Other Potato Recipes You Will Love
Perfectly crispy and easy Air Fryer French Fries are always a hit. Enjoy all the taste of fried taters without the added fat and calories.
- Beth Pierce
- Total Time:35 minutes plus soaking time
- Yield:4 servings 1x
- 23 medium Russet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
Are Air Fried French Fries Bad For You
Air Fried French Fries are much healthier than deep-fried potatoes. They contain a lot less oil and make them equivalent to baking french fries in an oven in terms of health.
For an extra healthy boost, you can cook these french fries with the skins still on. Potato skins include added fiber and potassium.
Other Recipes Youll Love:
How Much Food Can You Put In An Air Fryer
The basket on most air fryers is small. Theres enough room to comfortably cook two servings of meat or fish, or four servings of a vegetable side but thats it. It can be tempting to stack or squish food closer together to get as much food cooked at once as possible, but results will likely be disappointing.
You May Like: Accessories For Instant Vortex Air Fryer
You Dont Cook Veggies
Dont just stick to making friend chicken in thereyou can make fried veggie dishes that are delicious and packed with nutrients.
Air fryers are a lot like counter top convection ovens – only turbo versions. The machine uses the power of hot circulating air to make food cook quickly, she explains. You can make everything from stuffed peppers, to asparagus, to sweet potato hash in the air fryer in minutes, she says.
Its great for making veggie-based meals and sides with a crisp texture and fewer calories and fat.
How To Make Betterfrench Fries In An Air Fryer
I love thembut you can make them a little more exciting. Considerpre seasoning them before you put them in your air fryerit seems strange, butthey do come out better. Have you considered spicing them. I love nothingbetter than a crispy French fry sprinkled with a little paprika. The addedspice gives them a little kick.
Hopefully this should be enough information to get youcooking the best frozen French fries in your Air fryer.
Let me know what you thinkis there anything you do that makes your French fries different? How do you cook the perfect French fry in your air fryer?
See you soonJayne x
Recommended Reading: Breville Bov860 Review
How Do You Make Air Fryer French Fries
First, cut your potatoes into sticks and place them in a bowl of cold water. Soaking the potatoes allows them to release any excess starch, which makes for crispier fries. After the potatoes have soaked, pat them dry with paper towels. Toss the potatoes in vegetable oil and seasonings, then place them in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook the fries until they are golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with any dipping sauces that you like.
Why Are My Actifry Chips Soggy
It is possible to make mooshy fries / chips in you Actifry, and the cause is almost always too much moisture present in the pan. If you are making your fries from scratch from fresh potatoes, then the excess moisture could be coming from: the variety of potato you used was very high in moisture overcrowding the pan.
Don’t Miss: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
What Can You Not Cook In An Air Fryer
Things You Should Never Cook In An Air Fryer
- Dont attempt typical fried foods with a wet batter in an air fryer.
- Broccoli gets dry in an air fryer.
- Skip entire roasts or whole chickens in an air fryer.
- Cheese melts into a mess in an air fryer.
- Air fryers wont result in a perfect medium-rare burger.
- Air fryers cant cook foods like rice that need a lot of liquid.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Cooking Time
How long to cook your fries depends on the style and thickness of the potato. Follow these guidelines for the best results:
- For shoestring fries: Cook for 12 minutes.
- For crinkle cut and standard sized fries: Increase the cook time to 18 minutes.
*Cooking tip: Be sure to remove the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to move the fries around.
This will allow them to cook to their crispiest potential!
You May Like: Nuwave Bravo Xl Air Fryer Toaster Oven Reviews
How To Make French Fries In Air Fryer
Best Air Fryer Fries Tips
- Work in batches. Its essential that you spread the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket and that you leave a little space between each one. If theyre too crowded, the potatoes will steam inside the air fryer, and they wont get crispy. In order to give them adequate space, youll likely need to work in batches. When I use 2 russet potatoes, I cook 3 batches of fries.
- Not crispy yet? Keep cooking! The exact timing will vary based on your particular air fryer. I recommend checking your first batch at the 12 minute mark and adjusting your timing based on how they look at that stage. If theyre still not crispy, continue cooking until they crisp up.
- When it comes to doneness, taste is more important than appearance. Ive found that my air fryer French fries start to look done before they actually are done. Taste a fry from each batch to make sure its tender on the inside and crisp on the outside before you move on to a new batch.
- Toss them all in together at the end. Because youll be working in batches, some of the fries will have to sit around for a bit before you finish cooking. No one likes cold, soggy fries, so toss all the fries into the air fryer together for 1 to 2 minutes before you eat. This quick step will reheat the fries from the earlier batches and make them nice and crispy. Yum!
Recommended Reading: Dehydrating In Instant Pot Air Fryer
What Do You Serve With Tater Tots
Tater Tots are a classic side dish or party food. You can serve these with a meat main course as a potato side dish, or serve to a crowd of people as a party appetizer along with your sauces of choice.You can also add various toppings to your cooked tots cheese, sriracha, salsa and guacamole all work amazingly well!
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Frozen Fries
- Shake it up: To make sure your fires all get crispy and cooked evenly be sure to toss them gently half way through. Youll want to rotate the bottom to the top and move them around. You can shake them up more than once, if youd like. Some air fryers rotate, but youll still want to check and see how theyre doing half way through.
- Dont Overfill: For frozen fries you dont want to fill your air fryer more than half to ¾ full. You do not have to put frozen fries in a single layer, but you for do not want to over crowd the basket. You may end up with undercooked fries.
- Crispier: Depending on the thickness and type of fry you use, you might need to increase or decrease the cooking time. The longer you cook the fries, the crispier they will become.
Read Also: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
How Long To Cook Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
Frozen French fries are something that we all have in our freezers for a quick side dish. But did you know that you can use your air fryer to cut cook-time in half and increase the flavor of your frozen French fries?
So, how long to cook frozen French fries in air fryer? In just 15 minutes at 400 degree, you can have a delicious deep-fried, fast-food French fry taste with minimal oil.
What To Do If Yourfrozen French Fries Are Not Crispy
There are a couple of issues that might be the problem. Firstly, you may have packed the basket too tightly with too many frozen French fries. This means that the hot air is not circulating the food. Secondly, make sure that you have set the temperature correctly. If you have set the temperature correctly, put them back in and cook for a few minutes longer.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Bye bye, fast food! You wont need the drive-thru anymore if you have a bag of frozen french fries and an Air Fryer! The Air Fryer crisps up ready-made french fries better than anything, and they truly taste deep-fried. If youre looking for homemade air fryer french fries, youll love our crispy fast-food style recipe!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Should you click through to that product and make a purchase, 40 Aprons will receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you. Anything mentioned here is referred solely based on my experience and satisfaction with the company and/or product, and not because of any potential commission. Ill identify any affiliate links when they appear within the post!
Crispy French Fries In Under 30 Minutes Without Deep
I have long contended that potatoes, like eggs, are one of the most perfect foods. But for different reasons, of course.
My professed love for potatoes means I am always trying to find ways to prep them and cook them as quickly as possible.
What if there were a way to achieve crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside French fries in less than a half an hour? If I told you that it was possible to pull this off without the mess or hassle of deep frying potatoes, would you believe me?
Well there is a way and, yes, its true. Enter the air fryer.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Smallest Air Fryer
How To Serve Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
These french fries are going to be so tempting you may not need to worry about serving them with sauces. Theyll be gone before you can get them out of the basket. But if you can keep the fingers out of the air fryer, there are many ways to serve these frozen french fries. Ketchup is the original sauce that was made for french fries, but there are other sauces to dunk these air fryer fries in.
- Fry Sauce: This amazing sauce was solely invented to go with french fries. Its a grown up version of ketchup and it is divine. In my home it has replaced ketchup and mayo on hamburgers even. Its so good!
- Yum Yum Sauce: This popular sauce is light, sweet and tangy! An excellent choice!
- Cheese Sauce: Cover the golden fries in a rich thick cheesy sauce thats going to knock your socks off.
- Ranch Dressing: As my kids would say, everythings better with ranch dressing!
- Make your Own Sauce: Mix your favorite spices with a bit of mayo and ketchup to create a unique sauce of your own. Add chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder with mayo and ketchup for a spicy western sauce thats awesome. There are lots of possibilities.
You Use Too Much Or Too Little Oil
While some recipes dont use any oil, most doand its still significantly less than oils used in standard fried recipes. You only really need 1-2 teaspoons for most recipes or 1-2 tablespoons for breaded items.
For breaded recipes I like to mix the breadcrumbs with a 1-2 Tbsp of oil and it works great! For other recipes you can just brush lightly with oil – it ends up being only 1-2 tsp per serving for most recipes, she says.
Again though, it depends on the recipesome recipes need no oil at all, others you can get away with a light coating of oil sprayI use all kinds, depending what I am making,” she says.
Just dont go too crazy with the oil. Using too much oil can cause oil to drip and hit the bottom tray – this can lead the excess oil to burn and smoke! No fun, she says.
Read Also: Jcpenney Cooks Air Fryer
How Do You Cook Tyson Chicken In An Air Fryer
How To Make Tyson Chicken Strips Crispy? You air fry your Tyson chicken strips. There is not a better way to make your chicken strips crispy, than to air fry them. The crispy coating on them is amazing and reminds me of the crisp you have on chicken strips when you go out for southern fried chicken or go out to KFC.
Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
Crispy and crunchy homemade air fryer French fries. With just a few basic ingredients you can have French fries ready without the mess and grease of classic fried ones.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Frequently Asked Questions Of How To Cook French Fries
Why do I need to soak French fries before cooking?
You wouldnt like your French fries to be soft and crumby. Soaking will help to eliminate the starch making the delicacy crispy. Crispy French fries are a favorite of many people. Soaking them for more extended periods will give you the best results.
Which is the best way to cook the French fries?
The ultimate way to cook your French fries is by using an air fryer. You can use a dash air fryer for cooking the French fries. Dash air fryers are versatile, quick, and are very easy to use. They automatically switch off hence all you are required is to set a time limit. They also have a capacity of 2 quarts, therefore, enabling you to cook large quantities of French fries. Cooking French fries using an air fryer ensures that the French fries get crispy.
Other best air fryersthat you should consider using include Philips air fryer and cosori air fryer.
Which are the best potatoes for making French fries?
When cooking French fries, consider using Russet potatoes. These types of potatoes are dense thus, they dont contain a lot of water. Russet potatoes make crispy French fries.
How can I season the French fries?
Seasoning helps to add more flavor to the delicacy. You may opt to season your French fries by
How Long Do You Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
It usually takes just 6-9 minutes to cook frozen French fries in the air fryer. However, the cook time depends on your brand of air fryer, the basket size, and how full you fill the basket with fries.
I use the Instant Brand Vortex Plus Air Fryer. This air fryer takes a couple minutes to preheat before it starts cooking time. If your air fryer also does this, check your air fryer french fries after 5 minutes.
These days, most frozen french fries have air fryer instructions on the actual bag. Start with those instructions, and adjust as you see how it works in your air fryer.
The biggest tip with making frozen fries in the air fryer is to ensure theyre in a single layer. Piling the frozen fries into the basket wont allow enough air flow between the fries to get them cooked and crispy.
Also Check: Jcpenney Cooks Air Fryer Rebate
What Is The Best Way To Store Sweet Potatoes
Its best to store sweet potatoes in a cool, dark area. The best place is in a dark pantry or closed, dry cupboard in the garage.
They can also be stored in the fridge for up to three months.
You can also store them in the freezer for up to six months.
However, there are two issues with freezing your sweet potatoes: if theyre peeled before theyre frozen, youll have difficulty peeling them later when youre ready to use them.
If theyre cut before freezing, the pieces will stick together when thawed.
So its best to freeze an entire unpeeled potato , then cook it before eating.
What Is An Air Fryer
For those who are new to the appliance, an air fryer is essentially a super-powered countertop convection oven.
The top contains a heating element and fan, which blows hot air down and around the food on a rack below, cooking it quickly and making it crispy .
Unlike a standard oven, air fryers can preheat in minutes and their compact size means the food is ready faster .
One of the biggest appeals of an air fryer is that it can crisp food with very little oil.
For example, French fries are healthier in an air fryer, because unlike a deep fryer where the potatoes are completely submerged in a large amount of oil and also absorb the oil, you only need 2 teaspoons of oil to cook a generous batch of fries in the air fryer.
And let me tell you, I air-fried so many potatoes in my quest for the perfect French fry, the healthier factor is something I appreciated deeply.
This recipe is based on my go-to oven Baked French Fries. < If you dont own an air fryer and want fries that are healthy, that recipe is fabulous and yields the crispest possible fries in the oven.
Translating the original oven recipe to the air fryer, however, did present a few challenges.
In addition to determining the obvioushow long you air fry French fries I wanted to delve deeper.
After testing different air fryer French fry times, potato varieties, cut sizes, and even numbers of fries in the basket, I can say with complete confidence: these are the best air fryer French fries ever!
Read Also: Instant Pot Vortex Dehydrator