What Ingredients Are In Air Fryer Pork Chops
It doesnt take much to make air fryer pork chops and you can always doctor-up the recipe. Here are the basic ingredients you need:
- Pork Chops Im all about using thick pork chops! You can use either boneless or bone-in.
- Olive Oil You only need about 1 tbsp of olive oil for brushing both sides of the pork chops. NEVER PUT OLIVE OIL STRAIGHT INTO THE AIR FRYER.
- Seasonings I used a combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and oregano.
How To Know When Your Pork Chops Are Fully Cooked
Your pork chops are officially done when you stick a Instant Read meat thermometer inside them and the temperature hits 145 degrees.
Make sure you are checking the thickest part of the pork chop and check the temperature of each one you cook.
It is completely possible to under cook pork chops just as it is with other meats. I take temperatures of meat very seriously with a 3-year-old in the house.
No need to cause salmonella and get anyone sick because you couldnt wait an extra 5 minutes.
Once the pork chops are done, pull them out immediately. This means youll want to get them as close to 145 as possible.
Pork chops continue to cook for a few minutes outside of the air fryer, making them easy to overcook.
Overcooking pork chops is what makes them taste tough and dry instead of being tender and juicy like they should be.
Keep reading for tips on how to make air fryer pork chops even juicier.
How To Cook Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
Whether you are making boneless or bone in pork chops in air fryer, the steps are the same:
- Make marinade. Mix pork chop marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 12 hours. Remove them from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Air fry. Add the pork chops to air fryer and cook, flipping halfway though, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
TIP: I recommend sticking a probe thermometer into the thickest part of one of the chops before you close the air fryer. This way you can ensure they wont overcook and dont let heat out to check for doneness.
- Rest. Allow chops to rest 2-3 minutes to keep them juicy.
Don’t Miss: Nuwave Air Fryer Jcpenney
How To Cook Pork Chops In An Air Fryer
Cooking pork chops in an air fryer is incredibly easy. Heres a quick summary.
The great thing about an air fryer, is that youre not really frying, but the food comes out all crispy and amazing, as if you were. Its like an oven on steroids where the food cooks super fast without drying out, and bonus you can avoid heating up your entire house, which is so nice in the summer months.
Adjusting The Pork Chops Seasonings
You can skip adding the seasoning to the pork chops, but you will lose out on a fair bit of flavor. At a minimum, I recommend sprinkling the chops with some salt and pepper.
Do not be afraid to alter the seasoning so that it is better suited for your tastes. For example, other herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, mustard, or even cumin will work nicely with the porks flavors.
If you come up with an amazing combination that you would like to share, then be sure to leave a comment at the bottom of the page.
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator Recipes
How To Make Pork Chops In The Air Fryer:
Seasoning In a small bowl stir together your garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Then drizzle a bit of oil over your pork chops. Now sprinkle the mixed seasoning over the pork chops and rub the seasoning into both sides of the pork chops.
Cook Cook the pork chops in a preheated air fryer for 10 minutes. Check the center temperature of the pork chops and ensure they are 150 degrees F. If not cook for an additional one or two minutes and check again. Time may vary based on the thickness of your pork chops and your model of air fryer.
Let the pork chops rest for five minutes before serving.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Choose chops that are of uniform size and shape so they all cook evenly.
- Be sure to pat them dry with a paper towel so the rub sticks to the meat.
- If you skip the brine, add salt to the rub!
- Ensure the chops are 3/4 thick. If theyre thinner, cook for less time. If theyre thicker, cook longer.
- Make sure the air fryer is pre-heated .
Read Also: Instant Air Fryer Dehydrator
Set The Temperature To 390f And Cook For 7 Minutes Or Until An Instant Read
How to cook pork chops in air fryer. In a small bowl add the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork is around 75°c . Air fry at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
Check every few minutes as the thickness of the pork chops. Then spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray. Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes.
Working in batches if necessary, place the pork chops in the air fryer basket without overlapping. Place two pork chops in the basket without touching each other. Flip the chop over and allow the seasoning to coat the other side of the pork chop.
Place the seasoned pork chop in the air fryer. Place 4 boneless pork chops in the power air fryer xl. Coat the pork chops in the seasoning.
Remove the pork chops from the packaging and place on the cutting board. Our homemade breaded crispy pork chops recipe here is. Then flip the pork chops and cook.
Rub on the pork chops. While you air fryer is preheating, rub a little bit of olive oil over the pork chops and sprinkle the herb mixture over the chops, covering all sides. Then season is season it all seasoning.
Air fry the pork chops until they start to turn golden, then flip and cook. Air fryer pork chops we tested several brands of air fryer shake and bake pork chops and they were amazing! In the basket of your air fryer add pork chops.
How to Make Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops The Easy Way in
How Long Do You Cook Pork Cutlets In The Air Fryer
Once all of the cutlets have been dredged, you can start cooking them. Its important to only cook as many cutlets as will fit in the bottom of the air fryer basket without over lapping. Overlapping the cutlets will not allow them to cook evenly or brown properly.
I preheat my oven to 185F so I can transfer the cooked cutlets from the air fryer basket onto a rimmed baking sheet and into the oven to stay warm and crisp while I cook the rest of the cutlets.
With the air fryer set to 360F, the cutlets take about 9 minutes total time. Turning them half way through the cooking time will ensure that the crust is crispy and browned on both sides.
Read Also: Power Air Fryer 360 Reviews
Why Make This Recipe
- They cook perfectly crispy on the outside, yet the inside stays super moist.
- They are made from affordable and simple pantry stapes.
- meal prep-friendly prep ahead for quick cooking or quick week night suppers or family lunches.
- Perfect for serving up at your big Mardi Gras celebration meal, these best pork chops areeverything that delicious pork chops should be.
Should I Use Parchment Paper
You can go either wayuse it or dont use it. I personally have not used parchment paper in an air fryer before. It doesnt bother me having to wash out the air fryer basket, it literally takes me a minute.
However, the reason some people like using parchment paper is to line the bottom for easier cleanup. Those who do choose to use parchment paper, recommend using the type that is already precut for air fryers. Not only are they pre-cut, but they have holes in them to help circulate the air.
Here is a link for air fryer basket parchment liners if you are looking for them.
Also Check: Instant Pot Vortex Dehydrator Recipes
How To Know When Air Fryer Pork Chops Are Done
Its tough to tell whether air fryer fried pork chops are done just by looking at them, which is why I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
For the best air fryer pork chops that are both juicy and safe, they should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. As they rest, the temperature can still rise several degrees, so you may want to remove them when your thermometer reads around 140-143 degrees F.
If you dont have a thermometer, the time ranges above are a useful guide. However, the risk of over- or under-cooking is a bit higher.
Why Make Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
The real question is Why NOT make pork chops in the air fryer?
I was a little hesitant because I am kind of new to this new air fryer world. But let me tell you it is SOOOO easy, that you are going to be hooked.
One of the best reasons for making pork chops in the air fryer is that you dont have to worry about frying them on the stove and the mess that it makes. Its self-contained and you dont even have to keep checking on it while they are cooking. Youre gonna love it.
You May Like: Instant Pot Duo Dehydrator
Make A Rub For Air Fryer Pork Chops
For this recipe for air fryer pork chops, we will not be breading the pork chops. Rather, we will be making a rub seasoning mix which we are going to very liberally apply to the meat. The rub is very simple too. Well use brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. We mix it together and rub it all in to pork chops that have been rinsed, dried, and coated with a little olive oil. Rinsing the pork chops and patting them dry with a paper towel is important so dont skip that step.
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
Pro Tip: Be careful not to overcook the pork chops, or theyll become chewy and dry. One of our favorite tools for fail-proof meats is an instant-read thermometer. Air fry until the internal temperature reaches 145 in the thickest portion of the pork chops.
Also Check: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
Dinner has never been easier than with these easy Air Fryer Pork Chops. A little seasoning and 10 minutes cook time is all it takes to get these healthy, moist and delicious pork chops on the table. Your family will love them!
If you’ve been following me, you know that my new love is cooking everything from appetizers to main meals to desserts in my Air Fryer. It’s one of the most convenient appliances I’ve ever owned! It’s not only easy to use but easy to cleanup too. And these Air Fryer Pork Chops are no exception.
I made a perfectly seasoned entrée for dinner in just 15 minutes! And the air fryer keeps the pork chops moist and browns them perfectly, all at the same time. Plus these pork chops have no breading making them healthy, low carb, and keto friendly. Woohoo!
Why Youll Love This Dinner
- Pork chops are always a family favorite.
- Cooking chops in the air fryer ensures theyre juicy inside with a crisp coating.
- They can be breaded up to 24 hours before cooking making meal time easy.
- The air fryer is easy to cook in and easy to clean.
Also Check: Reviews Of Power Air Fryer 360
Thick And Juicy Pork Chops Made Easy
Have you ever had pork chops turn out dry? Thats a common issue with cooking pork chops at home. But, Im here to tell you, it doesnt have to be that way! My secret weapon for no-fail juicy pork chops? Air frying! Using your Air Fryer, its easy to make thick, juicy pork chops, every time.
Why does air frying pork chops work so well? The short answer is convection heating. Essentially, air fryers are mini convection ovens, which bake much more effectively than normal ovens. With convection heat, pork chops cook quickly, developing a crispy exterior while staying juicy inside.
This recipe for air-fried pork chops uses a seasoning rub, but no breading, so the finished chops are also low carb and keto-friendly.
The spicy rub is full of flavor, and slightly sweet to complement the natural sweetness of the pork. And, theres no need for excess oil! Air frying uses a minimum amount, for maximum results!
Tips For Perfect Pork Chops
- Ensure chops are equal in size and thickness so they all cook at the same rate.
- Always preheat the air fryer so the hot air can instantly seal the outside, keeping in all the delicious juices!
- Keep a small space between food so the hot air can circulate around and cook everything properly.
- Like pork tenderloin, pork chops can be a little tiny bit pink in the middle to ensure theyre juicy.
- Internal temperature should read 140°F, test at the thickest part of the meat. Remove it from the air fryer a few degrees before as the meat will continue to cook once removed from the air fryer.
- I highly recommend an instant read thermometer to ensure they dont overcook.
- Always allow meat to rest before serving.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Duo Crisp Dehydrator Recipes
Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops are such a simple and delicious recipe made in your Airfryer. Are you looking for a delicious, healthy breaded pork chop recipe? Youre in the right place! I use panko breadcrumbs for the breading on my crispy pork chops, which gives them that extra flaky, crispy crunch that you really want with a good breaded pork chop recipe!
Recipe Notes And Helpful Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pro-Tip avoid the dreaded breading fingers and use one hand for the dry ingredients and the opposite hand for the egg mixture.
- This recipe is written for chops that are cut about 1/2 inch thick.
- Avoid overcooked and dry porkchops with an instant read thermometer. Pork chops are cooked through enough when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- These are best served about five minutes after coming out of the air fryer however if delayed simply put the chop back in the preheated air fryer for about 1 minute.
- I use Italian panko breadcrumbs for ease but you can use regular panko breadcrumbs and add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Instant Pot Dehydrator
Can You Make This Recipe In The Instant Pot
I love my Instant Pot as much as my Air Fryer, and it works so wonderfully for this type of recipe! Use thicker cuts that will hold up well to the internal pressure of the Instant Pot. In addition, keep in mind, that the end result wont be as crispy!
You can even use the Instant Pot to cook both your veggies and meat at the same time. But dont take my word for it. Try these pork recipes out for yourself!
How To Make Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
Before you start cooking, make sure you spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray. This will make the pork chops easier to flip as they cook.
Place the pork chops in a bowl and drizzle them with olive oil.
Then, sprinkle the pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika on both sides. Rub the spices into the pork chops with your hands so they are evenly seasoned.
Put the seasoned pork chops in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, flipping the pork chops halfway through the cooking time. Youll be able to smell them when they are almost finished cooking.
Serve and enjoy!
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator