Tips For Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries In Air Fryer
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer basket, the air fryer works by circulating the air around your food, so when you overload it and cut off the airflow, you will cause your food to cook incorrectly.
- The cooking time will vary depends on the air fryer you own, cause every air fryer is different by a few minutes, so remember to check periodically on your Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries In Air Fryer.
- Do not even think about defrosting your curly fries, otherwise, they will become mushy.
- The best way to get the best crispy Air Fryer Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries is to make sure they are generously tossed with olive oil.
- Just use your own judgment about how much to put on, you just want each one to have some oil on them.
- For me I prefer to season my French fries before and after, I think they get a better flavor, but thats up to you.
What Are Curly Fries
Curly fries are a type of fried potato that is cut into a spiral shape. They are usually served as a side dish or appetizer. They usually contain some type of fry seasoning that is both savory and slightly smoky or spicy.
Both kids and adults love curly fries because of their fun shape and delicious flavor!
Heres What Im Going To Teach You In This Post:
- The easiest way to make delicious air fryer frozen curly fries in 15 minutes
- How long to cook curly fries in the air fryer so they turn out crispy every time
- Dipping inspiration to serve with your fries
- How to reheat leftover curly fries in the air fryer
The best part about making these fries is how excited the whole family gets. Eating them is like an acceptable form of playing with your food. After all, who can resist testing the springiness of each fry just before you dunk it in your favorite dipping sauce?
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
Recommended Reading: The Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Why Are My Air Fryer Curly Fries Not Crispy
There are a couple of things that might have gone wrong, but soggy fries are an easy fix! Usually, you just need to cook them for a few more minutes.
Always preheat before putting curly fries in the air fryer and be careful not to overcrowd the basket. There should be some gaps for the hot air to circulate around the food. Also, shaking or flipping frozen curly fries in the air fryer will help get them crispy on all sides.
Curly Fries Air Fryer Ingredients
Curly Fries Like I mentioned above, any brand of frozen curly fries will do a perfect job in the air fryer. Just use whatever is easiest for you to buy, or whichever is your favourite brand.
Spray We also recommend using some extra virgin olive oil cooking spray on your frozen curly fries as it really helps appetizers get crispy in the air fryer.
Sauce We love dipping sauce for our air fryer appetizers and its personal choice what you use with your curly fries. Though we used burger sauce.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this curly fries air fryer recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes and perfectly fits a big bag of store bought curly fries.
Recommended Reading: Gourmia Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven
What You Will Need
One bag of frozen curly fries of choice: I am using the Asda supermarket brand however, you can use any other brand of preference. Depending on your location, other popular brands available include but are not limited to Arby’s frozen curly fries, Mccain, Iceland, Tesco, Aldi, Ore Ida, Kroger, and many more.
Salt to season after cooking, this is optional
Best Air Fryer For This Recipe
First of all, the air fryer appliances are simply the best for frozen foods. So any one you have would suffice, from Ninja foodi, to power xl, Gourmia or Emeril lagasse, youll love how these frozen curly fries turn out crispy and delicious with no need for extra oil.
That being said these air fryer frozen curly fries were tested in my Cosori air fryer 5.8qt and my Instant pot vortex pro air fryer oven and I will be sharing instructions for both air fryers with you.
You should check out our Best frozen foods for air fryer appliances.
Read Also: Ninja Air Fryer Foodi Oven
How To Make Homemade Air Fryer Cajun Curly French Fries
The process is simple enough. Get yourself a couple of large baking potatoes. I used a spiralizer to make curly fries, but you can just slice them into french fry size if you’d like. I recommend getting a spiralizer, as it makes the process super easy.
I’ll link out to a good spiralizer and air fryer below so you can take a look at my recommendations.
Soak the potatoes in water for 30 minutes, then drain, dry, and toss them with your oil and seasonings. I call for a couple tablespoons of Cajun seasonings, but you can add more if you’d like. Potatoes can REALLY absorb the seasoning, that’s for sure!
Try my Homemade Cajun Seasoning blend for this. It’s SO GOOD.
Pop them into your air fryer and cook them for 10-15 minutes, tossing them here and there, until they are just to the level of crispiness you like. When they’re done, hit them maybe with another blast of salt and BOOM! You are good to go. Serve them up with a side of smashburger.
Enjoy! Let me know how this recipe turns out for you.
Serve these up with this awesome Jacked Up Fry Sauce Recipe.
Why Youll Love This Air Fryer Curly Fries Recipe
- Air fryer recipes are typically pretty simple, but this one is really simple. You virtually dont have to do anything except pour what you want out of the bag. They are already cut and pre seasoned to perfection!
- Have you ever had curly fries in air fryer products? Air fryers of all kinds are specially designed to get that crispy crunchy quality we adore in our fried foods. These curly fries have it all and they are so much better for you than the version bathed in hot cooking oil!
- Lets be honest, I know youll love this curly fries in air fryer recipe because everybody loves curly fries.
Don’t Miss: Pressure Cooker Air Fryer Combo Ninja
What Can You Serve With Curly Fries
Curly fries are a popular side dish for burgers and sandwiches.
They can also be served with your favorite dipping sauce, like ketchup, ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing.
Curly fries can also be enjoyed as a standalone snack.
Dipping sauce: Ketchup, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, etc.
Serving suggestion: a side dish for burgers and sandwitches or a standalone snack.
You can also try making these curly fries with sweet potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, or red potatoes.
Curly fries are a fun and healthier alternative to traditional french fries.
Air frying them is the most beneficial way to cook them, as it doesnt use any oil or butter.
You can customize the seasonings to your liking, making them taste however you want.
Curly fries make a great side dish or appetizer for any occasion.
Why You Will Love These Air Fryer Curly Fries
- Air frying food such as fries makes gives you that crispy outer layer without all the additional unhealthy fat and calories. It is important to know that most frozen food already comes precooked and in this case, fries are already pre-fried. While fries aren’t the healthiest meal out there, air-frying them gives them better chances.
- Depending on the brand you’re using, curly fries come already pre-seasoned, which simply implies that all you need is one ingredient and your air fryer to make this dish. While this isn’t really a recipe, following these steps to making your curly fries will ensure that they are crispy and delicious every time.
- You can enjoy these air fryer curly fries as a side dish or snack. They also make a great appetizer with any dipping sauce of choice.
Also Check: Instant Pot Or Air Fryer
Why Frozen Curly Fries In The Air Fryer Are The Best
- Frozen curly fries cook quickly within minutes! They are so delicious you will think they are homemade.
- Air fryer curly fries are crispier, tastier, and healthier! These twister fries taste even better with a delicious sour cream and onion dip or dipping sauce such as ketchup or barbeque sauce.
- Cooking in an air fryer makes for easy clean up. No oil means no mess!
Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries In Air Fryer
These Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries In Air Fryer can be ready in only a few minutes and boasting the same texture as the deep-fried variety. With the use of the air fryer, they will be healthier fries, they are the perfect sidekick to burgers, chicken tenders, or another favorite grilled protein.
When it comes to brands it’s not only Arby’s who sells these Frozen Curly Fries, at most local grocery stores, there are so many varieties of curly fries that are ready to jump right away into your air fryer. At most local groceries you can find regular curly fries, Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries, zesty curly fries, sweet potato curly fries, and zesty sweet potato curly fries.
You May Like: Pro Xl Air Fryer Oven
How Much Frozen Curly Fries Can I Cook At Once
This will depend on the size of your air fryer basket. I cook a full bag of frozen curly fries in my 5.5L Cosori and 5.7L instant vortex air fryer which has a square-shaped basket. For other models and brands, you may have to cook the fries in batches especially if your basket is small or round-shaped as opposed to square or rectangular.
How To Cook Frozen Curly Fries In Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 3-5 minutes, this recipe was cooked in an Instant Vortex air fryer and it comes with an automatic preheat setting. For other types of air fryers, you may have to manually set this function. that said if using Cosori, just press the preheat settings instead.
Place the frozen curly fries in the air fryer basket making sure not to overfill the basket.
Air fry for 15-18 minutes or until crispy to your liking but not burnt, shaking the basket every 5 minutes for even cooking. Serve immediately and season with some salt if desired.
You May Like: How To Make Potato Chips In Air Fryer
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
Heres how to make restaurant-worthy curly fries in the comfort of your own home.
- First, you need to preheat your air fryer to 400 F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting, just set the temperature to 400 F and wait for about five minutes so it can warm up. You want to put your fries in a hot oven.
- Put your fries in the basket, and air fry them for 7-10 minutes. Flip the fries a few times, and shake the basket so they are all getting exposed to the hot air in the fryer. Fries at the bottom, if you dont shake them, might not reach the same levels of crispiness we want.
- Finally, season with a little extra salt, and serve!
Do I Need To Defrost Arby’s Frozen Curly Fries Before Frying
When you going to air fry your French fries, do not let them thaw before using them, this will guarantees that the surface of the potato is sealed during the frying process, and you will get a crispy high-quality Arby’s Curly Fries. If you thaw your fries before cooking it will results in an excess absorption of fat and an undesirable greasy flavor.
Don’t Miss: Buy One Get One Free Air Fryer
Favorite Dipping Sauce For French Fries
The thing I like most about seasoned curly fries is that I can enjoy them with or without sauce. I find more than with other fries that I just eat these straight. However, I agree that the right dipping sauce makes seasoned curly fries taste even better. It also makes them go a lot faster. There is no right or wrong answer for the best sauce but ordinary ketchup is high in the running. Especially if its made fresh. Ranch and bleu cheese dressings also make very good dipping sauces for the fries.
How To Cook Perfect Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
Over the years, weve assembled a few ways that you can truly get the most out of your curly fries.
- Firstly, you need to preheat your air fryer to 400 F before putting the frozen fries in. If your air fryer doesnt have a preheat function, dont worry! You can simply set the temperature to 400 F and run it for five minutes. This will effectively preheat the air fryer like its an oven.
- If you have a basket air fryer, youll want to shake the basket with the fries in it relatively frequently. If youre using an oven style air fryer, simply flipping the fries with tongs will do the same job.
Recommended Reading: Samsung Wall Oven With Air Fryer
Things You Must Remember:
-Only use fresh, raw ingredients when air frying.
-Make sure the potatoes are in a single layer on the tray for even cooking.
-If the potatoes are not crispy after 20 minutes, continue air frying them in 2-3 minute intervals until they are.
-Curly fries are a popular side dish for burgers and sandwiches.
-They can also be served with your favorite dipping sauce, like ketchup, ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing.
-Enjoy them as a standalone snack!
How To Make Curly Fries In The Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Lay the frozen curly fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Some overlap is okay.
STEP THREE: Cook for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through until the fries reach your desired crispiness.
Also Check: Crux 2.2 Qt Air Fryer Reviews
Air Fryer French Fries Serving Suggestions
On their own, these air fryer French fries make a super fun snack or appetizer. Serve them simply with salt and pepper, or dress them up with fresh herbs, chili powder, garlic powder, or onion powder. Theyre also fantastic with dipping sauces! I love them with ketchup and mustard, but theyre tasty with out-of-the-box choices like chipotle sauce, chimichurri, or vegan cheese too.
Of course, these air fryer fries are also a great side dish. Pair them with any of these recipes for a fun, delicious meal:
How Long Does It Take To Cook Frozen Curly Fries In An Air Fryer
Each air fryer will be slightly different, but on average it only takes about 13-16 minutes to get crispy fries at 380F/193C. If you like your curly fries extra crispy, you can cook them longer, but check for any potential burning by minute 8.
Also Check: Croissant Air Fryer Toaster Oven
How To Cook Them
How long do I put frozen curly fries in air fryer?
Curly fries will generally take around 12 minutes in the air fryer. The time can vary depending on your air fryer model, how much you are cooking at the same time, and the brand of fries.
How do you cook frozen Arby’s curly fries in the air fryer?
Arby’s curly fries generally take 12 minutes to cook in the air fryer, but time can vary with your air fryer model and how much you’re cooking at the same time. Air fry at 400°F , and always start with preheating your air fryer.
Curly French Fries Dipping Sauce
A good way to enjoy delicious crispy fries is to pair them with your favorite dip!
We always have ketchup, barbeque sauce, and mustard at home but if you want to make things a little more exciting, you should check some of these amazing dipping sauces:
Melted Cheese: You can never go wrong with cheese and fries. Just add melted cheese and bacon bits and youre good to go!
Sour Cream and Onion Dip: A creamy and tangy vinegar-like dipping sauce with a savory hint of onion. These go incredibly well with curly fries and chicken nuggets!
Roasted Garlic Hummus: This garlic, lemon and creamy-textured dip is perfect for fries and chips. Its creamy, melt-in-your-mouth sauce filled with rich umami flavors will definitely knock your socks off.
Sriracha Mayonnaise Sauce: A sweet, spicy, and creamy mayonnaise dip thatll add the perfect zing to your sandwiches, tacos and crispy curly fries!
You May Like: How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryer
Best Air Fryer Fries Tips
- Work in batches. Its essential that you spread the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket and that you leave a little space between each one. If theyre too crowded, the potatoes will steam inside the air fryer, and they wont get crispy. In order to give them adequate space, youll likely need to work in batches. When I use 2 russet potatoes, I cook 3 batches of fries.
- Not crispy yet? Keep cooking! The exact timing will vary based on your particular air fryer. I recommend checking your first batch at the 12 minute mark and adjusting your timing based on how they look at that stage. If theyre still not crispy, continue cooking until they crisp up.
- When it comes to doneness, taste is more important than appearance. Ive found that my air fryer French fries start to look done before they actually are done. Taste a fry from each batch to make sure its tender on the inside and crisp on the outside before you move on to a new batch.
- Toss them all in together at the end. Because youll be working in batches, some of the fries will have to sit around for a bit before you finish cooking. No one likes cold, soggy fries, so toss all the fries into the air fryer together for 1 to 2 minutes before you eat. This quick step will reheat the fries from the earlier batches and make them nice and crispy. Yum!