Can You Reheat Tater Tots In An Air Fryer
I absolutely love reheating food in my air fryer andreheating these air fryer tater tots are definitely possible.
Other Air Fryer Recipes Youll Love:
What To Serve With Tater Tots
- Air fried tater tots make a great side dish with burgers, sandwiches, or even steak.
- Season them with some taco seasoning before cooking and serve them alongside tacos.
- Skip the hash browns and serve them at with a breakfast casserole or bacon and eggs.
- Try them with a bowl of beanless chili so good!!
- Of course, theyre great as a snack all on their own.
- No matter how or what you serve your potato tots with, try adding a little shredded cheese, turn off the air fryer, then allow the tots to sit for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts. Theyre just like cheesy french fries!
- We love them with Air Fryer Brats!
Your Air Fryer Is The Secret To The Crispiest Tater Tots
Air fryer tater tots are impossibly easy. Simply fill the basket of your air fryer with about half a bag of tots , then air fry until golden and crisp. Youll want to shake the basket about halfway through cooking, but dont flip the tots with a spatula they can easily break apart once theyre thawed but before their crusts have crisped.
Serve the hot tots as is, or shake seasoned salt over top for an easy one-ingredient upgrade.
You May Like: Jimmy Dean Loaded Potato Breakfast Bowl
Family Size Tater Tots:
These are basically large Tater Tots that you would find at family restaurants, for example, Applebees. They are made in a huge pressurized fryer, so theyre super cheesy inside and crispy outside! Family-sized Tater Tots are usually served with melted butter on top, but people do not always serve them with melted butter on them. Instead, some people will eat them plain!
Tater Tots were created by Ore-Ida, which is now known as The H.J. Heinz Company. Their headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. There are about 36 different ingredients that together to make up a bag of Tater Tots and Tater Tots tub. The Tater Tots tub requires about 2.4 pounds of potatoes, while the Tater Tote bag only requires one pound of potatoes!
Tater Tots can be found in grocery stores all over North America, Europe, and Australia. In the United States alone, there are around six billion Tater Tots made every year! It was estimated that in 2008 Americans consumed about 1.7 billion orders of French fries and ate around two million orders of Tater Tots! Of course, they did not account for the number of times people must have ordered both French Fries and Tater Tots because there is no way they ate two million servings! Either way, we know were Tater Tots are Tater Tots love Tater Tots!
Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots
Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots are ready in just 15 minutes. Learn how to cook frozen tater tots in an Air Fryer with a golden-brown crunchy exterior and a creamy soft interior. Serve them with our Air Fried Frozen French Fries, Air Fryer Pizza Rolls or Frozen Burritos in Air Fryer for triple the yum! You could even use these for Carne Asada Fries.
Making Air Fryer Tater Tots is much easier than making fried tater tots recipes. A HUGE bonus is to NOT have to lug out the huge bottle of oil. Who wants to clean up all that gross grease anyway?? Hard pass. Plus, in my postage stamp size home Id be smelling the scent of baked grease for days.
Recommended Reading: Jimmy Dean Sandwich In Air Fryer
What Ingredients Do You Need To Cook Frozen Tater Tots In An Air Fryer
Heres what you need to cook frozen tater tots in an air fryer:
- an air fryer
- spray oil I only use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray. It is not recommended to use non-stick cooking sprays in the air fryer.
- frozen tater tots I buy 32 ounce bags and then weve got enough for two rounds in the air fryer.
- salt drastically improves tastes, dont skip! If youre concerned about sodium, buy unseasoned frozen tater tots with potatoes as the only ingredient.
How Long Do You Cook Tater Tots At 400
How long do you cook Tater Tots at 400? Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the tater tots and the olive oil in a bowl. Toss to coat, spread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Remove the tater tots from the oven, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a mixing bowl.
Don’t Miss: Air Fryer Turkey Croquettes
Tater Tots In Air Fryer Oh Yeah
Making Tater tots or puffs right in your air fryer produces perfect crisper puffs that taste like these were made from scratch and deep fried.
My kids love air fried puffs so much I let them make it themselves with little supervision. Thats one of the fun things about having an air fryer.
The kiddos can make some of their favorite snacks right in there. My daughter has not only become a potato puffs pro, she is also an air fryer chicken nuggets pro!
Tips For Delicious Results
- Check the Size: Frozen tater tots come in various sizes and sometimes different shapes. Check the baking time on the bag and reduce it by one-quarter. For example, the tater tots I used called for 20 minutes baking time. I reduced this time by ¼th and came up with 15 minutes air frying time
- Toss Gently. Halfway through the cooking time, toss your tater tots by gently shaking the basket from side to side and front to back. The tater tots are still very soft and could crumble if tossed another way.
- Explore Different Seasonings. In place of the kosher salt, season with onion salt, garlic salt, seasoning salt, chili powder, paprika, or ranch dressing powder.
- Dips and Sauces. Serve your air fryer tater tots with ketchup, mustard, ranch dressing, honey mustard, or a barbecue sauce such as this homemade Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce.
- Leftovers. Any leftover air fryer tater tots can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. To reheat, air fryer them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 to 3 minutes. If your air fryer has a Reheat feature, you can also use that function. Follow your air fryer manufacturers instructions for this feature.
- Loaded Air Fryer Tater Tots. Top your tater tots just like a loaded baked potato to take them up a notch. Top your tots with crispy bacon pieces, melted cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions.
You May Like: America’s Test Kitchen Best Air Fryer
Seasoning Air Fryer Tater Tots
Granted, these crispy treats are great when served with ketchup and salt to keep things simple. Nonetheless, it doesnt hurt to get fancy and drizzle some seasoning on tater tots.
Add about two teaspoons of your favorite seasoning to 16 ounces of tots right after spraying them oil, then sprinkle salt before air frying them.
Here are few seasoning ideas you can try out on 16 ounces of frozen tater tots alongside salt.
- Cajun Tots: 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
- Garlic Tots: ½ tablespoon of garlic powder coupled with ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- Seasoned Tots: 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt
- Taco Tater Tots: ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ tablespoon cumin, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, and ½ tablespoon chili powder
- Seafood Tots: ½ tablespoon garlic powder and 1½ tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
Tater Tots In Air Fryer
I bet you remember these babies from your childhood. Whether they were served alone as a quick snack, or a side dish with meatloaf they are just so yummy. Everyone loves them.
THIS is the new way to cook them though that is WAY better than in the oven yall.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page too so you can find new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
Recommended Reading: Schwan’s Chicken Cordon Bleu In Air Fryer
Ingredients For Frozen Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Tater Tots, Tater Puffs or Tater Rounds: You can use any brand including the original Ore-Ida brand. You can also check out Whole Foods 365 Tater Puffs or Kroger Tater Rounds.
- Cooking Spray: Cooking spray is optional. However, cooking spray helps sticking if you are cooking a larger batch.
- Salt: Optional. See recipe notes for optional seasoning ideas. You can also sprinkle with some Rosemary Salt to make things exciting!
How To Cook French Fries In An Air Fryer
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here youll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Preheat your air fryer and spray the basket with oil.
In a bowl, spray the fries lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt if desired. Add fries to the air fryer.
Cook, tossing the fries midway through the cycle.
Recommended Reading: Gourmia Gta 2500
Basic Tater Tots Recipe:
- Time to Prepare: 5 minutes
- Time to Cook: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
3 ounce bag of frozen tator tots 1 tablespoon oil Salt and pepper, to season
You have to adjust the Tater Tots cooking time according to the type of Tater Tots you bought. For example, if they are a thinner version of Tater Tots, you will need to cook them for 8-10 minutes at 350°F, but if they are thicker Tater Tots, then 15 minutes at 350°F would be good enough. If you dont know what thickness Tater Tots you have received as your catering order, just cook them separately as an experiment and try different times for thin and thick Tater Tots until you find the perfect cooking time for them in your air fryer.
Once done with experimenting with cooking times, you need to place Tater Tots into the air fryer basket. You can coat them with oil or not, but if you do decide to give Tater Tots a light dusting of oil before placing them in the fryer basket, use an oil mister so that Tater Tots dont absorb too much oil.
Set your digital timer on your machine for about 4 minutes for thin Tater Tots and 7-8 minutes for thick Tater Tots at 350°F . When done cooking, they will be crispy, crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside like any other fries or tator tots sold in fast-food restaurants .
Tater Tots can be served with ketchup, ranch dressing, or any other condiments that you like best.
Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots
Easily make crispy, perfectly done air fryer tater tots in under 20 minutes. No need to heat up your oven for four servings of air fryer tater tots. Just spray them with a little oil, season with salt and pop them in the air fryer. After 15 minutes you will have the crispiest air fryer tater tots that everyone will love.
Read Also: Club Chefman Air Fryer
How To Cook Tater Tots In Air Fryer:
Tater Tots are potato puffs, which are the trademarked version of Ore-Ida. Tater Tots were originally known as Tators Taters . Taters tot is a convenient food for school lunch boxes in America. They consist of cubed or diced potatoes that have been formed into a small rounded shape before being deep-fried.
They can be eaten alone or with condiments such as ketchup or ranch dressing.
Tater Tots have been popular in American society since 1953 when Ore-Ida introduced them to supermarkets across the country with their patented 24 Karat Golden packaging.
In my experience, they taste best if you freeze them for hours before cooking them in an air fryer. Tater Tots can be cooked in an air fryer at home without any special cooking skills to produce crispy Tater Tots.
Trishs Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Make sure your hash browns are thawed. If your hash browns arent fully thawed, they wont stick together well. If that happens, you can always add one beaten egg to the mixture and the tots will come together.
- Make sure to fully preheat your air fryer for the best results.
- Dont skip the cooking spray because it really helps those tater tots get crispy!
- Remember to flip your tater tots in the air fryer basket about halfway through cooking, so they cook evenly.
- Dont overload your air fryer basket. You want one even layer of tater tots and the tots shouldnt be touching for best results.
Also Check: Bella Pro Air Fryer 6-qt
Ore Ida Tater Tot Air Fryer Tips
- Always ensure to Preheat your air fryer for the crispiest tater tots.
- The salt and cooking spray promotes the crispiness and browning of the tater tots, so dont skip these ingredients.
- Remember to flip the tots in the basket as they cook for them to cook evenly.
- You can use organic tater tots as they are more healthy.
- Ore Ida tater tots are best served hot.
- Regarding storage of the tots, put them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Its not advisable to put them in a bag as they may become soggier.
- To reheat the stored tots, simply toss them in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes and serve as desired.
- For seasoning of tater tots, you can adddifferent spices and seasonings to give them different flavors. For instance, you can use garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, or cajun spice. You can also toss the tots in ranch dressing mix for a bit of a tang. Or you can toss in taco seasoning for a bit of spice.
How Long To Cook Tater Tots In Air Fryer
Tater Tots are a favorite side dish for many people, but how do you cook them in the air fryer? The key is knowing how long to cook tater tots in the air fryer. There are several factors that go into this process, including the size of your tater tot, what type of coating they have on them, and if they are frozen or not. Well walk you through some tips for cooking these delicious potato bites so your family will be happy with any meal!
Tater Tots are the perfect side dish for any meal. Theyre easy to make and can be enjoyed as an appetizer, main course, or even dessert! One of the most popular ways to cook tater tots is in an air fryer. This blog post aims to answer some of your questions about cooking taters in an air fryer and help you find out how long it will take for them to cook so that they dont burn. Lets get started!
Recommended Reading: Jimmy Dean Air Fryer
How To Cook Frozen Tater Tots In Air Fryer
Not everyone is experienced with an air fryer and many often question how to cook tater tots in an air fryer and how long do you cook frozen tater tots in an air fryer. Whether your tots are frozen or thawed, you can use the instructions below.
Dont Miss: Barber Raw Stuffed Chicken Breasts Air Fryer
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Air fryer bacon wrapped pineapple bites.
Check out all our > > > Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer yummed and dont forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? Weve got you covered. Check out our helpful > > > Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at
You May Like: America’s Test Kitchen Deep Fryer
Air Fryer Tater Tot Ingredients
These couldnt be more simple. Grab your favorite brand of frozen tater tots and some seasoning and your good to go! Make sure you buy several bags however, youll be making these air fryer tots a lot!
- Tater Tots: 16 oz bag is all you need
- Seasoned Salt: This is optional but we love it!
- Oil Spray: I use olive oil, but avocado oil will work too.