Ninja Foodi Sweet Potato Fries
Do you love French fries but want to indulge in a healthier option? If so, give these crispy sweet potato fries a look.
The sweet potato is one of the most versatile foods in the world, and theres no reason to not enjoy this delicious vegetable the same way we enjoy white potatoes.
With this recipe, you will be using homemade Cajun seasoning that you can also use in future recipes. Whats not to love?
The sweet potato fries are tossed with a tablespoon of olive oil to give them crispiness.
Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker & Air Crisper Sizes
The Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker & Air Crisper comes in 3 different sizes a 5 quart/4.7 liter, a 6.5 quart/ 6 liter, and an 8 quart/ 7.5 liter.
The size you choose is based on the type of cooking you want to do as well as the space you have in your kitchen or where you want to keep your Ninja Foodi. One important thing to keep in mind is the circumference of all three sizes is the same, only the height is different.
The 5qt Ninja Foodi is a good choice when you want a smaller appliance and only plan on making one-pot meals, soups, small roasts and chickens. The 5 quart is not the best choice if you want to do layered meals or 360 meals because there isn’t enough room for 3 layers. You can do 2 layers of cooking with the right accessories.
The 6.5 qt Ninja Foodi is very versatile and is the size I use in most of my recipes. You can make almost anything in it and there are plenty of accessories that will fit.
The 8 qt Ninja Foodi is the tallest of the three and is great if you like to make large pots of soups, more than 6 services of one-pot meals, and cook larger cuts of meats. The only downside to the 8qt from my standpoint is it sits a little high for me to comfortably work with because I’m on the short side .
Using The Ninja Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Buy: Ninja Air Fryer Toaster Oven at Amazon
For the Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, and Bake functions:
- To start the cooking process, use the dial to select the function you want. The default time and temperature setting will display. The oven will also remember your last time and temperature used great for favorite recipes, so you dont have to reset every time.
- To adjust the time, press the TIME/SLICE button and use the dial to change it. Press the TIME/SLICE button again to set the time.
- To set the temperature, press the TEMP/DARKNESS button and turn the dial to your recipes temperature. Press the TEMP/DARKNESS button again to set the temperature.
- Place your food on the sheet pan or in the Air Fry basket and slide the pan or basket in the oven. Press START/PAUSE to begin cooking.
For the Toast or Bagel functions:
- To start the toasting process, use the dial to select the function you want. The default number of slices and darkness levels will display, and the oven will remember your most recently used settings for maximum efficiency in the morning.
- Place your bread or bagels, cut-side up, on the rack.
- To adjust the number of slices, press the TIME/SLICE button, and use the dial to change it. Press the TIME/SLICE button again to set the number of slices.
- To adjust how dark you want your toast or bagels, press the TEMP/DARKNESS button and turn the dial to your desired level. Press the TEMP/DARKNESS button again to set the level.
- Press START/PAUSE to begin toasting.
Recommended Reading: Emerilairfryer360 Com Coupon
What Can You Cook With A Ninja Foodi
- Just about everything!!
- let me tell you, the most basic things like fish sticks are SO much better than cooking them in the oven
- you can even cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker like Ninja Foodi frozen pork chops too!
You can read our entire Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi review here to make an informed decision yourself if you are on the fence.
Then you can cook all the air fryer Costco recipes you want if youre a big box store lover.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Bacon
Who needs bacon drenched in grease when air frying has just a fraction.
The second you taste the crispiness of the bacon, youre guaranteed to fall in love with your Ninja air fryer.
Breakfast just got a whole lot easier with this easy to make dish.
Fry up some eggs on the stove while your air fryer works on the bacon!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
The second I got my hands on a Ninja air fryer I couldnt stop making this recipe.
Theres nothing better than fresh and crunchy fries paired with your favorite dipping sauce.
I recommend pairing this dish with a garlic aioli or a chipotle sauce.
Say goodbye to takeout and freezer fries and hello to absolute perfection.
If youre getting a little tired of traditional french fries, then this is the dish for you.
Its time to introduce the versatility of the sweet potato.
Chop up the veggies into ¼-½ inch thick slices and season to your liking.
This recipe calls for paprika and garlic powder, alongside a drizzle of olive oil.
Finish the dish off by garnishing with some parsley and enjoy.
While barbeque season might just be around the corner, theres still time to put the air fryer to use.
Grab your go-to cut of meat for a deliciously tender and juicy steak.
Youre sure to have a perfectly cooked inside, with a crispy and flavorful outside.
If there is anything that can rival a grill, its totally a Ninja air fryer.
Don’t Miss: Club Chefman Recipes
Ninja Foodi Smart Xl Grill With Air Fry
Another multifunctional Ninja appliance, the Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill is an indoor countertop grill and air fryer all in one. This model uses 500 degree F cyclonic air and a combination of direct heat to sear, sizzle, and crisp food just like an outdoor grill. The grill grate can fit up to six steaks, 24 hot dogs, along with mains and sides at the same time and a built-in thermometer helps you achieve the perfect cooking temperature with four smart protein settings and nine customizable doneness levels. It has six cooking functions so you can grill, air fry, bake, broil, and dehydrate and thanks to its temperature-controlled grill grate, splatter shield, and cool-air zone it is guaranteed to keep the smoke under control and out of your kitchen.
How To Preheat Ninja Foodi Air Fryer: 5 Steps
The Ninja Foodi Air Fryer is one of the most popular air fryers on the market.
If you are a new user and wondering whether or not you need to preheat the air fryer before you begin preparing your favorite dishes in it, the answer isnt a straightforward yes or no.
There are a few different views on this subject and it depends largely on what type of food youre going to be cooking in your Ninja Foodie Air Fryer.
All The Functions Of Ninja Air Fryer Control Panel
Top Post: 8 Best Air Fryer Under $50 in 2021
What Comes With The Ninja Foodi
Your Ninja Foodi will arrive in a large box which is fairly heavy, so be careful lifting it. There is a second box and inside that box is the actual Ninja Foodi. Everything is packaged very well for shipping.
Ninja Foodi Cookbook: There is a cookbook with over 45 recipes to get you started. Also included in the back are charts that give you guidelines for cooking with different settings and timing for various foods.
I have heard from numerous people that the recipes in the book tend to be salty, so use your judgement with the seasoning recommendations. * The recipes in this cookbook use Kosher salt and that is very different from table salt. You can use either Kosher or sea salt OR reduce the amounts considerably if you are using table salt.
I have only tried the Macaroni and Cheese recipe and I have to say it was horrible. I even cut way back on the salt and it still was inedible. If you make it, leave out the baking soda as I think that was the culprit. They added baking soda to preserve the texture of the noodles, but it really gave the whole dish a weird taste and a strange color.
From the feedback I get, the Whole Chicken recipe is very good and people rave about the Chicken Pot Pie.
If you have tried any of them, please leave us comment with your thoughts on the recipe in the comment section at the bottom of this post. That way everyone can share and learn from each other.
*N/A on the OL Models
Here is a video showing the differences between the OL601 and the OL701
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Dean Biscuit Roll Ups Air Fryer
Ninja Foodi Deluxe Fd401 Fast Facts
- Ninja Foodi is a multi-use pressure cooker that also crisps
- The Ninja Foodi Deluxe features an extra-large 8-quart nonstick inner pot
- Also comes with a 5-quart cook and crisp basket and a deluxe reversible rack to use when cooking smaller meals
- Special air fryer lid adds air frying to the list of eight other dedicated cooking modes
- The nine cooking modes include Pressure Cook, Air Fry/Air Crisp, Steam, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Sear/Saute, Bake/Roast, Broil, Dehydrate
- Ninjas special tender crisp technology lets you cook your food in the pressure cooker, and then the special crisping lid finishes off your dish with a crispy golden-brown finish
- Air fryer results in up to 75% less fat compared to deep-frying
- Cook up to 70% faster compared to traditional cooking methods
- 6.5-quart capacity, nonstick coated pot that is PTFE/PFOA free and easy to clean
- Enough capacity to cook for your entire family
Ninja Foodi Potato Chips
After you cook your first French fries in your Ninja Foodi air fryer, the next thing you probably want to cook is homemade potato chips.
One of the hardest things to give up when we start to live a healthier lifestyle is those addictive potato chips. You really cant eat just one.
The good news is that when you cook your potato chips in the air fryer, you dont have to limit yourself to just one.
Some sea salt makes these air fryer potato chips as perfect as can be.
Recommended Reading: Gourmia Gta 2500
What Can The Ninja Foodi Do
- Pressure cook
- we shared a bunch of Ninja Foodi pressure cooker recipes here too
And we have a bunch of easy and healthy Ninja Foodi recipes of all kinds you can try.
- Air fry
Which are the best pressure cooker machines for our family?
- My 8 qt. Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi are the perfect duo!
- I like the added size and height of my 8 qt. IP
- I love the air fryer function of my Ninja Foodi multi cooker machine.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
This dish is super quick and easy to prepare, and only takes 15 minutes in the air fryer.
I love making zucchini fries as a side dish when Im barbequing as a keto alternative to traditional fries.
These bad boys are super crunchy and the definition of savory.
The panko breadcrumbs paired with the parmesan cheese completely transform the vegetable into an absolute delight.
Yep, you read that correctly. You can actually make popcorn in your air fryer!
The versatility of the Ninja just never seems to amaze me.
Simply line the bottom of your air fryer with aluminum foil, add some butter and kernels, and just wait for the magic to happen.
Finish the dish off with a pinch of salt or your favorite toppings.
I love drizzling my dish with caramel sauce for a sweet and salty mix!
These air fryers stuffed peppers are ideal to make when looking to whip up a whole meal.
Loaded with carbs, protein, and fat, this recipe is the definition of well rounded.
While the dish calls for green peppers, I recommend switching them out for red or yellow peppers if youre looking for something a little sweeter.
Youll be able to throw this recipe together in only a few minutes. Once the prep is done, let your Ninja take over.
It is called a Ninja for a reason!
The eggplant will be perfectly tender on the inside while crispy on the outside.
While this dish is scrumptious on its own I recommend adding a marinara sauce to truly up the game.
Recommended Reading: Nuwave Oven Reviews Consumer Reports
Place The Racks Inside
The multi layer rack in a Ninja air fryer is a wonderful solution for preparing larger meals with multiple ingredients.
You will want everything to be prepared at the same time rather than doing it one by one. This is where the rack comes in handy and can be removed when you dont need it.
The first step is to place the removable racks into the Ninja air fryer.
This will ensure you have the placement right and the appliance can be turned on to start the heating process.
Make sure the racks are firmly in place and dont start dropping as soon as a bit of weight is put on them. You can press on the racks to ensure they are where they need to be.
How Does The Ninja Air Fryer Work
Get this one that offers 7 different functions in one machine.
Why do I love this machine??!!
OH let me count the ways..I do really love multi function kitchen appliances like this. The main ones I use are pressure cooker and air fryer.
- Weve even made mini molten chocolate cakes and air fryer brownies for dessert!
- And air fryer spinach chips or soft and buttered as well.
That is right! You can bake in it like this bundt air fryer cornbread as a side dish too.
- There are more functions than just one like the others. Youll be able to replace your steamer and rice cooker too. As I shared above, you can even bake in it!
- The air fryer basket is a bit smaller than the Cosori above because its round, but the added functions kinda make up for it.
- You can see the air crisp lid below, there is a different one for the other functions.
It really depends on what youre looking for. If you dont have an Instant Pot yet I would recommend a Foodi instead since you can crisp in it as well.
- If you do have one, you can turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer with this CrispLid.
- It is a cheaper option but if youre going to air fry everything youll want something more than just this.
- I would recommend one of these 3 above.
The difference is that the lid only browns a few spots on top of the food facing up.
The biggest difference is the size of the basket and machine itself:
Also Check: Emeril 360 Coupon Code
Ninja Foodi Buffalo Cauliflower
Looking for a fun and quick game day recipe to celebrate your favorite team? Then these buffalo cauliflower bites are your best friend.
Simply cut up some cauliflower, coat it in buffalo sauce, and cover each piece in a bread crumb and spice mix.
I love serving up this dish as a scrumptious appetizer rather than going the traditional chicken wing route.
Its time to switch up your snacks for this healthy and light kale chip recipe.
This dish is filled with nutrients and is made in only three easy steps.
From savory to salty, these air fryer kale chips are the perfect balance of perfection.
This low-fat dish is ideal if youre looking to cut down on carbs, yet want something to snack on.
If youre over roasting, sautéeing, and steaming broccoli, then its time to switch it up.
Crispy air fryer broccoli paired with a garlic aioli? Yum!
While the broccoli might be the main part of the dish, the garlic aioli makes the recipe magical.
This recipe makes an ideal side dish paired with absolutely anything. Or instead, enjoy this dish on its own.
Looking to make a mouth watering appetizer? Then this dish is for you!
These fried pickles are juicy and crunchy, without the excess oil and grease.
Who needs the extra calories when ordering this dish from a restaurant when you can recreate it at home?
This healthier alternative is loaded with flavor and will leave you craving more.