How To Air Fry Brussels Sprouts:
Prepare the sprouts Wash them and trip the ends off the sprouts. Next, slice them in half. Add them all to a bowl and top with avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Toss to coat them.
Cook them up Cook these seasoned sprouts for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F. Shake them halfway through to help them cook evenly. Check them and if you would like them to be more tender, cook in additional one minute increments.
Tips For Perfectly Crispy Results
You have some options when you’re making this recipe, and this section includes tips on how to get the best results.
To make air fried Brussels sprouts, simply slice your sprouts into ¼” thick pieces. This thin width helps them cook faster and increases surface area, which lets them get even crispier on the outside.
If you want to make Brussels sprouts for one in your air fryer, you can halve this recipe with no problems. It works like a charm! Your Brussels may cook more quickly in a less-crowded basket, so just keep an eye on them during the last few minutes of cooking.
You can also double the recipe and still cook everything up in one batch, but if you want to make more than twice as many, I’d definitely do this in batches.
If you crowd your Brussels sprouts in the basket, the ones in the middle won’t get crispy. Because a crowded basket can hinder air circulation, doubling the recipe may mean it takes a bit longer to cook.
If the Brussels sprouts in the middle of the basket aren’t to your liking when doubling this recipe, give the basket a thorough shake, and cook for 1-2 minutes at a time, shaking each time you stop, until they’re cooked through.
Measure out two cups of the sliced Brussels, then toss with oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Air fry, shaking once, and you’ve got perfect Brussels sprouts in under 15 minutes.
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
You dont need much to make these delicious Brussels sprouts. Here are the basic ingredients:
For the Brussels Sprouts:
- Brussels sprouts youll need 1 pound of fresh Brussels sprouts look for small to medium-size Brussels, as they tend to have better flavor. Any larger Brussels can be cut into quarters.
- Oil use avocado oil or olive oil
- Salt we prefer to use coarse sea salt in the recipe
For the Chipotle-Lime Aioli
- Mayonnaise use regular mayonnaise to make this recipe egg-free or vegan, use a vegan mayo
- Lime you will use both the zest and juice from 1/2 of a fresh lime
- Garlic youll need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Chipotle powder we call for chipotle powder so you can get that spicy-smoky flavor without needing to open a whole can of chipotle peppers you can sub smoked paprika for the same smoky flavor without the heat
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Looking To Buy An Air Fryer
If you are looking for anAir Fryer, you can find several choices onAmazon. Side note:If you are in the market for an air fryer, I recently created a post about the best air fryers on the market. The post is based off of reviews from friends, family and online consumers! Be sure to check out the best air fryers on the market!
Cuisinart Air Fryer For The Win
I love my Cuisinart Air Fryer! . It is more than just an Air Fryer, it is a way of life! Just kidding but it IS way more than an air fryer. It is also a toaster, broiler and convection oven. Say whaaaat?! It is also super spacious allowing you to cook everything in one batch. Other brands you have to do multiple batches to fit everything! Need I say more? This air fryer is currently sold on Amazon for 159.99 and I would buy it again in a heartbeat!
Recommended Reading: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
How To Cook Brussels Sprouts In An Air Fryer In 10 Minutes
- When cooking Brussels sprouts, air frying is much faster than oven roasting.
- Brussels sprouts are sturdy but the delicate leaves are prone to burning, so check on them often.
- Cutting sprouts into even pieces exposes their inner layers for ultra-crispy results.
- Visit Insiders Home & Kitchen Reference library for more stories.
Air fryers continue to be one of the most popular ways to quickly and conveniently make delicious crispy food. But when you fry foods in an air fryer, youre not actually frying them. The mini ovens use convection technology to speedily circulate hot air and cook foods to crispy perfection without the need to submerge items in oil.
Janet Dockery, co-author of Plant-Based Air Fryer Cookbook and one-half of the Vegan As Fork YouTube channel, says, Its healthier because you dont use as much oil or any if you choose not to you can really get away with not using any oil, and you get fantastic results.
To these plant-based foodies, the air fryer is the ultimate tool for turning veggies into tasty morsels.
- Its quicker than the oven. Because theres no preheating necessary with an air fryer, Brussels sprouts cook in almost half the time compared to oven cooking.
- Brussels sprouts are hearty enough to handle air frying. The tough veggies wont turn to mush or burn as quickly as more tender produce.
- Brussels sprouts are full of nooks and crannies. Hot air gets into the layers and crisps them up from the inside out.
Why This Recipe Works
Deep-frying brussels sprouts is something of a project and doesn’t yield the healthiest results. We wanted to see if we could use the air fryer to make fried brussels sprouts that kept their virtuous qualities but tasted as decadent as th… Read More
- 2 chocolate bar biscuit croissant topping
- 1 jelly cotton candy
- 2 caramels tart gummi bears
- 6 butterscotch caramel lollipops
- ¼ cup sugar
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Why We Love Crispy Air Fried Brussels Sprouts Using Less Oil
We love brussels sprouts and our collection of brussels sprouts recipes is quite extensive. But these simple and quick air fried brupsles sprouts are so easy, its hard to not eat them more often!
- They use such little oil compared to oven roasted brussels sprouts. By using less oil, they still are crispy.
- Best of all, they cook so much quicker than in the traditional oven. The hot circulating air gives a crispy caramelized texture.
- Its easy to make a small batch in minutes.
- If youre making this as a Holiday side dish, you can free up your oven for your big casserole dishes.
An Easy Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Air Fried Brussels Sprouts soak up the delicious garlic, olive oil, and parmesan flavors while cooking to create a lip-smacking combination. With just a little amount of prep work and a handful of ingredients, this recipe comes together in under 20 minutes.
No one will guess that these crispy sprouts were cooked in an air fryer!
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Duo Dehydrator
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- If you can, buy similar sized Brussels sprouts so they all cook evenly.
- You want the Brussels sprouts to be in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- If you are doubling the recipe, then cook in multiple batches. Note that as the air fryer is already heated with the first batch, the second batch will cook quicker.
How Do Brussels Sprouts Grow
We recently had a family day out at a local pumpkin patch and when browsing the market, I noticed a long trunk-like stem with little brussels sprouts sprouting out of it. I then realized that I had no idea how brussels sprouts grew until that very moment. For some reason, I thought they individually sprouted out of the ground like cabbages do, since they are kind of like mini cabbages, but no. I was quite wrong. So, I obviously couldn’t leave the farm without buying a couple stems.
The stems are also really easy to work with. To remove the sprouts from the stem, you just twist the brussels sprouts off.
Don’t Miss: Breville Bov860 Review
How To Prep Brussels Sprouts For Roasting
If youve never cooked brussels sprouts before, you might be a little intimidated and unsure of where to start.
If you buy brussels sprouts on the stalk, youll want to pop the individual sprouts off the stalk. They should snap off pretty easily by pulling backward on them.
If you buy loose brussels sprouts, you can obviously skip this step.
Prep each sprout by trimming off the root end and halving each one lengthwise. For large sprouts, cut them into quarters. The goal is for each cut piece to be roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
As youre prepping the sprouts, youll likely have some outer leaves fall off. Dont discard those! They get nice and crispy during roasting and are always my favorite part.
Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
Roasting brussels sprouts in the oven is usually my go-to way to get those crispy edges, but recently I made these roasted brussels sprouts in the air fryer, and it just may become my new favorite way to make them! It s much faster than the oven. This air fryer brussels sprouts recipe takes just a few minutes to prep, and they turn out perfectly crispy and golden brown after only 10 minutes of air frying.
Recommended Reading: Jcpenney Cooks Air Fryer
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are the easiest and quickest way to cook potatoes in your air fryer.
Air Fryer Zucchini Coins come out crunchy and dippable. You’ll love these!
Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes are a classic summertime dish that are way less messy and greasy when you air fry them.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a below! It helps other readers!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Oven Roasted Vs Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
If youve ever tried Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts before, youll know that the resulting vegetable is ultra-tender and caramelized, with a slightly crisp outside. Usually the outer leaves that fall off will get crispy, but the rest of the sprouts are pretty tender.
The air fryer produces Brussels sprouts that are totally different. They become soft and tender on the inside if you leave them whole, but the outside is unbelievably crispy and crunchy.
It will sound like you are biting into a handful of potato chips.
Also Check: Accessories For Instant Vortex Air Fryer
Frozen Brussels Sprouts In The Air Fryer
You can air fry Brussels sprouts from frozen. They will turn out less crispy than fresh Brussels sprouts, but will still be delicious.
- While I dont preheat the air fryer for fresh Brussels, I recommend preheating it for frozen. This way, the veggies will start to cook and crisp as soon as they hit the hot air fryer basket. Preheat for four minutes at 370° F.
- Frozen Brussels sprouts may need a few extra minutes of cook time. They are done when they are crisp-tender when pierced with a fork.
What Are Some Sauces I Can Dress My Brussels Sprouts With
I kept it simple and just enjoyed the sprouts as is, but you can make a sauce to dress the sprouts up. Dress them while theyre hot!
- Garlic butter: mince 2 cloves of garlic and heat with 1-2 tbsp butter over low heat.
- Creamy dijon: whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil with 1-22 tsp dijon, and 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar.
- Lemon dill butter: melt 1-2 tbsp butter over low heat and mix in 1 clove minced garlic with 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill and the zest of 1 lemon
- Balsamic butter: melt 1-2 tbsp butter and whisk with 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Honey mustard: whisk together 1 clove minced garlic with 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard and olive oil
- Honey garlic: heat up 1-2 tbsps honey with 2 tsp soy sauce and 1 clove garlic. Read more
- Vietnamese fish sauce: whisk together 1 tbsp neutral oil with 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp sugar, and a pinch of pepper flakes. Read more
- Spicy chili oil: mix together 1 tbsp soy sauce with 1/2 tbsp Chinese chili oil and 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar. Read more
- Miso: wisk together 1 tbsp neutral oil with 1-2 tsp miso, 1 tsp rice vinegar, pinch of sugar
You May Like: Reviews Of Power Air Fryer 360
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air fryer Brussels sprouts are the crispiest sprouts around! Follow these tips for perfect air fried Brussels sprouts:
- Dry them well after washing. Any moisture left on the sprouts will prevent them from becoming the crispiest.
- Halve or quarter the sprouts. The centers of Air fryer Brussels sprouts will be firmer than oven roasted Brussels sprouts. By cutting large sprouts into quarters and regular sized sprouts in half, youll end up with Brussels that are more tender in the center.
- Dont overcrowd the basket. For maximum crispiness, you want the hot air to circulate all around each sprout. So arrange the Brussels sprouts in a single layer, with a bit of space in between each one.
- Season them well! This recipe uses garlic and Parmesan cheese, plus plenty of salt and pepper to make these air fryer Brussels sprouts deliciously addictive.
Some Tips When Cooking With Air Fryer:
- Dont over crowd the baskets with food. Cook in batches if you need to .
- Dont forget to shake while cooking, but sometimes shaking the basket during cooking isnt enough. Gently toss the food with a rubber spatula so food doesnt break or tear.
- The bottom of the air fryers can get hot while cooking. Make sure to place on a heat-safe surface or wooded cutting board.
You May Like: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
My Favorite Brussels Sprout Recipe
Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables that you either love or you think that you hate.
I say you think that you hate because I cant tell you how many times Ive heard someone say they hate them, only to try a perfectly crispy roasted brussels sprout and change their mind.
Crispy brussels sprouts are kind of life changing, if you ask me.
You can make Spicy Glazed Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Goat Cheese, or even Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, but my favorite is this recipe right here: Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic.
Ive roasted my brussels sprouts in the oven many times, but in my opinion nothing beats the crispiness you get from air frying. Super crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and so good.
I love combining the kind of earthy flavor of the sprouts with salty bacon, sweet maple syrup, and a drizzle of really good balsamic vinegar.
Im not here to tell you how to live your life, but I recommend picking up a nice bottle of balsamic for these sprouts. You dont need much of it, but the flavor of a good balsamic will make all the difference here.
Which Air Fryer To Use
I know, there are a ton of air fryers on the market. So, let me help cut through the noise:
- Gourmia 5 Qt Air Fryer: I have been using this air fryer for over a year and I love the functionality. It has a ton of presets for common foods , which helps take the guesswork out of how long to cook certain things. Its also super easy to clean, so no complaints there.
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer: I havent used this one, but I definitely have my eye on it. This is a toaster oven, convection oven and air fryer all-in-one! If any of you snag it, please let me know how you like it in the comments below! I mean, cooking is a team effort, right?
Also Check: Power Air Fryer 360 Xl Reviews
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Super crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, air fryer brussels sprouts take just 12 minutes to cook with just a quarter of the oil required when roasting in the oven. The best part? It doesnt require any valuable oven space. Its the easiest Thanksgiving side ever.
Our new air fryer has been a total game changer for a wide variety of meals, especially roasted vegetables. We no longer have to wait 20 minutes for our oven to preheat, nor do we have to wait a longer amount of time to cook the same amount of vegetables. AND we cook the same vegetables with a fraction of the oil. Yup, game changer.
And when it comes to holiday dinner prep, or dinner prep any day of the week for that matter, time is of the essence. Your time is valuable, so why waste it waiting around if you don’t need to?