How To Make Frozen Fries In Air Fryer
First, youll want to pre-heat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit .
This is very important! If you just throw them in without preheating they will likely turn out too crunchy.
Next, spread the french fries out evenly in the basket.
Its ok if some are overlapping but Id avoid putting too many in at once.
I think overloading the air fryer is the #1 reason frozen french fries dont turn out they way you want.
I wouldnt fill it up to the very top, but just put in a layer or two.
Set your timer for 10 minutes.
Note: Cooking time will vary depending on how thick your fries are! Shoestring fries will take less time, thick-cut fries more time.
Half way through, shake the basket vigorously you want to make sure the fries on the bottom have moved up to the top.
Check the fries at ten minutes. If they arent golden and crispy enough, add a few more minutes.
When they are done to your liking, shake them out onto a plate and add salt if desired .
And thats it! Perfect frozen french fries in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Frozen Fries Top Tips
So, you are probably wondering, if you have been using the air fryer since 2011, and teaching people how to cook frozen French fries for 2 years, that you must have some top tips.
Well I do and these tips will make your air fryer fries even better:
- Never cook frozen fries at 200c/400f for the duration. I get so many complaints from air fryer newbies telling me they followed a frozen fries recipe online and it called for 400f and their fries are terrible. This is way too hot for frozen fries and is only meant for finishing the food like a grill does and not for the whole cooking experience. Instead start at 160c/320f and increase the temperature just before the end to crisp them up.
- Spray just before the end of cooking. Even though when you use frozen fries they already come will oil, you want that little bit of oil on the top to crisp them up.
- Salt at the end. We found that with frozen fries brands wanting to go healthier. That a lot less salt is used. Then as they cook some of the salt also disappears. Add salt at the end before serving.
- Thickness of the frozen fries matter. Thick steak fries will take the longest and quick cooking French fries will be the fastest. Start your cook time at 8 minutes if in doubt and then keep checking on your fries.
- Cheesy Fries are fantastic. Two minutes before your frozen fries are done add grated cheese and then finish the cook time. You will have perfect air fryer cheesy fries.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Fries In The Air Fryer
No need to search for air fryer frozen french fries time. Frozen french fries take about 15 minutes to make in the air fryer.
You will want to shake the basket half-way through for even cooking. If you want extra crispy french fries, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Needless to say cooking frozen fries this way is so much more efficient than in the oven. They become crispy and cook perfectly in the air fryer.
No more soggy frozen fries in this house!
Also Check: How To Turn Off Rotate Remind Breville
How To Cook Frozen Fries In Air Fryer
NOTE: This recipe was made using a Cosori 5.8qt air fryer. If using a different brand air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time by a minute or two to reach the desired doneness.
Can You Cook Frozen French Fries In A Airfryer
Are you able to put frozen meat in an air fryer? Keeping this in attention, do you have to thaw fowl before air frying? All you need to do is season the chicken breast, location it inner How do you prepare dinner frozen chook arms in an Airfryer? Spritz the basket of your air fryer along with your favourite oil or spray.
If you crave fries in San Francisco, Jaspers Corner Tap is a natural desire. But your choices arent over yet. Will or not its thin, thick, or sweet potato? Do you attempt the smoked-paprika seasoning or a cheese curdprimarily based pout.
Whether youre preparing for the Super Bowl or are simply making plans an appetizer for a nightly dinner, bird wings are continually a tasty preference. You can glaze them in an array of sauces and serve them up with celery and carrots. Its simple to.
The first-class air fryer guarantees you can put together crisp.
This kitchen appliance that has seven presets for cooking french fries, hen, and frozen meals, as well as steak, seafood, bacon, and.
Shopping for an air fryer the small.
For even better quick and easy meals, make sure youre cooking with the best air fryer!Continue reading: https://bit.ly/3mQE4Yf
Did you know you can make a cornish hen in the air fryer even if you have a basket air fryer? My Cosori even fits 2!Recipe –> https://www.everydayfamilycooking.com/air-fryer-cornish-hen/
Our Winner of the Ninja Foodi Smart XL Pro Grill & Griddle Is…Watch Now: https://youtu.be/dKe_q2iPP00
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How Do I Cook Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer
Crispy French fries are delicious, but they can take several steps to make from scratch and they can be fairly high in calories when twice fried in oil. An air fryer enables you to make homemade or frozen fries with fewer steps and hardly any oil. They are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside with fewer calories. Lets explore some things you need to know about cooking healthy French fries in an air fryer.
What Are The Best Frozen French Fries
Well, I think that is really subjective but I guess statistics can tell you which ones are the best sellers amongst them all.
- Ore-Ida Country Style Steak Fries come in at #1
- Alexia Seasoned Waffle Fries are next because of the seasoning on them which is great
- Ore-Ida Golden Twirls are fun especially with kids, in at #3
- Trader Joes Chipotle Ranch Fries are amazing if you can find them and like a bit of heat
Many of these brands have other things youll love too like onion rings and more. Like I said, I really like this extra crispy style, I found these at our local grocery store.
Don’t Miss: Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer Review
Homemade Ketchup And Other Dipping Sauces
I have included a recipe for homemade ketchup because I really like to treat myself once in a while. It is also a good conversation topic. This is definitely the more labor intensive part of the recipe. However, this lovely ketchup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and enjoyed on other foods, such as hamburgers, meatloaf, and zucchini sticks.
There are other dipping sauces for French fries that you might want to try. These include:
- Spicy chili sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Cheese sauce
Ketchup, or catsup, is a tomato based condiment that is sweetened with sugar and seasoned with fresh and dried aromatics and spices. This recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and molasses. Feel free to use brown sugar or honey, if that is what you have in your pantry.
While the spices are a bit complex, you can easily just use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and skip the fresh aromatics. It will still be good. If you want to infuse more flavor, add chopped jalapeno peppers and cumin, cooked bacon crumbles, or a spoonful of prepared horseradish.
Air Fryer French Fries
Say goodbye to the guilt of indulging in french fries! When you are craving that salty, crispy hot fresh french fry, air frying is the only way to go. They taste just like theyve been fried in oil, but they are not! They are so much healthier for you, and the taste is amazing. I used to bake my frozen french fries so I wouldnt have to fry them and Id feel better about serving them to my family. But the taste and texture always fell a little short. You have to try this air fryer recipe. It will change the way you eat your french fries forever.
Air Frying has changed the way I cook so many things. From steak, to chicken, to even pizza, the air fryer makes them faster, healthier and so much better. With this air fryer frozen fry recipe you get all the taste and texture of fried french fries but without all the oil and fat and so much faster than in the oven. Its a total winner in my book.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Tips For Getting The Best Crispy Fries
If you are not using a large 6 quart air fryer, work in batches for more even cooking.
If you are cooking thicker homestyle fries you can adjust the cook time as necessary.
Do not spray too much oil on the fries or they will not get super crispy like we want.
After the initial spray, do not spray the fries again.
If they are too close to being done the oil will make the fries turn soft.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you can preheat it first. Mine does not preheat, so if yours does you will want to keep an eye out in case the fries cook faster.
These air fryer frozen french fries were just too good.
Serve them up with some copycat chick fil a sauce and some of your favorite nuggets and you have a takeout dinner at home.
These fries use a fraction of the oil of the typical deep fried ones, all while still getting those wonderful crispy edges that are so addicting!
p.s. I used this same method with frozen sweet potato fries and it worked like a charm!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Why This Air Fryer Chicken Breast Is So Good
- This is the most tender, juiciest, perfectly seasoned chicken you will ever taste. Its hard to believe its made with just a few simple ingredients!
- These chicken breasts are so quick, easy, and inexpensive. Just season, pop in the air fryer, and serve.
- This recipe is not only perfect for dinner, but also for meal preps.
Read Also: Instant Pot Duo Dehydrator
How To Make Them
Whats So Special About These Air Fryer French Fries
This recipe is amazing because of many reasons, here are a few:
- They will be ready in about 15 minutes!
- These air fryer fries are the perfect quick snack for adults and children alike.
- Less oil, more fries! Thats the motto fo this recipe Air fryer these frozen French fries makes them slightly healthier too!
You May Like: What Is The Smallest Air Fryer
Why We Love Air Fryer Frozen Fries
Air fryers make the best French fries, right? While we love homemade air fryer fries we also love that with the air fryer we can have fries on the plate in about 15 minutes.
They always come out crispy on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside. But wondering how long to cook the different types of fries can be confusing. Dont worry, with this easy recipe anyone can become a French fry expert!
- Quick to make, go from frozen to fresh in minutes!
- Little to no clean-up.
- Easy to add flavor .
Reasons To Cook Frozen French Fries With An Air Fryer
Using an air fryer to cook your frozen French fries is a great way to save up on both energy and time. Frozen French fries take only about 20 minutes to cook. This is a big deal especially for those who love French fries, yet do not have a lot of time on their hands to cook it.
Also, using an air fryer to cook frozen French fries is a great step towards staying healthy. People are mostly afraid of eating French fries because of the problem that comes from consuming so much oil.
The oil contains a lot of saturated fat as well as a large number of calories all the things that tend to damage health. Cooking French fries with an air fryer cuts about 80% off your oil intake. This makes frozen French fries very safe and healthy to consume as often as you want.
Air fryers are also very easy to use. Most of them are built with digital controls that allow you to easily select what you intend to cook as well as set up the cooking temperature you intend to cook the food at and for how much time you intend to be cooking. Anyone could, therefore, use an air fryer to cook frozen French fries.
Read Also: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
How Do You Make Frozen Fries Better
Here are some of the best ways to make frozen fries taste better, according to professional chefs.
7 . 2020 .
How Long Should You Preheat An Air Fryer
Take the time to set the air fryer to the proper temperature before you get cooking, says Dana Angelo White MS, RD, ATC author of the Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook, Preheating the air fryer is best for optimum cooking, the temperature and air flow will be at right levels and food can cook to crispy
Also Check: Nuwave Bravo Xl Air Fryer Toaster Oven Reviews
Ingredients For Air Fryer Fries
As you can guess, there are not too many ingredients to this simple recipe. Pick your favorite brand and type of frozen french fries. These are so good, youll want to keep a few bags in the freezer so you always have them on hand.
- Frozen French Fries: 16 oz bag is all you need. If you have a bigger bag youll need to cook them in batches.
- Salt to Taste: I really like to use season salt here.
- Olive Oil Spray: Just to help the salt stick to the fires.
Tips To Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Here are a few tips to make THE best frozen fries in your air fryer or Ninja Foodi:
- No need to thaw the frozen French fries- This recipe is perfect because all you need to do is dump them in the air fryer and fry!
- Dont overfill the air fryer basket- If you overfill the air fryer basket, your fries will not cook evenly. You will be stuck with undercooked fries in the center and bottom while the top ones will burn.
- Shake your air fryer basket- Shake your air fryer basket halfway through the air frying time to make sure that the fries cook evenly.
- Fries bake differently in the air fryer so cook them in batches So make sure to check them from time to time to keep them from overcooking.
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Dehydrator
Can Frozen Fries Go Bad
No matter which brand you buy the safe freezer time is the same. A bag of frozen french fries will last for approximately 10 to 12 months if sealed properly in an airtight bag or container.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! Take a peek and see how many you might already havetwinsies!
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and !
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it.
Frozen Fries In Air Fryer Yes Please
This is an easy foolproof way to make crispy French fries. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Your fast food favorite with less oil which equals less guilt.
Did you know you can have a complete take out meal right at home when you combine these air fried frozen French fries with my Air fryer cheeseburgers? My goodness! Its so yummy.
Loving your air fryer? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in > > > our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
Read Also: Instant Pot Dehydrator Lid
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Frozen French Fries: You can use any brand of regular cut frozen french fries that can be found in the grocery store freezer aisle. If you cook a different variations of frozen french fries such as shoe string fries, steak fries, waffle fries or curly fries, you may need to adjust your cooking time based into he thickness of the fries.
- Cooking Spray: Cooking spray is optional. However, cooking spray helps sticking if you are cooking a larger batch.
- Salt: Optional. See recipe notes for optional seasoning ideas. You can also sprinkle with some Rosemary Salt to make things exciting!