How Does It Compare To A Benchtop Airfryer
While you might assume an air-frying oven would have a large capacity, there is only one AirFry tray provided, and you have to spread the food out to allow it to crisp properly. So the Westinghouse’s AirFry mode has a similar capacity to some of the larger benchtop airfryer models.
The Westinghouse had similar cook times to an average air fryer for most foods, although it was significantly slower for roasting pork. And while air fryers typically require no preheating, Fiona recommends preheating AirFry mode for 10 minutes when cooking fresh food to avoid soggy results.
AirFry mode can get a little hotter than most benchtop air fryers, reaching a maximum temperature of 220C.
Read more: 7 air fryer myths busted
Best Rotisserie Air Fryer Convection Oven Combo
COSORI CO130-AO 12-in-1 Toaster Oven
Features Digital Controls And Display
This convection air fryer oven features digital controls and display. The oven light can be turned on and off. The package contains a fry basket, crumb tray, food tray, wire rack, rotisserie fork set, rotisserie handle, and a recipe book.
This convection oven and air fryer can accommodate up to 6 slices of bread, a 13 pizza, and a whole chicken. It has 30L capacity and four rack positions for cooking various foods. The interior is made with a non-stick coating that allows easy cleanup.
12 Preset Cooking Functions
You can set 12 preset cooking functions including bake, pizza, toast, air fry, roast, bagel, rotisserie, cookies, broil, ferment, dehydrate, and keep warm. Air fry produces healthy foods with up to 85% less fat than deep frying. Two fans speed up the cooking.
Temperature And Time Settings
Five heating elements cook food faster than a conventional oven. You can set the temperature up to 450°F. The timer with auto shut off can be adjusted up to 24 hours. The time and temperature can be adjusted anytime during the cooking.
Convection Fan Speed
This toaster oven allows you to change the convection fan speed. You can choose between high, normal, and odd. The convection can be used with all cooking functions expect toast and bagel. For dehydrate and air fry functions, its automatically set and cant be changed.
Most Versatile: Cosori 12
Combining an air fryer and toaster oven is great, but buyers who want even more flexibility should consider Cosori’s impressive multi-cooker. It’s designed with 12 different cooking presets, including cookie baking, air frying, dehydrating, and fermenting dough. Control the device through its preset function buttons or its tactile knobs while the interior light helps you keep an eye on what’s cooking. What’s more, the appliance comes with a recipe book, crumb tray, fry basket, food tray, wire rack, and rotisserie fork and handle set.
Thousands of Amazon reviewers say Cosori’s air fryer toaster oven is perfect for effortless family dinners and compliment the machine’s thoughtful design features. One said, “This is one of those things that you never knew you needed until you have it. I had no idea that ‘just replacing an old toaster’ could be such a game changer, considering the many convenient features, and my new motivation to cook/eat well and healthier!”
Buy it: $199.99
Don’t Miss: Jcpenney Air Fryer On Sale
Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven: Cuisinart Toa
If you prefer the versatility and extra space that comes from having an oven-style air fryer, theCuisinart TOA-60 is a great option. We loved the square shape and compact size of this oven . The large knobs were straightforward and easy to use and although this is subjective, we appreciated the lack of LCD screen. There was something about the tactile feel of using separate knobs to select the cooking mode, temperature and timer that made us feel in total control over the cooking process.
One of the primary reasons we chose this model over other oven-style fryers is that its fryer basket is just a little bit deeper than the other ones we tested. Its not by much, but just enough to make it noticeably easier to shake up fries or other loose items you may be air frying. We found shallower baskets are more likely to either send a few fries flying off, or just not allow you to shake them up effectively. The interior light was a nice perk as well, and made it easy to keep an eye on the food inside without opening it up and losing heat.
Performance-wise, theCuisinart TOA-60 cooked food to near perfection and even resulted in our favorite fries of the bunch.
One of the most valuable features of the Cuisinart is its 3-year warranty, the longest of any oven-style version we tested. That Cuisinart stands behind this product should address any concerns with the relatively high cost of this model.
Best Countertop Air Fryer Convection Oven Combo
Oster Countertop Oven with Air Fryer
Comes In Black Color
This air fry convection oven comes in black color. Dial controls let you set the temperature, cooking functions, and timer. Included dishwasher-safe accessories include baking pan, air fry basket, and crumb tray. The removable crumb tray allows keeping the oven clean.
It has 4-Slice Capacity And 2 Rack Positions
The Oster air fryer toaster oven features two rack positions for cooking flexibility. The stainless steel interior has a 22L capacity. It can accommodate 4 slices of bread, a 12 pizza, or even a whole chicken. The tempered glass door makes checking your food easy.
Included Cooking Functions
Cooking functions you can set include air fry, bake, convection, broil, and toast. The air fryer features a built-in fan that ensures perfect crispy results. It requires a tablespoon or less of oil, producing healthy meals. You can also set the warm function for warming and keeping your food warm.
Timer And Temperature Scale
The timer dial lets you set the time up to 60 minutes and choose the desired toast shade. You can adjust the temperature from 250°F to 450°F. The heating elements are located at the bottom and top of the oven.
This air fryer and convection oven measures 15.85 x 16.75 x 14.51. Its just the right size to fit on a kitchen countertop. Compared to a conventional oven more energy-efficient and the air fry function doesnt require preheating so its also time-saving.
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How To Adjust Air
You dont need to seek out air-fryer recipes to get great results in a convection toaster ovenany recipe written for a conventional oven works. However, if you have your eye on a recipe written specifically for an air fryer but want to prepare it in a convection toaster oven, you have to make some minor adjustments for best results.
Generally, you need to increase the temperature and cooking time in an air-fryer recipe a bit to compensate for the toaster ovens larger cavity. You dont need to buy an air-frying basketa regular quarter-sheet pan will give you similar air-frying results in a convection oven . Here are some tips for cooking some common dishes in your convection toaster oven.
- Roasted vegetables: Roast at 425 °F with speed convection for 12 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time.
- Air-fryer pickles: Bake at 425 °F with speed convection for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Hand-cut fries: Bake at 425 °F with speed convection for 40 to 45 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Frozen fries: Bake with speed convection at the temperature indicated on the package. You may need to cook them longer than the instructions recommend .
Meat, poultry, and fish:
What Is Air Frying
Air frying is a heating element that is specifically designed to help you create your favorite fried foods in your kitchen. The Air Fry setting operates at much higher temperatures compared to traditional ovens, which quickly browns and crisps the surface of your food. It circulates a super-charged heat throughout the oven, so every french fry and egg roll is evenly cooked to crispy perfection. After a short burst of direct concentrated heat, your air frying range will gradually decrease the internal cooking temperature to ensure a golden exterior while maintaining a soft and juicy bite on the inside.
With just a touch of a button, you can enjoy your favorite fried food with all of the flavor and none of the guilt!
From traditional baking ovens to air fry ovens theres more than one way to heat your food. If youre comparing air frying vs. baking, ask yourself, which cooking style works best for you and your cooking style?
To understand how air frying works, its equally important to understand how baking works on a standard oven. When baking something in the oven, the temperature rises from underneath the heating elements and warms up the air. Your oven will increase gradually until it has reached the temperature you have selected and it will remain there during the duration of the cooking process.
Also Check: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
What To Look Forward To
Some readers have asked why we havent tested a new round of air fryers for this guide since our 2020 update. So far, we havent seen convection technology advance in any significant way. Nearly all air fryersparticularly the pod-shaped modelsare carbon copies of one another . How do we know this if we havent physically tested any new models? We attend the Inspired Home Show each year , where we get to see new or soon-to-be-released models, and so far we havent seen any major advancements. That said, we hope to test newer models once our test kitchen is fully operational again later this year.
The 11 Best Air Fryer Ovens In 2021
Air fryers are trendy kitchen appliances that cook and crisp a variety of foods with little or no oil and hence without the extra calories and fat normally associated with fried foods.
A specific type called an air fryer oven typically offers a larger capacity than traditional air fryers while taking up less counter space. These multifunctional appliances offer baking, broiling, toasting, dehydrating, and rotisserie options in addition to air frying.
Healthline rated the best air fryer ovens based on the following criteria:
- Capacity. How much food can it cook?
- Features. Does it have any other functionality besides air frying?
- Accessories. What accessories does it come with?
- Reviews. Does it have high customer ratings?
Here are the 11 best air fryer ovens of 2021.
This air fryer oven from high end kitchen appliance brand Breville is widely recommended in online spaces.
While its expensive, reviewers note you get what you pay for as it works well and offers several additional functions, including toast, pizza, proof, cookies, and slow cook.
It also fits a decent amount of food as theres room for four racks, a 14-pound turkey or a 9 × 13 inch casserole dish.
Plus, the smart oven features sensors to direct heating and prevent uneven cooking.
You May Like: Instant Pot Vortex Pro Accessories
Farberware Air Fryer Toaster Oven No Oil No Splatter No Mess
- Say goodbye to oil, the fryer is built-in and nothing sticks! This multifunctional appliance bakes, warms, roasts, and even toasts. The air fryer inside will make fried favorites like fries and onion rings but also quiche, pizza, and more. Make all your favorite recipes for the family with this all-in-one kitchen workhorse that has a built-in oven.
- Stop wasting time prepping food with one of those unhealthy frying pans in your dishwasher when you can get more done by using our one-button operation Farberware Air Fryer Toaster Oven! From homemade french fries or onion rings down to healthy alternatives like chicken nuggets or tofu dogs anything crispier
- The Farberware Air Fryer Toaster Oven is the kitchen workhorse youre looking for. With a powerful 2500-watt air fryer, it also bakes, warms, roasts, and toasts which means more freedom to try new recipes! You can whip up everything from french fries and onion rings to quiche, pizza, and more.
Tips For Getting The Best Results With Air Fry Mode In Your Ge Profile Oven
Air frying is the big buzz for cooking enthusiasts. When you air fry, you use less oil and end up with a healthier, crispy, crunchy dish. And now, you can do this in select models of GE Profile ranges and ovens. Using our in-oven air fry mode may work slightly different than regular baking or even using a countertop air fryer. To help you create your crunchiest, tastiest air fried foods, weve compiled a list of tips to help you get the best results. So, read these pointers, grab your favorite recipe, and start air frying.
COOKING WITH NO PREHEAT AIR FRY
- With air fry mode, you wont need to preheat. Just put your food directly in a cold oven and start cooking. If you’re air frying multiple batches, keep a close eye on those cooked after the first batch. They may cook more quickly and can burn.
- If youre using a recipe meant for a countertop air fryer, you may need to cook your food a little longer or at a slightly higher temperature.
- To cook packaged foods using the air fry mode, use traditional oven cooking instructions for the temperature and cook time. But remember, don’t preheat!
- We recommend using a rack position that places your food in about the center of the oven. For thicker foods, or if you notice foods cooking too quickly, try a lower rack position.
- While cooking, if you notice your food is browning too quickly, move it to a lower rack position and/or lower the temperature slightly.
PREPARING YOUR FOOD
Read Also: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
What Is W Score And Is It Reliable
W Score is our websites unique ranking system created by our expert team. The scores from 0 to 10 are automatically evaluated by our AI Report tool depending on the collected data, which includes many criteria through customers experience and experts advice.
For instance, in the article Best Air Fryer Ovens of 2021, our AI tool has estimated and analyzed:
170,501 reviews from many reputable newspapers, forums, and social networks on the topic Best Air Fryer Ovens
The price of each product at the time of AI crawl.
Oster Countertop Oven With Air Fryer
- Get a new take on your favorite fried favorites with our Oster countertop oven that features an air fryer and convection baking options. Pick from a variety of dishes for example, crispy buttermilk chicken wings to tender, juicy buffalo burgers to apple pie. With the ability to fit larger food in the 12-inch interior cavity including pizza, this is sure to be both a versatile family member and cooking companion youll want around every day.
- Consider adding it as an appliance powerful enough for large gatherings or just dinner parties with friends without sacrificing too much space measuring 12 ¾ inches wide by 13 inches deep by 9 ¼ inches high when closed or opening up to eat like traditional range top surfaces at 38 x 17
- This multi-functional oven includes a built-in air fryer and convection bake which will let you enjoy all your favorite foods, from crispy french fries to perfectly crisped cookies. The 60-minute timer ensures that your food is always cooked at just the right time. This countertop appliance has a spacious interior with 2 racks and weighs only about 21 pounds making it easy to store in nearly any cabinet or kitchen benchtop.
Read Also: Breville Bov860 Review
What To Know About Buying Air Fryer Toaster Ovens
A good air fryer toaster oven fits more food than a single-function air fryer, but your food may not turn out as crispy.
These appliances expand the versatility of a toaster oven. Pop-up toasters are great for making, well, toastand that’s about it. Toaster ovens, on the other hand, can handle a whole range of tasks, from toasting four or more slices of toast at once to baking, reheating, and broiling.
Now more and more can also air fry so that with just one appliance on your countertop you can get the functionality of three or more. Some models can also roast on a rotisserie, slow cook, or dehydrate, making them even more useful.
All air fryer toaster ovens are basically convection ovens with fans that operate at a high speed to promote browning and crisping.
They also have some big advantages over dedicated air fryers. In these multitaskers, you can usually cook more food at a time, because its designed to spread the food out in a shallow air fry basket thats the length and width of the ovens interior. Its also easy to monitor cooking through the window and to pull out the basket and stir and flip over items.
However, few air fryer toaster ovens are among the tops at air frying. That means these appliances are for people who prioritize toasting and versatility over air frying. To get good results, you may find you have to extend the cooking time and be vigilant about tossing, flipping over, and rearranging.
Considerations When Youre Shopping For A Range
If youre not sure how to choose between a standard built-in range and an air frying oven, luckily you wont have to decide between the two.
The Frigidaire Air Fry Range is the first of its kind with both convection cooking and air frying options! And following right behind, LG now offers a range with the same air frying technology. Both brands come in electric, gas, or induction fuel types and freestanding or wall-mounted installation options. Feel free to toggle between convection and air frying settings whenever you want, meaning faster, healthier meals for everyone.
Its time to get down to business. First, lets take some time to check out this 30 Frigidaire Gallery Front Control Range. We already know its equipped with the Air Fry feature which means you get to enjoy the benefit of convenient and delicious fried foods whenever your appetite strikes. And just like a TV infomercial but wait, theres more!
This electric range is here to expand your cooking capabilities. How do you feel about a time-saving True Convection feature or a 3,200W Quick Boil Element?
Don’t Miss: Instant Vortex Air Fryer 6 Qt Accessories