How Long Do You Cook Frozen Fries In The Air Fryer
No need to search for air fryer frozen french fries time. Frozen french fries take about 15 minutes to make in the air fryer.
You will want to shake the basket half-way through for even cooking. If you want extra crispy french fries, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Needless to say cooking frozen fries this way is so much more efficient than in the oven. They become crispy and cook perfectly in the air fryer.
No more soggy frozen fries in this house!
Do You Need To Preheat An Air Fryer
An air fryer does take some time to heat up before cooking. However, you do not need to wait to put your food until after it is preheated. When you set your air fryer for the temperature and time needed, it will begin preheating immediately. Once it is at the right temperature it will begin counting down the minutes you have set for it.
I find it best to put the food in and then set it therefore, the food can be inside while preheating. I worry that I wont be right there when it beeps as the preheat stage ends. This will then delay me getting the food in and the time will tick down without the food actually in the air fryer. For cooking frozen french fries, there is no need to preheat or wait to get the food in.
How To Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
All you have to do is dump the frozen fries into the air fryer basket no oil is needed because the fries were pre-cooked with oil, so they have enough oil to crisp them up nicely.
If you have a simple basket air fryer, you can just put as many fries into the basket as you want to cook. Its totally fine if theyre piled up on top of each other. Youll give the basket a big shake halfway through cooking, which will break them up and allow them to cook evenly.
However, if you have a tray, like the one below, for your air fryer, you can spread them out on the racks to get a more even cooking.
Cook the fries on 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. You can shake the basket a couple of times during cooking, if youve really piled them up in there. For my 5-quart air fryer, if I cook a whole bag of fries at the same time, I need to shake them around a couple of times so all the pieces get cooked.
If after 15 minutes, your fries arent cooked to your preferred doneness, put them back on for 2-4 more minutes, or until theyve reached the crispiness you like.
If the fries arent crisping up the way you want, give them a light spray of cooking oil and put them back on for 2-4 more minutes. The oil will help them crisp better.
You May Like: Emeril Lagasse Promo Code
Do I Need To Defrost Frozen French Fries Before Air Frying
Dont thaw your frozen fries.I recommend keeping them completely frozen before using. This guarantees that the surface of the potato fries is sealed during the cooking process, resulting in a crispy, high quality fry. The exact cook time will depend on the thickness of your fries and how full your air fryer is.
Reasons To Make Frozen Fries In An Air Fryer
- They taste SO much better than oven baked fries that there truly is no comparison.
- You can whip up a batch of your favorite fries in less time than it takes to run to your nearby drive-thru.
- Healthier than fried. While I wont try and convince you that these are health food, air frying fries is a better option than deep frying them.
- Easy clean up. While I enjoy my fried foods, I despise the clean up, and smell, that comes with using my deep fryer. No muss, no fuss, no fried smell when you go the air fryer rout.
You May Like: How To Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Do You Need To Preheat The Air Fryer
I always recommend preheating the air fryer before using it. You can turn it on for just 2-3 minutes before you put your food into the basket, and it will be preheated and ready to use.
If you skip this step it isnt the end of the world. It just ensures that your food is cooking instantly when it goes into the air fryer.
Learn How To Make Air Fryer French Fries Using Frozen French Fries These Will Be Crispy And Golden Perfect With A Hamburger
One of the first things youll probably want to make in your air fryer is Air Fryer French Fries, thats because they turn out so nice and crisp, but you want to find the perfect time for your french fries. Thats the key.
We love to pair these french fries with Air Fryer Cheeseburgers. This particular recipe is going to focus on using frozen french fries, not fresh.
Read Also: Emeril’s Air Fryer Cookbook
Air Fryer French Fries
Looking for homemade fries from scratch? Check out my Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe!
We love, I mean REALLY LOVE, potato recipes, especially french fries. From crinkle cut to waffle, shoestring to steak fries, I rarely meet a french fry I dont like. That said, Ive never really loved making them at home. The oven works okay, but it always leaves me feeling like my fall craving isnt truly fulfilled. The deep fryer makes awesome fries, but the mess, all the oil and the lingering oil scent arent my favorite.
This past year Ive discovered what I think is the ultimate way to make french fries at home in the air fryer! They crispy and have a fantastic texture. Short of going through the drive thru or deep frying, the air fryer is hands down the best way to make fries at home.
Product Recommendations For This Recipe #ad:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Did you make this The Short Order Cook Recipe?
I would love to see your latest creations and kitchen adventures.
Don’t Miss: Cordon Bleu Air Fryer
How To Make Them
Are Frozen French Fries Healthy
I am going to have to go with a no on this one. Frozen french fries are still fried. They are usually cooked twice before arriving at your local grocery store. First, they get parboiled and then they are fried before going through the freezing process. But, if you normally deep fry your frozen fries, then the air frying method is definitely a healthier method.
Serve French Fries with Some of the Dip Options Below for Even More Flavor
Don’t Miss: Club Chefman Recipes
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Start by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Spread the frozen French fries in the air-fryer basket evenly and overlapping as little as possible.
- Cook at 400ºF for 10-15 minutes, gently stirring and flipping the fries half way through. Cook until golden brown and crispy. Season with salt once more if necessary.
As you can see, the fries turned golden brown and crispy after 13 minutes. You can simply serve them as is or pair with your favorite mains.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Curly Fries In An Air Fryer
Instructions Place the frozen curly fries in the air fryer basket and spread out evenly. No oil spray is needed. Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 10 minutes. Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. If needed air fry at 400°F/205°C for an additional 1-4 minutes or until crisped to your liking.
You May Like: Jimmy Dean Loaded Potato Breakfast Bowl
How Long Should These Be Cooked
There are a few things you want to keep in mind when making these, the first is that all air fryers heat differently, even the same brand. Its true!
I have found that the perfect time for us is 400 degrees for 20 minutes, it gives them the crisp taste I want in a french fry. This recipe will suggest 20 minutes, which has been the perfect time for our french fries, Id suggest checking in on them around 18 minutes to be sure that yours cook to your preferred crispness.
If you love these, then youll love making these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls!
Ingredients For Air Fryer Fries
As you can guess, there are not too many ingredients to this simple recipe. Pick your favorite brand and type of frozen french fries. These are so good, youll want to keep a few bags in the freezer so you always have them on hand.
- Frozen French Fries: 16 oz bag is all you need. If you have a bigger bag youll need to cook them in batches.
- Salt to Taste: I really like to use season salt here.
- Olive Oil Spray: Just to help the salt stick to the fires.
Recommended Reading: Gourmia Gaf575 Replacement Parts
Can I Make My Own Fries
Yes, of course you can make your own fries from raw potatoes. The best way to get them uniform is to use a french fry cutter, like this one. This professional grade french fry cutter gives you the type of fry you would buy in a bag. They will cook at about the same rate as frozen fries.
The only thing different is that youll have to spray them with oil in order to get them crispy, because they wont already have oil on them like the store-bought ones do.
Tips And Variations For Homemade French Fries
- Potatoes: Experiment with potato varieties. There are lots of different kinds of potatoes, each with unique properties. See which one you like best. Maybe you can have a French fry tasting party. You can peel them or leave the peel on, either way. Cut the potatoes evenly so they are all the same size. This way they will cook evenly as well.
- Rinse or Soak: Whether you choose to just rinse your potatoes or soak them for up to 15 minutes, its important you dont skip this step. It rinses some of the starch away allowing the potatoes to get nice and crispy. Just make sure you dry them really well, soggy potatoes equals soggy fries.
- Spices: There are so many different spices to try: black pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, ranch seasoning, basil, oregano, cajun seasoning, let your imagination run wild.
- Small Batches: Getting the perfect crispiness means not over crowding the air fryer. You may have to work in small batches but thats essential to allow the air to circulate around all the potatoes. Once you are done cooking all the fires, put them all back in the fryer and cook for another 1-2 minutes just to rewarm and crisp them. They will remain crispy.
- Leftovers: Fries will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and 2 months in the freezer.
- Reheat: Bring fridge or frozen fries close to room temperature. Reheat at 425 for 5 minutes in the oven or in the air fryer for about 5 minutes till they are the texture and temperature you want.
Read Also: America’s Test Kitchen Deep Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries With French Fry Seasoning
Make Air Fryer Frozen French Fries in your Cuisinart Air Fryer. These seasoned fries taste better than making in the oven or traditional fryer!
Our family loves french fries and the air fryer can make the best french fries and that includes frozen french fries. They cook up quickly and are super crispy without any added oils. We love making them our own by adding our homemade french fry seasoning, but you could keep it simple with just a little bit of salt as well.
Air Fryer Trader Joes Frozen French Fries
The healthier option was always baking them in the regular oven. They were always good when oven baked but then we tried air frying them. WOW. The air fried version is way WAY better. The hot circulating air cooks the frozen Trader handsome cut to a wonderful crispy texture without having to use any extra oil. The fries are crispy on the outside and awesome when you want a quick batch of hot fries. Because these frozen handsome cut fries cook so quick, its hard to not want to eat even every day.
Also Check: Bravo Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Air Fryer Frozen Chips
Air fryer frozen French fries is the first recipe one wants to cook after getting an air fryer.In fact, most people love their fries so much that they actually buy their air fryer for it.You can also make frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer in a similar fashion. Most of us love eating fried potatoes.You can easily make wedges, shoe string fries,curly fries in air fryer. Bag of fries actually is a life saver when you are tired.. We looking making french fries in ninja foodi whenever there is a craving for a quick and easy snack.
Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer Tips
- Use this oil mister for a light coating of oil. Just enough to make perfectly crispy fries. You can also use cooking spray But the oil mister is nice because I can fill it with whatever oil I want to use and it doesnt contain any other ingredients.
- The finer the salt, the better it sticks to the fries. I highly recommend Redmond Real Salt. I like to salt my fries immediately after air frying, because the oil is hot and the salt will stick to the fries.
- Change up the flavor with other seasonings! Garlic or onion powder add flavor. Cayenne pepper or chipotle powder for heat. Cajun seasoning for a savory flavor with a kick. Ive also seen stores carry French Fry Seasoning. Let me know how you season your fries in the comments!
- Dont overcrowd the basket. There needs to be enough room for the air to circulate and cook each fry.
- Shake the basket every 5 minutes. If your air fryer has a rotating rotisserie basket, you can put the fries in there to do the work for you!
Recommended Reading: Gourmia Gaf698 Air Fryer Reviews
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients: With just a few simple ingredients, youll have crispy fries ready in no time! We love this recipe because the prep time is so low!
- Versatile: Serve these fries as an early appetizer before dinner or with your favorite onion rings as a side dish. You can even dress the fries up to be your main entree!
- Family-friendly: Kids always love French fries, right? Totally kid-friendly, these fries are the perfect healthy snack addition for childrens lunches and lunchboxes.
- Healthy: Made with whole ingredients only, these simple air fryer French fries are nutritious, guilt-free, gluten-free and a great vegetarian side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Quick: These air fryer frozen French fries are made in less than 30 minutes! The cooking process is so simple!
Easy Air Fried French Fries In The Air Fryer
The hot air frying circulating air will cook the fries just fine. Seriously, these are so crispy and crazy easy when cooked in the air fryer. Within minutes, we had a big batch of crispy hot french fries out of the air fryer. Once you know how to cook frozen french fries in this awesome appliance, youll never look back. The results are aways quick and crispy. Add a bowl of ketchup or your favorite sauce to dip the air fried french fries in and youll be a happy camper!
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich In Air Fryer
How Do You Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF.
- Add frozen fries to the air fryer basket.
- Spray lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt or seasoning to taste.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, tossing the fries every 4 minutes for best results.
- Some frozen french fries have air fryer instructions on the bag. Use those if the manufacturer supplies them!
Tips For Getting The Best Crispy Fries
If you are not using a large 6 quart air fryer, work in batches for more even cooking.
If you are cooking thicker homestyle fries you can adjust the cook time as necessary.
Do not spray too much oil on the fries or they will not get super crispy like we want.
After the initial spray, do not spray the fries again.
If they are too close to being done the oil will make the fries turn soft.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you can preheat it first. Mine does not preheat, so if yours does you will want to keep an eye out in case the fries cook faster.
These air fryer frozen french fries were just too good.
Serve them up with some copycat chick fil a sauce and some of your favorite nuggets and you have a takeout dinner at home.
These fries use a fraction of the oil of the typical deep fried ones, all while still getting those wonderful crispy edges that are so addicting!
p.s. I used this same method with frozen sweet potato fries and it worked like a charm!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Recommended Reading: Barber Foods Raw Stuffed Chicken Breast In Air Fryer