Air Fry At 400 For 10
With your air fryer set to air fry setting, place your seasoned pork chops into the air fryer basket or tray and air fry at 400° for 10-14 minutes. Flipping halfway through cooking time. For optimal, take them out when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 140° and place them on a plate covered with foil for 5 minutes. They will continue to cook and will reach the 145° degrees, which is the recommended temperature for pork.
How To Air Fry Pork Chops
So now that you know what cut of pork to use, it is time to discuss how to cook the pork chops in an air fryer.
First of all, you want to season the pork chops. The recipe below provides you with our favorite pork chop seasoning.
The garlic powder gives the pork chops great flavor. And the smoked paprika provides that smoky taste as if they were grilled.
However, feel free to use whatever seasoning that you prefer. Even just a sprinkle of seasoning salt will add additional flavor to typically bland pork chops.
After you sprinkle the seasoning on both sides it is time to cook them in the air fryer.
Place the pork chops in a single layer in the basket or rack of your air fryer. If you are using the Ninja Foodi brand, use the tall rack.
Just as a side note, in an effort to make clean up easier, I always brush a little oil on the rack/basket.
Close the air fryer and set the temperature and cook time. Now all that is left to do is to turn them at the half way point.
Tips For The Perfect Dish
- I highly recommend using bone-in pork chops. I find them to be more flavorful, and also less likely to dry out. Look for chops that are about 3/4 to 1 inch in thickness for best results. If you use thicker chops, you may need to increase the cook time.
- Be sure to let your air fryer preheat for at least 5 minutes before you add the meat.
- Serve your pork with sides such as mashed potatoes or rice pilaf. I also like to add a green vegetable such as broccoli or asparagus.
- Leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Be sure to cook the pork in a single layer so that there is plenty of room for the air to circulate. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Don’t Miss: Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven Toa 60
Make A Rub For Air Fryer Pork Chops
For this recipe for air fryer pork chops, we will not be breading the pork chops. Rather, we will be making a rub seasoning mix which we are going to very liberally apply to the meat. The rub is very simple too. Well use brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. We mix it together and rub it all in to pork chops that have been rinsed, dried, and coated with a little olive oil. Rinsing the pork chops and patting them dry with a paper towel is important so dont skip that step.
What Will I Need To Make These Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Thick cut boneless pork chops: choose pork chops that are roughly the same size and thickness for even cooking.
- Oil: I used canola oil for this recipe
- Simple seasonings: Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder work so well together to give this pork chop a flavorful punch!
- Air fryer: I easily fit 4 pork chops into the basket of my 5.8-quart basket.
- A knife: I cut a few slits through the fat strip of each pork chop to prevent curling while cooking.
- Tongs: for turning the meat over and removing it from the very hot basket.
You May Like: Frozen Chicken In Air Fryer
How To Make Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
This is a quick, easy, hands off recipe for air fryer pork chops. It is so simple that the air fryer does all the work. The internal temperature for pork should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit when done.
How To Make Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
Read Also: Convection Oven Air Fryer Reviews
How To Cook Bone
Cooking pork chops can’t get any easier than this. Here are some easy steps to follow.
Step 1. Make the Seasoning
In a bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
Step 2. Prepare the Pork Chops
- Rinse the bone-in pork chops in cold water to get rid any bone fragment and debris then pat dry with paper towels.
- Make 3-4 tiny slits on the connection tissue between the meat and fat and without cutting through meat to stop it from curling during cooking.
- Rub the seasoning all over the pork chops.
- Let the meat sit out at room temperature about 20 minutes so they cook evenly.
Step 3. Preheat the Air Fryer
Step 4. Air Fry
Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place two pork chops in the basket without touching each other.
Air fry for 6 minutes, then flip, and continue cooking for an additional 6 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches anywhere between 140°F – 145°F.
Step 5. Rest the Meat
Remove the pork chops from the air fryer. Place the meat on a cutting board. Cover them with a piece of aluminum foil to ensure the pork chops remain juicy and tender.
Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Air Fryer Pork Chops Cook Time
Youll be cooking the pork for a total of 12 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145F. Cook the air fryer pork chops for 7 minutes on one side.
Flip them over and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. We couldnt believe we had perfect juicy and tender pork chops after 12 minutes of cooking! It wouldve taken double this time in an oven!
If youre baking 4 pork chops in an air fryer, make sure to flip and ROTATE the pan to ensure an even cooking time. Meaning, the pork chops that were in the front for the first 7 minutes, dont just flip them, but also put them in the back of the pan for when they finish cooking.
The air-fried pork chops are done cooking when the internal temperature in the center of the meat is 145F. Different air fryer models might vary in their wattage, which could mean some air fryers cook a little slower than others. Its super important to keep an eye on the temperature to get the hang of how long to cook pork chops in air fryer in your exact model.
Remove the chops from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. This is a critical step and one of the reasons many people dont end up with juicy chops. It takes at least 5 minutes for the juices to redistribute evenly throughout the meat and make every bite juicy and moist.
Enjoy! Please leave us a recipe review after making the air fryer pork chops! Wed appreciate the feedback!
Also Check: Instant Vortex Air Fryer Basket
Best Damn Air Fryer Pork Chops
This recipe for the Best Damn Air Fryer Pork Chops is so juicy, tender and delicious, its sure to quickly become a favorite air fryer recipe. With a few simple ingredients, and only 12 minutes cook time, these air fryer pork chops are perfect for a tasty dinner any day of the week.
Let me start my saying how much im loving my air fryer. Ive owned a lot of kitchen gadgets over the years and my two favorites are my air fryer and my Instant Pot. And honestly, not far behind is my George Foreman Grill but thats a discussion for another day. The thing about an air fryer, is that, well, youre not really frying in the traditional sense. Its honestly more like a rapid cook oven/broiler. And theres plenty of times I dont want to heat up the house by turning on the regular oven. Besides, for this pork chop recipe I get the best results in the air fryer anyways!
Can You Stack Meat In An Air Fryer
For best results, meat should not be stacked in the air fryer. Since air fryer operates by the circulation of hot air, stacking meat will prevent the air fryer from cooking food properly. If you really must stack meat in the air fryer, move chops around every 3-5 minutes to allow all sides to cook and increase the overall cooking time to compensate.
Read Also: Air Fryers At Macy’s
Tips For Perfect Pork Chops
- Ensure chops are equal in size and thickness so they all cook at the same rate.
- Always preheat the air fryer so the hot air can instantly seal the outside, keeping in all the delicious juices!
- Keep a small space between food so the hot air can circulate around and cook everything properly.
- Like pork tenderloin, pork chops can be a little tiny bit pink in the middle to ensure theyre juicy.
- Internal temperature should read 140°F, test at the thickest part of the meat. Remove it from the air fryer a few degrees before as the meat will continue to cook once removed from the air fryer.
- I highly recommend an instant read thermometer to ensure they dont overcook.
- Always allow meat to rest before serving.
How To Make Air Fryer Thick Cut Pork Chops
This is one of the easiest recipes and the pork chops come out juicy and tender, the way they were meant to be served.
Remember that every air fryer is different so you will need to use a food thermometer to make sure they are fully cooked.
Don’t Miss: Bella Pro 8 Qt Air Fryer
How Do You Make Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
- cut slits in the fat layer on boneless pork chops
- season pork chops well
- place pork chops in air fryer
- flip pork chops half way to brown both sides
How To Know When Air Fryer Pork Chops Are Done
Its tough to tell whether air fryer fried pork chops are done just by looking at them, which is why I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
For the best air fryer pork chops that are both juicy and safe, they should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. As they rest, the temperature can still rise several degrees, so you may want to remove them when your thermometer reads around 140-143 degrees F.
If you dont have a thermometer, the time ranges above are a useful guide. However, the risk of over- or under-cooking is a bit higher.
Read Also: Top 5 Best Air Fryers
Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
When it gets too hot to make baked pork chops, or if you want a totally foolproof way to make em, easy air fryer pork chops are just the thing! They cook up tender and juicy , without having to turn on the oven. And bonus! they are even quicker to make than the oven version. Once you learn how to cook pork chops in the air fryer, you might never go back!
Just like air fryer chicken wings are one of my basic air fryer staples for chicken, this is one of those basic air fryer pork chop recipes youll want to bookmark for anytime you want to make em boneless and bone-in versions included.
Can You Make This Recipe In The Instant Pot
I love my Instant Pot as much as my Air Fryer, and it works so wonderfully for this type of recipe! Use thicker cuts that will hold up well to the internal pressure of the Instant Pot. In addition, keep in mind, that the end result wont be as crispy!
You can even use the Instant Pot to cook both your veggies and meat at the same time. But dont take my word for it. Try these pork recipes out for yourself!
Also Check: Ninja Air Fryer 2 Basket
How To Tell When They Are Cooked
The best way is by using athermometer. Dont have a meat thermometer? To be honest I didnt have one for the longest time but its a great investment for your kitchen.
However, if you dont have one while you are cooking these pork chops in the air fryer you can just slice into the middle of the chop. If its white, or even if its slightly pink in the middle, they are cooked.
Wed Love To Hear From You
Have questions or feedback? Please ask questions or post feedback on the post comments.
Tap That Recipe Review Star! Be sure to leave a review after you make the recipe for air fryer pork chops or just tap the star rating youd give the recipe!
Show Us Those Photos! Be sure to upload your air fryer pork chops recipe photos on the Pinterest pin and/or tag us on ! We LOVE featuring reader recipes!
Also Check: Bravo Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
Our AIR FRYER BONELESS PORK CHOPS turn out tender and juicy every time! Simple seasonings make for a classic flavor that your family will love any night of the week!
We love pork chops in this house, but only if theyre tender and juicy. No tough, dry pork chops for us!
We love the versatility of boneless pork chops toss them on the grill, bake them in the oven, throw them in a skillet, and now weve even perfected our pork chops in the air fryer.
They turn out so tender and juicy every time and its beyond simple to change them up to use whatever seasonings you prefer.
Serve with some brussels sprouts or our air fryer tater tots!
Why Youll Love This Dinner
- Pork chops are always a family favorite.
- Cooking chops in the air fryer ensures theyre juicy inside with a crisp coating.
- They can be breaded up to 24 hours before cooking making meal time easy.
- The air fryer is easy to cook in and easy to clean.
You May Like: Cookbook For Ninja Air Fryer
What Can I Make With These Pork Chops Once They Are Cooked
Sometimes I enjoy eating a pork chop by itself and sometimes I cut it up or use it to make other dishes, it’s a versatile meat that you can enjoy in so many ways.
Here are some great ideas that you can use left over Air Fryer Pork Chops for or just to use after they have been cooked in the air fryer.
- Pork salad
- Pasta shells
Pork Chops can go bad pretty quickly so it’s important to use them as soon as you can. They will usually stay good for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. You can usually tell if pork chops are bad if they have a dull color and sour smell.
If you purchase a large package and don’t plan on using them immediately it’s a good idea to freeze them, they will last in the freezer up to four months.