How To Make French Toast In The Air Fryer
Welcome to how to make French toast in the Air fryer. French toast bread loaded with cinnamon and a splash of sugar for the ultimate French toast recipe.
Perfect comfort food via the Air fryer that both adults and kids alike will love.
Those of you that have been following along for a while will know that I am addicted to simple foods that can be cooked in the Air fryer.
Also many of these Air fryer recipes are also rather frugal and perfect for families.
We also have a lot of fast food classics made into healthier food such as burgers, fries, onion rings and even chicken nuggets.
But one avenue in the Air fryer that we rarely focus on is breakfast.
It is not that we are against breakfast as its the best meal of the day, but because we are always thinking about our main meals.
But breakfast in the Air fryer is terrific and French toast is a MUST!
I have featured this version on the blog before with a delicious fruity topping and it has become one of my daughters all time favourites.
Plus our readers have loved it too with more than 5000 people sharing it.
You see our little girl is a fussy eater.
She likes a whole range of food and getting fruit and vegetables down her is not a problem. I cant even have a little fruit to myself, she will be behind me shouting PLEASE in her cute little 2 year old voice.
It must be at least 18 months since I have been able to enjoy a banana to myself.
She also loves pasta, meat, beans and of course bread.
I know I should be grateful.
How To Make French Toast In An Air Fryer
I love this recipe for a quick breakfast in the morning. We just make up what we need for the morning and put the dipping mixture back in the fridge to use for the next morning! My family has been making a version of this recipe for generations. So, I am thrilled to come up with some low carb options to continue to enjoy it.
What Can You Not Put In An Air Fryer
I really suggest that you do not put your battered foods into the air fryer because they will be very wet batter, as the cornmeal batter on a corndog.It will not cook successfully in an air fryer, as the coating is particularly heavy and wet will drip through the perforated basket before it has time to crisp.Meanwhile, the hot oil bath in a traditional deep fryer is key to setting up battered food, so use the deep frying method instead of the air fryer when it comes to battered food.
Also Check: Nuwave Air Fryer Jcpenney
For Air Fryer Cooking
Making French toast in Air fryer is really easy. Preheat Air fryer to 160 C or 320 F for 4 minutes. Lightly brush the basket with oil or butter. Then put in the slice of bread dipped in the egg-milk mix. Air fry each side at 160 C or 320 F for about 4 minutes or till done.
Serve hot with garnishes of your choice. Enjoy.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Whats The Best Bread For French Toast
You can use any type of bread you like but I prefer a nice artisan bread versus the pre-sliced ones. That way, I can get the thickness I like and the taste always seems better. Try it but be warned, you may never switch back! You can also use thick sliced white bread, brioche bread, and challah bread.
Time to take a bite. I dip the piece of toast in maple syrup.
I hope you enjoyed this air fryer French toast recipe. We also found that sometimes we had too much egg for the bread to absorb so if that happens, simply make some scrambled eggs in a small frying pan and serve it with the bread as a fun side dish.
Recommended Reading: Jcpenney Cooks Air Fryer
How To Make Vegan French Toast
You can make French toast completely vegan by omitting the eggs, half-and-half, and butter substituting oat milk and dairy-free butter and upping the cornstarch, which will help replace the binding of the eggs. Add ground sesame seeds or ground flax seeds for richness and flavor. You will also need a more robust bread like sourdough or peasant bread.
Bread For French Toast
French toast comes out crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside when its air fried.
We like to use thicker varieties of bread, like brioche if possible. If you use french bread, cut it yourself and let it dry slightly on the counter.
Bread that is too thin can fall apart while bread that is too moist wont soak up the custard mixture as well. While theyll still work if its all you have on hand, a thicker slightly dried bread works best.
You May Like: Dehydrate Instant Pot Air Fryer
Tips And Tricks For This Easy Recipe
Use day-old slightly stale bread. This is an important step to avoid soggy French toast. Slightly dried-out bread will absorb the egg mixture better and create a soft inside with cinnamon sugar outside.
If you dont have day-old bread, cut the bread into sticks and layout on the counter for at least an hour.
Keep in mind, the thicker the bread slices are the studier the French toast sticks will be. My kids like dunking their French toast sticks in syrup so I try to make them thicker to avoid being flimsy or fall apart easily.
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- It is so quick and easy to make!
- Enjoy Breakfast for Dessert.
- Our easy homemade french toast sticks recipe needs 8 ingredients and about 20 minutes maximum.
- Best alternative to Burger King French Toast sticks.
- No deep frying If you need a way to make breakfast in the air fryer then this french toast sticks air fryer is definitely the thing for you.
- Healthier than regular french toast, as the recipe only uses 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Something that No one can resist!
Also Check: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Can You Make French Toast In An Air Fryer
Oh yes you can and its so good! If you are wondering why you should, as always I am happy to help you out with a few reasons to make one of Americas favorite breakfast in your new kitchen gadget aka air fryer.
- Its very easy to make and gets ready in less than 15 mins
- You are going to love the almost handsfree and mess free method employed in this recipe.
- Kids can make this with minimal supervision which may not be possible on the stove top.
Fun facts : Did you know that French toast is is also called eggy bread or Gypsy Toast.
What Type Of Air Fryer Should I Use To Make French Toast
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- OMORC Air Fryer 6QT -1600W Powerful Electric Hot Oven 10 Preset Menus Dual Control System 6-in-1 Function
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
Make sure you dont miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Need more Breakfast inspiration?!?! Check out these delicious recipes as well:
Recommended Reading: Jcpenney Air Fryer Sale
Why Cook French Toast In An Air Fryer
I do find that cooking French toast in a skillet on the stovetop can be a bit hit and miss. The skillet may not be quite hot enough, or too hot, which can lead to uncooked middles and burnt outsides. This method takes all of the guesswork out and results in the most perfect French toast to serve and enjoy.
What Type Of Bread Is Best For French Toast
If you thinking about making your own frozen french toast sticks at home then the top three choices of bread to use for French Toast are :
- French Baguette
All of these options will make you wonderful French Toast sticks that you can store or use right away in the air fryer, but we have to give the most stars to Brioche.
Not only bread the air fryer is capable of cooking/reheating but almost all types of bakery can be either cooked or reheated with the use of it.
Take Pizza, for example, the air fryer with the help of the right temperature and timing you can cook or reheat all types of pizza crust from thin to thick, as proof, you can check these recipes and try them:
Using the right temperature for each of these Pizza, you will make sure you will have that brown lovely crust that I love, and melted delicious cheese.
Read Also: Instant Pot Vortex Dehydrator
Additional Air Fryer French Toast Notes
- We have tested this recipe using the Air Crisp Feature in the original Ninja Foodi and the Ninja Foodi Grill. When using the original, we use the broiling rack. When using the grill, we use the air fryer basket.
- Cooking times will vary depending on humidity and how moist your bread is AND the temperature of your unit. Watch closely each time you cook. Sometimes it will take a minute or two less or more to reach your perfect desired results. Second batches will usually take less time because the unit has been heated up.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all air fryers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own air fryer and time adjusted as needed.
Can You Make It Ahead Of Time
I cant resist eating my French toast as soon as Ive made it, but if you are planning to serve this as a quick breakfast later in the week, or a serving to a crowd, then freezing is a great option. Make the French toast in the air fryer and let it cool completely. Freeze in an airtight container with parchment separating the layers and it will keep well for up to 3 months. Cook it right from frozen in the air fryer at 400F for 3 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other for a super quick breakfast option.
You May Like: Instant Pot With Dehydrator
What People Dont Like About This Oven
You will never find any home appliance that has no cons. And no appliance indeed comes to fulfill all your demands. Lets take a look at a few drawbacks of this smart oven.
- Whenever you intend to get an appliance, the first thing that comes to mind is just how much it is mosting likely to set you back. Yes, NUWAVE Bravo XL could appear a bit costly but for a high quality device, you must invest a few even more. You need to additionally take into consideration the fact that the support it is giving. When you have the NUWAVE XL Smart, there is no demand for any air fryer or stove at your cooking area.
- It is a common problem that the non-stick cookware pieces broken after a specific period. This occurs to nearly all the convection ovens. For a long term of use, this damaged issue must be taken care of.
What Kind Of Bread Is Best For French Toast In An Air Fryer
When it comes to what kind of bread you should use for this recipe, your best bet is any loaf that is dense enough to hold onto the batter. A rustic Italian bread, sourdough, or brioche will work well for French toast. It wont fall apart and get mushy when you cook it in the air fryer. But you could also use plain sandwich bread if thats all you have on hand.
The only trick is selecting the right size bread loaf to fit in your air fryer. So a shorter loaf will work well. I have a Ninja XL air fryer and am able to fit two regular slices of sandwich bread at a time.
Also Check: How To Use Instant Pot Dehydrator
What Makes The Perfect Toast
Bread: A nice thick slice of bread that soaks in the gorgeous flavours is perfect for this. The best bread for French toast is wholewheat or multigrain bread. You can use challah bread, even sandwich bread, Texas toast and sourdough tastes good too.
Eggs: They make the toast fluffy and delicious. You can substitute with cornstarch for a vegan alternative.
Milk: Nice full fat milk works the best. For vegans, coconut milk, almond milk or oat milk are good alternatives.
Spice: I love using both cinnamon and vanilla essence for a classic recipe. Pumpkin spice goes well too. Cinnamon French toast has more cinnamon, about 1 tsp. in the recipe.
Salt: A pinch of salt really perks up the recipe.
Butter/oil: Butter is really wonderful for brushing/cooking on the skillet. Some people love a pat of butter on the final toast too.
Maple Syrup: It really goes well as a sweetener. Honey is another favourite.
Here’s my best French Toast recipe:
More Breakfast Foods To Love
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so they say. I am all for it. So is my family. In fact we often have breakfast for dinner, its a family favorite meal anytime of the day. With so many variations of sweet to savory and hearty to light, there is something for everyone to love. Breakfast meals can be quick and easy or take a little time and planning. Either way you love your breakfasts I have the perfect recipes for you to try.
Read Also: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How Do I Make This Into Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
You really just need a serrated knife to cut the slice of bread. Make certain to put the bread in a single layer on the air fryer rack and that is all you have to worry about to make the best french toast sticks!
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for these simple French toast sticks, leave it below in the comments. Were always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
More Breakfast Recipes:
If you love this recipe for Air Fryer French Toast Sticks as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
Toppings For Easy French Toast Sticks
Besides dipping them in the best homemade maple syrup you can do a lot with these sticks.
- Syrup: Besides maple you can dip these french toast sticks in other syrups, you can totally get creative, but try, coconut, buttermilk, huckleberry or apricot syrup.
- Spreads: You can spread the sticks with Nutella, caramel sauce, peanut butter or cookie butter.
- Fruit: Serve alongside or on top with your favorite fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas or even try orange zest.
- Nuts: Nuts can be used to top them too, after the whip cream of course to keep them on the french toast sticks. Try chopped pecans, walnuts or pistachios.
- Jam: French toast sticks are easy to dip in jam as well. We love peach, apricot, strawberry or huckleberry jam.
- Chocolate: Chocolate in the morning makes everything better! Sprinkle with chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
- Extras: These are not exactly extras, but more of necessities at my house. Dip and spread with butter, whipped cream, sprinkles, powdered sugar or shredded coconut.
Also Check: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and step by step printable directions, as well as a step by step video**
- Prepare the bread and egg mixture:
- Slice brioche or challah bread into thick slices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add egg, cream/half and half, vanilla, and cinnamon whisk to combine completely set aside
- Close the Air Fryer and set to 400 degrees and 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the basket and carefully flip the french toast slices. Close the air fryer and cook 3-4 more minutes at 400 degrees. Time may vary slightly depending in air fryer model.
- Remove the french toast when finished and then cook remaining french toast slices.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar or your favorite toppings!
About This Easy French Toast Sticks Recipe
How much do you enjoy breakfast that is quick and easy and also qualifies as a dessert? Has your mouth-watered every time you have the famous Burger King french toast sticks? In case you have answered yes to both these questions, then this air fryer french toast sticksrecipe is just the thing that you need.
Most of the time, people miss out on the most important meal of the day. How about starting your day with a good serving of these french toast sticks for breakfastserved with maple syrup on special mornings? Every Thursday, my kids would request breakfast desserts something like this French Toast or Classic Waffles, or fluffy Pancakes. So it has kind of become customary to make a quick easy delicious treat breakfast midweek once and on Saturday mornings!
This french toast stick recipe requires only a handful of ingredients that you most probably have in your cabinets. I use an Instant Pot Air fryer Vortex 6 in 1 and this french toast comes together quickly with hardly any babysitting time.
Did I tell you, The air fryer also allows me to multitask whilst the delicious french toast is frying!
Read Also: Dehydrating In Instant Pot Air Fryer