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
You May Like: Breville Air Fryer Oven Bov900bss
You May Like: Black And Decker Toaster Oven With Air Fryer
How Does It Stack Up Amongst The Rest
The real difference among air fryers comes down to convenience. It has a 10-quart capacity, which rivals many air fryers on the market, which tend to be around 5-quart size. Many air fryers are built in an egg shape, the Instant Vortex Plus air fryer looks more like a traditional countertop oven with the capacity to cook for up to six people at a time when using both cooking trays and has enough room for a 4-pound chicken. Thats dinner for the whole family on the table without preheating your oven.
Cleaning And Maintaining The Appliance
- It is very normal for meals to leave a sticky residue inside the cooking basket of the fryer. An easy way to deal with this is to use specialized detergents or soap that are designed to dissolve oil.
- For maximum effect, try to soak the detergent mixed water for a few minutes before thoroughly rinsing it under hot water.
- Always keep in mind that metal utensils and cleaning brushes may leave scratches on the body of the Fryer. So refrain yourself from using those.
- Make sure to complete cool down your Air Fryer and wait for 30 minutes prior to washing it
- Remove the power cable from the wall and make sure that the device is completely cooled.
- Wipe out the external part of the Fryer using a moist cloth dipped in mild detergent.
- Clean the outer basket and the fryer basket and using hot water and a soft sponge.
- Clean the inner part of the appliance using hot water and a soft sponge.
- If you find that some residue is stuck in the heating element, then you may use a cleaning brush to clear them out.
- Similar steps should be kept in mind while cleaning the oven part of the device as well.
You May Like: Air Fryer Toaster Oven Reviews
We Tested The Instant Pot Air Fryer Here Is Our Honest Review
Kitchen counter spaces across the nation were being filled with incredible gadgets this year and the number one was our beloved Instant Pot. Now, Instant Pot introduced its new buddy Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven to share some cooking time.
There are plenty of other brands cornering the air fryer market. Instant Pot took its time to see the true needs of their consumers to develop one that was just right.
Amazing Tips And Tricks
- If you are using the Rotisserie accessory, make sure to place your food before touching the START button on the touch control panel.
- Except for rotisserie food though, most of the other foods will give you amazing results if you place food in a pre-heated oven. To do this, simply press the START button and wait until the appliance shows Add Food, which will indicate that the appliance is ready to start cooking.
- If you are looking for a fine crisp and golden fries, all you have to do is soak your potato sticks in cold water for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes, pat them dry and spray with a bit of oil before placing them into your Air Fryer oven.
- Make sure to Flip your food whenever your Air Fryer shows Turn Food, this will ensure that both sides of your food are cooking well.
- They prevent the buildup of excess steam, always make sure to pat moist food dry before placing them into your Air Fryer Oven.
- The perfect way to season your meals would be to spray them with just a little bit of cooking oil. It will help to stick the seasoning to the body.
- If you plan on baking something like pie, cookie or cake, always make sure to cover the dish with an oven-safe lid or foil to ensure that the food does not get burnt and the top-side is saved from overcooking.
You May Like: Cosori Air Fryer Where To Buy
Instant Vortex Plus Dual Basket Air Fryer Conclusion
This air fryer can be simple, but offers the extra sophistication of cooking two different dishes at the same time, if thats what you require. Gadgets like this demand some countertop space, some investment in the initial outlay of cost and in learning its nuances of use, but this model repays in the quality of components and cooking results. It would be good if the brand acted on its own advice and kept sustainability more in mind when it comes to packaging, though.
Instant Vortex Plus Dual basket air fryer specifications
Food capacity: 7.6L capacity Wattage: 1450-1700WDimensions: 38.4 D x 40.3 Wx 31.7 HGuarantee: 3 year guaranteePre-sets: Eight: air fry, bake, grill, roast, dehydrate, reheat, SyncCook, SyncFinish mode
You May Like: Kalorik Air Fryer 5.3 Qt
Recipes Made For You Instant Vortex Plus
This air fryer is still new to the market, so you might have some limited resources at first. However, as bloggers continue to develop and perfect recipes, you will definitely see more coming through the pipeline in the future.
In the meantime, you can use almost any air fryer recipe with some adjustments on how the food sits. Try using recipes that resemble the same mini-oven shape as the Vortex. At first, it might be a trial and error process until youve honed your own Vortex skills.
Remember, you cant make anything with a liquid batter unless you freeze it first and you also cant make anything in large quantities.
Read Also: What Is The Biggest Air Fryer They Make
Other Things To Consider
- Cost: Its exclusive to Wal-mart at $119
- Space: Bigger than a toaster, the air fryer is not a small appliance.
- Skills: Youll need to take time to play with different functions.
- Taste and texture: Results are close to deep-frying but its still not the same.
- Healthier: Depends on your current lifestyle if you eat fried foods.
Pros And Cons Of Instant Vortex Plus 10qt 7
- The 7-in-1 functionality means that you can do more with one appliance.
- EvenCrisp technology ensures perfectly fried foods every time.
- 1400-1600 watts of power for quick cooking.
- The Vortex Air Fryer has a handy LED Display and several other features that simplify using the device.
- Customizable smart programs make it easy to cook your favorite foods.
- Its a larger capacity air fryer oven, perfect for 4 6 people families or entertaining.
- Cleaning is a cinch due to the detachable racks, which are simple to wash in hot soapy water, and the interior may be washed with a clean towel.
- The accessories, such as the racks, rotisserie basket, and fork, are all dishwasher safe.
- If you have two cooing trays, it may be able to fit both at once.
- There is a plastic smell during the first use, but it disappears after that so you can use it with peace of mind.
- It does not come with a cookbook. So you need to get their app on your phone to see the cooking instructions. You can get it here on CH play or Apple Store.
- Its large, so you need enough counter space to accommodate it.
- There are numerous racks to cook on because its an oven. As a result, the top rack will be closer to the hot circulating element. If youre cooking the same things on all three racks, youll have to turn them more frequently for them to cook evenly. Thats true of every oven-style air fryer. If youre planning on making your first purchase of an oven-style device, keep this in mind.
Recommended Reading: Nuwave Air Fryer Toaster Oven Reviews