Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Recipe
Air fryer frozen french fries are literally done in minutes.
Frozen french fries cooked this way are simply amazing and come out crisper than oven cooking. I am pretty confident that once you cook a batch french fries in your air fryer, you wont look back!
Your mind will be made up and this version will become a new favorite!
If you love your air fryer, you should check out our air fryer sweet potato recipe and our air fryer vegan bacon recipe.
Top Tips For Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- You can adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you like your fries or how thick they are. For softer or thinner fries, decrease time. For crispier or thicker fries, increase it.
- If youre using an air fryer that doesnt rotate, toss your fries very, very well midway through. Make sure the fries that are sitting on the bottom of the bowl are scooped up to the top.
- If your air fryer does rotate, be sure to check on them halfway to judge how thoroughly cooked they are.
- Do not spray too much oil, or your fries will get mushy!
- You dont have to preheat your air fryer, but be aware that your cooking time may be longer!
- Try your fries with different seasonings for a more gourmet snack. Try garlic or onion powder, seasoned salt , or chipotle powder for fries with a kick.
How To Make Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer
- Air frying produces crispier fries than the oven and is less messy than deep frying.
- Preheat the air fryer, and use the proper cook time for the kind of french fry you’re making.
- For the best results, don’t overcrowd the basket and toss them halfway through cooking.
- Visit Insider’s Home & Kitchen Reference library for more stories.
Frozen french fries are a convenient snack food and a total crowd-pleaser. All of the hard work is done for you, so all you have to do is retrieve them from the freezer and heat them up.
While you can use the oven or even a deep fryer, there’s a better option: the air fryer. There are a few big reasons why you should use the air fryer to heat up frozen french fries.
- Crispier results: “You’ll get crispier results than baking fries thanks to the convection,” says Breville product expert, Karen Diep.
- Less oil and mess than frying: Many frozen fry brands include instructions for deep frying. While it guarantees crispiness, it can make a real mess and requires a lot of oil. “Air frying is a great alternative to getting crispier fries without the excessive fat that comes with deep frying,” says Diep.
- Quicker than the oven: Diep points out that air frying is also faster than baking, shaving off a third or more of the cook time.
Don’t Miss: Gourmia Gaf575 Replacement Parts
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Frozen Fries
- Shake it up: To make sure your fires all get crispy and cooked evenly be sure to toss them gently half way through. Youll want to rotate the bottom to the top and move them around. You can shake them up more than once, if youd like. Some air fryers rotate, but youll still want to check and see how theyre doing half way through.
- Dont Overfill: For frozen fries you dont want to fill your air fryer more than half to ¾ full. You do not have to put frozen fries in a single layer, but you for do not want to over crowd the basket. You may end up with undercooked fries.
- Crispier: Depending on the thickness and type of fry you use, you might need to increase or decrease the cooking time. The longer you cook the fries, the crispier they will become.
How Long Should These Be Cooked
There are a few things you want to keep in mind when making these, the first is that all air fryers heat differently, even the same brand. Its true!
I have found that the perfect time for us is 400 degrees for 20 minutes, it gives them the crisp taste I want in a french fry. This recipe will suggest 20 minutes, which has been the perfect time for our french fries, Id suggest checking in on them around 18 minutes to be sure that yours cook to your preferred crispness.
If you love these, then youll love making these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls!
Don’t Miss: Gourmia Air Fryer Review
How To Make Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here youll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Preheat the air fryer at 400º F.
Toss together all the ingredients in a bowl.
Arrange the fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook each batch until the the tips and edges of the fries start to brown.
How To Clean Your Air Fryer
Side note: If you are in the market for an air fryer, I recently created a post about the best air fryers on the market. The post is based off of reviews from friends, family and online consumers! Be sure to check out the best air fryers on the market!
Also Check: Vortex Mini Air Fryer Accessories
How To Make Them
How To Air Frozen Fry Fries
- Pour your frozen fries into the air basket and spritz them with oil using a spray bottle .
- Shake up the fries and spray liberally again.
- You can let them stack on top of each other but do not fill up the basket. The quantity should not fill the basket more than halfway up.
- Cook your fries at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Remember to shake the basket after 10 minutes of cooking to ensure even cooking of all the fries.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, check your fries to see if they are ready.
- If not, cook them in two-minute increments to avoid burning until you get your desired crispiness.
Note: For thicker fires, you may have to coo them for more than 20 minutes.
Don’t Miss: Barber Foods Raw Stuffed Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
Are Arbys Frozen Curly Fries Healthy
If you consume a serving size indicated by this product, you are still considered medium healthy, because this is a processed food product. According to the salt daily requirements, if you eat more than 1 serving size, you are probably consuming more salt and calories than you should.
Try making your own curly fries at home by purchasing fresh ingredients and making them yourself if you are on a strict diet.
Arbys frozen curly fries Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1.33 cup
Ideas To Make Your Fries A Little Better:
First, there are different seasonings. A good homemade seasoning has paprika and garlic at a minimum. I am a fan of this seasoning recipe from Little Sunny Kitchen.
You can also use a little bit of store-bought seasoned salt if you like. A personal favorite for a little spice is Tonys creole seasoning.
Of course, you know about dipping in ketchup. Maybe even dipping in ranch dressing. But have you ever had fry sauce? It is basically mayo, ketchup, and vinegar. It is great on fries or on a burger!
Read Also: Emeril Lagasse Promo Code
Comfort Food To Feed A Broken Heart
For me, fries are the ultimate comfort food. I remember going to France and asking for McDonalds fries the second we land. I have such great memries from that time, getting fries and dipping them in ice cream was such a treat!
Thats why in an effort to feed a broken heart, Im going with comfort food but in an air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Duo Crisp Dehydrator Recipes
Why You Should Give Air Fryer Frozen Fries A Try
- Yes, you can deep fry your frozen fries, Ive been doing it for years but once youve cooked a bag of frozen fries in an air fryer, youll never go back to deep frying them.
- Its healthy, just imagine a full bag of frozen fries needing only teaspoons of oil. if they are regular french fries then you dont need oil at all.
- No more standing over a stove top to check on the oil heat or burning the fries. when you make the frozen fries in an air fryer, you set the time, go about your work, when the bell dings you take them out and serve.
- Zero cleaning up or using multiple plates or kitchen paper towels to soak in excess oil, once done, you only have the air fryer basket to clean.
- Movie night french fry snacking is just a matter adding the frozen fries into the air fryer basket and setting the time.
How To Air Fry Frozen French Fries
There is no need to add extra oil to frozen fries. Simply place in the basket and cook.
- Taco Seasoning Recipe, Ranch Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, Lemon Pepper Seasoning, truffle oil or truffle salt
Read Also: Reviews Of Gourmia Air Fryer
How To Cook Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Cooking frozen french fries in the air fryer is going to be your favorite way to make them!
They are nice and crispy on the outside, but perfectly soft and warm on the inside.
They taste like they have been fried, but they are air fried!
We have been trying to find more ways to use our Air Fryers and making frozen fries is one of my favorite things to air fry.
If you love your air fryer, be sure to check out our most popular air fryer recipe: Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings .
Are Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer Healthy
Potatoes are a fat free, filling, and low calorie food, rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! But they often get a bad rap as unhealthy and unhelpful for weight loss. Fries are especially considered a fast, junk food because theyre usually deep-fried and heavily salted, negating any health benefits.
Frozen French fries in the air fryer are a healthier way to prepare fries, while saving the added calories from traditional deep-frying. I find that the air fryer helps me control the salt and oil content, without compromising on that delicious crispy, fried, and salty taste.
Also Check: Best Heat Resistant Mat For Air Fryer
Be Sure Not To Crowd The Basket
How to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer. Then unpack your favorite brand of frozen french fries into a container. Cook these for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, if preferred after 10 minutes, carefully open the air fryer, mix or shake up the french fries, coat with more spray and garlic salt. We used a 3 quart philips air fryer with a 1.8 lb capacity.
Air fry french fries at 400 degrees for 16 minutes. Preheat your air fryer to 400f My ultrean 4.2 qt allows half a packet of french fries at a single batch.you know air fryer uses hot air instead of oil, air circulating your food.
About halfway through, shake basket around and toss fries to help them evenly cook. Once youve got your air fryer preheated, it only takes between 15 and 18 minutes to cook them, depending on what kind of fries youre cooking. Add frozen fries to air fryer basket.
It doesnt matter what kind of fries you use. When cooking frozen french fries it is all about short stints of time and a few shakes of the basket throughout the 15 minute cook time. Oil added near the end will ensure they crisp up to perfection and taste like deep frying too.
Final cook time will depend on your air fryer’s capacity and the thickness and quantity of your fries. And you can air fry crinkle cut fries without any extra oil! More healthy> air fryer recipes here
Pin on Recipe Air Fryer Meals
How Long Does It Take To Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
About 15 minutes is perfect. Of course each brand is different, some are thicker than others and may take an extra minute or two.
Yes you can put them on a baking sheet and into your oven but during the summertime I do NOT turn my oven on first of all.
Plus, the difference in crispiness between the two methods is HUGE I tell you. Theres no comparison if you ask us.
Here we go with our batch for the afternoon yall
Recommended Reading: Fold Up Air Fryer
Cook Times For Different Types Of Frozen French Fries
Many frozen french fry brands now include air fryer instructions right on the bag. “I would recommend using the instructions indicated on the package as the manufacturer will have developed and tested the product many times,” says Diep.
If the fries don’t include instructions, the cook time will vary depending on the kind of fry and the thickness. This chart is a good starting point, but keep a close eye on the fries as they cook.
|Type of fry|
Quick tip: There’s no need to defrost french fries. “I recommend that frozen french fries be kept completely frozen before using,” says Diep. Thawing the fries will result in sad, soggy fries, so take them out of the freezer just before cooking.
Frozen Fries In Air Fryer Yes Please
This is an easy foolproof way to make crispy French fries. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Your fast food favorite with less oil which equals less guilt.
Did you know you can have a complete take out meal right at home when you combine these air fried frozen French fries with my Air fryer cheeseburgers? My goodness! Its so yummy.
Loving your air fryer? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in > > > our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
Don’t Miss: Gourmia Gaf735
Frozen French Fries Air Fryer Style Are The Best Crispy Just Like At A Restaurant But Healthier Since You Do Not Have To Fry Them In Oil Game Changer
Making frozen french fries air fryer style was a game changer this afternoon! We were all surprised at how crispy they turned out, WAY better than in the oven. This and more easy air fryer recipes can be found here on The Typical Mom blog.
- Are you ready to air fry everything?? I would say we are because we use our machine at least once a day, maybe more.
We have been obsessed ever since our hot air machine arrived on our doorstep. Weve made everything from air fryer carrot fries, to air fryer frozen chicken wings and the list goes on and on.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
That is all you will need. Of course youll want to pair this with a meal most likely.
Frozen fish in air fryer is yummy, or try one of our chicken recipes too. I mean they can just be a quick snack too.
My teens can make them without me which is nice. Just pop them in and theyre just as good as at a restaurant.