How To Make Brussels Sprouts In The Air Fryer
Firstly, if you find a stalk of Brussels sprouts, then remove them from the stalk. You don’t need a knife, just push them downwards with your fingers and they should pop out.
Most of the time, I just find them in a bag at the grocery store, which is great too. Some people have asked if they can use frozen one’s. However I recommend to use fresh one’s for the best crispy taste.
Rinse them with water to clean and pat dry with a paper towel. I used about 10 sprouts for this recipe . Cut the bottom stem, then cut each brussels sprout in half.
Toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and garlic powder. Garlic powder and balsamic vinegar is certainly optional, but we love the taste and the balsamic galze. If you like a them spicy, add some red chili flakes.
Air fry them at 360°F for 10-12 minutes or until they are slightly browned on the outside. Shake them half way through.
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- With just a few ingredients, you can create the perfect Brussel sprout soft on the inside, crisp and caramelized on the outside, and never bitter.
- This Brussel sprouts in air fryer recipe is quick and easy, taking less than 30-minutes!
- Serve as-is or add the optional garnishes to take your Brussel sprouts up a notch.
- Keto, low carb, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, and Whole30
Can I Use Frozen Brussel Sprouts
If you like crispy brussel sprouts, I would NOT recommend starting with frozen brussel sprouts and honestly even thawed brussel sprouts. Fresh is always best! The seasoning tend to adhere to fresh sprouts better and they definitely crisp up and caramelize better. Frozen or thawed tend to be a little bit more water logged.
You May Like: Costco Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls
Are There Other Ways To Prepare Sprouts
You can add almost anything to brussels sprouts! For a delicious balsamic glaze, try Bertolli’s. Or you can easily make your own! To do this, combine ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Then pour the glaze over the sprouts before cooking. Chopped pecans and cranberries, bacon crumbles, are just a few other small touches you can add to the sprouts.
Ways To Use Air Fryer Tofu
What crispy tofu cubes you can resist nibbling straight out of the air fryer basket can be used in a variety of ways.
Tofu is a perfect way to add protein to your favorite vegetarian recipes and vegan recipes.
- General Tso Air Fryer Tofu. Follow this General Tsos Tofu recipe, but swap in this tofu instead.
- Toss it into any of these healthy Asian recipes.
- Salad. This Mexican Salad and Ramen Salad would be scrumptious with air fryer tofu added.
- Peanut Air Fryer Tofu. Swap it for the chicken in these Asian Chicken Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce or drizzle it with the peanut sauce from this Chicken Satay.
- Air Fryer Tofu Stir Fry. Try it as the main protein in these healthy stir fry recipes.
- Air Fryer Tofu Buddha Bowl. Use it in this Roasted Veggie Buddha Bowl with Quinoa and Avocado.
- Salt and Pepper Tofu. Check out the Kickin Black Pepper Stir Fry in my cookbook. Use this tofu as the protein instead. YUM!
Recommended Reading: Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
How To Choose Brussels Sprouts
Picking out the right Brussels sprouts is actually quite easy. Most often, Brussels sprouts are found loose, or already removed from the stalk, in most produce stores or supermarkets. They vary in size and can be as small as 1 inch in diameter, to as large as almost 3 inches in diameter or about the size of an egg! The best Brussels sprouts are generally medium in size, have a good, compact and tight inner leaf, no brown or yellow leaves, and may feel slightly heavy for their size. The most important factor when cooking air fryer Brussels sprouts is to select sprouts that are all similar in size. You do not want a mixture of small and large. So take a moment and select the ones that are similar in size to ensure even cooking and and best results.
medium sized Brussels sprouts cleaned and trimmed and ready to prepare for cooking in an air fryer.
What Type Of Air Fryer For Crispy Brussels Sprouts
I love my air fryer and my only regret is that I didnt purchase one sooner. I have the 5.8 quart air fryer here and it is awesome.
This is such a great way to enjoy foods that taste like they are fried but with significantly less oil than traditional ways to fry food. You need little to no oil to use the air fryer and it makes for a really great meal.
Read Also: America’s Test Kitchen Air Fryer
How To Make Brussel Sprouts In The Air Fryer
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
Why Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable that are in the same family of vegetables that includes broccoli and cabbage. Specifically they are a member of the Gemmifera Group of cabbage and are know for their edible buds. Brussels sprouts can be cooked a number of different ways, but by far, they are at their best when they are roasted. The flavors brought on from roasting can be described as savory, slightly nutty, and even a tad sweet especially the smaller sized sprouts.
The process of air frying does not involve immersing food into oil, but rather uses rapid moving heat to circulate around the food, thus cooking the food and creating a crispy outer layer. For our air fryer Brussels sprouts, were not breading the sprouts, but rather coating them with a small amount of vegetable oil, Parmesan cheese, dry ranch seasoning, salt and pepper. Thats it! And then in just 12 minutes, youve got perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts, done in a fraction of the time of a standard oven.
Read Also: Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer 360 Promo Code
How To Prepare Brussels Sprouts For Cooking
Preparing Brussels sprouts for cooking couldnt be easier. Wash the Brussels sprouts of any dirt or debris and dry thoroughly. Use a small knife and cut off as much of the stem as possible. If youve purchased Brussels sprouts loosely, the stems are likely to be minimal but you should still trim as necessary. Remove any loose, small or damaged outer leaves. For this recipe, well be cutting the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
The Best Easy Broiled Lobster Tails Recipe
This 10 Minute Perfect Broiled Lobster Tails Recipe is the quickest, tastiest, and easiest way to cook lobster tails- get perfect oven broiled lobster tails every time! The best of the recipes to lobster tail in the oven for a restaurant style lobster tail dinner in under 10 minutes.
Hearty and extremely delicious, this one pot hamburger cabbage soup is easy to make and always a huge hit! Simple ingredients for a family favorite soup everyone loves!
Easy Baked Pork Chops Recipe – the best easy baked pork chops ever in under 20 minutes with simple ingredients! Your family will beg for these pork chops all the time!
You May Like: Emeril 360 Coupon Code
Tips And Variations For The Best Air Fried Vegetables
- Seasoning: You can change up the seasoning for whatever your craving. Try cajun, mexican, spicy, or indian inspired spices to change up the flavor. Its so versatile and easy to do.
- Dont Crowd: The best tip for any food coming out perfectly from your air fryer is to make sure they have space around them, dont over crowd, if you need to work in batches.
- Double: This is super easy to double for a crowd, again just work in batches.
- Toss: After cooking you can toss with more cheese if you desire
- Bread Crumbs: Panko or breadcrumbs work well in this recipe. You can ramp up the flavor with seasoned bread crumbs too.
- Storing: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 min, just till heated through, to restore their crispiness. It wont be exactly the same but it should help.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Growing up, I don’t ever remember eatingbrussel sprouts. I am not sure if we ever had them. It wasn’t until I got married and we started eating more vegetables and fruits that I discovered that I loved them!
I mean I REALLY love them! I love these air fryer brussel sprouts a lot better than making them in the oven!
So why not, Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts?! I have tried to make them in the oven but honestly it is a lot of work! I am not a super fan of heating up my entire kitchen, so using the air fryer is perfect!
Now, they do come with a funky smell when you cook them. Have you ever noticed this? I especially notice after I walk out of the house and back in! Kinda like broccoli!
Pro Tip:You can easily move your air fryer to your porch if you have a plug outside. You can cook your yummy vegetables outside! This works great when making Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts.
Recommended Reading: Kalorik 10l Airfryer Oven
Flavor Variations & Topping Ideas
What else can you add to Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts? Here are some delicious ideas!
- Balsamic Vinegar Toss about 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with the Brussels sprouts before adding to the air fryer.
- Goat Cheese & Cranberries This is a great topping idea to add after the sprouts come are done being cooked!
- Honey A drizzle of honey tossed with the sprouts before being cooked helps to caramelize them to perfection.
- Pepitas If youre sticking with the savory flavor route, then topping these sprouts and bacon with roasted pepitas can really bring this recipe to life!
- All Of The Above Combine any of these ideas with this recipe to really play around with flavors and make it your own!
How Long Do You Air Fry Brussel Sprouts
You can cook these little guys anywhere between 8 and 12 minutes. I prefer my Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with a little crunch in them.
So I cook mine to 8 minutes. I’ll let you decide how long and just how crispy you’d like your Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. Need more specific information on how to cook brussel sprouts in air fryer? Check out our simple steps:
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Dean Sausage In Air Fryer
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for this brussels sprouts air fryer recipe, what each one does, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Brussels Sprouts Look for brussels sprouts that are similar in size for even cooking. The cook time in this recipe is for smaller sprouts, so you may need to increase it if yours are larger. Either way, cut them in half lengthwise for the best caramelization, and remove any outer leaves that are wilted or browned.
- Olive Oil I like extra virgin for the flavor, but any cooking oil, such as avocado oil, works great.
- Balsamic Vinegar Adds sweetness and flavor. If youre not a fan, you can skip this for plain air fryed brussels sprouts.
- Garlic Powder This coats the sprouts more evenly than minced garlic would, plus it avoids burning.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper I have a good starting point on the recipe card below, but you can adjust both to taste after roasting. Dont wait to add all the salt and pepper until the end, though, or the inside will taste very bland.
How To Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
1. Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts.
2. Toss in a large bowl with oil, seasoning, and chopped bacon.
3. Add to preheated air fryer basket and cook 10-12 minutes.
4. Transfer Brussels sprouts and bacon, then repeat for each batch.
5. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Note: The total cook time depends on the size of the air fryer and how many single-layer batches you have to make!
What Is An Air Fryer
Air Fryers are a countertop appliance similar to a convection oven in that it circulates hot air to cook food. This process produces a crispy product without the added oil or extra calories of deep fat frying. It cooks at a high speed so it cooks faster than a convection or regular oven as well. Its compact and wont heat your whole kitchen either. It wont sacrifice flavor even though it slashes fat and calories. Its a total win.
How To Successfully Use Your Air Fryer Every Time
Ive owned my air fryer now for a while, and I have to be honestIve yet to find a recipe that I dont love. And did I mention how simple it is?
To say Im a creature of habit is an understatement. I love being able to cook a meal and know with confidence that its going to taste amazing each and every time.
With the Air Fryer, I absolutely have no doubts. I know that from the moment I press start, to the moment that I remove the food from the machine, it will be cooked to perfection each and every time.
And trust me when I say that once you try a baked potato in the Air Fryer, you will never want to go back to the oven method. And if you are one that uses the microwave to cook your potatoes, that method will be long gone for you as well!
You May Like: Club Chefman Air Fryer Recipes
How To Roast Brussel Sprouts In The Oven
Dont have an air fryer? No worries, just follow these oven roasting instructions:
Dont have an air fryer? No worries, just follow these oven roasting instructions:
Ingredients In Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Brussel Sprouts – Clean and trim your sprouts before air frying.
Olive Oil – this helps brown up the sprouts so they get nice and crispy.
Salt and Pepper – for a basic seasoning.
If you have any questions about Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Parmesan Brussel Sprouts In The Air Fryer
Every child goes through phases of not wanting to eat vegetables. OK. It was me. And I am still in that phase. But as an adult, I try to eat healthier. One I started air frying meals, I found that I love making these brussels sprouts in the air fryer.
You will love this delicious side dish recipe, because they are so easy, and it makes the most crispy brussels sprouts. It is a perfect weeknight side dish because it pairs with so many nice meals, like Filet Mignon, Honey Mustard Salmon, and Pistachio Crusted Chicken.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
The Best Cheese For Grilled Cheese
The best cheeses for grilled cheese melt easily and have a substantial flavor of their own.
- Sharp cheddar, gruyere, swiss, gouda, and fontina are all excellent choices for grilled cheese.
- Avoid pre-shredded cheeses, which do not melt well, or hard, aged cheeses that dont melt as easily , unless you are combining an aged with a different, melty cheese.
- Create a combo. For a unique twist, try a combination of two or more cheeses. My favorite is to use a nutty cheese like gruyere and a classic sharp cheddar.
- Butter. A light swipe of softened butter is necessary to make sure your grilled cheese crisps nicely and doesnt taste dry.
Don’t Miss: Jimmy Dean Croissant In Air Fryer
How Long To Cook Brussel Sprouts In The Air Fryer
I found the best cooking time to make brussel sprouts in the air fryer is 16-18 minutes at 400 degrees. I suggest pausing around the 10-minute mark, shaking, and then cooking for another 5 or so minutes. Add more time if needed.
Cooking time will slightly vary depending on the size of your brussel sprouts.
How To Cook Brussels Sprouts In The Air Fryer
To make your Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, toss the prepared sprouts with a generous drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes. Once the air fryer is preheated, add the sprouts and cook them at 400°F for about 12 minutes, tossing them after 6 minutes.
Once the sprouts have been cooking for about 9 minutes, check and see how crispy they are. Let them continue to cook for the remaining 3 minutes if you want them crispier.
The moment you take them out of the air fryer, while theyre still super hot, toss the crispy brussels sprouts with the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and cooked and crumbled bacon. Give them a taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Don’t Miss: Bella Pro Air Fryer 6-qt